» «
Photo

VEHICLES

528 replies to this topic
no1knowsWho
  • no1knowsWho

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 03:55 PM Edited by wnuczek, 20 January 2005 - 05:58 PM.

HAS_NO_ROOF does only one thing: flags whether tommy's shirt is supposed to flutter (while he is driving convertible) or not blink.gif

http://www.liesfromtheleft.com
http://www.funkyoufonic.com
http://www.fishjim.com

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:02 PM

See that's what I mean. I've witnessed many conversations on this and each one coincided that no roof does NOT allow Tommy to jump in. Since I don't model it's hard for me to pass such information on with confidence. Thank you for confirming that.

So what then determines it? I was told COL before, but Craig feels it does not. Is it possible which ones are like that are hard coded to the vehicle ID? Is there ANYTHING different about those models?

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 06:09 PM

ok, banshee will remplace comet

anything else now?

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 08:03 PM Edited by Knux, 09 February 2004 - 08:03 PM.

Cartel cruiser working perfectly smile.gif doors, colors, sounds, wheels smile.gif

http://www.gtaforums...=0#entry1507087

(in the bug thread)

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:28 PM

Great work, Knux.

Looks a little dark, though, doesn't it?

How much longer until the car pack is finished?

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:33 AM

Wow. Do I feel like an ass.
I was in TOTAL error about the HAS_NO_ROOF flag, but after a lot of serious tinkering, I found out something else... it has no effect on the flapping shirt, either. I messed with the flags, the collision model, the comprules in the .ide, and on several different vehicles. It seems that the thing is hardcoded to the ID. suicidal.gif

That'll teach me to be more observant.

I hate sounding like an asshat.

Anyway, this got me thinking about the 'comprules'... WTF? I can't see any effects- changing this doesn't seem to affect which version car spawns, the way the animations work, or any of that. Anybody know? there has to be something valuable there that can be exploited.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Knux @ Feb 9 2004, 18:09)
ok, banshee will remplace comet

anything else now?

The only other thing I objected to was the stinger -> stinger substitution. Since we can't figure out this roof thing. So it should go over the Sabre (or ANY other 2 door car). The rest looks great.

no1knowsWho
  • no1knowsWho

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:46 AM

@godk. yup, you are right (i was wrong).

this is really strange, but it seems that changing that flag (HAS_NO_ROOF) has no effect on neither animations, sounds nor anything whatsoever.... blink.gif

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 01:18 AM Edited by [4D]Outback, 10 February 2004 - 01:19 AM.

I guess we'll be needing 2 versions of the Stinger? One with a roof and another without?

And, for the record, you do jump over the door for the top-down Stallion, and you open the door when the roof is up.

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 10 February 2004 - 01:23 AM

Yeah. I never really noticed before, but that is in fact what happens... and the wind blows the shirt only when the top is down, too. BUT- (and I don't have time at the moment to test it) if you omit extra1 from the model, you should have a permanent convertible which has the animation. If anyone cares to try it before tomorrow... colgate.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2004 - 02:56 AM

This is ground-breaking stuff guys. I am truly thankful that we all have the benefits of the contributions everybody is making smile.gif

@GODK: That's the first time I've ever seen you make a mistake. It restores my faith that you're actually human wink.gif

I just wanted to add that if we do have 2 models representing 1 for the sake of covering both versions, we could offset the way they're spawned. If zones have limits, we'd have to choose one per zone, etc. So here's what I was thinking: If we cannot make both version representable from a single model, then maybe we should just have the convertible version. If we're adding in the ability for Fido to jump in, why not accentuate that by allowing it to happen more?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 10 February 2004 - 04:38 AM Edited by CraigKostelecky, 10 February 2004 - 06:08 AM.

I don't know if anybody else has done this lately, but in case they haven't. Is this good for the final list?

Vice City ---> GTA 3

Admiral ---> Kuruma
Ambulance ---> Ambulance
Barracks OL ---> Barracks OL
Benson ---> Mr. Wongs
BF injection ---> BF Injection
Blista Compact ---> Blista
Bobcat ---> Bobcat
Boxville ---> Belly Up Van
Bus ---> Bus
Cabbie ---> Cabbie
Cheetah ---> Cheetah
Coach ---> Coach
Coastg ---> Ghost
Comet ---> Banshee
Enforcer ---> Enforcer
Esperanto ---> Esperanto
FBI Rancher ---> FBI Car
Firetruck ---> Firetruck
Flatbed ---> Flatbed
Gang Burrito ---> Hoods Rumpo XL
Idaho ---> Idaho
Infernus ---> Infernus
Landstalker ---> Landstalker
Linerunner ---> Linerunner
Manana ---> Manana
Mesa Grande ---> Panlantic
Moonbeam ---> Moonbeam
Mr. Whoopie ---> Mr. Whoopie
Mule ---> Mule
Patriot ---> Patriot
Perennial ---> Perennial
Pheonix ---> Yakuza Stinger
Police ---> Police
Pony ---> Pony
Predator ---> Predator
Reefer ---> Reefer
Rhino ---> Rhino
Romero's Hearse ---> Corpse
Rumpo ---> Rumpo
Sabre ---> Stinger (hardtop)
Sabre Turbo ---> Diablo Stallion
Sandking ---> Cartel Cruiser
Securicar ---> Securicar
Sentinel ---> Sentinel
Sentinel XS ---> Mafia Sentinel
Skimmer ---> Dodo
Speeder ---> Speeder
Stallion ---> Stallion
Stinger ---> Stinger (convertible)
Strech ---> Strech
Taxi ---> Taxi
Top Fun Van ---> Toyz van
Trashmaster ---> Trashmaster
Vicechee ---> Police (Mark's)
Voodoo ---> Yardie lobo
Yankee ---> Yankee
Zebra ---> Borgnine

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 04:53 AM Edited by MarkPagliaro, 10 February 2004 - 05:04 AM.

I'd prefer 2 version over the one as I stated before because the stinger imo is much better as a hardtop car. I think jumping over the banshee and stallion is enough don't you? If we do go for just the convertable I guess I'll have to add the non-convertable myself. Or if we go with 2 versions we could park all but 1 as convertables. (Leave one parked for those like me who prefer the hardtop) I also know the yakuza is a stinger but this is not the same to me atleast.

also I haven't releases my police car that replaces the vice chee but I am sure knux will do a better one with reflections and functional doors! rah.gif

although in my game the police vehicles will be the only edits as I am going with the pre-911 and post 911 themes.

My setup (planned)
PolMav: 2 carcol Blue and white, Black and white
Police: 1 carcol Blue and white
Enforcer: 2 carcol Blue and white, Black and white
Vicechee: 1 carcol Balck and white

the remaining law enforcement vehicles will remain the same.

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 06:08 AM Edited by Knux, 10 February 2004 - 06:09 AM.

the cops:

Police Maverick: I would say only an updated black/white version (while keeping GTA style) I'll show one soon
Police: normal LCPD cop car
Enforcer: Normal LCPD Enforcer
Vicechee: the normal cop car without top sirens with the little one inside and all doors working.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2004 - 07:36 PM

Why not keep the Vice Cheetah as a regular GTA3 Cheetah with a siren?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2004 - 07:43 PM

2 reasons: 1) We already have a Cheetah. 2) There's nothing we can do from stopping those cars from appearing as law enforcement at 3 stars.

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 03:33 AM Edited by Knux, 11 February 2004 - 03:34 AM.

ok, the pack will be ready tonight I think, the only prob, is that there will be only a manual install... I'll check for a script to install it. Right now, all cars/boats are update, only the police maverick and the dodo remains (and to updated the packer and maybe some other).

I would want to ask something to demarest.

1st: can you redo the main.scm be remplacing the good cars ( like the admiral for the kuruma etc.)

2nd: could you only put a gang somewhere in the city using any gang car please (diablo stallion, yakuza stinger and so)?

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 03:54 AM

I would also like a main.scm with the new cars however I'd also like rcbarons parked for those who are willing to try converting the dodo to the rcbaron. (I'd do it myself dem but as in my pm to you I explained I can not compile main.scm anymore as my builders messes up) Knux you will probally have to supply a list to demarest as this post had a few. Thanks again for all your work.

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:30 AM Edited by Knux, 11 February 2004 - 04:30 AM.

who did the other 2 cop cars (old stype and the one without sirens)???

I have a weird bug with mine ( i dunno why and it don't want to be fixed whatever I do...) can you plz give me a link to it or send it to me!(the no sirens version)

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:35 AM Edited by MarkPagliaro, 11 February 2004 - 04:41 AM.

Are you talking about these?
user posted image
If so I did but never released them.

Thet have no reflections. What is your bug?

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:47 AM Edited by Knux, 11 February 2004 - 04:50 AM.

yeah, I dunno, it's the bug of the little siren inside, the texture is ok, but as soon as I add it in the txd, (it looks ok in the txd) the game crashes and when exported, the texture (of the light) become blue when imported in zmodeler. Did you added the one from the VC cheetah into the cop car? is it working correctly? if yes, just send it to me (dff and txd) and I will add reflection and it will be in the pack.

otherwise.... I dunno what to do :\

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:56 AM

I'll have to redo it or tell you how I did it as I don't seem to have the file anymore I think I deleted it because I was waiting for yours. Anyways I did not add the texture from the vicechee rather I reuvmapped the light with textures already used in the txd I think I used police8bit128.tga and jsut used the texture from the lightbar or the rear lights as the texture for the siren. Hope that helps if not I'll do it up again shouldn;t take long.

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:57 AM

wait, it's ok now, I dunno why, I changed some stuffs, and it's working.

Pack will be ready soon, only on more thing to fix

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:30 PM

As Mark said, I will need a copy of what you consider to be the good list to be able to do that. If you haven't already, post it in the coding thread along with anything else you'd like to see done right away. Can't guarantee when, but I'll update the code with a new version to include whatever I can from what people are looking for right away. This probably will NOT include Pay n Spray, 8Ball's, or saves just yet. Maybe it will. I'm dangerous when I'm motivated, so if I can just get motivated...

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:47 PM

I'm 99% positive he's using the list I posted earlier. (Doesn't matter which list you clicked on, I updated both to match our final list)

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 03:43 PM

Small question: can I use the cars for my own use, and not for GTALC? Am I free to use them however I like?

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:52 PM Edited by Knux, 11 February 2004 - 04:53 PM.

You can use the files as you want but you CANT ditribute them, you CANT add them to a mod and distribute the mod. You can use them for youir normal VC or even for myriad Island but you CANT distribute them. They are only for GTA:LC. Also, you CANT modify anything on the cars.

now, I get a bug AGAIN with the carcols, I dunno why, but before, the Cartel Cruiser was ALWAYS black (whatever the color is in the carcols.dat) Crazydude sent me his, it was working perfectly but some cars colors were not correct, and now, I have the correct ones from Craig, both the Cartel Cruiser AND the Perennial are always black..... Pack should be released today, but I need to get a fix for that.

american.gxt = not me who is doing that
main.scm (parked cars) = to Demarest
vehicles.col = done
handling.cfg = done
default.ide = done
car models = done
carcols.dat = bugs, need to be fixed

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2004 - 05:03 PM

SCM will be revamped sometime within the next few days. Don't want to say when in case I'm wrong. On a side note, EVERYBODY will be doing work with the GXT. I noticed you posted the only ones needing updating. Thank you. If it's not done by time I get to it, I'll do it.

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Knux @ Feb 11 2004, 16:52)
You can use the files as you want but you CANT ditribute them, you CANT add them to a mod and distribute the mod. You can use them for youir normal VC or even for myriad Island but you CANT distribute them. They are only for GTA:LC. Also, you CANT modify anything on the cars.

that's ok, wasn't planning on doing that wink.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:55 PM

The Cruiser (Sandking) was screwed up and now it's fixed and uploaded again. But the perenial looks fine.

This entry is exactly the same in both versions.
peren, 18,1, 37,1, 55,1, 58,1, 23,1, 47,1, 66,1, 31,1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users