Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

i was playing around with whit gta lc and found u can drive left over vc cars
but theres a bug theres no more colours on car they all turn black

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:12 AM

I've been thinking about the extra unused Vice City vehicles for a bit (as I'm running out of things I am capable of doing). And I know that SteaVor or Ben did something like this, I wanted to include more of the better Vice City cars as usable extra vehicles.

I am proposing that we remove the Oceanic, Hermes, SpandEx, Kaufman Cab, Hotring A, Hotring B, and Bloodring B. I would then replace those cars with the Blista Compact, Comet, Sandking, Zebra Cab, Mesa Grande, Phoenix, and Admiral.

These unused VC cars would be left alone: Hotring Racer, FBI Rancher, Washington, Cuban Hermes, Pizza Boy, Caddy, Glendale, Lovefist, Sabre Turbo, Walton, Regina, Burrito, Rancher, Virgo, Greenwood, and Bloodring A.

Any objections?

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

No objections, sounds good. icon14.gif

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:43 PM

Those should fit in well with LC.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:53 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 17 May 2010 - 12:55 AM.

To clarify, each of these vehicles are set to ignore in the default.ide.

In case there was confusion.

Oh, are we able to change the comet so Claude jumps over the doors?

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:07 AM

Does he jump over the doors of the banshee and stallion at the moment?

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ May 17 2010, 01:53)
Oh, are we able to change the comet so Claude jumps over the doors?

Should be a simple hack.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ May 17 2010, 00:07)
Does he jump over the doors of the banshee and stallion at the moment?

Yes. The animations are correct for all convertibles currently in the game. In fact we had to hack the Stinger so it had the "sometimes a convertible" animation way back when. I thought it was in the launcher, but I didn't see it anywhere.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ May 16 2010, 11:12)
I've been thinking about the extra unused Vice City vehicles for a bit (as I'm running out of things I am capable of doing). And I know that SteaVor or Ben did something like this, I wanted to include more of the better Vice City cars as usable extra vehicles.

I am proposing that we remove the Oceanic, Hermes, SpandEx, Kaufman Cab, Hotring A, Hotring B, and Bloodring B. I would then replace those cars with the Blista Compact, Comet, Sandking, Zebra Cab, Mesa Grande, Phoenix, and Admiral.

These unused VC cars would be left alone: Hotring Racer, FBI Rancher, Washington, Cuban Hermes, Pizza Boy, Caddy, Glendale, Lovefist, Sabre Turbo, Walton, Regina, Burrito, Rancher, Virgo, Greenwood, and Bloodring A.

Any objections?

The only issue you might face with this is that the SFX vehicle sounds mightn't line up (as per their original VC sounds). Bear in mind that I haven't looked at any of this for 2 and a half years (or something like that), but I do remember that I had to juggle a lot of the SFX numbers around because we didn't have anyone capable of hacking the EXE with enough time to work a fix that way.

I mean, it's only a minor issue anyway, and it's not going to affect gameplay in any way other than the extra VC vehicles won't necessarily sound correct (although they might - I don't know, it's just very likely that they won't) - but you might be able to engineer a hack through the EXE to realign an INDIVIDUAL vehicle's SFX ID. I emphasise individual because if you change the sound for a group of vehicles - well, it's not really any different to changing the numbers of the actual SFX WAVs, which would essentially just mess the whole lot up.

If that makes sense. tounge.gif

But no, no objections from me (not that my opinion counts anymore, though).

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:51 AM

The SFX doesn't bother me, but if we can fix it I'm all for it. There are also two other issues with the extra cars. First the wheels are not the same as they were in Vice City as they were all replaced with LC wheels. It's noticeable on some of them. Secondly, I think the carcols isn't quite right. I didn't compare in depth, but I'm guessing color 84 isn't the same for VC and LC. So to redo it, we may have to add more colors. I may do that if I get some time in the near future.

My next step will likely be to upload Beta 3.1 since I changed so many files to get those extra cars in the game.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

WE NEED TO IMPLEMENT THIS.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:20 PM

That is a pretty awesome discovery.

lerche88
  • lerche88

Enemy reinforcements falling, roger, roger.

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:44 AM

IS the GTA 3 heli in this mod?

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Thug

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

In this mod are helis, but from VC not from GTA III.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Wednesday, Jun 15 2011, 06:29)

WOW Ive got a lot of catching up to do but does this mean we could get the Dodo working with working prop and rutters?

It does mean we can add the dodo and keep the rc baron slot for unofficial mods hell we could even add a full winged dodo unofficially.

I've got to get my copies up and running now to check this all out.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (Mark Pagliaro @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 02:02)

WOW Ive got a lot of catching up to do but does this mean we could get the Dodo working with working prop and rutters?

It does mean we can add the dodo and keep the rc baron slot for unofficial mods hell we could even add a full winged dodo unofficially.

I'm not sure if maxorator's vehicle loader can load airplanes (at the moment), but it IS possible to add almost unlimited amount of cars, bikes and boats. (probably supports planes too, just not sure about dodo)

it is also possible to use SA models inside VC (without conversion) and since of the latest version, it's also possible to add weapons onto the vehicle smile.gif

I seriously hope you guys will implement this one to GTA LC!!

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

Well... Maxo's Loader is good, but why you need to implement this? VC has enough slots for all III vehicles, so I can't see the point really.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (SomeGuy86 @ Thursday, Aug 25 2011, 23:02)

I'm not sure if maxorator's vehicle loader can load airplanes (at the moment), but it IS possible to add almost unlimited amount of cars, bikes and boats. (probably supports planes too, just not sure about dodo)

it is also possible to use SA models inside VC (without conversion) and since of the latest version, it's also possible to add weapons onto the vehicle smile.gif

I made LC's dodo out of the RC Baron way back when.
So if the loader accepts more RC Baron's planes are a possibility.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Mark Pagliaro @ Saturday, Aug 27 2011, 22:02)
QUOTE (SomeGuy86 @ Thursday, Aug 25 2011, 23:02)

I made LC's dodo out of the RC Baron way back when.
So if the loader accepts more RC Baron's planes are a possibility.

You're right, yes it does! Seems to be supporting additional RC barons, even skimmers, sea planes. (which actually has the ability to land on water) smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users