Photo

VEHICLES

528 replies to this topic
Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

The Master Of Grand Theft Auto 3

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:48 AM

This is really confusing. Um, can someone make a plain list of the vehicles in GTA: LC? Like just what spawns and drives around Liberty City in this mod? Just a list? Please? (And hopefully sorted catagorically. Like: aircraft, boats, cars, etc.)

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:42 AM

The first post tells you clearly whether or not a particular vehicle is used in LC wink.gif . I can't really put it any more plainly than that. Obviously though, the cars are going to look and handle differently than in VC (for example, an Infernus in VC is different to an Infernus in LC) because the LC vehicles are based on how they were in GTA3.

If you've played VC before, than you shouldn't have any trouble in picking what each vehicle type is (car, boat, bike, etc.). And if not, well, play for a bit and you'll see smile.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:10 AM

How up-to-date is the list, ben? I found a slight discrepancy:
205 Sabre Sabre
206 Sabre Turbo Diablo Stallion
It should be:
205 Sabre Sabre Turbo
Dunno why the ST is left ingame instead of the regular Sabre... except that it looks cooler if you want to use it in LC. Also, Angel is not ingame by default, but I presume it's planned for the next release?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Oct 12 2006, 05:10)
Dunno why the ST is left ingame instead of the regular Sabre... except that it looks cooler if you want to use it in LC.

That's exactly the reason the Sabre Turbo is there. And the Angel will be at least in traffic in the next release, and probably parked somewhere too.

simplyunkillable
  • simplyunkillable

GTA: LC kick's A.R.S.E

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:52 PM

i have to drop hints regarding my bikes pack here. also, i think ALL bikes spawning in portland, like LCS, would be the best option and definately how rockstar would do it. but, it's your game.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Oct 12 2006, 20:10)
How up-to-date is the list, ben? I found a slight discrepancy:
205 Sabre Sabre
It should be:
205 Sabre Sabre Turbo
Dunno why the ST is left ingame instead of the regular Sabre... except that it looks cooler if you want to use it in LC. Also, Angel is not ingame by default, but I presume it's planned for the next release?

Ah, thanks - I must've overlooked the Sabre Turbo bit when doing the list blush.gif . I'll just blame Craig though for not picking that up when checking the list tounge.gif . Anyway, it's fixed now (and I've added the reason for the switch below the table.

As for the Angel - yes, that's exactly why I put it as being used in LC. It's just that it hasn't actually been activated yet. Thanks again smile.gif .

banxter667
  • banxter667

Hangin with Busey!

• Members

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:55 AM

Not that I have anything to do with this mod (other than play the hell out of it), but I was wondering if there would be a possibility of maybe being able to unlock the Bickle 76 from LCS by doing say... 150 or 200 taxi missions. I know it wasn't originally a part of GTAIII, but it's a much better car than the Borgnine, and I wouldn't mind doing the extra missions to get it.

Just an idea

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:43 AM

That's probably better suited as an unofficial mod. And, as such, you could make it easier to unlock your reward because it'd basically be designed for you. If you know some coding basics, something like that shouldn't be too hard to implement either. Good luck with it smile.gif .

Or, alternatively, if you just want the Bickle 76 (some sort of car, I'm assuming blush.gif ) in LC, you could just replace another car and have it show up from the start. There's some project somewhere going on to get the LCS files onto PC and have them working - I think something like this would be possible as well. Have fun whichever way you decide to go wink.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:47 AM

I've been getting a lot of unexplained crashes since I put VC cars into traffic. I finally found the cause - the little donkey. Burrito has an invalid wheel identifier of 239 - wheel_truck, not used in LC.
Yeah, I know this isn't so important since the car doesn't spawn normally. But activating unused VC cars is something many people might want to try. So it should be changed to something like 255 in future releases to avoid problems. All the other VC cars are valid.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:42 PM

Good find. That's something that definitely needs fixing. I've updated my file to 255, and I'm sure Ben will do the same soon.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:16 AM

I don't think I've got any downloads with the IDE in them (except for the SFX, but that's just got a text document of the vehicles section). And I'm not reuploading the entire package just for that one change, so as long as Craig has the most up-to-date source of it, everything should be fine wink.gif .

I have, however, updated the source linked in the first post . So as long as the vehicle section of your IDE matches that, then you've got the most up-to-date version.

Actually, come to think of it, I made some other changes a while back. That was to reinsert the vice squad members - I just changed the special vice squad slots part from this:
CODE
# special vice squad slots
97,  swat1,       swat1,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
98,  swat2,       swat2,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
99,  swat3,       swat3,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
100, swat4,       swat4,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
101, swat5,       swat5,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
102, swat6,       swat6,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
103, swat7,       swat7,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
104, swat8,       swat8,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9

to this:
CODE
# special vice squad slots
97,  vice1,       vice1,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
98,  vice2,       vice2,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
99,  vice3,       vice3,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
100, vice4,       vice4,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
101, vice5,       vice5,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
102, vice6,       vice6,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
103, vice7,       vice7,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9
104, vice8,       vice8,       COP,        STAT_COP,           man,       0,    null,     9,9

That also coincided with the deletion of the SWAT1-8 DFFs and TXDs from the IMG, and reinsertion of the VICE1-8 DFFs and TXDs. I can't seem to find the download though (not on my FTP or on my HDD) confused.gif . Meh. That'll have to be updated too if it hasn't already.

If I've missed anything, just yell at me! smile.gif

simplyunkillable
  • simplyunkillable

GTA: LC kick's A.R.S.E

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

RAH! the wheels on the FBI rancher are tiny.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:50 PM Edited by Ben, 13 November 2006 - 10:42 PM.

Yeah, it's wheel values are wrong in the IDE - they're still set as the FBI Washington values. I'll fix it now and re-upload the source - actually, I'll go through and check all VC vehicles for you wink.gif .

EDIT - The source in the first post has been updated, and you can get the most up-to-date IDE from the Updates for LC topic. Enjoy smile.gif .

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:31 PM Edited by Darlyn, 08 January 2007 - 10:51 PM.

Ok people, I am trying to mod the Dodo but it seems that every time I change its col/dff/txd files, the game crashes. I can assure you that I am doing everything right and the mods work, as I have tried them in VC ... Is this ever going to be fixed?

Or, better yet, can the team bring the Skimmer into the game so that this modding problem doesn't happen? I know the game is supposed to be like GTA3, but who would seriously want to fly the original Dodo?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:07 PM

The skimmer is in the game. It has not been altered from Vice City at all.

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:18 PM Edited by Darlyn, 08 January 2007 - 11:42 PM.

Oh, ok then ... I'll just replace all the Dodos with the Skimmer then. Thanks

richard the pissed
  • richard the pissed

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Darlyn @ Jan 8 2007, 23:18)
Oh, ok then ... I'll just replace all the Dodos with the Skimmer then. Thanks

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP! the skimmer allready spawns at asukas condo, when you get to shorside!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:14 PM

Not to mention that this thread is for OFFICIAL vehicles discussion. I've already moved one of Darlyn's posts to Unofficial Mods.

Furthermore, you won't be able to fly the Skimmers you replace the Dodos with because the Skimmer is designed to take off from water, not land. And the Dodo is designed to take of from land, not water. So basically, unless you reposition them, that "solution" won't work either.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:13 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 29 January 2007 - 11:42 PM.

Who exactly came up with the idea that Angel needs to be given a new texture? A very ugly one on top of that ? dontgetit.gif
user posted image

EDIT:
It's spaceeinstein's work, obviously. And not just the Angel. But why? It's not like this is something that needs redoing to match GTA3 confused.gif No offence, but while it's nice that the bikes now have LC license plates, their body textures look worse than the originals sad.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:53 PM

I never noticed that change. And I agree that it looks worse with that star there.

richard the pissed
  • richard the pissed

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:42 PM Edited by richard the pissed, 30 January 2007 - 05:54 PM.

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Jan 29 2007, 22:13)
Who exactly came up with the idea that Angel needs to be given a new texture? A very ugly one on top of that ?  dontgetit.gif
EDIT:
It's spaceeinstein's work, obviously. And not just the Angel. But why? It's not like this is something that needs redoing to match GTA3  confused.gif No offence, but while it's nice that the bikes now have LC license plates, their body textures look worse than the originals  sad.gif

WHOOPS! my bad. i must have slipped in a cellshade texture by mistake. FYI, the origional VC texture should be used.

BTW< why did you think space did it? you could have looked back a bit.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:21 PM Edited by SteaVor, 30 January 2007 - 08:24 PM.

Maybe Konstantinos saw a connection with the mapping/LOD issues mentioned in the bugs topic(which would be spaceeinstein's fault as Kon stated in the thread)?

richard the pissed
  • richard the pissed

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 30 2007, 20:21)
Maybe Konstantinos saw a connection with the mapping/LOD issues mentioned in the bugs topic(which would be spaceeinstein's fault as Kon stated in the thread)?

uhh... not really, maps and vehicles don't really have a lot in common, and i've never seen a map error strip colour out of a txd before.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:39 PM

No no, you misunderstood my post. I suggested that Kon could have thought that space had also touched the vehicle files (beause it seems that he's doing something here and there, not being restricted to a particular area of modding), and his work already led to new issues in the mapping area.

But talking about what Kon could have thought is nothing of particular interest and doesn't quite match the topic...

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:48 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 30 January 2007 - 09:51 PM.

QUOTE (richard the pissed @ Jan 30 2007, 22:02)
QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 30 2007, 20:21)

uhh... not really, maps and vehicles don't really have a lot in common, and i've never seen a map error strip colour out of a txd before.

uhhh... what map errors? Those are model errors contained in space's model and texture update. I thought the bike was part of that update since I didn't know that your bike pack made it into the official release, which I'm not entirely sure was such a good idea.

space_einstein
  • space_einstein

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:29 AM Edited by space_einstein, 31 January 2007 - 01:36 AM.

Oh my God. You just made me want to quit this project completely. You just assumed and you had absolutely no proof that I did that.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:41 AM

Guys, let's not jump to conclusions here. space has been one of our best contributers. He deserves better than that.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:46 AM

Yeah, that was my bad. r.t.p hassled me over MSN about including his bikes. From the screenies posted, there didn't seem to be a great deal of difference, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw them in.

However, since there's so much sh*t flying around now, and it seems that people don't like them, I'll restore the "old" LC ones (pre-v7 style).

@space - Please don't leave mate. As they say, assumptions are the mother of all f*ck-ups, and I think that's been proven right here. I'm not trying to defend anyone, but leaving isn't really going to make things any better, is it? smile.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (space_einstein @ Jan 31 2007, 02:29)
Oh my God. You just made me want to quit this project completely. You just assumed and you had absolutely no proof that I did that.

Konstantinos publicly apologizes for being a moron, thinking that space_einstein made those bikes. If he ever does it again, a brick should fall from a building of great height and chip a little chunk off his skull, so his brain gets exposed to the oxygen and he dies.

Satisfied? tounge.gif

space_einstein
  • space_einstein

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:04 PM Edited by space_einstein, 31 January 2007 - 11:28 PM.

Sorry for my overexaggeration. Ever since Demarest blamed me for something I didn't do, I don't like taking blames like that anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users