» «
Photo

VEHICLES

528 replies to this topic
simplyunkillable
  • simplyunkillable

GTA: LC kick's A.R.S.E

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:14 PM Edited by simplyunkillable, 21 July 2006 - 07:27 PM.

so i'll take it by the lack of replies nobody cares?

here is the FINAL:

DOWNLOAD

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:06 AM

No, no-one cares. Go away.

tounge.gif

Only kidding - Craig's probably grabbed a copy of it, but knowing him, he's probably just too lazy to edit the post to let everyone know he's got it wink.gif.

Or maybe my ugly face scared him away from the forum, in which case I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I'll put a bag on my head next time.

Ben runs off to find a bag with air-holes...

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:17 AM

I saw the post, but have not downloaded the files yet. I've been busy at work lately. I may get to it this weekend.

simplyunkillable
  • simplyunkillable

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jul 22 2006, 03:17)
I saw the post, but have not downloaded the files yet. I've been busy at work lately. I may get to it this weekend.

smile.gif so i take it you like the idea? i was thinking of repainting the pizzaboy; like the faggio instead of the "well stacked pizza co." paint job. i suppose it could be parked at punk noodle, but that's up to you.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:52 PM

Again this is how I feel before seeing the bikes in game.

This is something that I would have never thought about asking anyone to do. And it's something that I didn't even consider that it needed doing. I saw nothing wrong with the VC bikes. This could be something that only a very small percentage of people will even notice.

So when I look at this (no idea when I'll get to it though) I'll probably approve them if they do not look any worse. We'll see.

simplyunkillable
  • simplyunkillable

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:52 PM Edited by simplyunkillable, 22 July 2006 - 10:03 PM.

okay then.

i modded the bikes because i think it would make them fit in better.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:24 AM

I was wondering, why does the Taxi have the sideways 'TAKI' sign from Vice City as a model extra? I only noticed it in v7, maybe it didn't show up before. Anyway it looks wierd, having two variants driving around.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:39 AM

Can you grab a screenie of it?

It's been AGES since I've played III, but I seem to remember two different taxis - well, the only difference being the sign on top of them. One was black and parallel to the vehicle, the other was yellow (similar to the one from VC - and it sounds like the one you're describing) and perpendicular to the vehicle. So perhaps it is meant to be there - I'm not entirely sure confused.gif. I never paid too much attention to it in III, so I could be wrong (or perhaps I've misinterpretted what you're saying) wink.gif.

I'd load up LC and test it myself, but I don't have the time at the moment cryani.gif. Damn school mad.gif.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:54 PM

Well here is a screenshot, but it's probably just like you say, and I'm just being ignorant. Remember that I don't have GTA3, and all screenshots I saw from it only showed the frontal taxi sing. Sorry for that ph34r.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, I didn't think you had III. That's pretty much how I remember the taxis being - doesn't look as though anything needs to be fixed wink.gif.

Don't worry about it - I'd prefer it if it was reported and not a bug than not reported at all smile.gif.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:28 PM

Yeah the TAKIs were in GTA3. I think it might have even been an intentional "bug" done by the programmers.

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:40 AM

Well talking about Bikes I do have a MAIN.SCM file I worked on for v6 that spawns Bikes and Helicopters in places in Liberty City where you would see them in Liberty City Stories and also the MAIN.SCM allows more bikes to spawn in traffic just as much as Cars. If anyone is interested of course.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:23 AM

Ok, you can get the updated files to restore the vicechee to LC from here. The discussion began with this post in the HELP TOPIC, but I feel it is better continued here.

There are two problems with the files linked - firstly, they will not work with LC until Craig updates the SCM to replace all references of enforce2 to vicechee. And secondly, the SFX for the vicechee is currently incorrect - it sounds like a Banshee rather than a Cheetah (although this problem will require an EXE hack, and won't be done until the majority of other work has been done on the mod).

I've also updated the first post to reflect the change, but there currently is NOT a Show Config option to toggle between enabling and disabling the vicechee. I've spoken to MM about this, but this isn't his area of expertise - it's up to Hammer to implement that when he gets a chance. Furthermore, the vicechee is blanked out in MM's latest ASI file, which you can get from his last post in the help topic. He assures me that it's not a difficult task to implement the option in the Show Config, so hopefully Hammer will be able to do it soon - we'll see what happens smile.gif.

Also, I've updated the vehicles section of the default.ide and the SFX package with the changes noted.

And in between studying for my exams, I've started taking a look into the handling data for vehicles - I'll try and get a more authentic conversion from III to LC happening smile.gif.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:05 PM Edited by ModelingMan, 01 August 2006 - 01:18 PM.

QUOTE (Ben @ Aug 1 2006, 02:23)
Furthermore, the vicechee is blanked out in MM's latest ASI file

It's not completely blanked out. The car can still be spawned but it is forced not to appear when you have a wanted level of three.

QUOTE (Ben @ Aug 1 2006, 02:23)
I've started taking a look into the handling data for vehicles - I'll try and get a more authentic conversion from III to LC happening smile.gif.

That won't be easy at all. As Cerbera states in this thread, there are differences in the physics of both games. To pull off a perfect conversion there would have to be major changes to the EXE, and I wouldn't want to be the person to do that.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:26 PM

I'm not thinking about changes that dramatic wink.gif. We've made reference to LC having improved vehicle physics in the past, so I don't think there's any issue with attempting to alter that.

What I'm talking about is a LOT simpler - take the Kuruma, for example. First car you get in the game - I've rolled it countless times on the first bend off the bridge blush.gif. And yet when I've tried to emulate this in III, I can't. But the fix for this should be relatively easy (it'll take a bit of trial and error though) - I just have to lower the centre of gravity. I'm also going to take a look into modifying some of the other functions, although I'll need to do some testing in both games to find out some of the differences.

Despite that though, driving in LC is still a lot more realistic than in III, and that's something I don't want to lose smile.gif.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

GTA:LC kiwi :)

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ May 23 2004, 15:59)
QUOTE (By Knux Posted on May 22 2004 @  23:59)
QUOTE (Monitor57 @ May 22 2004, 17:27)
why not replace the cuban hermes with te diablo stallion? mercie_blink.gif  so you get the flames coming out the exhaust?

Because the Flames comming out of the exhaust cannot be moved, it's like the police sirens, it's in the exe. I did that at the first time but since the stallion exhaust pipes are on the back and the cuban hermes ones are on the sides, it's looking ugly and unrealistic.

The flame exhaust is movable, thanks to ashdexx for finding the memory addresses, "maybe" this can be included in the LC launcher.

QUOTE ((ashdexx))
i wanted to this for a long time, now i can, the hardcoded co-ordinates of the cuban hermes flame exhaust
(if you dont get it, by altering the coords, i can put the flames anywhere i want on any vehicle i replace it with)
ON/OFF - 58bcb5
Scale - 69a60c - float

All are DWORD
X - 69a714
Y - driver side - 69a71c
Y - passenger side - nonexistant?!
Z - 69a710

lemme bump that after so long time, I'd really love to see Cuban hermes fire exhaust on the Diablo stallion inlove.gif

if this is really possible I would give anything to see it in the next release, maybe -why not- activable via Show Config utility smile.gif

please say something, I'm still hopeful tounge.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:53 PM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 12 September 2006 - 10:00 PM.

Well really wasn't warrent a bump. But you could have posted in the Mod Requests forum. I'm almost certain this won't be in the next release because it wasn't a big feature in GTA3 or VC even.

If I knew how to do it, I would do it for you.

EDIT- Hmmm.. I think I got it. I'll respond later...
EDIT- Haha, nope. Oh well, you're on your own, pal.

:P

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:24 PM

I don't think that's going to be an option because it'd stuff up the vehicle SFX. Assuming that the exhaust flames can only be activated on the cuban hermes, then I couldn't even shift slots, as both the exhaust flames and SFX data are hard-coded into particular slots. So I'd say no at this stage.

It *MIGHT* be an option *IF* the exhaust flames can be activated on any vehicle (in this case, the Sabre Turbo slot, which is where the Diablo Stallion is) smile.gif.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:46 PM

sorry Ben, but haven't you already switched SFX for other cars? user posted image
couldn't you switch Cuban Hermer SFX with SabreTurbo one?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:02 PM

No, I already answered that. Data such as the SFX is hard-coded into particular vehicle slots. So when I switch a vehicle slot, it moves the vehicle model, handling data, etc., but not the SFX - I'm actually moving a vehicle into another SFX position rather than moving the SFX wink.gif.

I'm not sure whether the exhaust flame data is hard-coded only to the cuban hermes slot (like the police sirens are hard-coded to the police slot). If it is, then I'd say no, what you suggested isn't going to happen. But if the exhaust flames can be activated on any vehicle, then it might be an option smile.gif.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:31 PM

okay I understand, now we'll have to wait any exe hacking expert smile.gif

anyway thanks Ben icon14.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Sep 13 2006, 01:02)
But if the exhaust flames can be activated on any vehicle, then it might be an option smile.gif.

It can be done via exe hack. The VC trainer by random_download has exactly this feature, you can even add stuff like tank cannon or firetruck hose on any vehicle. It doesn't work with LC, however, so this is something for the Official trainer topic. I even think someone already made the request.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:21 PM

I think you're right, anyway if possible it should be very nice to have an option in show config that enables flames on the Diablo stallion automatically at startup, instead of doing it manually when you get in that car isn't it? wink.gif

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Mar 13 2006, 10:32)
@The Mothership - Something like that would probably stay unofficial though, so I doubt that team members with the know-how (most probably Hammer) would take the time out of developing the official version to work on something unofficial that might not even be possible. Someone else might look into it though.

@bloodyskies - I like the PCJ at Easy Credit Autos idea, which is why I originally suggested it (yeah I know, I can't make up my mind entirely yet). I think that scrapping the PCJ from Portland completely (except for Easy Credit Autos) would be good, but make it available at the start.

The only problem I can see with not having the PCJ available right-away is that some of the cars have different handling, which might make some of the unique jumps way too hard to do - admittedly though, I haven't tried to do any yet, so I can't be sure. It'd be a nice change, something different, to do the unique jumps on a PCJ, and not making it available until Staunton is unlocked makes this quite difficult to do since some of the unique jumps are in areas where gangs are trying to kill you. At least if it (the PCJ) is available from the start, people have the choice as to whether or not they use it.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Faggios driving around in Portland, because that fits in with Portland being the sh*thole of Liberty wink.gif (and also explains why a PCJ would only be available from a car showroom).

I think a Freeway at the building used for The Fuzz Ball instead of a PCJ, a Sanchez instead of a PCJ at the Supa Save near the docks (next to the Patriot), and an Angel in the carpark where you pick up the Manana for Dead Skunk In The Trunk should be the only bikes in Portland (remove all others, except for the PCJ at Easy Credit Autos and the Faggios driving around in traffic - perhaps a Faggio parked somewhere too, like Misty's apartment). Then you have access to all the bikes in Portland, but it's still a reward when you get to Staunton because there's bikes driving around in traffic (similar to the sports-cars from GTA3).

So, to sum up all of that ^:

• Faggios driving around in traffic in Portland (fits in with Portland being poor)

• A Faggio parked at Misty's Apartment

• A PCJ in Easy Credit Autos, next to the Banshee

• A Sanchez at the Supa Save near the docks (replacing the existing PCJ) near the Patriot

• A Freeway at the hall near the Callahan Bridge (the building used in The Fuzz Ball - replacing the existing PCJ)

• An Angel in the carpark of the building (sorry, forget the name of it) where you pick up the Manana for Dead Skunk In The Trunk

• Bikes available in traffic once you reach Staunton

You have all bikes available in Portland, but not "too available", and still the reward of bikes in traffic once you unlock Staunton. You still have the choice of whether or not to use the bikes for unique jumps - provides an allround and dynamic playing experience.

Hopefully, that should satisfy most people - I know that nothing will make everyone 100% happy, but we all have to make sacrifices.

I'm happy with that sort of set-up - please post if you aren't, or if you have alternative locations for the bikes.

@Y_Less and Craig - If you're happy with this, let me know and I'll try and grab precise coordinates for the locations listed icon14.gif.

So, is this still part of the plan, or is this not going to happen? I haven't seen this addressed in the LCFINALchecklist confused.gif

Anyway, about the FBI Kuruma not being resprayable, in VC, the FBI Washington was resprayable. If the Kuruma was to replace this car, wouldn't it theoreticly become resprayable to? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:18 PM

The car would be sprayable. However it would not show up at 5 stars and it would not have a visible siren light. So those features would have to be added to the asi file. It seems that if we're going to do some exe hacking, then we should just find the flag that prevents the respray and change that.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (LCSurvivor @ Sep 14 2006, 07:19)
QUOTE (Ben @ Mar 13 2006, 10:32)
@The Mothership - Something like that would probably stay unofficial though, so I doubt that team members with the know-how (most probably Hammer) would take the time out of developing the official version to work on something unofficial that might not even be possible. Someone else might look into it though.

@bloodyskies - I like the PCJ at Easy Credit Autos idea, which is why I originally suggested it (yeah I know, I can't make up my mind entirely yet). I think that scrapping the PCJ from Portland completely (except for Easy Credit Autos) would be good, but make it available at the start.

The only problem I can see with not having the PCJ available right-away is that some of the cars have different handling, which might make some of the unique jumps way too hard to do - admittedly though, I haven't tried to do any yet, so I can't be sure. It'd be a nice change, something different, to do the unique jumps on a PCJ, and not making it available until Staunton is unlocked makes this quite difficult to do since some of the unique jumps are in areas where gangs are trying to kill you. At least if it (the PCJ) is available from the start, people have the choice as to whether or not they use it.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Faggios driving around in Portland, because that fits in with Portland being the sh*thole of Liberty wink.gif (and also explains why a PCJ would only be available from a car showroom).

I think a Freeway at the building used for The Fuzz Ball instead of a PCJ, a Sanchez instead of a PCJ at the Supa Save near the docks (next to the Patriot), and an Angel in the carpark where you pick up the Manana for Dead Skunk In The Trunk should be the only bikes in Portland (remove all others, except for the PCJ at Easy Credit Autos and the Faggios driving around in traffic - perhaps a Faggio parked somewhere too, like Misty's apartment). Then you have access to all the bikes in Portland, but it's still a reward when you get to Staunton because there's bikes driving around in traffic (similar to the sports-cars from GTA3).

So, to sum up all of that ^:

• Faggios driving around in traffic in Portland (fits in with Portland being poor)

• A Faggio parked at Misty's Apartment

• A PCJ in Easy Credit Autos, next to the Banshee

• A Sanchez at the Supa Save near the docks (replacing the existing PCJ) near the Patriot

• A Freeway at the hall near the Callahan Bridge (the building used in The Fuzz Ball - replacing the existing PCJ)

• An Angel in the carpark of the building (sorry, forget the name of it) where you pick up the Manana for Dead Skunk In The Trunk

• Bikes available in traffic once you reach Staunton

You have all bikes available in Portland, but not "too available", and still the reward of bikes in traffic once you unlock Staunton. You still have the choice of whether or not to use the bikes for unique jumps - provides an allround and dynamic playing experience.

Hopefully, that should satisfy most people - I know that nothing will make everyone 100% happy, but we all have to make sacrifices.

I'm happy with that sort of set-up - please post if you aren't, or if you have alternative locations for the bikes.

@Y_Less and Craig - If you're happy with this, let me know and I'll try and grab precise coordinates for the locations listed icon14.gif.

So, is this still part of the plan, or is this not going to happen? I haven't seen this addressed in the LCFINALchecklist confused.gif

I'm not exactly sure - I think Craig was going to look into a setup similar to LCS, but maybe not. Perhaps a mix of the two - I'll have to talk to him about it next time I see him on MSN icon14.gif.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ Sep 14 2006, 08:19)
I'm not exactly sure - I think Craig was going to look into a setup similar to LCS, but maybe not.

it's the 2nd time I read that, but I don't really know LCS, so what that means? smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

It means that the vehicles will "appear"/"be spawned"/however else you want to say it in the same way that LCS controls it. For example, I think LCS may spawn all bikes in Portland from the outset (in traffic, I mean), yet my suggestion only has Faggios driving around in traffic in Portland. I've never played LCS either, and that's not a very good example, but Craig did explain it to me a while ago. Next time I see him on MSN, I'll try and remember to see if we can get it sorted smile.gif.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:43 AM

I have LCS and all the bikes spawn in traffic in Portland. And all the sports cars don't spawn until Staunten is accessible

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:45 AM

OK, I spoke to Craig briefly yesterday about the bikes and we've decided to more or less stick to my suggestions as quoted above. The only thing that may differ from that is Faggios driving around in Portland - some of the locations of the parked bikes may change too. But with Craig's busy RealLife™ schedule, I wouldn't expect anything too soon wink.gif.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users