TEXT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic
ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 11 February 2004 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE ([4D]Outback @ Feb 11 2004, 21:36)
Ah, good idea. smile.gif

About the "blue marker" thing?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:02 PM

The corpse GXT should probably read manana. Although it does blow up right when you get in it so it doesn't matter too much.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2004 - 01:16 AM

Is my GXT official or unofficial? I only replaced/renamed location names and added navig.zon.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2004 - 04:36 AM

Well, the ZONING is being disputed. However, that's stuff that can be edited out later if we don't need it to be the way you've made it, so I would guess it's official until now. That's part of the reason why the good documentation is important, so we know where/what to change later if we need to. navig.zon does not belong with the GXT though, so we'll have to do something about that. Hopefully once the first beta is released, it will remove the need for some things like that.

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 February 2004 - 03:07 PM

This thread is getting confusing too confused.gif

No wonder not much is being contributed in this area, no one knows what to do nervous.gif

This is EXACTLY why the documentation that Demarest speaks of is VITAL to getting something as simple as the text finshed and done with so we can actually get Demarest working on the missions and other goodies....
without this he can't begin

If at all possible can we get a list going of what has been done, what is left to do, and what is most important for Dem to get the codeing started?

....and PLEASE, if you edit the GXT, use the readme and update what has been done wink.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:12 PM

I appreciate the support there. As everybody knows, I'm at a low point in my life, and GTA and these forums are what I use as my therapy. So I had already decided to just go ahead and start converting things even though it will mean having to go over it a second time. Instead, maybe I'll just go over fresh GXTs myself and make the conversions. It would give me something to do and would pave the way for large SCM upgrades.

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Feb 22 2004, 18:12)
I appreciate the support there. As everybody knows, I'm at a low point in my life, and GTA and these forums are what I use as my therapy. So I had already decided to just go ahead and start converting things even though it will mean having to go over it a second time. Instead, maybe I'll just go over fresh GXTs myself and make the conversions. It would give me something to do and would pave the way for large SCM upgrades.

Brilliant biggrin.gif

Let us all know anything that we can do to help you in that task. So long as everyone knows what to do I am sure we will all be willing to help smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:01 PM

Okay. Change of plans. Until further notice, the GXT will be off limits. If you have updates that need to be made, post a chart here of what those changes need to be. I'm assuming control over the GXT because I figured out that if I update it as I code, it will have the entries that I need and will help me to code that much faster. If there are any objections to this, please voice them. Thank you.

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:56 AM Edited by [4D]Outback, 14 March 2004 - 06:59 AM.

Updated car names. Get V1.2 HERE

All done as per Knux's list. Also changed FBICAR to FBI Car (was FBI Washington before).

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2004 - 08:41 AM

Thanks, Outback smile.gif cookie.gif Link updated. Will update official mods shortly.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 14 March 2004 - 08:43 AM

FBI Car did not need to be changed. The FBI car went in the FBI Rancher slot. The #FBICAR slot is unused.

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 14 March 2004 - 09:14 AM

Can anyone recommend a small and free editor for TGA files?
Fireworks doesn't support them and I don't feel like going through the hassle of installing and loading Photoshop.

And have you guys updated the license plate for the bikes yet? If not I could...if I can find an editor.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2004 - 09:16 AM

I think I USED to use ResHack. Now, I'm pretty sure that Delfi's TXDWorkshop can handle them just fine.

What has this to do with the GXT? tounge2.gif

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 14 March 2004 - 09:54 AM

Whoopsie! I thought I posted this in the Vehicles thread...

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 14 March 2004 - 01:18 PM

Has it been decided who's navig.zon we'll be using to define area's within the city? spaceeinstein's & Knux's both seem to fit the bill, and once it's decided the GXT can be updated and moved on past this stage.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2004 - 03:02 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 14 March 2004 - 03:14 PM.

Does changing the navig.zon crash when you get wanted level?

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 14 March 2004 - 03:22 PM

I think it's due to the difference in the number of zones between the two games maps, and the engine uses the navig.zon as a guide to the audio when you're wanted. As LC has more zones, when you over VC's limit it crashes.

Knux came across the same problem, the only way around was to leave out 3 or 4 entries. I think this is the case with Knux's code, so as long as that works that's probably going to be as far as we can take it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users