Photo

GRAPHICS

185 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:30 PM

This is the thread for all graphics related discussions and releases.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:34 PM Edited by killer.ip, 12 February 2004 - 04:36 PM.

This is going to be the menu screen used in the upcoming release:

user posted image

Currently we have the intro screen being used in place of the greetings pic as you exit the game:

user posted image

We obviously have the capacity to change this to something different, so if anybody would like to offer either idea's or something new feel free to do so. smile.gif

[EDIT] Updated to show rerun's new GTA3:LC Loading & Menu screens.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:46 AM

I chose to use the screen I did over Boombot's because the coloration is accurate and THAT is the screen you see on the menu in GTA3. As for the exit screen, I just used what GTA3 had. If somebody wanted to make a postcard style "goodbye" screen like VC did, great. Maybe Opius has time for one more hurrah? wink.gif

PineCreek-Skidz
  • PineCreek-Skidz

Retired GTA Modder

• Members

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:59 AM

user posted image
I'm using this as my exit screen and I think its pretty cool smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:35 AM

Wrap it up for DL and we'll call it official until something better comes along. Maybe replace "another day in paradise" with GTA: Liberty City or something though.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (PineCreek-Skidz @ Feb 8 2004, 08:59)
I'm using this as my exit screen and I think its pretty cool  smile.gif

Yer damn straight man, that's as cool an exit screen as I've seen. If you've got time to upload it at some point let me know, I'll pop it into the official Menu Splash download... might as well keep things in a single package. smile.gif

rerun
  • rerun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:41 AM

Hi guys, firstly great work with the conversion so far, keep it up smile.gif

I've messed around with the main menu and loading screen gfx, cleaning it up a bit and figured someone else may want to use them too, so here they are.

Screenshots(resized down from 1024):
user posted image
user posted image

Ignore my .gxt entries tounge.gif . The files are here. I can also give PineCreek-Skidz's exit screen a shot if you can provide a better quality source image(s) please Skidz?

-re

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:39 AM

I like rerun's better than the ones I worked on. His has my vote for current official versions. Good work, rerun. Thank you xmas.gif

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:11 AM Edited by ModelingMan, 12 February 2004 - 09:34 AM.

Very nice rerun.

BTW, in the menus, will the pink writing be turned into a shaded yellow like GTA3, because the pink doesn't really go with the menu screens.

.:EDIT:.

Here is the HUDs for these weapons:
  • Bat
  • Colt 45
  • Flame Thrower
  • Grenade
  • Molotov Cocktails
  • Sniper Rifle
Here is the file:
Weapon HUDs: Download

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:24 PM

Those look great rerun, and I'm well happy you went with a higher resolution texture... it's matching the sharpness of the loading screens in GTA3 at last. biggrin.gif

Link & credits now updated in the Official Mods thread. smile.gif

ModelingMan, I remember hearing a while ago that the colouring of the menu text was hard coded, and I'm not sure if that situation's changed. It may be another thing we're stuck with, hard coded sucks!

Nice HUD icons btw. smile.gif

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:46 PM

I took PineCreek-Skidz' pattern a step further, and made a 'wall of fame' outro screen with everyone's nicks/avatars. I put in everyone on the list so as to make a credits screen. Those who don't have avatars, I just used the GTA:LC av's. There is also room for about a dozen more names; currently the blanks have bogus avatars marked "contributor", and a few GTA III pics... these can be pasted over as names are added. Also, if anyone wants to have a different av on the screen, that can be patched in too. The preview pic here looks like crap, since it's a reduced JPEG, but the actual texture is nice and clear.
user posted image

The texture is a 1024x768 32bit .bmp... it doesn't need to be 512x512, VC automatically grabs the corners and streches whatever tex you give it to fit the screen. Since it's 32bit, it needs to be imported over a 32bit template in TXD Workshop. Then just delete the old "outro" and rename the new one to "outro".

If anyone wants to use this, the download is here. (0.99MB)
And don't forget to post feedback / flames / whatever. tounge2.gif

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 14 February 2004 - 07:17 PM

Now that's what I call using your loaf, but promise me this... the next avatar you add goes over the top row third from right image: sexx0r... not likely. cry.gif

Nice one man. colgate.gif

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 14 February 2004 - 07:33 PM

ROTFL!

Whassamatta? You don't like gap-tooth hillbilly lovin'? wow.gif

Even phugly chixx0rz need teh sechs!

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 14 February 2004 - 08:01 PM

Meh... teh sechs is teh sechs, specially today... I think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship. inlove.gif

*gag* tounge2.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2004 - 03:41 PM

Wow. Just wow. What an awesome idea. Being the closing scree, it's like credits. I like it! Thanks for the initiative smile.gif I noticed that av's like mine, Knux's, and Delfi's don't have the transparency showing accurately. Is that intentional? I do believe that my broken heart av is both temporary and a lesser representation of myself. If you could replace it with my usual one, I'd be much obliged wink.gif

TheAnswer
  • TheAnswer

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:16 PM Edited by TheAnswer, 17 February 2004 - 06:47 PM.

I really like it. I think it's a very good idea. Good Work rah.gif

One think, if you want i can make a spanish.gxt

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 18 February 2004 - 05:22 AM

It's looking great but look, put the transparency on our avatars ( black) it will look WAY better wink.gif

crazydude
  • crazydude

Blah!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 February 2004 - 05:51 AM

Looks awsome GODK!

It definitly has a place in my game smile.gif

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:30 AM

I'm just wondering if anything is happening with the rest of the weapon HUD's confused.gif

Particularily the Fist HUD, as that would make a very big difference as far as looks go.
The nightstick would also make things look better as you collect them from cops very easily.
If we are going to keep the other weapons in the game (even if they aren't used unless called upon by cheats) we should change those HUD's aswell.

Hopefully none of these are hard coded in anyway.
If anyone knows which TXD file the fist, night stick etc are contained in I will glady give it a shot myself.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2004 - 12:15 PM

None of them are hard coded. fist.bmp is part of hud.txd and all of the others are actually a part of their weapon's TXD. While I would like to be able to have the game be without the night stick and such, I do agree that until we figure out how, we could benefit from having the HUD for them. In my next code release, I'll try to include an anti-weapon thread that will automatically drain the ammo of any weapon you pick up that was not in GTA3.

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 February 2004 - 01:48 PM Edited by Blunted1, 22 February 2004 - 01:53 PM.

Please reconsider.

I like the nightstick and I like cops beating you until you actually whip out a gun and shoot at them. That adds to the game in my opinion.

If not how easy will it be to mod it back to nightsticks? confused.gif
It would probably be going too far from a port to suggest the mod that makes cops shoot at you and your wanted level to raise just for walking around with a gun.... I think its dumb to walk by a cop with a rocket launcher or uzi and have them walk right by you dozingoff.gif

This is getting to the point of enhanceing GTA3. I do agree with the exacct port idea, but why leave out things that actually do make it better? Especially when they are small changes like this?

The guns, if there are no pickups, then you cant pick them up wink.gif
Leave the additional ones for people with the trainer to play with as extras.
They will not be available in regular game play anyways.
But if the gun is there why make it useless by draining it? sad.gif

I will work on the HUD icons for the rest of the weapons if no one else currently is. The fist especially needs to be done.

JamesSHF
  • JamesSHF

:wub: GTA:LC

• Members

Posted 22 February 2004 - 01:58 PM

This is probably more welcome in the WEAPONS thread, so I'm posting it there too.
I'm all for removing the NightStick, simply for GTAIII authenticity.

If you edit the line in weapon.dat to

CODE
NightStick      MELEE       2.4   250  100  1000 8   -1.0 0.6   -1.0   -1.0 0.1  0.65 0.30 unarmed     0  99 6   0  99 12 99  -1  -1    102000  0

it uses the attributes from the "Unarmed" animation, and the cop hits you with his fists and not with the NightStick. It's a copy of the Unarmed stats, so the hit damage is the same as when you get hit.
No sign of the NightStick when you're being beaten up.

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 February 2004 - 02:09 PM Edited by Blunted1, 22 February 2004 - 02:46 PM.

that works too.... tounge.gif

I love it biggrin.gif
That way those of us that want a nightstick can change that line with ease smile.gif

Good job again James cool.gif

[EDIT]
OK I'm done the Fist hud.txd

http://calzinger.net/misc/hud.txd
[EDIT]

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2004 - 03:53 PM

@Blunted1: Let's not do this again. You knew--as everybody does--that this project's mission is a direct port. Let's not start on the "how can we improve it" kick. I understand that some things are going to be different which is why we're doing this. But the weapons are already going to be awkward for the simple fact that VC has less weapon slots than GTA3. Let's not complicate it. As stated before, the cops in both game behave almost identically, regardless of their weaponry. If you have one star, they try to physically assault you. If you have 2 or more, they shoot at you. If you are at 1 and are on top of a car or other unreachable area, they shoot at you. Whether or not they have a night stick doesn't change this. As for the spotting somebody walking around with rocket launcher, that is way beyond the scope of this project. I'm surprised somebody would even mention it. I made an unofficial mods thread for such things. Thanks for the HUD upgrade. That'll be going into the release, correct?

As for the night stick, I already left my opinion in the weapons thread.

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:21 AM

Alright Dem, no worries.... as mentioned it will be very easy to change should we do it the way JamesSHF has pointed out, after which I said
that works too.... 

I love it 
That way those of us that want a nightstick can change that line with ease 

I understand your stance on the exact port sorry about the unofficial suggestion. As far as extra weapons, I was more asking if the weapons were not acessed unless picked up, could they could be left in..
What I was getting at was not removeing things unnecessarily that could be left without consequence and accessed through cheats.

I'd be lying if I said that I did understand what I was asking though, and basically to clarify, how would the extra weapons such as minigun and mp5 etc be accessed without cheats such as the trainer if there were no pickups for them?

but, again... if it is done the way JamesSHF is suggesting, then I am already a happy camper as I can simply change those lines in the weapons.dat, so if you don't want to I guess there is no urgent reason to answer my question besides my own curiosity.

Yes, the HUD upgrade will definitly be in the next release smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2004 - 12:35 PM

You're right. There would be no way to get them. For that reason, I suggest we leave in the minigun. We'd still have to replace the mp5 with the ak-47 replacement as the FBI use them. Otherwise, the unused weapons we could leave alone. I'll go post that now whatsthat.gif

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:57 PM

Beautiful biggrin.gif That way we still have the added bonus of a minigun and other assorted weapons, but no way to use them without cheats so a normal game is not affected by it. smile.gif
Thats perfect tounge.gif

I'm sure the nightstick will have to go considering the method of removal so far, but that can be put back by replaceing the weapons.dat line which is very easy biggrin.gif

JamesSHF
  • JamesSHF

• Members

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Blunted1 @ Feb 23 2004, 13:57)
Beautiful biggrin.gif That way we still have the added bonus of a minigun and other assorted weapons, but no way to use them without cheats so a normal game is not affected by it. smile.gif
Thats perfect tounge.gif

I'm sure the nightstick will have to go considering the method of removal so far, but that can be put back by replaceing the weapons.dat line which is very easy biggrin.gif

Yes, the weapons are still there, and still useable.
A lot of the weapons won't be spawned anywhere in the game (as has been said) and can be left alone anyway, it's really only the night-stick that needs editing this way.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:52 PM

For this reason, maybe I can rearrange the official weapons replacements to coincide with law enforcement and such. That way we could keep more VC weapons in. We'd have to do some model/stat/etc swapping, but mostly straightforward. Anybody willing to take the initiative? It's bed time for me. sleepy.gif

JamesSHF
  • JamesSHF

• Members

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Feb 23 2004, 16:52)
For this reason, maybe I can rearrange the official weapons replacements to coincide with law enforcement and such. That way we could keep more VC weapons in. We'd have to do some model/stat/etc swapping, but mostly straightforward. Anybody willing to take the initiative? It's bed time for me. sleepy.gif

I would, but I'm not completely sure what weapons the law enforcement use.
Maybe I'll go annoy them in a minute and find out biggrin.gif .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users