» «
Photo

WEAPONS

215 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:28 PM Edited by Ben, 07 February 2007 - 02:12 AM.

Weapons

The slots for the weapons are as follows:
Weapon TypeIn-Game Slot (VC)SCM NumberVC WeaponLC Weapon
Melee
Unarmed
Unarmed
Brass Knuckles
Screwdriver
Golf Club
Nightstick
Knife
Baseball Bat
Baseball Bat
Hammer
Cleaver
Machete
Katana
Chainsaw
Grenades
Grenade
Grenade
Grenade
(used with detonator)
Teargas
Molotov Cocktails
Molotov Cocktails
Rockets
(not rocket launcher)
Pistols
Colt45
Colt45
Python
Shotguns
Shotgun
(Chrome)
Spas 12 Shotgun
Stubby Shotgun
(Buddyshot)
Shotgun
Sub-Machine Guns
Tec9
Uzi
Uzi
Silenced Ingram
MP-5
AK-47
Assault Rifles
M4
M16
Ruger
Heavy Weapons
Rocket Launcher
Rocket Launcher
Flamethrower
Flamethrower
M60
Minigun
Heli Cannon
(Sea Sparrow/Hunter)
Heli Cannon
Sniper Rifles
Sniper Rifle
Sniper Rifle
Laser Scope
Miscellaneous
Detonator
Detonator
Camera

The LC weapons, in the order of GTA3 in-game slot numbers are:
LC Weapons
Unarmed
Baseball Bat
Colt45
Uzi
Shotgun
AK-47
M16
Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Flamethrower
Molotov Cocktails
Grenades

The in-game slot numbers have been adjusted slightly in LC in an attempt to replicate GTA3's weapons, although there is a rather significant issue of not enough in-game slot numbers to have a perfect GTA3 transition of weapons. Ideally, an EXE hack will provide us with this, but it doesn't look too promising at the moment confused.gif .

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:00 PM Edited by Silent Viper, 07 February 2004 - 05:01 PM.

CODE
m4    INSTANT_HIT 75.0  1    1000 60   120  -1.0 -1.0  -1.0   -1.0 0.83 -0.06 0.14 rifle       14 17 15  14 17 15 99  280 -1    28050 6

if the M4 is going to replace the M16,use this (i think replacing with the gatling wasn't too good,coz than you ain't get flamethrower and rocketlauncher,but i think it's more useful to have a rlauncher and an M16 than an AK and M16 wink.gif
especially using the M4 is good if you have Commando Funebreros M16 replacing the M4 smile.gif

EricDraven_GTACrow
  • EricDraven_GTACrow

Jesus Christ Poltergeist

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:07 PM

confused.gif This is just my 2 cents seeing i dont really contribute to the mod (I'd skin peds but my GTA3 peds are practicly all moddifed but i'll try some later)
Seeing you want to stick to GTA3 as close as possible
Colt 45 - Same (Cf's Beretta is good but you want close as possible so the original)
Ingram - CF's Ingram
Shotgun - The SPAS-12 is closer to the GTA3 SG but for chrome..Cf's SG?
AK-47 & M-16 - Cf's counterparts

some one needs to rip from GTA3's Weapons.dff
Flamethrower
Rocketlauncher

Thats just my 2 cents.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:55 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 26 August 2004 - 04:18 AM.

---

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:59 PM

I read the entire intro thread, but I just wanted to let the project leads know that if you need weapons modeled/remodeled/reskinned from GTAIII, I'm happy to help.

EricDraven_GTACrow
  • EricDraven_GTACrow

Jesus Christ Poltergeist

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 07:32 PM Edited by EricDraven_GTACrow, 07 February 2004 - 07:33 PM.

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Feb 7 2004, 18:55)
I thought we are suppose to import all GTA3's weapons into Vice City. Not importing custom-made weapons. ???

MY OPINION
Colt 45- same
Uzi- Silenced Ingram
Shotgun- Stubby Shotgun (it sounds like the GTA3 Shotgun)
AK 47- Ruger
M16- M4
Flamethrower- same
Rocket Launcher- same
Sniper Rifle- same
Grenades- same

Even so. Most of those dont resemble the GTA3 weapons at .
If its staying true it could have BETTER modelled custom weapons but of the same weapon (i.e and AK-47 would be replaced by a BETTER Ak-47)

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:00 PM

lol,thats why i think it should be this :

Colt45 - stay the same or,but that would change the gun-concept,we would take a Beretta made by CF,or we take something similar to the Colt45 what would either be an USP(already existing,but has laser below,so it's lookin little unrealistic) or a P6 of SigSauer (first need to be modelled)
UZI - CF's MAC10
Shotgun - CF's M870 with black grips
AK-47 - Ruger
M16 - CF's M16 ,but instead of Rifle Class it either should fit into the SUPER-Weapon- Class,so in the end it more or less replaces the M60 (maybe with the settings i said earlyer in this thread)
Sniper - CF's AWP
Grenade - CF's Pineapple
Molotov - CF's Molotov
Rocketlauncher - CF's RPG as there ain't an AT4 or LAW that could replace the rocketlauncher of GTA3
Flamethrower - Stay the same (has similar to exactly same model and is not used by many people ...)

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:22 PM

Someone else is gona say this anyways if i dont.

This is a direct port of GTA3, if people want to mod it, then they can, but thats gona be an unofficial mod, and that belongs in the unofficial mods thread.

Correct me if im wrong, but this thread is all about the GTA3 weapons, going into and replacing some of the weapons in Vice Citys engine.

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:47 PM Edited by Silent Viper, 07 February 2004 - 08:51 PM.

btw,if we are using "orignial" weapons,than on GTA3Mods.de you can find a port of the GTA3 AK47 replacing the ruger (and there also is an "uzi-version")
than the rifle,pistol,grenades,molotov,bat and flamethrower can stay,the M4 will either be replaced by a new made port,the RPG also and the either you use the MAC10 as micro-uzi or you also port it wink.gif
btw. the code up there posted by me is still a "port" of the GTA3 M16-one ,only the damage should have changed (increased from 52 to 120,that should be nearly the same,btw i just made the damage-nr so high because in GTA3 there was a lower varity of weapons,so there needed be so many damage-nr's ,coz the difference between each one could be higher as there ain't so many weapons,that used the ones between ,like in GTA Vice City,where the nr. has doubled of 52 to 120,where the maximum is,i think 200 smile.gif (Colt Python)

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:59 AM

Everybody is right! We are going for authentic GTA3. As far as slots go, the swaps have for the most part already been decided as best as the engine will allow. In terms of weapon MODELS though, we can't just use VC's. And for somebody to say "just use GTA3's", that's easier said than done. GTA3's weapon models all coexist within ONE DFF. So it would take work either way. If somebody wants to go through the trouble, then please do. Otherwise, using look-alikes would be okay as long as they really do look close. I like Viper's recommendation of the identical AK-47.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:58 AM

Demarest said:
...GTA3's weapon models all coexist within ONE DFF. So it would take work either way. If somebody wants to go through the trouble, then please do...

I would be happy to do this if someone sends me the weapons from VC so I can replace them with GTA3 weapons.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 08 February 2004 - 10:09 AM

what are you going to do about the extra weapons in VC, seeing as there is 3 weapon cheats and they all get you different weapons. so you could still get some of the old vice city weapons in LC. or you could just make several copies of the same weapon and make them use the same ammo and look identical etc

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2004 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Feb 8 2004, 04:58)
I would be happy to do this if someone sends me the weapons from VC so I can replace them with GTA3 weapons.

Please do smile.gif

I like JasonB's idea for duplicate weapons. For the most part, the weapons can be fully controlled by the SCM. The only real problem comes with what the law is outfitted with. Duplicate weapons could help solve this. Hopefully, somebody can hack the EXE to make it to where police don't carry nightsticks.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 08 February 2004 - 10:48 AM Edited by ModelingMan, 08 February 2004 - 10:53 AM.

Demarest Said:
Hopefully, somebody can hack the EXE to make it to where police don't carry nightsticks.

Dem if you think about, if the cops in VC have nightsticks, that means they run right up to you and smack you with it, so if you give them a gun they will run right up to you and shoot you, they will not take a long distance shot.

Can someone send the VC weapons then, (I don't have VC, Sold Out everywhere dontgetit.gif ) and I'll get to work with it.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:11 AM

I noticed that you didn't quote me when I said that we're going for a GTA3 port here. Cops in GTA3 did not have sticks. Besides, law enforcement behavior is hard coded. A cop will attack you with his fists or stick when he is told to physically assault you. As you gain distance (or higher levels), he will shoot even if he does have a stick.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:18 AM

Thats true, but if you hack which weapon he has that would not make hime shoot you from a distance.
In GTA3 if you have 1 star and a cop is running over to you and you pull out a gun the cop runs behind a car for cover then starts shooting.
In VC if you give the cop a gun he will run up to you as though he has a nightstick and start shooting you as though he had the nightstick in his hand.
So this "HACK" you are talking about would need to hack where the cop starts attacking you.
(Sorry if you don't understand its 11:17am here and I've not been to bed)

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:36 AM

BTW, we also could replace the MP5 with the AK an put the MP5/AK in another weaponclass,than the FBI would also have the right weapon,if we let the M16 beeing an AR15-kinda a gun and put it in the M4 slot,Army will also have M16s,only problem is,they ain't got grenades
than we do the Uzi beeing an MicroUzi (put the MAC10 line,but put a "UZI" in front),so the SWAT will have the Micro UZI,than we only got to have the UC-Cops having a Pistol to be a normal cop ... !
btw,i could ripp the single models,but texturedata might be lost ! and i won't ouput it smile.gif

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 08 February 2004 - 02:51 PM

so far all guns ripped,problem is,i ain't know how to texture them,if i would know,you would already have the whole package to download,but so far i don't know how to texture,so you gotta wait till i know or till someone other does (so btw. has anyone gotten an UV-Mapping-Tutorial for Zmod ?)

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:03 PM

As far as the police and nightsticks go, I think you could simply replace the nightstick with a "no-nightstick" model, and give it all the characteristics and animations of 'unarmed' or 'brass nuckles'. Then you wouldn't have to worry about exe hacking and such. If I get some time, i'll try this out.

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:25 PM

just let the object out of the img and than it won't be loaded and the policeman only uses his fists for "real" CQB and for the rest he uses his pistol,i know that as i once let out the pistol and he just used nightstick

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Silent Viper @ Feb 8 2004, 14:51)
has anyone gotten an UV-Mapping-Tutorial for Zmod ?

You can find some texturing tutorials at GTAzz & AwesysNet, they're pretty comprehensive so they should take you through the basics. smile.gif

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:25 PM

thanks, killer.ip ,i think i have gotten it,the texture on the m16 is nearly applied and i think if i have no problems,the whole thing is up for download (the M16) with txd and dff for you all,but i have to admit,the uvmapping ain't perfect as it is my first one and the texture is little bit to bad to apply smile.gif

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 03:26 PM

ok,here it is,testing went faster than expected biggrin.gif
user posted image
DOWNLOAD M16

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:01 PM

Looks very nice, good job biggrin.gif

Don't forget about the edit button, Dem and anyone else that is moderating this forum do not appreciate double posts that much confused.gif

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:13 PM

oh,lol,i hope i don't forget till next time,but now i have a problem with Zmod,somehow it does not want to select anything anymore,earlier today it did (lol,which other way should i have used to texture the M16 biggrin.gif ) but now it wont :'(

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:00 PM

Looks a bit spiffier than the GTA3 one. We'll keep it until a better one comes along. In the meantime, can you post a pic of what it looks like in pickup form?

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:12 PM

yeah,you are right,it looks little bit more brightened,but i think that ain't such a big problem,so,here is the pickup-picture : user posted image
btw, the shotgun is already textured ,ok, 87% or so,only few faces on top,but i'm fighting with zmod again,so it might take some hours till its up here smile.gif

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:31 PM Edited by Blunted1, 09 February 2004 - 05:31 PM.

The HUD pic for the M4 you released still has the Vice City HUD. You may want to change that to the gta3 HUD wink.gif

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:52 PM

yeah,i will replace it with the right one,but i have problems finding the gta3 ones in gta3.img smile.gif

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 06:15 PM Edited by Blunted1, 09 February 2004 - 06:18 PM.

I am not sure I follow.... I just changed the HUD on the M4 that I downloaded from you.
Open the GTA3.IMG from gta3, find the entry m4.txd
That has the HUD pic in it. You will have to extract both texture and alpha.
Erase everything in the alpha so it is all white (instead of a black outline of the M4)
Replace the HUD in your M4.txd with the texture and edited alpha mentioned above. Done.

If you are reffering to a different weapon that has a different name or something, let me know and I will try to figure out where you get them from.

[Edit]
Changeing a HUD texture is simple, whereas modeling itself does my head in. If you want help with the HUD pics for each weapon that you do I would be glad to do them for you before you release them, if you send them to me somehow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users