Photo

WHEELS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:25 PM Edited by Demarest, 07 February 2004 - 04:08 PM.

mod target file(s)authorlinkrelease datefile size
wheels.txdCraigKosteleckydirect link to a RARFeb 7 2004, 05:5923.3 KB

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:02 AM

If we're going to convert the cars back to their GTA3 counterparts, then we need to edit the wheel textures. All of the wheels are very similar (161 in GTA3 = 251 in VC, 162 = 252, etc.) except the sports rims (160, 250) are different. Does anybody know how to export the textures of the wheels from part 3 so we can have the same tires? I cannot figure this one out.

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:25 AM

you confuse me confused.gif but anyways if you want i will work on getting Run Down That Guys's gta3 3d rims into the game cool.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:33 AM

Didn't think I was confusing, anyway to clarify:

To get the wheels to match how they were in GTA3, we need to export the texture of wheel 160 from GTA3 and import it into wheel 250's texture in GTA:LC. The rest of the wheels are fine.

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:48 AM

well techincy you cant do that, because the wheel is modeled as a rim

so u got the tye and a little bit in the middle - vc is differant

as i said its probably much better and easier if i put the gta3 xbox wheels into gtalc for u cool.gif

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:15 AM Edited by [4D]Outback, 07 February 2004 - 10:35 AM.

QUOTE (Monitor57 @ Feb 7 2004, 09:48)
put the gta3 xbox wheels into gtalc cool.gif

That's what I was thinking. smile.gif

EDIT. But Dem's right, though. This mod is aimed at authenticity. Feel free to post any work you do on them in This Thread (And only this thread, please), though.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:30 AM

Monitor, you already know that we're shooting for GTA3 authenticity here. Further spam of our forums will result in post deletions and I don't want to have to resort to that.

@Craig: You were talking about wheel textures, so I hope this answers your question. ALL wheel textures for both games can be found in models/misc.txd You only need to open them up with a TXD prog like Delfi's TXD Workshop, open up the GTA3 one, export the textures, open the VC one and import the same textures.

Wheel textures are quite insignificant in my opinion, but if anybody wants to do it, no complaints here cool.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:59 AM Edited by CraigKostelecky, 07 February 2004 - 12:38 PM.

Thanks Dem, that's exactly what I was looking for. Here is the file for the updated wheel textures.

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:30 AM

Monitor, you already know that we're shooting for GTA3 authenticity here. Further spam of our forums will result in post deletions and I don't want to have to resort to that.

I am sure that I will now be flamed and told that I am spamming, but give Monitor57 a break.

You say you are going for GTA3 authenticity (an exact port) but he is offering wheels from GTA3 (just happens to be the X-box version).
You yourself said that unofficial mods are welcomed and will add to the community so long as they are kept seperate and everyone realizes what is official and what is not. "many versions will be made, only a few selected as official" (or something along those lines)

Personally, from what I have heard of the X-box version, those wheels/rims would look much nicer and almost identical aside from the touch up to make them look better. If Monitor57 decides to make an "Unofficial" download for them, I will probably do just that, download them.

But for the love of god dont call someones efforts to help spam, and realize that he was trying to get as close to the PS2/PC version of GTA3 as he thought possible, not knowing of course that it was possible to get the PS2/PC version wheels.

No one will help if everyone is criticized, maybe a private project would work better for you?
Don't forget to add "PS2/PC GTA3 Autheticity" because by saying only "GTA3 Authenticity" in every thread it is no wonder that people figure that the X-Box GTA3 is close enough.

(As far as post deletions, feel free to delete this one if it clutters things or bothers you in any way)

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 12:11 PM Edited by Demarest, 07 February 2004 - 12:13 PM.

Monitor is a repeat offender of peddling non-GTA3 items to us, hence my "criticism" (inaccurate). You've cleared up that he was talking about GTA3, but you can't use my words on unofficial mods here because this is not the unofficial mods thread. He can post it there all he wants. No need to get upset. You don't seem to realize that with one thread, we were all very restricted. Now that we're not, those doing REAL work on this mod will want to keep this new freedom. So I'm going to be a bit harsh to that end because I want to see this mod flourish. I think most of the team would agree and the very member (Craig) who was asking about this thanked me for actually giving him the info he needed; something Monitor did not. I know this is a public project and the spirit is supposed to be free. Anarchy is not what I'm looking for though. An environment where others can work together for one cause is. The needs of the many outweight the needs of the few and so, I "criticised" Monitor (one person) for disrupting the work of others (anybody who wants to use or work on the wheels). As the forums get settled in, you'll see the atmosphere relax, but for now, there is too much work to be transferred for everybody to have to trip over that which has nothing to do with the project.

@Craig: Some ISPs won't allow users to DL files of unusual extensions. If at all possible, can you make future releases in ZIP or RAR format? If you choose to update this one, let me know so I can update the links. BTW, the URL looks as if it is YOUR webspace. How much storage/bandwidth do you have? Would you be able to host beta releases and the like? In fact, I'm going to go create a thread for hosting options for our big releases. Release hosting thread created. Link to new hosting thread.

Topic title changed from VEHICLES to WHEELS. VEHICLES topic re-created. CraigKostelecky's credit expanded to include textures. Firs post edited to add link. Official Mods thread updated with link.

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 12:21 PM Edited by Blunted1, 07 February 2004 - 12:22 PM.

Hey thats cool Dem, I was not aware that he is a "repeat offender" so to speak (it is just a forum, maybe those sirens are getting to your head, lol... JUST a joke)

You are right, there is no need to get upset and I am not. If that was a noob (to this project anyways) who had never done anything before I would say you are scareing away potential help, maybe we should clarify for him, etc etc.....
He is not, and I was unaware of that, sorry.

I just thought it was a little harsh to call his post "spam" and suggest that he is not trying to make this GTA3 authentic as what he suggested did infact come from GTA3.

You are one step ahead of things as usual Dem, and I should have known that things were not as harsh as they first appeaered.
You are a great leader and a fair person, I'll just shutup now and let you do your job without questioning things.

(again, delete this and my last post in this thread for the sake of removeing clutter if you wish, I don't mind at all)

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 07 February 2004 - 12:44 PM

Dem, I changed the link to wheels.rar. I didn't think that zipping up one file would be necessary, but I'll do that from now on.

About my site. Yeah it's my own (well, officially my brother's) and I have gigabytes of storage. But I have very little bandwidth. It's a private server hosted on Road Runner right now, so I don't think I could host any files that are downloaded too much. And since RR technically doesn't allow servers (they know about this one and will stay quiet as long as there's not too much downloads. Whew, that was the long answer. In summary, I can host files that are quick downloads, but not big stuff yet. If that changes, I'll let you know.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:43 PM

Links changed to RAR.

@Craig: That's cool. Got the hosting thread all set up and already some decent options are panning, so don't worry. Keep on trucking using your space for your own releases smile.gif

@Blunted1: I can understand where you're coming from. I just wanted to remind you that I have not been on the forums as long as some of the veterans. But I have made the most of that time. In almost no time, I was awarded good karma, given Led-by-ship elsewhere, invited into TP, voted most helpful member, etc. illspirit went through his share of effort to set all this up for us, including getting the permission of Tank, the forum owner. Basically, I have been recognized in the extreme as one of the good guys and there's a reason for that. HOWEVER, a person could easily use that as their defense. Plus I want people to keep me in check if they feel I'm out of line. I try to be a good leader, but I'm still human. You didn't realize that Monitor has done such things before. That's cool. One advantage of all the time I spend on these forums is being able to see different people and seeing things they've done, poste, etc both good and bad. So I guess what I'm saying is trust me; I'm the leader and have been trusted with a sub-forum for a reason. At the same time, don't be afraid to speak your mind. Done.

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 03:16 PM Edited by Monitor57, 07 February 2004 - 03:17 PM.

thx dem, i didn't mean to start an argument but by the looks of things its turned out for the better wow.gif

i tell you wot, i will try get both wheels ingame ok? the pc and xbox versions
ingame and then pm them to dem biggrin.gif if thats ok with him

ps. what about the 3 extra wheels?

wheel_Rim
Wheel_offroad
Wheel_Truck

what to do with them? should i leave them? or should we make some gta style replacements for them

or have you already got the wheels done? if so i will concentrate on xbox wheels only

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 03:22 PM

As is going to be the case with every thread here, always check the first post to see what files are available if you can't be bothered to read the thread. If you're going to post the XBox versions, you really should do it in the unnoficial mods thread. Thank you.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 07 February 2004 - 03:30 PM

The 3 extra slots are just that, extra. As far as the official release we'll just leave them as they are.

JamesSHF
  • JamesSHF

:wub: GTA:LC

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:34 PM Edited by JamesSHF, 08 February 2004 - 12:50 AM.

I installed the new wheels.txt (into the models/generic folder) and some of the wheels appear to be white close up.
I installed a few updates together, so I'm not sure if this is the cause, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem. I had the XBOX wheels mod installed into my VC before I installed LC, and I was accidentally using CraigKostelecky's wheels.txt with the XBOX wheels.dff.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:50 AM Edited by Demarest, 08 February 2004 - 11:11 AM.

3 posts deleted: 1) Run down that guy!! - off-topic. 2) Monitor57 - off-topic. 3) Monitor57 - spam. Keep unofficial mod talk in the unofficial mod thread. Posts saying nothing more than "sorry" are equally unhelpful. Thank you.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:45 PM Edited by CraigKostelecky, 26 February 2004 - 10:47 PM.

I decided to update the wheels again. The sports rims are now 3D, but you cannot see the inside layer. I think it looks better than what I had before though. I also changed the rest of the wheels to their slightly different GTA3 textures. The link is in the same place it was before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users