AUDIO

296 replies to this topic
spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:40 AM

Hey killer.ip, the audio needs v2 and v3. The file is too huge for me to combine the two and upload. I will release add-ons from now on. Someone here might want to compile my audio files.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:35 PM

Cool thanks for the heads up, I've updated the official downloads to reflect the current state of play. smile.gif

thatbastard from The_Borg's forum is up for helping out with this audio task, so both of you guys working on this should help spread the load. I can host any files you guys come up with without any problems, so if you'd like to compile the files you're currently happy with I can get them uploaded onto my server. I'd rather have you compile them as you know the format which they're meant to be presented in.

Last thing, noticed the sfx.inf you mention in your latest readme is missing from the archive. confused.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2004 - 02:23 PM

O crap thanks for telling me. I reuploaded the file with the sfx.inf. Same GeoCities link.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 23 May 2004 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for that, using Nullpointer's should make life easier for anyone wanting to update. wink.gif

Uploaded it onto my host with the same link as before, that mirror should help if Geocities goes down.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 02 June 2004 - 02:31 AM

I added a minor audio update. All this does is blank out everything Rosenberg says after you get arrested. Somehow "Tommy Vercetti is an innocent man!" doesn't seem to belong in GTA:LC. The file's avaiable in the official updates thread (or here)

Extract the files from the rar to the audio folder.

TbM2k
  • TbM2k

playing/modding gta:SA

• Members

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:17 PM

If I want to add missions I have to replace old Soundfiles in the exe with new soundfiles (that will be played instead of the cutscenes), but where do I get the numbers that the loader will replace?!

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 June 2004 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (TbM2k @ Jun 4 2004, 10:17)
If I want to add missions I have to replace old Soundfiles in the exe with new soundfiles (that will be played instead of the cutscenes), but where do I get the numbers that the loader will replace?!

Use the launcher's interface, numbers in the ini spare the launcher to go through a painful searching of string process.

BTW, new opcode for your great site:
0533: assassination_stat += %1

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 June 2004 - 03:32 PM

I noticed that when I had a wanted level the voice over said "There's a 10 Liberty City in East Liberty City".

grovespaz
  • grovespaz

Group: Morons

• Members

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:38 PM

I don't have GTA III, so can anyone please upload the radio-files?

bored.gif i am getting sick off the Vice radio's cry.gif

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:47 PM

No one would ever send you the radio files, you are supposed to have GTA3 when you download this mod.

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:55 PM

It would be easier if you would go to the store and buy it. That will save you a huge download and us a huge upload.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2004 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (grovespaz @ Jun 6 2004, 08:38)
I don't have GTA III, so can anyone please upload the radio-files?

bored.gif i am getting sick off the Vice radio's cry.gif

Set your music volume to zilch and run Winamp in the background music.gif

grovespaz
  • grovespaz

Group: Morons

• Members

Posted 06 June 2004 - 02:56 PM

Funny...NOT!!

I can't see why use GTA:LC if yoyu already got gta III(except the bikes and some LITTLE extras).
But, if a download of 64 mb for the beta = ok and the adf's aren't, ok.
i'll accept.
Btw, i am planning to host a COMPLETE install of GTA:LC(with the updates), is that possible by the rules, mister president?

edit:
I've got my own server, so when i got the adf's, anyone can download them from me, so i'll notify you when i've got them.

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:12 PM

There will be a next release. Don't make it yourself.

And do I get this right? The only reason you want to install LC is because you don't want to buy GTA3?

And it's not just bikes, also heli's more advanced engine, better graphics and not to forget, the engine of Vice city runs hell lot better then GTA3. And the challange to completely move the city from one engine to the other.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:18 PM

And to have a complete "double platform" opening doors to many mods...

Whatever it is, this has always been a place conducive to the productivity of the team. That sort of attitude will not be tolerated. Thank you.

And if you look in the release thread, it specifically states that anybody is free to host the beta. Just PM me with the link so I can add it.

Spidey.
  • Spidey.

Secret Wars

• Members

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:20 PM

I just have a small question(s). Do versions V2 and V3 have the same audio files that the beta release of this mod has? -Spidey...

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:56 PM

You need v2 and v3. They are different. Next week I'm uploading both of them into one file.

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 07 June 2004 - 01:39 AM

I found a few more audio files that need to be converted from WAV to MP3.

City.wav and Water.wav

I'm also having issues removing the original VC audio files, but I'll get back to yas on that.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE ([4D]Outback @ Jun 6 2004, 21:39)
I found a few more audio files that need to be converted from WAV to MP3.

City.wav and Water.wav

I'm also having issues removing the original VC audio files, but I'll get back to yas on that.

I think city.wav is exactly the same as GTA3 but water.wav needs converting. Or is it the opposite.

thatbastard
  • thatbastard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:19 PM

daymn.... times been funked up. well im here to try and help out so lemme know what the score is and i ll get on it. what would you guys suggest i get started on??..... any details/ help would be good, ive been kinda away from the vice/SA for a while. biggrin.gif

VGF
  • VGF

Torrente en persona

• Members

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:36 PM

It might be useful to shut up Tommy Vercetti's voiceovers (Donīt think I found any posts about it): Like when you steal a car and Vercetti says something, or when you take the money of a dead one and he says 'You won't need that anymore'.

If somebody got before me, sorry about that.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:34 PM

Yeah all of the Tommy voices in the SFX file should be blanked out. I already fixed the ones that are wave files in the audio folder. But the SFX Vercetti effect are still there.

thatbastard
  • thatbastard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:54 PM

ok i ll have a look and post up a list of all the tommy in game sounds when i get a chance!. confused.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:15 PM

Tommy's voice goes from sfx8694 to sfx9808. A few are just blanks. But I'm not doing all that.

thatbastard
  • thatbastard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2004 - 04:01 PM

so whats the score then?? blink.gif it doesnt really sound like you all need any help!!.

{DBC}Lance
  • {DBC}Lance

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:12 PM

i've succesfully converted the radiostations and police radio, but when i put in the lc directory and start the game, the radio stations are still the vice city radio stations, and also the vice city police radio bored.gif has that got to do that liberty reads the radio stations from the vice city cd?

and another thing, the audio updates didnt work on my computer, it totally messed up my sfx.RAW and sfx.DAT file

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2004 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE ({DBC}Lance @ Jun 17 2004, 09:12)
i've succesfully converted the radiostations and police radio, but when i put in the lc directory and start the game, the radio stations are still the vice city radio stations, and also the vice city police radio bored.gif has that got to do that liberty reads the radio stations from the vice city cd?

and another thing, the audio updates didnt work on my computer, it totally messed up my sfx.RAW and sfx.DAT file

Vice City reads radio stations from the CD.

Follow the instructions in the program to install it right. Remeber that it takes several minutes.

InfernalCatfish
  • InfernalCatfish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:36 AM

Actually, I have the same problem as Lance. I converted all the radio stations, and it still plays the Vice City stations off the CD, and the funny thing is, I chose to install the sound files to the hard drive at installation. Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling (which would be a hassle, as you can't just do a fresh install without uninstalling Vice City)?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:54 AM

@Catfish: Look here for a complete explaination on why you're getting that problem. Just don't ask where you can get an no-cd file around here. You will not find one as it's against the forum's rules.

InfernalCatfish
  • InfernalCatfish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:56 PM

Thanks Craig, that did the trick very nicely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users