FORUM DISCUSSION

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:09 PM

This topic has nothing to do with the mod itself. This is where we can discuss the way this forum is run. If you need killer.ip or myself to intervene, here is one place you can do it. If you have a question, problem, or suggestion about how this forum is run, bring it up here. Remember, this is a PUBLIC project and everybody has a voice.

ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:27 AM

ha, look at all these topics with no posts... you spamer demarest! tounge.gif

I like watching this mod blush.gif

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:29 AM

dontgetit.gif Whoa! Lots of topics. Glad gta:lc got a forum.

fattony
  • fattony

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:41 AM

good to see a gta:LC fourm smile.gif since i look in the old one to see how things are.. and its going great.

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:49 AM

it meens only you and killer.ip can do something here? (moderators?)

sad.gif

still great to get a forum only for us smile.gif finally we have some organisation biggrin.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:15 AM

its great to see a GTA:LC sub-forum set up, that one thread was getting a little bloated

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:22 AM

Well, just taken a look at the thread we grew up in and we managed to break the 1k & 30k barriers for posts and page views respectively... she may have been a little tubby, but I'm going to miss the old gal. wink.gif

Just to let you all know this is going to be my first shot at moderating in the new forum, it's still nice and shiny so I hope I don't crash it on my first outing. Thanks for giving me opportunity Dem, can I take my L-Plates off yet. biggrin.gif

PineCreek-Skidz
  • PineCreek-Skidz

Retired GTA Modder

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:34 AM

This will definatly help, and you have layed everything out real well Demarest. smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Knux @ Feb 6 2004, 23:49)
it meens only you and killer.ip can do something here? (moderators?)

Not only ones that can do something. Just the only ones with the ability to override any unruliness or disorganizational antics. People seem to have a lot of respect for the mod and the team and I'm sure that for the most part it won't need such intervention except for the occassional stray...

@Skidz: Thanks. It will be even better after a few days when everybody starts "filling in the blanks". I'll have a few hours tonight to do exactly that.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:33 AM

Great work Deamrest, there is one thing missing that you may/may not need.
There are topics for everything but not a help topic.
Does this mean you post the thing you need help with in the topic it goes with, because there is the BUGS, GLITCHES, INCOMPLETES, but this is not really help.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:59 AM

I was thinking about making a FAQs thread to handle things like that and common questions like "are you going to make a bridge to ghost town". I just laid out the main structure here. If anybody sees the need for such a thread, by all means, make it. I just wanted a beginning outline to make the opening as spam-free as possible. Now that we're open and the main structure is set out, people can pretty much do whatever they'd like as long as it remains productive. Good idea.

TheAnswer
  • TheAnswer

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:58 PM

good to see that you have a subfourm rah.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:25 PM

UPDATE. In recent times, there has been some confusion regarding this forum, so I'd like to take a moment to not only draw attention to the fact that the description of this thread makes reference to the way this forum is run, but to clarify again what that is exactly. As stated before, there will be no flaming and no off-topicness here. There are going to be 3 types of visitors here: 1 - The team and others who are contributing. 2 - Those who would like to play with the mod. 3 - Those seeking info about the mod such as where we're at, support for a bug that's experienced, etc. None of these groups will benefit from the chaos brought by flaming and random off-topicness. Before, there was some inconsistency in the way these rules were enforced. This is entirely my fault, partially for returning the favor, and partially for choosing different ways of handling it. For the time being, such things will be covered via a post deletion if it is totally unnecessary, post editing if it contains some relevant info, or possibly locking of the thread if such activity gets out of hand. In the event that a crucial thread is locked by these means, a duplicate will be made. To anybody with critical data posted in the locked thread, please repost it in the replacement thread. My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

This mod itself is a work in progress. That means that it is not finished, it is still being worked on. This means that the experience one can gain from it can be very, VERY confusing. The files are constantly being updated, there are many files to install, etc. We do understand this and will try to help in any way we can. I just wanted to make that clear to help prevent some of the animosity that's been aimed towards us when in fact it is just the natural side effect of such a mod with this many people working on it.

Great lengths were taken to make sure that this forum had an extremely concise outline. This is not to say that these lines cannot be crossed. Threads that are created that are helpful to the project will remain intact while those those are not conducive to this mod will be locked. I apologize for the inconvenience. I am not on a power trip as some would say, but rather have an interest in making sure that this forum is as useful and enjoyable to as many people as possible.

If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, this thread's purpose is to discuss the way this forum is run. I set it up that way because I knew some people would have a problem seeing this if they took it personally. Those that have the mod's well being in mind will thankfully support attempts to keep this forum clean. I thank those of you that do. If there's any disagreement about that, THIS is the place to discuss it. Thank you.

Lix
  • Lix

GTA:LC!

• Members

Posted 15 February 2004 - 09:25 AM

Wow, Demarest, it would take me more than a day to read all your topics and posts... Well I will re-install VC later this day or tomorrow and will download all those mods i need. Well I might not be such active coz VC got real bored lately, hope there will be some missions in this mod. I will contribute as many bugs as i will find, hope it will be helpful for the team smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2004 - 03:26 PM

Thanks. I thought you were helpful before smile.gif I also noticed the banner and your member title. Thanks colgate.gif

xmaniac
  • xmaniac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:06 AM

everybody has a voice
Yeah not really since you know what forget it i dont like the way ppl are treated here so i am gone and i think some of you will be happy to see me go and i just got here i really loved this mod too bad the ppl arent too friendly and dont take kindly to opinions. I'm out peace

PS. I really do love this mod and respect all of you working on it and i just wanted one thing no no asked one thing but get flamed for it so yeah.

PSS. I have converted half this mod to xbox already and need ONLY the TXD's converted to xbox and i would have worked out the rest but now its all gone to wast sorry ppl for being me.

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:24 AM

Must I spell it out?

W-E D-O N-O-T S-U-P-P-O-R-T T-H-E !-@-#-$-%-^-& X-B-O-X

And "only" converting the TXD's is still a pretty tall order. Do you realize how many there are???

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:34 AM

I see you find yourself to be more cunning than the average intelligence level of the people reading here. It's not wise to lie when the very thing you are lieing about is documented where all can see it.

QUOTE (xmaniac @ Mar 2 2004, 23:06)
everybody has a voice
Yeah not really since
That was written in the context of those who are contributing to the mod even if by contributing, they're just pointing out a bug or voicing a suggestion. Spamming the forum however is not a person we would consider as contributing.

you know what forget it i dont like the way ppl are treated here
Aw, you spam and your thread is locked? Cry me a river. That's the way business is conducted forum wide. If you read the pinned topics, you are warned straightaway that this forum was going to be run tight. If you had an issue with that, you shouldn't have spammed. Since you did, your thread got locked. It wasn't personal so you can spare us the prima donna act.

so i am gone and i think some of you will be happy to see me go
Bye. Yes, seeing people who are doing nothing but spamming and whining leave is a bit pleasurable. Then again, you already said you were leaving and you've since posted twice more. Most peole that say they're leaving are looking for sympathy to make them stay even thought hey have no attention of leaving. Want some sympathy? Okay, here you go: Observe the rules and post productively and we'll all get along famously.

i just got here i really loved this mod too bad the ppl arent too friendly and dont take kindly to opinions.
Okay but the limitations of the XBox's modability are fact, not opinion. If I came in and told you that the sky is green and you told me I was wrong, wouldn't you think me the slightest bit daft for throwing a fit saying that my opinion wasn't welcome? You're not fooling anybody. You ARE however taking it personally and nobody has done anything to YOU. We've reacted to posts saying it should be done, postst that were redundant spam, and posts that subverted the system here. Never were YOU addressed until now as you are insisting that YOU become the focus as opposed to your behavior.

PS. I really do love this mod and respect all of you working on it
Respect is more than a word. I could see somebody making a mistake and getting their redundant topic locked as the mistake that it was. Most people in that situation realize what they did wrong and actually APOLOGIZE (even thought they don't have to) because they DO respect us and didn't mean to slow us down. But when the person goes on to create a new topic to say "wah! my topic was locked!" it shows that they don't respect us and feel it's perfectly fine to put their own short-term whim ahead of the community's long term goal. And you are?

i just wanted one thing no no asked one thing but get flamed for it so yeah.
First you'd have to be flamed for that statement to be true. I have received countless compliments for my professionalism, which is very intentional. Instead of just locking it (like some staff do), I decided to break it down as to WHY it was getting locked. If you take it personally, that's on you. You broke forum rules and your thread got locked. that's not a star. We didn't ask you to leave. We just shut down the interactability of a thread that shouldn't have existed in the first place. All the info you wanted was already posted and XBox modding is something that has been talked about in the editing forums and it has been determined that doing so is next to impossible and that which is possible is extremely limited. Take it up there. The fact that you rose up and said that people were hating on the XBox when they weren't speaks of your taking it personally as if you have a grudge against people that don't feel EXACTLY as you do about the XBox. This is a PC mod because on the PC, we're able to manipulate all the files. Period. If you'd like to see it released for the XBox, then either post it when we're finished or bring it up in the various threads that it might be appropriate in. Or more importantly, read what we're about and understand.

PSS. I have converted half this mod to xbox already and need ONLY the TXD's converted to xbox
Putting files on your hard drive and your XBox using them are different. You'll see.

i would have worked out the rest but now its all gone to wast sorry ppl for being me.
Okay Blunted1. Whatever you say.

I do thank you for finally going about using your posting privileges in the proper manner. I will talk to you about this for as long as you keep it respectful and in the proper means.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users