• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic
Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 09 February 2004 - 07:00 PM

Hmmmm, yeah, the links on my page are to the GTA:WO ones, which i hear are unreliable, anyways, i hope theyre workin.

You'll find most things on my site to get the game working, and then a few more from here. (mostly only the ones in the table that dem made).

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2004 - 07:45 PM

With our own forum opening, interest in our work has obviously skyrocketed; some of the posts here can acoc*nt for that. That is probably why WO's links are dead. Either we bandwidth killed them accidentally or they realized how dark and large a shadow we were casting on them and decided to spite us. Doesn't really matter either way.

@Blunted: Please don't take this the wrong way because I TOTALLY understand what you're saying. But I'm going to have to say that I disagree. The authors should focus more on what they're doing than instructing others on how to use them. There are several reasons for this. For one, a mod this large should NOT be a newbie's first mod. Most people interested in this are familiar with modding basics at the very least and most people with basic computer knowledge know how to search for files of the same name. Also, with a beta on the horizon (dare I say around the corner?), it will get a lot easier for a lot of people. So I would just say to those not in the know to exercise just a bit more patience because we are working hard and ease is one of our goals of course. In the meantime, helpful individuals can help here and there as needed. That could be your way of helping and of couse it would be appreciated.

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 08:47 PM Edited by Blunted1, 09 February 2004 - 08:49 PM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Feb 9 2004, 19:45)
With our own forum opening, interest in our work has obviously skyrocketed; some of the posts here can acoc*nt for that. That is probably why WO's links are dead. Either we bandwidth killed them accidentally or they realized how dark and large a shadow we were casting on them and decided to spite us. Doesn't really matter either way.

@Blunted: Please don't take this the wrong way because I TOTALLY understand what you're saying. But I'm going to have to say that I disagree. The authors should focus more on what they're doing than instructing others on how to use them. There are several reasons for this. For one, a mod this large should NOT be a newbie's first mod. Most people interested in this are familiar with modding basics at the very least and most people with basic computer knowledge know how to search for files of the same name. Also, with a beta on the horizon (dare I say around the corner?), it will get a lot easier for a lot of people. So I would just say to those not in the know to exercise just a bit more patience because we are working hard and ease is one of our goals of course. In the meantime, helpful individuals can help here and there as needed. That could be your way of helping and of couse it would be appreciated.

I have not taken it the wrong way and I apppreciate your opinion, but there are a few things that come to mind that contradict what you are saying.
Please don't take this the wrong way.

Firts off a quote from the HELP thread
Thanks. Is it hard to install any of this stuff. I'm not very technical with this stuff. I've only installed a car before

So this is a newbies first mod. And probably not the first.
And I guess this mods popularity has spilled from the select few who know everything there possibly is to know about modding GTA.

Secondly, your very own frustration over the past few days over the loss of users and team members.
All of this could have been prevented.
I know compiled patches and helping nooobs is not on the authors agenda list.... that is why I offered

The only thing I asked you to do was post the links to the original beta so people dont have to ask me where to find them.

As far as helping people I have. I have helped around 10 people so far install all your patches one at a time and recently used the patches I compiled to help one person that thanked me profusely.

A release will solve all this but compiled patches and links to the original beta would have solved this days ago, as a temporary fix until the next releasse.

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 08:49 PM

Smithers2: Some people here are thinking that you host all the files listed on your site. Which you don't.

Everyone: Smithers2's site is just a list of available files. He does not host any of the files there.

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Smithers2 @ Feb 9 2004, 19:00)
Hmmmm, yeah, the links on my page are to the GTA:WO ones, which i hear are unreliable, anyways, i hope theyre workin.

I thought that post told people, but maby not.

I DO NOT HOST ANY FILES (unlesss i am asked to) I SIMPLY ACT AS A 'DOWNLOAD HUB'

If theres a problem with the site, let me know.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 10:05 PM Edited by killer.ip, 10 February 2004 - 09:58 PM.

Okay, that's the download list up and running in it's new format... deleted links are but a bad memory.

Thanks to MarkPagliaro for laying the initial groundwork in actually hunting through our old thread looking for downloads, and to Dem for providing the structure around which the current list is based. smile.gif

[EDIT] Doh! Cheers dude, thanks for keeping an eye out. Props on those train files btw, they're in the Compilation Pack... as bona fide as they come. colgate.gif

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:44 PM Edited by MarkPagliaro, 10 February 2004 - 11:16 PM.

Edit:
Useless reply now, Problem fixed.
Thank You Killer.ip

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:45 PM

Fabulous work. I'm speechless. I wish there were words to express my gratitude xmas.gif cookie.gif

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:22 PM Edited by [4D]Outback, 11 February 2004 - 11:25 PM.

I'm assuming I missed something...?

EDIT. Ah, I see. Great work on the list, there, killer.ip.

Dudeness
  • Dudeness

Executioner 3499

• Members

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:35 AM

sorry if this is off topic but can anybody link and list all of the things you need to play GTA:LC. Oh... and do you need VC to play LC or is LC on its own. Ihave VC for PS2 but that won't do.

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:39 AM

Yes, you need Vice City PC to use GTALC.

Other than that, you'd need the VC Mod Manager and IMGTool 1.3

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:51 AM

You NEED a copy of Vice City for the PC. You also should have GTA3 for the PC, but we cannot enforce that right now. But a fresh install of Vice is needed to start Liberty City.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:42 PM

Hi guys,

First of all... gratz with your fabulous work. I've installed the original GTA LC ( from WO) and most of you mods you created, and it really came a long way in a short time since you guys are busy with it.. Keep up te good work.

During the installing of all your mods, it became apparent that many mods contained different versions of the same file, and it was clear to me that it would be really convenient to have all the files in a public CVS repository. It would prevent parallel changes to the same files (or at least make them apparent) and regulary releasing a consistent alfa/beta release would be a breeze.

I'm not in a position to host a public CVS repository myself, but maybe someone on your team has that possibility. I don't know what the level of CVS knowledge is among your team, but I think it would streamline the whole process considerably and it should be considered.

Just my $0.02

4242: Greeting_from $PatrickW

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:37 PM

And that's exactly the purpose of this thread wink.gif

roger1079
  • roger1079

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 06:51 PM Edited by roger1079, 13 February 2004 - 07:59 PM.

i just reinstalled using Blunted1's 2 files. one is a 25mb file and the other is a 2mb file. the larger file is a 1032 file archive with a convenient install script. hats off to him for making a painful and confusing installation EXTREMELY easy.

if you would like to get hold of these files that simplify the entire update process into 2 steps, PM blunted1 or myself for the download url.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2004 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (roger1079 @ Feb 13 2004, 13:51)
i just reinstalled using Blunted1's 2 files. one is a 25mb file and the other is a 2mb file. the larger file is a 1032 file archive with a convenient install script. hats off to him for making a painful and confusing installation EXTREMELY easy.

This is the official mods thread. Let's keep it on-topic wink.gif

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 08:05 PM

At the moment I'm bearing the responsibilty for the download list, if you or anyone else has a problem with it just let me know. It was a train wreck when we moved in for sure, but at least to my eyes it's not looking that way any more.

The main problem with having a two file release at this point would be that it'll become obsolete by the end of the day... at least here your copy of Liberty City can grow as updates are added. As you've probably gathered this does happen frequently. smile.gif

Sorry, but this discussion has gone off-topic, as the title suggests this thread is about official mod downloads only. dozingoff.gif

roger1079
  • roger1079

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (killer.ip @ Feb 13 2004, 20:05)
At the moment I'm bearing the responsibilty for the download list, if you or anyone else has a problem with it just let me know. It was a train wreck when we moved in for sure, but at least to my eyes it's not looking that way any more.

The main problem with having a two file release at this point would be that it'll become obsolete by the end of the day... at least here your copy of Liberty City can grow as updates are added. As you've probably gathered this does happen frequently. smile.gif

Sorry, but this discussion has gone off-topic, as the title suggests this thread is about official mod downloads only. dozingoff.gif

killer, i meant absolutely no disrepect to you or anyone else on the team with my post. as i stated above, you guys are doing a killer job. i understand 100% that a compilation will be obsolete within a matter of hours, but it greatly simplifies the process for someone that wants to see what your mod is all about and doesnt have a whole lot of experience with manually installing mods. my post was basically in response to demarest's holier than thou attitude towards everyone. regardless of how good he is at modding, there is no need for him to be a complete bastard to anyone and everyone that he comes into contact with. sorry for straying this thread off topic, i just wanted to voice my opinion since i know for a fact there are more than a few others that share the same feelings but dont want to endure dem's wrath for speaking out.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2004 - 08:23 PM

Posts were deleted for 2 reasons. 1 - flaming which is outlined as untolerated. 2 - I said keep it on topic and you didn't. You so on both points, you were warned.

It's laughable that you think Blunted1's involvement would be reason for me to feel any which way. Blunted1 never bothered to release anything, so it's all but a myth at this point. If you must know the truth, when I read your first post, I went and checked the links... searching... searching... nope, no link credited to Blunted1. THAT's how I knew it wasn't an official mod we were talking about and THAT's how I knew it was off-topic in this thread. If you enjoy the mod so much, then you should show a little respect to the people working on it AS WELL AS their workspace. Anybody familiar with the Blunted1 incident know that it was not his HELP that got him into trouble. So maybe read up before you comment on issues you aren't aware of. If he wants to release his mods, that's cool. We have many, many channels through which to do it. He could release it in the unofficial mods, he could pm me and say I have these files, here's what they do, etc. He hasn't done any of those. These files you mention are a figment of somebody's imagination for all I know. If they exist and they're so helpful, where are they? Are you here to be a part of this or to taunt us?

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 08:34 PM Edited by Blunted1, 13 February 2004 - 08:38 PM.

I was going to sit back and not get involved but now it looks like I have to.

Dem, stop being a silly prick and open your eyes. Those files are no more a "figment of your imagination" than they were WHEN I OFFERED THEM TO YOU.

That will NOT happen again. I have given strict instructions to the growing list of people that have them (now over 20) to NOT RELEASE THEM.

I find it strange that your help forum is emptier than my PM box that is filled with people scared of you and your crappy attitude. So scared they dare not post in the first place.

The files I offeered you are nothing more than your own OFFICIAL mods with an edited install script.

Me offering to help is exactly what caused all this "blunted1 incident" nonesense in the first place. Maybe you should have just accepted my help huh?

PM you??? HAHAHAHAHA that is a funny joke... maybe I should post what happens when you are dumb enough to apologize to Demarest and try to make peace with an asshole......

Either way dont take this crap out on other people because they actually recieved help from me and had their questions answered RESPECTFULLY.
And that is the exact reason you called your own files unofficial.... because my name was attached and you were ignorant to any different and decided to be a prick instead of ask.

Grow up. If this continues then I will report you to Illspirit just as you suggested.... QUIT FLAMEING PEOPLE FOR NO RESASON.

I will leave again, until you give me reason to come back.....

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 08:40 PM Edited by [4D]Outback, 13 February 2004 - 08:41 PM.

The "blunted1 incident" was caused because you were trying to make us do things your way. You got all pissy when people disagreed with your "suggestions".

And again, stop thinking it's only Dem that doesn't like your ideas. You are sorely, sorely mistaken.

Now, for the love of sanity, GO AWAY!

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 08:47 PM

I didnt try to make anyone do anything, get over yourself. It was a SUGGESTION... at that time I was deluded enough to think suggesting things was ok, especially when my name WAS on the Team list, I figured out that is forbidden and it wont happen again.

Secondly, I dont think Dem was the only one who disagreed with my idea..... he was simply the only one that was a complete knob about it.

Again, as I said days ago, all you had to say was you do not want things easier and you dont like the idea instead of FLAMEING ME (which Dem has finally admitted to)

Finally, as I said in my last post

So STFU if you dont want me here and quite flameing everyone that walks in your door for even mentioning my name.

I took my idea elsewhere and I was respectfull enough to leave..... so let me leave and dont call me back here anymore please.

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Blunted1 @ Feb 13 2004, 20:47)
I didnt try to make anyone do anything, get over yourself. It was a SUGGESTION...

Which you kept "Suggesting" until you got people pissed at you.

was a complete knob about it.

touché...

Again, as I said days ago, all you had to say was you do not want things easier and you dont like the idea instead of FLAMEING ME (which Dem has finally admitted to)

Easier for who? Certainly not easier for the team.
And, as I recall, I DID tell you that it wasn't a good idea. NUMEROUS times, actually. I also recall telling you that you weren't the first to mention it, let make one, and that if we did decide to do compiled release(s), we would have done them LONG BEFORE you ever came here.
Where you get off thinking you were the first one is beyond me.

Finally, as I said in my last post

suicidal.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2004 - 09:16 PM Edited by Demarest, 13 February 2004 - 09:25 PM.

Too many posts deleted. Flaming. Off-topic. Locked. Done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users