Quantcast

» «
Photo

MEET THE TEAM

231 replies to this topic
CTM
  • CTM

A ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?

• Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:23 AM Edited by CTM, 04 June 2005 - 09:37 AM.

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jun 4 2005, 03:25)
DominionSpy was doing it, but I don't think he'll mind.

Ah, okay. If he wants to keep updating it then I'm not the one to stand in his way, though he hasn't been around for ages...

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky)
Is there a reason that you didn't add yourself though? You should be on there. Even though I haven't seen your installer yet, I'd be VERY surprised if I didn't use it.

Yeah; I always wait for permission to do something before I actually do it. smile.gif I'll put myself on there sometime today. Thanks.

edit: added myself and changed Smithers' name on this one:

http://iphq.net/gtal...o_v4update2.zip

DominionSpy
  • DominionSpy

Man with a plan!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:48 PM

Yeah sorry I've been away for a while - had university work to do.

I don't mind you taking over if you want to CTM, but I would like to continue doing it. I enjoy trying to find space for all the names (which I'll have to do again if someone else joins biggrin.gif ).

Any way - I've added the latest people and put it in my usual place here.

CTM
  • CTM

A ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?

• Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:01 PM

It's okay, DS, I'd much rather you do it - yours looks much better than mine. smile.gif I've integrated your latest outro into test5. Now as soon as we get the radio station problem fixed, we'll finally be on our way...

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:35 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 14 August 2005 - 06:24 AM.

G'day, i'd just like to say thanks to everyone on the team for their marvellous work in LC.

For everyone else, perhaps you should check out the Unofficial thank you topic and post some of your gratitude there. wink.gif

EDIT - You can find the Unofficial Thank You thread here if it disappears off the main page.

DenSho
  • DenSho

Shadow of the Bat!

• Members

Posted 04 September 2005 - 04:25 PM

This mod ROCKS my socks. GREAT JOB, you're awesome, LC Team biggrin.gif

Modder_Man
  • Modder_Man

LC Modder

• Members

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:02 AM

thx for this awesome mod, the best there is if you ask me!

on another note: FU sign-clinton.gif FU sign-thompson.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:05 PM

good job with the mod you guys! looks like alot of work went into it.
this is the most successful TC mod released, all the other ones would be luckly to get at the point you guys are, myraid is on its way but when they start to go to the SA engine there back at ZERO!

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:27 AM

i wanted to say thanks for making this cool mod. and im sorry your website got hacked Y-Less, i hope you can figure things out wink.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:25 AM

Hey guys,

I was just thinking that Konstantinos should be added to the list of contributors in the first post thanks to all of his outstanding efforts in relation to testing and finding/reporting bugs, especially in recent times. Although I know that no-one on the team is really excited to learn that a new bug has surfaced, it definitely helps with the overall development of the mod, and moves it one step closer to being complete.

Also, Kon is a regular helper in this forum, providing solutions to those who have problems with their versions of LC, and for helping others with their general queries. Although he doesn't post a great deal, I believe in quality rather than quantity, and Kon has done some outstanding work since I have been a member here.

I'd appreciate some feedback on this - I really believe he is worthy of official recognition as a member of the "team". Keep in mind that he also completed the mod 100% - something that no-one else has done. cool.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:48 PM

Wow, thanks ben blush.gif This really means a lot to me. But I think I shouldn't be credited before you are. You've done as much for LC as a non-modder can. Just look at the facts - you've made almost five times as many post as I did smile.gif That may be because I have more work to do in RealLife, but more likely because I'm a lazy bastard smile.gif
I'm planning to make myself a bit more useful, though. Right now I'm working on a Czech language pack. I know there is already one by dintylinty, but... I mean, just look how good his English is:
VGF: why i should deleting VICEGXT.EXE from my package?

So no offence, but I can do better. Also, I have almost 1GB free web space, so if the team needs anything hosted, it's no problem. I'm sorry I cannot start testing v6 now, since my PC is screwed (I'm writing this on a notebook that won't run GTA) sad.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:56 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 26 November 2005 - 01:10 AM.

Thanks Kon, but you broke the rules! If you read the first post, it said "DO NOT BE MODEST!". Well, I will too, because I don't really think I've done anything too special - helped point a few people in the right direction to solve their problems, wrote the FAQ topic (with help from Y_Less), and re-organised the Unofficial Mods. I might have made more posts than you, but, like I said, quality not quantity.

As for how much time I have, well, I probably need to get my priorities sorted in RealLife. School should come first this upcoming year since it's my final year, and then I've got a mixture of sporting commitments. However, I'll always find time to post or at least read stuff in the LC forum.

Glad to see you'll be working on a language pack - at least more people will be able to enjoy the mod. Sorry to hear your PC died - hope you can get back on track with it and start playing LC again soon.

I know that hosting was once a problem - it wouldn't hurt to have another hoster around.

EDIT - Just thought of another thing. I've already been credited for my work in the forums in the form of my nice two shiny karma stars. I was only supposed to get one, but there was a mix-up and I ended up with two - that was before I did the FAQ and Unofficial Mods. I spose I'm on the way to earning that second one now. tounge.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:54 AM

lol ben, a long time ago i was thinking about asking if you could be admitted to the team! biggrin.gif
i guess i am not the only one who thinks you helped this mod in a big way! happy.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:53 AM

Ben defintely deserves to be on the list somewhere. I was waiting for something though... something that may still happen if the stars align themselves properly. ph34r.gif

Konstantinos deserves some reconginition too, even if it's just a mention in the second list of bug finders. He has helped us out a lot. I'm feeling a little lazy at the moment though so I don't want to edit the first post (I barely had enough left in me to make this post). But I will add these two guys (or Y_Less can) eventually.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:59 AM

Wow, thanks guys.

Craig, you're obivously verrrry tired when you wrote this - the stars aligning in a certain position? It's cloudy here so I can't see the stars! biggrin.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:07 AM

congratulations ben on making the list! colgate.gif
and good job getting recognition too kon.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:06 PM

Thanks, but the list hasn't been updated yet. So I'm technically not on it. Not to worry though - there's more important things to do than update the list.

But, whenever the list does get updated, don't forget to change Smithers to Luke. Choofy should also be added for his work on the 2dfixes.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:08 PM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 02 December 2005 - 02:50 AM.

choofy defenatly deserves a spot... if he finnishes his fixes wink.gif
smithers is luke? notify.gif i did not know that

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:51 AM

Choofy and Ben have been added to the team list. And Konstantinos and Thomas were added to the list of bug finders. If there's anything I've missed, let me know.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:03 PM

well i dont really think adding me to the bug finders is important. i only added like 10 or so bugs to the list and most of the bugs on that list are from other players who reported them. but thanks cool.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:16 AM

All of you deserve going on that list easilly, probably all of you do way more than me atm, but that is mainly to do with other commitments unfortunately.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:48 AM

Thanks Craig and Alex.

Sorry that you've been away (or at least not heaps active in terms of posting) Alex - I've missed having you round. RealLife's more important though - good to see you've got your priorities sorted wink.gif !

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Dec 5 2005, 05:48)
Thanks Craig and Alex.

Sorry that you've been away (or at least not heaps active in terms of posting) Alex - I've missed having you round. RealLife's more important though - good to see you've got your priorities sorted wink.gif !

Only one problem with that - I don't, lol.

I've been not posting alot because I've been working on another personal project. I'm at uni so should be concentrating on that but aren't, so my priorities aren't straight, it's just unfortunate LC has taken more of a back seat than it was in before, I used to atleast try check the forums every day, now I don't even go online that much except for references for my work (I even managed to do some actual uni work (that I should have done over the weekend, but meh) this morning in bed without being online at the same time, I'm usually logged on even if I'm not using it).

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:10 AM

Haha, silly me to assume you're organised. Obviously I give you more credit than you deserve biggrin.gif ! Nah, just kidding - hope your other project works out well for you.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:48 PM

Craig, do you still have contact with Dominion Spy or anyone else who can update the outro pic?

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Dec 11 2005, 17:48)
Craig, do you still have contact with Dominion Spy or anyone else who can update the outro pic?

If not, I'd give it a try, shouldn't be a problem. Just tell me what you want to have changed etc. smile.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:37 PM Edited by Y_Less, 11 December 2005 - 06:17 PM.

It could just do with an update, there are a few new team members who really deserve to go on there, just need their avatars sticking on (Kon, Ben, Choofy, CTM, not sure who else as I'm not sure how out of date it is).

If you could that would be great if Dom's not about (may still want to converse with Craig for a full list).

Infact I just looked and he isn't on the team list, don't know if he's on the outro but he did work so should be in the team list, updated.

Edit: just sent the latest outro.txd to Squiddy.
@ Squiddy: thanks.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:11 AM

your right Y-Less, only the people who deserve to be on there should be. i did not do anything significant. but ben and konstatinos did. wasnt CTM already on the list?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:53 AM

Yes he was. Thanks Y_Less.

I have just one question though - is karma only for the forums? Because if it is applicable for work outside (on a project such as LC), then I have a list of people who I think are long overdue for some shiny stars colgate.gif ! If not, then it doesn't matter.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:11 AM

GTA:LC is a hosted mod, it is part of the network, karma is part of the network too. It's given out generally for good work. Probably a few people in here deserve some for constant help, you got yours for this, Craig got loads of his for this too (mine were actually for general Mission Coding), but that proves LC counts. I didn't look, I wasn't sure (as I said) when the last update was from and thus who was on it.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:29 AM

well, if you think about it. this mod has come along way with little amount of people helping. Rockstar has thousends of employes who work 9 to 5 on games, and they push them out every 2 years. Yes i know its harder to make a game from scratch then it is to use the things provided to make something better. but LC is what, 2 years old?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users