» «
Photo

MEET THE TEAM

231 replies to this topic
GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:59 PM

Erm you obviously dont understand how the mod works, he did contribute to the mod in the past it was his decision to step down and has had no involvement in the mod for ages however he was still part of the team. Just because he was banned doesnt mean we should cross him off and say he never helped. If you would look through the list half of the people havent done any work for the past few months.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 11 January 2005 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Pierce Brosnan @ Jan 11 2005, 06:49)
QUOTE (Demarest @ Feb 7 2004, 02:34)
Demarest - Project Founder, Original Team Leader, coding, some graphics, some mapping, cars and weapons schedule, text

You might want to CROSS his name out now since he is banned and I suppose is no longer head owner of GTA:LC.

Hell no. I'm not going to erase the contributions that Demarest made to this team. Regardless of what happened elsewhere on these forums, nothing can change the fact that this mod would be DEAD WITH GTA:WO if it wasn't for Demarest. As long as I'm running things here, he'll be recongnized for what he did.

Pierce Brosnan
  • Pierce Brosnan

• Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jan 12 2005, 05:30)
Demarest - Project Founder, Original Team Leader, coding, some graphics, some mapping, cars and weapons schedule, text

You might want to CROSS his name out now since he is banned and I suppose is no longer head owner of GTA:LC.

Hell no. I'm not going to erase the contributions that Demarest made to this team. Regardless of what happened elsewhere on these forums, nothing can change the fact that this mod would be DEAD WITH GTA:WO if it wasn't for Demarest. As long as I'm running things here, he'll be recongnized for what he did.

Very sorry, it's a shame he's gone for the GTA:LC team, you guys made a great mod.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:49 PM

AdTec_224: Should be added for Pedestrian Conversion

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jan 11 2005, 18:30)

I think as long as almost anyone here is running it (if you continue to or step down) will leave him in. Whatever else he did, he was a great modder.

And I was about to post about AdTec_224!

DominionSpy
  • DominionSpy

Man with a plan!

• Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Mark Pagliaro @ Jan 12 2005, 13:49)
AdTec_224: Should be added for Pedestrian Conversion

Done.

Thesord is also on the page too.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 10 February 2005 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (VGF @ Jul 9 2004, 02:38)
I can see Main_salvadore in the list for the Russian translation. Guess Russian is more important that Spanish confused.gif

Want some bribery?

Craig sneaks in, and eats the cookies as a bribe. Then he goes on to update the team page.

Is that standard Spanish (using words every Spanish-speaker in the world would know fine) or the usual Spanish with words that are unknown for us Latin Americans...?? (example: the original GTA3 spanish.gxt file... man, that sucked ass, I guess it was translated using Altavista or something... whatsthat.gif )

Anyway, if there's any help needed with this file, I can handle it, I did it in GTA3 since I was so sick of that weird Spanish... angry.gif

Bebop
  • Bebop

GTA LC Peds Converter

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:10 AM

I can help with spanish translation too.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:54 PM Edited by Cerbera, 04 March 2005 - 08:55 PM.

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Mar 14 2004, 12:55)
QUOTE (Demarest @ Mar 9 2004, 13:58)
Thanks for your honesty. I hope at some point prior to our finishing you'll be able to mimic the GTA3 handling's for us. Until then, best of luck with whatever you're up to smile.gif
Just so the whole GTA:LC crew are up to speed, my Forced Absence #3 means that any work I was going to be able to do on this will be yet further delayed. If I ever get a free month though (yeah, that'll happen) I really do want to transfer the handling over. If you just through it over with the added parameters and re-built flags they'll work and be in the general ball-park, but the extra weight shifting and such of Vice will mean they will be out.

You might not notice it in normal gameplay so it might not be a problem after all? *puts on brave face*
Y-less told me today that CK thought that I was still supposed to be doing the handling. Unfortunately, this post I dug up from when I originally stated that I could not do the handling still stands. Sorry guys but I have way too much on my plate to do this for you. If you just port the values over and re-calculate the flags, then it should be alright. Only things which should need changing are the anti-dive multiplier, although the suspension would probably benefit from be re-calculated as well.

Another post I made saying that I could not do the handling. If I cannot work on a project which I have said I will or even might work on, I always make sure I make a public statement so that people do not end up in the lurch. It has only happened with GTA:LC and MI but I have done it on both occasions because I am aware (through painful experiences with Curveshire) how damaging it is when members of the team leave without saying anything.

My article entitled GTA3 & GTAVC Handling: Converting might be useful but more likely that whoever coverted the handling has already discovered those things.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 05 March 2005 - 04:07 AM

I knew (a little) about your situation with everything. I was just hopeful that you still might have been able to tweak our handling a little bit. And while I'd be overjoyed if you were to help us with the handling, things are okay as they are. So it's not a big deal. But just know that if you ever do get the free time and you want to help us out, the door's always open.

JLC
  • JLC

Monday Morning Lunatic

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:08 AM

handlig, not my stuff XD my friend does it, but, i'm more interested in if the crew could do a second version of cluade [i'm mean, a new style] like the one that appears in GTASA, with the jacket openned, could be with a little of long hair, like a rennegade claude tounge.gif it just an idea... greetings to all GTA LC crew!! rah.gif

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:25 AM

That would be an unofficial mod. The main goal of the LC project is to create an as-exact-as-possible replica of GTA3 on the VC engine.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Mar 5 2005, 04:07)
I knew (a little) about your situation with everything. I was just hopeful that you still might have been able to tweak our handling a little bit. And while I'd be overjoyed if you were to help us with the handling, things are okay as they are. So it's not a big deal. But just know that if you ever do get the free time and you want to help us out, the door's always open.
Thanks CK, I'll bear that in mind. smile.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:23 AM

I've re-done the front page as it hasn't been done for a while.

If anyone has contributed anything to the mod, can you please check the first post to see if your name is on there and if not, tell a mod or post here.

We want to credit everyone for what they have done, but it's very difficult to keep track of this many people, so if we have missed you off, don't be modest, you deserve credit for anything you do.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:41 AM

Hi, I'm the team member that created and is handling the improved collision's in shoreside vale, when the outro is redone again, add my avatar and this nickname to it.

=)

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:18 AM

Another note for Dominionspy (I think he still checks this) "Ryan_" needs adding as well.

[DMA]Blunted and Ryan_ officially added to the team list for their work with the building cols.

DominionSpy
  • DominionSpy

Man with a plan!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:50 PM Edited by DominionSpy, 08 April 2005 - 06:11 PM.

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Apr 8 2005, 09:18)
Another note for Dominionspy (I think he still checks this) "Ryan_" needs adding as well.

Yes I do check this, I'll add him asap.

Edit: Okay, you can download the latest outro.txd here.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:24 PM

Add collision updater since I updated the vehicle.col and future map cols. I will update vehicles.col again since I found one problem with it.

System_Shutdown
  • System_Shutdown

Yes I was the one who came second, now shh.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:57 PM

[color=<insert your favourite color>]Now this is all about contributing, so I think people should contribute to the Sigs and Avatars. Not many posts there! And yes, I am working on a new one as well...D. i like stuffing. Welcome to my mind.

VGF
  • VGF

Torrente en persona

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:12 PM Edited by VGF, 17 April 2005 - 06:14 PM.

QUOTE (PresidentKiller @ Feb 10 2005, 09:27)
QUOTE (VGF @ Jul 9 2004, 02:38)
I can see Main_salvadore in the list for the Russian translation. Guess Russian is more important that Spanish  confused.gif

Want some bribery? 

Craig sneaks in, and eats the cookies as a bribe. Then he goes on to update the team page.

Is that standard Spanish (using words every Spanish-speaker in the world would know fine) or the usual Spanish with words that are unknown for us Latin Americans...?? (example: the original GTA3 spanish.gxt file... man, that sucked ass, I guess it was translated using Altavista or something... whatsthat.gif )

Anyway, if there's any help needed with this file, I can handle it, I did it in GTA3 since I was so sick of that weird Spanish... angry.gif

You don't need to fix anything. I do agree with you about the sucker that was the original translation, so mine one (The one that is on the current Beta 2) was done from scratch. Please read it, and if there is anything that it's not 'Understandable', be free to contact me.

BTW; for the rest of all, hi there, long time no see, I'm planning on releasing an small update of the spanish file in bout a week. In the meantime, could you guys add my new Avatar to that background of when you exit the game? Thanks.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:56 PM

While we're talking about the outro page, Smithers2 should be changed to simply Smithers.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:46 AM Edited by PresidentKiller, 18 April 2005 - 06:55 AM.

QUOTE (VGF @ Apr 17 2005, 13:12)
You don't need to fix anything. I do agree with you about the sucker that was the original translation, so mine one (The one that is on the current Beta 2) was done from scratch. Please read it, and if there is anything that it's not 'Understandable', be free to contact me.

Ok, I'll take a look at it later. Thanks for the (late) reply. tounge.gif smile.gif

Btw, you just reminded me that I need to update my own GTA3 translation... notify.gif

System_Shutdown
  • System_Shutdown

Yes I was the one who came second, now shh.

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:00 PM

If only I could help... I have a crap PC though that just about makes my signatures for this game.Okay, it takes up 5% of processing power but the inbuilt graphics...can't even load up most stuff cos it says graphics error. Oh well Im a 11-yr old what do i expect?

PS. Any way I could help with anything not actual coding or running?Graphics (JPG,GIF) preferred jobs.Look into my eyes,damnit!

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Apr 17 2005, 19:56)
While we're talking about the outro page, Smithers2 should be changed to simply Smithers.

Thanks for asking for that Craig, been using this username for a while now, hadn't realised it still had the 2 on there.

Quite a big list of contributors, quite a big project, quite a long way. Thinking about it logically though, the project could get to a stage which could be classed as "finished" just before the release of San Andreas, and therefore it'd be an excellent chance to start a new project, if anyone were up for it. tounge.gif

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:54 PM

Smither's that's exactly why I decided to help out, get this and all the work that will transfer to a new SA project done, like documenting the SFX archieve's getting all the COL's in GTA3 up to SA standard's ;] oh btw I'm making good progress on IndustSW, as far as IndustSE please read the COL forum as I've ran into an issue with the cranetop's in portland that either need's to be solved or if it can't be solved then I can declare my COL work on IndustSE finished and send it to spaceeinstein for proper surfacing.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:17 AM

Squiddy has been added to the team page for his support in helping us change the arrow color. He needs to be added to the outro screen as well.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:41 PM

Welcome aboard Squiddy.

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:19 PM

Oh, thank you. I'm glad I could help you here a bit. smile.gif

Now I just have to get lc running and everything is fine. tounge.gif

CTM
  • CTM

A ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jun 3 2005, 06:17)
He needs to be added to the outro screen as well.

Not sure who's responsible for maintaining that, but:

http://iphq.net/gtal...ro_v4update.zip

Sorry if I've stolen someone else's job... whatsthat.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:25 AM

DominionSpy was doing it, but I don't think he'll mind. Is there a reason that you didn't add yourself though? You should be on there. Even though I haven't seen your installer yet, I'd be VERY surprised if I didn't use it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users