» «
Photo

MEET THE TEAM

231 replies to this topic
GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:23 PM

I would just like to say a big thanks to all of the team working on GTA3 LC mod, you have all done a great job.

A special thanks goe's out to Demarest and Killer.ip for helping me with trying to get things sorted out today.

I installed a new VC again for this so I had all the correct updates, thanks to Killer.ip with that, and I played with the original GTA:WO release, you can see how far the mod has come from there, its amazing everyone has done a great job even people that just give people a push and hope. I hope that I myself do this, it all helps the people involved.

So I am going to instrall the patches/mods/updates now, whilst seeing how far this mod has gone from the original work of Pine-Creek Skidz, who also has done a great job.

Well done to all, at the moment this mod seems to be going at full force. I know you won't let that down.

Thanks to you guys again.

GT-1

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 08 March 2004 - 04:49 PM

I'm officially freezing myself for this project because I just can't secure enough time to do the things I said I might. I havn't even managed to get around to installing it, although I have most parts downloaded.

I've left it in the projects list on my site so that I won't forget about it, just that I won't be working on it for a while. dontgetit.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2004 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for your honesty. I hope at some point prior to our finishing you'll be able to mimic the GTA3 handling's for us. Until then, best of luck with whatever you're up to smile.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 14 March 2004 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Mar 9 2004, 13:58)
Thanks for your honesty. I hope at some point prior to our finishing you'll be able to mimic the GTA3 handling's for us. Until then, best of luck with whatever you're up to smile.gif

Just so the whole GTA:LC crew are up to speed, my Forced Absence #3 means that any work I was going to be able to do on this will be yet further delayed. If I ever get a free month though (yeah, that'll happen) I really do want to transfer the handling over. If you just through it over with the added parameters and re-built flags they'll work and be in the general ball-park, but the extra weight shifting and such of Vice will mean they will be out.

You might not notice it in normal gameplay so it might not be a problem after all? *puts on brave face*

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 14 March 2004 - 03:38 PM

just something not about GTA:LC but GTA:WO, the team got ride of redspike. New leader is switch, and they paln to change the name and so, they talked to me to do a connection between GTA: (new name) and GTA:LC, I told them that I don't think it will work and that I need to talk to Demarest about that (I'm almost sure he will say no).

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2004 - 03:52 PM

What they're asking is if we'll help them. Our work is all publicized, so technically they're capable of ripping whatever they try to. At the same time, any of their members can make contributions to our project and be properly credited, like madbitch. So there's no need for formal ties of any kind.

On a humorous side note, their "head coder" just got done asking about some very basic stuff in the coding forum lol.gif No wonder they want to piggy back our work!

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 14 March 2004 - 05:06 PM

Hey can I be in the list of contributors? I helped some stuff like the zones and the glitches...

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2004 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, I just added you. Didn't realize you weren't there or else I would've.

kipo
  • kipo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:49 PM Edited by kipo, 14 March 2004 - 07:03 PM.

are they aiming now for a port of Liberty city to the Vice city engine instead of having the 2 cities together? If so, they should come here and contribute since that's what we are doing.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 14 March 2004 - 07:34 PM

It'd be interesting to see just what they could contribute that would be of value, especially considering the frenzy of activity over here the last three months.

I saw that post over in the coding forum btw, HELP PLEASE!... aw bless. sigh.gif

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 21 March 2004 - 07:47 PM

Ive been talkin to the WO leader, or whatever its called now confused.gif dozingoff.gif

Thats the one... Tropical Islands dontgetit.gif

as far as I know, they are still planning on both cities in the game world, which I am well and truly convinced is impossible, but obviously they dont think the same. He does seem to wanna join forces, but Im still worried that they have targets that are quite different to ours.

Ill see what they have to offer at... GTA:TI i suppose.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 March 2004 - 09:13 PM

I never knew that GTA:LC team here and GTA:TI were even thinking of joinging up, or am I reading this wrong? I thought they knew it was impossible to get both islands into the game, ould they both fit within the boundaries anyway? bored.gif

Keep up the good work team you are all doing a great job! smile.gif

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 21 March 2004 - 09:53 PM

I dunno. I had a little talk, it went nowhere, its not happenin. He doesnt have anything to offer us, so to be honest it would be more hastle just makin the changes to account for them.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:29 PM

I think it would be the best option not to join them if they dont have anything to offer this mod. This mod is a gtaforums.com mod anyway is'nt it. The community mod here. smile.gif

Btw where is killer.ip I have'nt seen him online for a bit, I probably missed him though.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 22 March 2004 - 12:24 AM Edited by killer.ip, 22 March 2004 - 01:43 AM.

Hehe, I'm still kicking around... just been burning some serious midnight oil polishing these here files, I'm gonna be one happy bunny when they make their way into the release. colgate.gif

There's not a hope in heaven or hell of WO getting both sets of islands in the game at the same time, but here's an idea... wait for our first release to play LC the way it was meant to be, then when they're done shut it down and fire up VC, presto both games on the same machine and who said it wasn't possible... sarcasm.gif

Anyways, I think it's cute the way they look up to us. biggrin.gif

/slaps his forehead.

Totally forgot to say, it's Mark's Birthday today, or at least in many parts of the world it still is!

Happy Birthday man, I'll make sure For the love of Liberty City..... is engraved on your epitaph when you go. Thanks for the help over the last week btw, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have had any oil to burn in the first place. tounge2.gif

kipo
  • kipo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 March 2004 - 03:32 AM

the new name for their mod should be "Dracoblue's GTA WO" (or TI), afterall, he's the only one working on the 2 main and only goals of that mod: the city loader, and the multiplayer.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2004 - 12:13 PM

1 Happy Birthday, Mark. I know it's late, but I haven't had access to the forums until now confused.gif

2 The VC engine could never support both cities simultaneously. I believe their intentions was to make travel to both cities via file hot-swapping, an EXE wrapper, or other modifications in place. Doing so almost INSISTS that massive EXE hacking takes place. Not only is this heavily against R*'s guidelines, but consider this: look at how the GTA:LC files look compared to what our files look like. WO would HAVE to use our work to even have a shot at having Liberty City in their game.

3 Regardless of what they call themselves, they are, and always will be WO to those who matter and remember. Calling themselves by a new name is just additional proof to how they've always used their audience's ignorance to their advantage. Plus it admits that WO is a bad word BECAUSE of how they've done that. Besides, calling themselves WO is the best thing they could do. Think about it: There are many people that still miscredit the GTA:LC files as being WO's instead of Skidz's and there are those that credit our work to WO. That is all far more work than they have ever done. They should still call themselves WO to at least get SOME credit. Not to mention their website has WO in it.

4 For the last time, GTA:LC will not "merge" with ANYBODY. It's nothing against WO or anybody personally and it is not arrogance. Think of what we stand for: This is a PUBLIC mod. Therefore anybody who is willing and able to contribute can and will be included as a contributor on the team page. Also, our work is released publically so even without our permission, somebody COULD use our work in theirs. So how COULD we merge?? We're not rigorously defined; killer.ip and myself are moderators of this forum and Knux is co-leader. Apart from that, we are free-floating and those who are dedicated to LC on any level will recognize who's who and whos have been the big players along the way. Look what happened when Blunted1 thought of it not as a public gathering, but rather a uniting of "his team": disasterous.

@Blunted1: This is not an invite to post here, so don't even think about it.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 24 March 2004 - 12:49 PM

Nicely put Dem, I think this is the best idea, staying by yourself.

Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to the official BETA. smile.gif

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 06:48 PM

Thanks Demarest! Late is better than never. (I do not want any more happy b-days from anyone else as it would tend to crowd the thread). The sad thing to me was I realized I was older than Steve.M (ST.MU) I can not believe his contribution to these forums.

Dem's views are exactly what would have been mine if I bothered posting. Only I would have shoved the little qoute from opius (see my sig) in the paragraph as it was relatively funny.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:02 PM

Hmm, today isn't just any old day, it's the 30th of March. Now what could possibly be special about the 30th of March. Weeell.... colgate.gif

user posted image

Happy Birthday Dem!

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (killer.ip @ Mar 30 2004, 20:02)
Hmm, today isn't just any old day, it's the 30th of March. Now what could possibly be special about the 30th of March. Weeell.... colgate.gif

user posted image

Happy Birthday Dem!

Someones getting older, tounge2.gif anyway beat ya to it I posted this bout a few hrs ago in the mission coding.
tounge2.gif @ killer.ip.

Happey birthday again Demarest.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:50 PM Edited by CraigKostelecky, 30 March 2004 - 09:53 PM.

Wow! I can't believe I almost missed Captain Keyes's birthday. Thanks for the reminder Killer.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:20 PM

biggrin.gif

There's always one. wink.gif

Hehe, I got a serious shock with that earlier today, up until now trying to find out Dem's real age was the stuff of folklore. With only another 364 days left till his next I'm going to have to start working overtime if I want to afford that [CENSORED] I know he was after. tounge2.gif

Props to Captin Keyes too. rah.gif

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:20 PM

Killer.ip maybe you should create a happy birthday thread lol.
Anyways Demarest I am returning the favor happy-belatted-birthday!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2004 - 01:08 PM

You guys crack me up! Thanks!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2004 - 04:06 PM

I just wanted to take this opportunity to honor a few of our team members. Each of these individuals have finally been recognized for their efforts both here and in the modding forums in general.

killer.ip - I hardly need to type anything here! Without a doubt, this guy is the backbone of this project. Very professional, organized, helpful, and he probably puts in on it more than all of us, and yet he's still down to earth. I suspect it won't be long until +2 arrives smile.gif

Hammer83 - Out of nowhere, this guy emerges to not only invigorate the mod itself, but also to tackle aspects we weren't touching before. To make it better, he's succeeding and with a fervor that is simply awesome. @Hammer: I'm doing everything I can to get you as much breathing room with the EXE as possible. Please be patient with me wink.gif

wnuczek - This guy posts with such eloquence that it's a surprise he wasn't noticed sooner. His attention to detail makes him as potent as they come. He has a firm grasp of many aspects of modding GTA and doesn't waste your time with all the text fluff that I can't seem to do without lol.gif Clear, concise, helpful, you name. His presence can be enjoyed throughout the boards.

Good work to all of you. And not just the guys I just mentioned, but all of you. This team is full of talented people who are really making some names for themselves. Keep it up!

GTA Firefighter
  • GTA Firefighter

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:27 PM

Great Job Guys! You guys have made a wonderful mod, and I'm just in awe of what you all do! colgate.gif rahkstar2.gif rah.gif lol.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 07 May 2004 - 02:43 PM Edited by GT-1, 16 May 2004 - 06:40 PM.

Just reading this and yeas killer.ip deserves the 2 karma stars and hammer has earnt his one for getting this mission coding done for the release.

Which reminds me, erm killer.ip said soething to me a while back which means I can now call him by another name in a few days RS. tounge2.gif

Keep up the great work team good to see the official installer finally with us, and all the team praised with karma. smile.gif

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:35 AM

Hey Dem, can you please add that I also had released some very buggy ped-car paths a while back.

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:52 PM

dem, this may sound tacky and it may not be a real reason to do so

but i did contribute 6hrs of my life making an official video trailer for this great mod, so could you add me to the bottom of the list or something?

lol, dont mean to sound like someone despereate but i just feel its right if you get me..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users