Photo

READ THIS BEFORE CONTINUING

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 03:22 PM Edited by Demarest, 06 February 2004 - 04:17 PM.

user posted image
Welcome to the home of GTA:LC. This is the introductory topic to help you get the most out of this project.

- Thanks to gtaforums.com, Tank, and illspirit for their support and effort in giving this project the room it needs to effectively grow and develop.

- GTA:LC is not a project for developing free-standing mods. Our primary goal is to fully convert GTA III into VC's engine. The finished product will be as close a replica to the original GTA III as possible. All OFFICIAL work will be aimed towards that goal. If you have mods, ideas, suggestions, or requests for things that are not in GTA III, you are welcome to post them in the UNOFFICIAL MODS thread.

- This is a public project. While those involved do have a family feeling, anybody is free to contribute in any way they feel they can and those who have contributed can walk away at any time. PineCreek-Skidz pioneered the GTA:LC files with help from Run down that guy!! I have lead the effort for this particular application of the GTA:LC files with help from Knux, but it is still a public project. Most every aspect of the mod's development is public fueled. And now killer.ip is also a co-leader as well as the other moderator for this forum.

- We are in NO WAY affiliated or associated with GTA:WO. PineCreek-Skidz pioneered the GTA:LC files with help from Run down that guy!! The files were then exclusively released to GTA:WO and LC2004. LC2004 was very active, but had the goal of a totally different mod. It is now officially dead. GTA:WO has big dreams of LC and VC in one game, multiplayer support, etc. Their leader Redspike has made many empty promises to the public over the months and in fact their team has done little with the files in their time with them. They were the first to actually release the GTA:LC files to the public, whereby the GTA:LC effort was formed. So WO has made NO efforts in our favor and we do not work for them. Our work is public, so they as well as anybody else are free to benefit from our progress. We hope that this openness will actually encourage others to get involved as it already has.

- Although it may be confusing to use the exact same name for the team as the original files came to be known by, there is a reason for it. I originally came up with the idea to call the conversion effort GTA:LC as the name itself is the perfect blend of GTA III and GTA:VC. Since this project is focused on exactly that, I've decided to keep that name.

- For the longest time, this project was restricted to a single thread. This made the project, its info, and its downloads very disorienting for newcomers and alumni alike. Having our own forum will make progress for both that much easier. As a result, we would like to keep this forum as clean as possible. So if you would like to post, please take a moment to make sure you do so in the right place. This will help us all to work together that much more concisely. We are all a friendly bunch, we will take strong efforts to keep our forum clean. So please help us by observing the following rules:
  • Only post info/questions in this forum that is specific to this project.
  • Search existing threads/posts before creating a new topic.
  • Post in the thread that best suits your concern/question/information.
  • Do not double post. Use the edit button.
  • Be kind to one another. Abuse towards visitors/contributors here will not be tolerated.
  • Before reporting a bug, make sure you are using the most current files.
  • Before reporting a bug, make sure it hasn't already bee reported.
  • Before reporting a bug, make sure you have manually rebuilt gta3.img
  • When creating a new topic, make your topic title and description as informative as possible.
- Again, this is a public effort. This is OUR mod. If you have ANYTHING to contribute, even if it's just advice, we want to hear it. If you find anything lacking at all, point it out. Communication has been our most useful ally and will continue to be.

- This entire project is a WIP (work in progress). Therefore incompleteness is to be considered the norm. Because every aspect of this mod is constantly evolving, the pace is fast. We will make our best efforts to keep all data as current as possible. So be sure to visit the first post in each thread and check it's edit date and time to see how current it is compared to the most recent post of progress.

- For those that are used to tracking just our thread and not forums worth of info, here's a trick to help keep you current. When you visit the forum, any thread that has posts you have not read will have an envelope icon next to it that appears lit up.

TO THE CONTRIBUTORS OF THIS MOD

- Be kind to one another. There are going to be disagreements and conflicts of opinion. By our greatest asset is manpower and we can't afford to lose anybody over a difference of opinion. So try to work together and in an honorable manner.

- Since this mod is public, it is up to each of you to take charge of whatever you're doing and do what it takes to make it the official release we're all working towards.

- Some aspects of the mod have several people working on the same thing. Even once an official release version of something has been decided upon, it will still be open for discussion. We want the mod to be as good as possible and settling for anything less than the best should not be an option for any of us. So do not hesitate to challenge the usefullness/efficiency of an official version and don't take offense to those that challenge them.

Dark Intentions
  • Dark Intentions

Oh, diddims

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:51 AM Edited by Dark Intentions, 10 February 2004 - 09:55 AM.

This looks leet. I haven't been following this or anything (I don't even have VC confused.gif ) But, when I do, for later pursual, where do I download this, and how big is the file? I imagine it must be huge, as big, or nearly as big, as downloading GTA3. confused.gif

How does this work?

Nevermind, I have been informed by ModellingMan

madguy
  • madguy

GTA:LC Bug Finder..

• Members

Posted 07 March 2004 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Dark Intentions @ Feb 10 2004, 09:51)
This looks leet. I haven't been following this or anything (I don't even have VC confused.gif ) But, when I do, for later pursual, where do I download this, and how big is the file? I imagine it must be huge, as big, or nearly as big, as downloading GTA3. confused.gif

How does this work?

Nevermind, I have been informed by ModellingMan

Then you can inform me...

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2004 - 03:26 PM

Not if he's BUSTED!

If I understand the question correctly, here's what happens. You install VC. Then you install the many parts and updates of GTA:LC. Then you have Liberty City in VC's engine. It's far from complete though, so you won't be able to play the missions for example. But it is fun riding bikes around in LC among other things.

madguy
  • madguy

GTA:LC Bug Finder..

• Members

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:12 PM

I understand the unofficial installer install all the updates that are out ?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:21 PM

At that time. I myself haven't tried it. GT-1 did and had issues. He has since resolved them. Most of that process took place in the unofficial mods thread. Feel free to pop in there if you have any issues with it.

MOBMAN
  • MOBMAN

Silent Killer

• Members

Posted 22 March 2004 - 07:11 PM

Wow this is a great idea!GTA 3's my favirote game,but with bikes my copy of Vice would get cobb-webs!Alas,this is wet dreams,my PC can't run GTa 3 or Vice(I have the PS2 version).Even still,great Idea!

ChunkyLee2
  • ChunkyLee2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:59 PM

so how much of the "official" liberty conversion is done?

>have you converted all characters and pedestrians?
>have you put the sounds from GTAIII into LC?
>have you put in all the cars from GTAIII into LC?
>have you put all the hidden packages, bribes, health armour and rampages rampage_ani.gif in place?
>have you recreated all the GTAIII missions in LC?
>have you put roofs on the buildings so you dont get trapped like when you could only fly the dodo?
>have you solidified the stadium floor?
>have you got the trains to work properly?
>have you made that fat black male wit headphones Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif so that you can hear his tunes tingling
>have you decided to make the ghost city solid?
>how far do you think you are progressing as far as the "official conversion" is concerned

*plz dont screw at me for not reading previous posts< this is my first ever post here*

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 13 April 2004 - 03:33 AM

have you converted all characters and pedestrians?

This process has just begun. I'd say we're 5-15% done with the peds.

have you put the sounds from GTAIII into LC?

Just the radio stations and the police radio. No other sounds have been copied, yet.

have you put in all the cars from GTAIII into LC?

Yes. There are a couple of little bugs, but all of the cars are in LC with the Vice City reflections.

have you put all the hidden packages, bribes, health armour and rampages rampage_ani.gif   in place?

Yes, this is done as well (except the rampage_ani.gif )

have you recreated all the GTAIII missions in LC?

Not yet. That's probably the last thing we'll see. And we may not be able to get the cutscenes working at all.

have you put roofs on the buildings so you dont get trapped like when you could only fly the dodo?

Some of them have been solidified, but not all of them. There's still many buildings you can go inside of. But it's a lot easier to escape with a helicopter.

have you solidified the stadium floor?

This has been done (I think).

have you got the trains to work properly?

Nope. This one may be difficult to do. We're still not quite sure how to handle this.

have you made that fat black male wit headphones  Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif   so that you can hear his tunes tingling

Huh?

have you decided to make the ghost city solid?

No decisions have been made on the ghost town as of now.

how far do you think you are progressing as far as the "official conversion" is concerned

We're very close to releasing our first beta. That means that you'll be able to download one file and drive around Liberty City with very few bugs within a few weeks. As far as when the entire project will be completed? I couldn't even guess. It could be many moons before you can throw your copy of GTAIII away for good. But we're moving along pretty well.

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 13 April 2004 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (CraigKostelecky @ Apr 12 2004, 22:33)
have you made that fat black male wit headphones  Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif   so that you can hear his tunes tingling

Huh?

He's talking about a ped in GTA3 that is listening to music and when you get close, you can hear it.

and to answer, no since the peds aren't converted yet and 2, we didn't even thought about that , thanks to reminds us colgate.gif

ChunkyLee2
  • ChunkyLee2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:48 AM

thanQ for explaining Knux biggrin.gif

for the bits you will really find hard like the cutscenes and the trains, why not email rahkstar2.gif and ask them for help?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2004 - 02:43 PM

Just wanted to add for the 37th time that the goal here is a GTA3 port. So the stadium and ghost town solidity shouldn't even be a concern. And while I'm not going to "screw at you" for asking, ALL of our progress is a matter of public record right here. Thanks to Craig for taking the time to give a proper reply smile.gif

MOBMAN
  • MOBMAN

Silent Killer

• Members

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:07 PM

I have a few Q's.

Will the static helocopters be made into the kind in Vice?

Will some of the weapons from Vice "return" in LC.

Will we be able to enter some buildings,like Maria's apartment?

Are the bikes ported from Vice or are they "modern-ized"

Any screens of Fido on a bike?

Does fido use the same animations a Tommy?

Will GTA:LC have VC water or LC water?

Will peds drive boats like Vice?

Are you adding in your own Idea's that weren't in Vice or GTA 3.

I'm confused when you say port it seems like you want it to be just like GTA III,so what would be the point of LC?Why not put the few things that Vice did better in there.

GTA 3 for life tounge.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (MOBMAN @ Apr 13 2004, 15:07)
Will the static helocopters be made into the kind in Vice?
Two of them have been in enhanced mode; the one on Kenji's roof and the one at the helipad at the airport.

Will some of the weapons from Vice "return" in LC.
Will we be able to enter some buildings,like Maria's apartment?
Will peds drive boats like Vice?
Are you adding in your own Idea's that weren't in Vice or GTA 3.
This is a port of GTA3.

Are the bikes ported from Vice or are they "modern-ized"
The bikes are already in VC, so no porting required. And since they look quite modern, might as well keep them.

Any screens of Fido on a bike?
suicidal.gif It's at the top of the same page you posted this on!!

Does fido use the same animations a Tommy?
Yes.

Will GTA:LC have VC water or LC water?
Its translucent if that's what you mean. There has been talk on a couple occassions on how to make this more GTA3-like, so it probably will be by time we're finished.

I'm confused when you say port it seems like you want it to be just like GTA III,so what would be the point of LC?Why not put the few things that Vice did better in there.
This is the modding community. People who want ANYTHING in their game, put it in. The other teams that had their hands on the GTA:LC files wanted to impliment all sorts of things. What we're doing will provide a pure GTA3 foundation that anybody can use as a foundation for such mods. But if we release something that's already severely modded, you wouldn't have that option.

Just wanted to point out that all of the above has already been stated, half of it right here confused.gif

MOBMAN
  • MOBMAN

Silent Killer

• Members

Posted 14 April 2004 - 02:07 AM

Sorry,I have dail-up and the last times I posted,the pic never loaded up.Thanx for answering my questions.I guess it will have non-GTA3 weapons since fido has a crowbar in the screen. Which I like.

Do you have a page with a bunch of screens?Compliments btw,it looks great.I hope to get a new mother board soon so I can upgrade and play this!

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 April 2004 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (MOBMAN @ Apr 14 2004, 02:07)
I guess it will have non-GTA3 weapons since fido has a crowbar in the screen.

There wil be the GTA3 weapons in I believe I already have the hud's in my game so the GTA3 weapons will be used for this. Its just work in progress all the time so the screenshots you do see around here will probably not be the final versions of the subject matter.

QUOTE (MOBMAN Posted on Apr 14 2004 @ 02:07 )
Do you have a page with a bunch of screens?

No imo this would not be a very good idea at the moment because things are always changing getting upgraded, unless there was a gallery with the changes from the original WO releese up to now. That would be quite fun to look through. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Demarest Posted on Apr 13 2004 @ 20:17 )
This is the modding community. People who want ANYTHING in their game, put it in. The other teams that had their hands on the GTA:LC files wanted to impliment all sorts of things. What we're doing will provide a pure GTA3 foundation that anybody can use as a foundation for such mods. But if we release something that's already severely modded, you wouldn't have that option.

Thats what I have been looking for thanks Demarest, alot of people dont understand why the team are doing this.

ChunkyLee2
  • ChunkyLee2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2004 - 01:52 PM

Have you noticed that the animations of vice will not go well in GTA LC because when Tommy fell from a gr8 height he rolled over and got back up, while in GTA3 Fido just went splat on the floor.
Are you going to make Fido in LC splat on the floor?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2004 - 02:02 PM

If that were possible, I'd say yes. To date, there are no completed (public) animation editors for the game.

ChunkyLee2
  • ChunkyLee2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2004 - 11:06 PM

well thank you very much for answering my questions, and i'd like u to know im looking forward to the official release, maybe i really could throw away my copy of GTA3.

Do you think you are going to work on any unofficial mods after you're done?

And if I install LC is there a way I can play VC without having to uninstall?

Thanks.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 April 2004 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (ChunkyLee2 @ Apr 14 2004, 23:06)
And if I install LC is there a way I can play VC without having to uninstall?

Just copy the whole of GTA to a new directory after a clean install and then just mod this one with GTA LC, easy enough I have around 4 versions installed.

MOBMAN
  • MOBMAN

Silent Killer

• Members

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:11 AM

What I ment was will there be weapons from Vice but the ones from GTA 3 too.Unless you guys feel that that wouldn't be "GTA 3".. smile.gif .I hope you guys can get the cutscenes working.

ChunkyLee2
  • ChunkyLee2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2004 - 12:28 PM

they are gonna have the GTA3 weapons and the vice weapons are available only by cheats, thers a forum about that they say what weapons they replace & stuff.

ghost town solidity shouldn't even be a concern

it will be if you want to make a simple 'cutscene' with simple animations & characters, otherwise they will fall through the floor, i know this is the wrong forum for cutscenes, but the quote was in here so i just thought i'd point that out...

MrBump
  • MrBump

MTA Developer.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:31 PM

I must say its great to see so much progress being made. I had always been attracted to the whole idea as my preferences lean towards gta3 and liberty, yet in real life I am a motorcyclist. So the main advantage for me personally is being able to fall off a lot around mafia hill and other areas smile.gif

I was a little dissapointed with gta:wo's lack of visible progress to say the least. It's great to see the basic 'Liberty into Vice' idea taken so far so quickly by obviously enthusiastic people. (I say basic as I know gta:wo and gta:lc have different aims).

I've not found an area that I can contribute to so far but I keep an interested eye on this section and will continue to do so.

n.b. I couldnt find a 'praise the project' section or thread so I hope I am not too far out of line posting this here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users