Photo

Hit the Courier...

20 replies to this topic
Jezboy
  • Jezboy

...is gone.

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:01 PM

If you don't know what I'm gonna ask then you need sorting out; like me when it comes to this mission for the Printworks (the 2nd mission). How do you complete it? whatsthat.gif

Cartoon Corpse
  • Cartoon Corpse

Cartoon Corp

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2004 - 06:39 PM

i got help here for that one too! i was told (and it worked) to block exits with van/truck ( i blocked both entrance/exits) then wait on chopper, when they come in get their cars they attempt to leave, but can't get past your blocker. you shoot the car with the plates (pink arrow) till it 'black' smokes (don't blow it up)...(of course they're out of the cars and shooting at you at this point, so get cover. they will eventualy blow up your van it will blow up their car (not all 3 of them though). go grab plates and run to another car (parking lot b4 yu get to your dock property on way out (i grabbed truck)...if you don't wack them all at the blocked area, some will chase you, so get a big truck (they'll be ramming you and sh*t). anyway that worked.

i did a few headon tries. thought i was fighting a chick gang.

anyway, i didn't figure that one out on my own, but the one b4 (1st printer mission where you have to go to the ship) i came up with landing a sparrow on top and walking down, then flying out...so it evened out creatively you see.

DCR
  • DCR

The Great Dane

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:33 PM

For "Hit the Courier" I always take my helicopter and land on the roof of the warehouse across the street from the docks. Then, while waiting on the courier to arrive, I take out as many of the gaurds as possible with my sniper rifle. After the courier arrives, as soon as the cars start pulling out, I fire a volley of rockets at the cars and take 'em all out. Get the plates, lose the cops, done!

SBizz6
  • SBizz6

old school

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:00 PM

I went to the Police station, and got the police uniform. Than I went back to the other island and stole the apache from the Army base. After that, I landed at Printworks and started the mission. Than I just flew around the city blowing up all the people that I needed to.
It's a quick and easy way to beat the mission.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (DCR @ Feb 2 2004, 14:33)
For "Hit the Courier" I always take my helicopter and land on the roof of the warehouse across the street from the docks. Then, while waiting on the courier to arrive, I take out as many of the gaurds as possible with my sniper rifle. After the courier arrives, as soon as the cars start pulling out, I fire a volley of rockets at the cars and take 'em all out. Get the plates, lose the cops, done!

Me too except that last part. If you get too violent, you'll vaporize the plates. I usually either snipe her out of the car, or pop her tires, bang her around until I can pull her out. Here's a pic of the rooftop DCR and I use
user posted image

DCR
  • DCR

The Great Dane

• Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 01:28 PM

Gosh, I've used both tactic several times... vaporize the plates?!?! notify.gif For me the plates where always sitting there on the ground - the little briefcase with a red "halo" (instead of the usual pink used on rampages, etc.) I'm about to do this mission so I'll try destroying them and edit my post if it happens. smile.gif Thanks for the pics Demmy!

Cartoon Corpse
  • Cartoon Corpse

Cartoon Corp

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 03:07 PM

every time i tried a frontal assault (i never sniped) i vaporized the plates..wacking the heli, wacking the cars after heli b4 they leave, chase the cars and wack them...im not sure if i tried blow up the cars b4 heli get's there, but it sounds like something i would have tried. course i wasn't using sniper position so i probably got wacked myself in the gun battle with all the pedestrians afterward (whom i thought was a female gang at the time! lol). anyway the sniper thing sounds good, i'll make note of that.

bomber007
  • bomber007

The Guardians

• Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:01 PM

I also used the frontal assault for the mission.Killed as many guards as I can till the plates arrive and then killed the lady with the plates by M16.Then drived away on the Sentinel parked there.

Jezboy
  • Jezboy

...is gone.

• Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:29 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice. I only go on VC on weekends inlove.gif so i will definitly do all the stuff u sed. But where does that woman with a shotgun come from? I wanna kill her for sure a long with all those other beehartches. I wanna do the blocking stuff and just go in there so which weapon would you advice me to use coz I aint too good with a M16.

die.gif

Cartoon Corpse
  • Cartoon Corpse

Cartoon Corp

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:33 PM

well i like the mini (gattling gun) (collect ALOT of ammo first if possible)...but you can't run with it, so practice switching between it and your fave weapon for maneuvering and shooting (success on other missions) (number keys up top, mouse wheel) so you can maneuver.

remember with the blocking thing to get full health armor (plus there is spare armor on doorstep of (bank?) across from that first ship just past the gate (on the outgoing side of divided road). there's also health icon just under the gangway of that ship. (there's a machine gun in that parking lot across from the ship too.) Go 'case' the job first, plan out your approach and escape. if you use demarest's pics above you can see both acesses i blocked (not sure if they would use the other if i blocked just the one.

don't go in to the 'lot' (you blocked) till your van and their cars blow. then i'd use the mini to clear folks/remaining cars (if any) out (switch to like uzi something you can run with, but still shoot, i used the python i think...not too accurate with the uzi type guns i find) run around your blown up van, grab plates, and run out. anyway, when you run in your 'purpose' is to grab the plates and run, not to duke it out with those chicks (they are not for you). (just hit the boobie bar (pole position afterwards) to celebrate, they're nicer.

9 Ball
  • 9 Ball

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2004 - 09:41 PM

My strategy (even knowing that I havent finished this level) is:

1. Get fast, built up car. A Gang Burrito is good enough for this
2. Start the mission
3. From the Counterfeiting Ship, go about a few metres past the Obvious Entrance to the lot
and get out.
4. If you are not to far away but close enough, the chicks will be running at the fence, not firing.
5. Blast them with anything (prefered is the mini, molotov, grenade, or rocket launcher)
6. Get back in car either when they come out or when all chicks are dead.
7. Chase them and do drive bys until car has black smoke.
8. They will get out and shoot at you drive about 100 metres up road.
9A. Get out and sniper them if car isnt in good shape.
9B. Run them over.
10. Take plates and then get in a car and drive up the road to a spray and pay on the highway like road.
11. Take back to Printing works.

Is this all good?

RunningMan
  • RunningMan

President for life of Donco Enterprises.

• Members

Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:10 AM Edited by Donco Ent.2, 29 February 2004 - 03:12 AM.

My way was pretty simple. I just waited until the sentinel with the courier came out, and then, while in a fast yet durable car, I drove up to her car and just kept drive-bying her until her car caught on fire. Once she got out, I killed her ( I can't remember how I did it). That way was easier because I just ignored her gaurds and went straight for her. After she was dead and I had the plates, I went to one of the Pay and Sprays. colgate.gif

MartyVice30
  • MartyVice30

Made Man

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:54 AM

For hit the courier I just killed everyone that shoots at you but stand at a distance so the courier doesn't arrive yet then when you killed everyone go closer then when the courier makes a run for it get in a fast vehicle and chase her hitting her ocasionaly then when you get to Havana she should get out then just run her over and get the plates. cool.gif

dfsf5263
  • dfsf5263

Silent as a whisper

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:05 AM Edited by dfsf5263, 02 March 2004 - 03:05 AM.

I used a sniper rifle to pick off the main guards...then I would hope on to my PCJ (which I had beforehand) and chased them shooting at them from a good distance until they smoked and got out....then it's just the simple matter of knocking them all off with your preferred gun or blowing up the car while they are standing next to it die.gif

Recluse
  • Recluse

Ask me if I care...

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:32 PM

I pretty much do what Donco does.

Get something fast (if you're good at maneuvering and staying on the bike, the PCJ is perfect), position yourself outside the gate to the boathouse, wait for the heli to land, snipe a guard or two, hop on the bike, wait for the courier to make a run for it in the car then get behind it and shoot it (PCJ advantage) until it starts to burn, then when they hop out of the car gun them all down and take the plates.

Fatal1ty
  • Fatal1ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (SBizz6 @ Feb 2 2004, 22:00)
I went to the Police station, and got the police uniform. Than I went back to the other island and stole the apache from the Army base. After that, I landed at Printworks and started the mission. Than I just flew around the city blowing up all the people that I needed to.
It's a quick and easy way to beat the mission.

Lol, i did it the same exact way.. turn.gif

coconut
  • coconut

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 March 2004 - 01:45 AM

I tried this mission a few times yesterday but couldn't pass it. Then today I started the game and was going to do a trial run on this mission and stupidly enough I completed without any police star! I took the helicopter to the roof to snipe out the guards. The courier took off so I flew along with her but this was going nowhere so I jacked a cheapo car and rammed to her car a few times. She got out of her car and ran (she was all by herself) so I just ran over her and pick up the plate. Done. No police chase, no bullets hit.

Beeblebrox
  • Beeblebrox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:53 AM

I did this yesterday, after 3 failed trials...
I tried the helicopter strategy from a guide, but I couldn't find the right roof, so screw that...
I also tried to blast the courier's car when she came out but the plates were lost in the explosion...
I managed to do it by waiting outside the docks, then when the cars came out, I used the minigun to get rid of the cars with the guarding chicks and then I tried to shoot the courier's car with an M16 but missed, so I chased her and did drive-bys until she luckily got stuck in some corner (have those AI players ever heard of reverse???) and I shot her dead through the glass, plenty of time to aim when the car is not moving...
But I wonder how you guys can get the hunter from the base without completing this mission... the Hunter only appears after Keep Your Friends Close, right?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:20 AM Edited by Demarest, 05 March 2004 - 08:21 AM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ where's the tank? thread)
vehicle picturename, location, requirements, and directions
user posted imageRhino

Fort Baxter main area

collecting 90 hidden packages

You can just walk right in and take it. If you are not in law enforcement garb (available from Washington Beach police station locker room after passing Cop Land), the army will shoot at you with heavy artillery. Once inside the Rhino, that won't matter much.
user posted imageHunter

Fort Baxter back area

collecting 100 hidden packages OR passing Keep Your Friends Close...

You can only enter this area by air or using a Packer to jump over the fence. If you are not in law enforcement garb (available from Washington Beach police station locker room after passing Cop Land), the army will shoot at you with heavy artillery. If you are not in a police uniform, you can fly in from the north. If you see army back there, fly away and come back. As the picture shows, it is possible to come in uninterrupted.
user posted imageHunter

Ocean Beach helipad

collecting 100 hidden packages AND passing Keep Your Friends Close...

Directions are simple. It's ready and waiting at the southern tip of the eastern island.

...as seen here. Later in that thread, it was pointed out to me that you COULD get the first Hunter other than by air. So I posted this picto-walkthrough:
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

coconut
  • coconut

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:32 PM

Forget the Hunter, if you have the Sea Sparrow (at Tommy's mansion), you can shoot too.

Recluse
  • Recluse

Ask me if I care...

• Members

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:43 PM

All of that seems really much more complicated than is necessary.

I just replayed this mission again using the PCJ method I described above, and it was a piece of cake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users