Photo

Leviathan Lot

39 replies to this topic
Weirdfish
  • Weirdfish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 01:34 AM

Imported the 3DS files, and overlaid the Ocean Beach Skatepark. At first I thought it was too small for a park, but we'll see. For now I'm laying out a strip mall with a fast food joint, a computer store, and an art gallery. Next door there'll be a skateshop/warehouse with small skatepark inside.

I fully intend to live up to my tag, "fastest mouse in the midwest", and hope to be snatching up lots where ever I can. Here are some screens from this afternoon.

user posted image
Ocean Beach Skatepark used for scale.

user posted image
Todays sketch of the mini-mall. Used a couple banshee frames and a bike for scale.

DanK42
  • DanK42

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 01:57 AM

We could certainly, add height to any part of this in order to gain square footage. Maybe have some apartments above the strip mall, that you could buy later or something.

Plus we would have to have an apartment for us tied to the skate shop so we can roll outta bed, and onto a skateboard (or bike) and drop straight into the park ;-).

ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:21 AM

you know what would be a really cool idea? If somebody made an art gallery type building with an interior where you could view art made by people from the gtaforums gfx section inlove.gif

but I think that would be too cool for a strip mall confused.gif

Weirdfish
  • Weirdfish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:48 AM

Already on the apartments, I had the same idea about an hour ago. I had a small store area I couldn't decide on, I'll make it the stairway up to the second floor.

Probably going to add an adult video store as well.

All the buildings are going to have full interiors, I was planning on filling the place with my own work, but would be glad to take submissions of art for it.

Post any artwork you'd like added in this thread and I'll use them in the gallery.

I'm going to put the skateshop as one of the mini-mall stores, and leave the extra land for something else, don't know what yet, maybe a small skatepark.

DanK42
  • DanK42

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:51 AM

Now, you realize this is not an average strip malll but rather a Leviathan Lot strip mall capable of representing in new and unusual ways biggrin.gif .

Seriously, though how about an online gallery that you could add pics to, then a utility that turns them into textures and pushes them into the image file when gta loads?

ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:59 AM

well some of the art work here (by people like vegas or the_avatar) would be better suited for more of a full museum IMO smile.gif

maybe you could make one on a different lot, or someone else could

crazydude
  • crazydude

Blah!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:13 AM

A stip mall right across from a skatepark? Bad Idea.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (crazydude @ Jan 28 2004, 22:13)
A stip mall right across from a skatepark? Bad Idea.

I'm not even gonna touch it.

Weirdfish
  • Weirdfish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:38 AM Edited by Weirdfish, 29 January 2004 - 03:41 AM.

Framed out the wall of the mall, you can see the current store ideas. If anyone has other suggestions, I'm happy to listen.

user posted image

As for a skatepark being across from a strip mall, who cares? I've been to skateparks in some pretty strange places, including the second floor of a strip mall, but that's not important.

Either way, I'll prolly drop the park in this location, they're only really fun with the bikes, and for that you need some room.

I'll look through the images on the site like you suggested, and use some of them from it in the gallery. I'll work more on this Friday.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:48 AM Edited by ashdexx, 29 January 2004 - 03:49 AM.

hmm, is your art gallery strictly for 2d textures? i think a couple well placed 3d (low poly of course) statues or something similar right in the middle of the gallerly could use up that floor space a bit better. imo anyway...

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:52 AM

How can he build a strip mall across from a skate park? I own the lot across fr0m the strip mall, and I'm not selling.

Weirdfish
  • Weirdfish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 04:05 AM

Not you're lot, on my lot, behind the strip mall. Sorry for the confusion. And sure, 3D statues, etc, would be great.

Star_Enterprise
  • Star_Enterprise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 08:50 AM

hey how about an underground skatepark??? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Star_Enterprise @ Jan 29 2004, 08:50)
hey how about an underground skatepark??? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

That would be interesting to see. smile.gif

DanK42
  • DanK42

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:06 AM

And plenty of space for it tounge.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:06 AM Edited by Cerbera, 29 January 2004 - 11:08 AM.

hey how about an underground skatepark??? biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif

Hey, that's a great idea - would prevent it from being such a terrible eye-sore. If it was made as in interior you could have some really intricate high-detail models and background music. smile.gif

(EDIT) Plenty of cities build downwards as well as upwards these days, so it's not going to seem unreal either. Score.

Bramzel
  • Bramzel

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 29 2004, 11:06)
hey how about an underground skatepark??? biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif

Hey, that's a great idea - would prevent it from being such a terrible eye-sore. If it was made as in interior you could have some really intricate high-detail models and background music. smile.gif

(EDIT) Plenty of cities build downwards as well as upwards these days, so it's not going to seem unreal either. Score.

Nice idea there Cerbera. Some high-detail ramps and stuff, some blink182-style music on the background and a BMX to play with biggrin.gif

Star_Enterprise
  • Star_Enterprise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:46 AM Edited by Star_Enterprise, 29 January 2004 - 11:48 AM.

yes if weirdfish wants it, that would be cool (could their also be AC-DC music biggrin.gif )

(who owns the place where weirdfish putted the skatepark for a scale
with his/her premission weirdfish could just lower the skatepark park and
make it into an interior biggrin.gif )

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:35 PM

Unfortunately, that's right across from changs, which is already going to have a mass underground interior.

An addition to the idea though, why not have the skatepark inside the unknown warehouse, but build the interior of it underground anyway so that it can be impossibly large?

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:39 PM

Yippe, another skate park......... rolleyes.gif confused.gif Try something original. turn.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Redkiller @ Jan 29 2004, 16:39)
Yippe, another skate park......... rolleyes.gif confused.gif Try something original. turn.gif

ye, something original. biggrin.gif

Star_Enterprise
  • Star_Enterprise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 05:13 PM

mad.gif not original, not original
if its not original, why is wierdfish the only one making a good skate-park biggrin.gif

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 10:27 PM

Noone else is doing a skatepark to my knowledge. I changed what i am doing. I am going to make house with a mini-pipe in the back yard.

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (JBandit @ Jan 30 2004, 04:27)
Noone else is doing a skatepark to my knowledge. I changed what i am doing. I am going to make house with a mini-pipe in the back yard.

Really? Wow that sounds like exactly what I was doing before..... tounge.gif http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=119478 Although, I never finished it, I'm planning to put it on the next island. turn.gif

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:57 PM Edited by JBandit, 29 January 2004 - 11:58 PM.

I want my pipe to be more "ghetto" with the back sides you can see inot and see the support beams. I also will have it smaller.

Gene Starwind327
  • Gene Starwind327

B

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2004 - 12:13 AM

just make a 3rd floor with the skate park and have a ramp that leads down into the warehouse

Weirdfish
  • Weirdfish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 January 2004 - 02:00 PM

Well, as it stands now, I've dropped the art gallery, I love the idea, but think it should be larger, more like an art museam, and sticking it at the end of a strip mall sounds silly.

Changing it to a laundry mat, have a great name for it, but you'll have to wait for the screens. My host for the pics is down right now, but should be up some time today.

Also, I'm doing a public storage facility, with a bomb shop, some garages, maybe a pay n' spray, depending on how well they're distributed on the map. No point having two close together.

Expanding the skateshop storage into a full warehouse, and am including a small skatepark in the back (inside). Don't worry, it'll fit well and look nice.

I like the idea of going underground, maybe I'll do a full sized park like people suggested, or build a large warehouse on another property.

Weirdfish
  • Weirdfish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 January 2004 - 08:09 PM Edited by Weirdfish, 30 January 2004 - 09:46 PM.

user posted image

Ok, just about 2:00, and I need a break from this for a bit. Roughed out the whole lot, got the walls up for everything, most of the door ways, the ground, blah blah blah.

Saw DanK42 last night, told him to start story boarding some missions.

Actually played Myriad Island last night, DanK42 had it up and running. I was really impressed. Got to see what our lot looks like in game, so I have a feel for scale. The park looked great, and was a lot of fun on a bike.

The game crashed when ever I went over to the small island, but I'm sure it's our mistake. I'll have some new screens on Tuesday.

Q: Do we have poly limits?

Q: Do we have object ID#'s? if so, how many?

Bramzel
  • Bramzel

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:25 PM

Would be cool if the warehouse on the right could be the carfreaks-heaven wink.gif Bombshop, paintshop. plenty of garages to save cars in and the office to take a nap -> save. Hell, why not create a circuit + checkpointmission in the underground area? biggrin.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 31 January 2004 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Weirdfish @ Jan 30 2004, 15:09)

Q: Do we have poly limits?

Q: Do we have object ID#'s? if so, how many?

1. Just don't screw up.

2. Find what the ID # for your lot is. You are guaranteed the next 9 numbers up. If you need more, improvise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users