Photo

[WIP | SCR] Light Commercial District

101 replies to this topic
BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2004 - 10:21 AM Edited by Cerbera, 21 January 2004 - 04:07 PM.

QUOTE (Opius @ Jan 20 2004, 06:50)
Actually, with a bit of code, we probably could, nothing too complicated, but we could just fade to black, and have the camera moved to a different setting, and have scripted people walking around and stuff.

Or make a really, really complicated partical effect! tounge2.gif

The overhang needs a pillar. Also, add a metal staircase in the alley so peopls can do some stunting. If you're looking for ideas for stuff to make or ways to make any of this good sh*t even better, grab me over MSN. smile.gif

(EDIT) Are the scrolling text units still in the Vice engine from GTA3? They used text entries from the GXT if I recall correctly, so if they are present in Vice we could set one up on the side to have the movies or shock news about people who starred in the films. Of course, I don't remember there being any in Vice so perhaps this wouldn't be possible? dontgetit.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:30 PM

the scrolling text is all in the EXE i think, including the string data. i want to be able to go in the theatre, cos it looks cool. biggrin.gif

ineemoney
  • ineemoney

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 January 2004 - 01:30 AM

Im with jason B biggrin.gif I wanna go in 2. I think its possible 2 make a lil film, isnt it? confused.gif notify.gif notify.gif Are u going 2 have lights and stuff in the out side? Like some of those neon lights around the theatre and some flashing lights around the Signs/and stuff like that?

BTW good job and keep it up.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (ineemoney @ Jan 22 2004, 11:30)
Im with jason B biggrin.gif I wanna go in 2. I think its possible 2 make a lil film, isnt it? confused.gif notify.gif notify.gif Are u going 2 have lights and stuff in the out side? Like some of those neon lights around the theatre and some flashing lights around the Signs/and stuff like that?

BTW good job and keep it up.

yes it is possible to make a film with the vice city engine it is not practical, it would take forever to make 5 minutes of "film"

ineemoney
  • ineemoney

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 January 2004 - 04:29 AM

oOoOoOHHHH wow.gif so its posible thats good. But if u dont want 2 make ur own animation can u put like stunt videos or any already existing videos?
but that wouldnt match the posters now would it notify.gif notify.gif notify.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 January 2004 - 03:07 PM

it's possible , but the exe needs to be changed ... that's hard work ,
yes it is possible to make your own stunt video and put it in place of a normal , aslong the name of the video will be the same , coz the exe controls it...

Dutch gamer
  • Dutch gamer

This one can't make mod's

• Members

Posted 23 January 2004 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (superb@ll @ Jan 23 2004, 15:07)
yes it is possible to make your own stunt video and put it in place of a normal , aslong the name of the video will be the same , coz the exe controls it...

We need an programmer a GOOD programmer colgate.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 23 January 2004 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Dutch gamer @ Jan 23 2004, 18:22)
QUOTE (superb@ll @ Jan 23 2004, 15:07)

We need an programmer a GOOD programmer colgate.gif

for good programmer we need good money but we have Steave and Delfi

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 23 January 2004 - 05:37 PM

or a scripted rotating cylinder bigger than illcom with textures on it.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 24 January 2004 - 12:21 AM

Why not just do it where you walk into the theatre, and it plays a cutscene in wide screen format? This limits locations to myriad and whatever we can hide in the corners of the map, but it works.

The ticket booth and pillar will be the same object. Just a round booth at that front corner.

Pokeman won't have the same legal problems. Thomas the wank engine shares three comon words with the copyrighted material, one of which is a proper name. Pokeman doesn't share any. To uphold the lawsuit would imply a copyright on letters of the alphabet, which no judge would uphold.

The signage will glow, and there's a few basic lights around the sides.

Knight Rider
  • Knight Rider

OMG Liek, erm, never mind

• Members

Posted 24 January 2004 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Jan 24 2004, 00:21)
Why not just do it where you walk into the theatre, and it plays a cutscene in wide screen format? This limits locations to myriad and whatever we can hide in the corners of the map, but it works.

The ticket booth and pillar will be the same object. Just a round booth at that front corner.

Pokeman won't have the same legal problems. Thomas the wank engine shares three comon words with the copyrighted material, one of which is a proper name. Pokeman doesn't share any. To uphold the lawsuit would imply a copyright on letters of the alphabet, which no judge would uphold.

Well if rockstar made those opening cutscene look like a movie, we need to be able to program cutscenes to act the way we want them to, is that possible?

If it is, we also need voice actors, anyone here up for it?

Mazzocchi
  • Mazzocchi

Ashley Massaro's Husband

• Members

Posted 24 January 2004 - 03:26 AM Edited by Mazzocchi, 24 January 2004 - 03:26 AM.

can i make a banner for Let's So Bring It?

is it supposed to be a parody of Bring It On?

and how manny pixles by how manny pixles is it?
(ex- 20x30)

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 24 January 2004 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (Knight Rider @ Jan 24 2004, 06:53)
Well if rockstar made those opening cutscene look like a movie, we need to be able to program cutscenes to act the way we want them to, is that possible?

Well there is this one program called IFP chop shop, And I think it can edit the animation files. But, im not sure because i've never actually used it. confused.gif

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 24 January 2004 - 04:25 AM Edited by ghost of delete key, 24 January 2004 - 04:30 AM.

IFP Chop Shop... Hollower's tool. Very nifty little thing, I was playing with it last night working on some custom animations. It does exactly what the name implies, you can separate, mix, and match different sets of frames and animation segments from IFP's. I only wish it had some sort of matrix editor to be able to fully tweak each bone for full customization. So far I can only do it in a Hex editor = bigtime PITA.

btw, Thomas The Wank Engine was at Joel Veitch's site www.rathergood.com (gutbustingly funny), and yeah, they threatened to sue the balls off him, so he took it down. He did leave the link on the page with an explanatoin.

Mazzocchi
  • Mazzocchi

Ashley Massaro's Husband

• Members

Posted 24 January 2004 - 05:42 AM Edited by Mazzocchi, 24 January 2004 - 05:49 AM.

ok I'm done with Let's So Bring It
(sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe told me it was a parody of Malibu's Most Wanted except with an asian guy lol so thats where i got it from)
user posted image
so now whut? lol and feedback is greatly aprecieated

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 24 January 2004 - 10:46 AM

Oooh, this looks very good so far. I'm impressed. Feel free to change the crappy texture mapping job I did on the main sidewalk at the corner there. Compared to the lovely theatre, the sidewalks kind of detracts from it. Sorry 'bout that...

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 24 January 2004 - 01:27 PM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 24 January 2004 - 02:25 PM.

I'll put the poster in now. Thanks Maz.

EDIT:
user posted image

EDIT again:
user posted image

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 24 January 2004 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Redkiller @ Jan 23 2004, 23:05)
QUOTE (Knight Rider @ Jan 24 2004, 06:53)

Well there is this one program called IFP chop shop, And I think it can edit the animation files. But, im not sure because i've never actually used it. confused.gif

Also, there is a very nice tool (duh, totally forgot about it!) called Magpie Pro This tool creates 2D and 3D speech capture animations based on .wav files and/or programmable phonemes. It also supports a wide range of modelers, including 3dsmax, Lightwave, and Maya. Download from the link above, this is a must-have, even if you only tinker with it.

Mazzocchi
  • Mazzocchi

Ashley Massaro's Husband

• Members

Posted 24 January 2004 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Knight Rider @ Jan 24 2004, 00:53)
QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Jan 24 2004, 00:21)

If it is, we also need voice actors, anyone here up for it?

i know what we could do, we could make a little spot somewhere in the theater that triggers a cut-scene and its liek either a trailer or something for the movie

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 25 January 2004 - 03:55 PM

user posted image

It's getting bigger! The road you see in the background is Republican drive, my own private street.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:27 PM

Looks great, how many lots will this take up when finished?

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:31 PM

It's actually only one tiny little lot.

|***68***|
  • |***68***|

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 January 2004 - 06:15 PM

damn I like this wink.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 26 January 2004 - 02:49 AM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 26 January 2004 - 02:49 AM.

user posted image

The multicolor building in the background is the setpiece for the last and final engrish joke on the lot, and all of it's handwritten!

ineemoney
  • ineemoney

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:25 AM

wow wow.gif cool.
when will u release it?

btw wat did u say it wuz(the colerfull building)? Didnt understand wut u said notify.gif
rah.gif rah.gif rah.gif

Knight Rider
  • Knight Rider

OMG Liek, erm, never mind

• Members

Posted 26 January 2004 - 05:57 AM

He was saying the colourful building will be used for an english joke of some sort...
Knight Rider waits impatiently

At sadistic machine.. Lol basket robbers, nice way to rip off companies lol.

@ ineemoney, can you please spell what and was properly, its starting to piss me off, this isn't a msn chat room you know. ph34r.gif

ineemoney
  • ineemoney

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:03 AM

LMFAO ok man didnt know that people actualy cared about little spelling
words.lol biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Oh ok i get it, cant wait till the release

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:22 PM

Two shots of the arcade:

user posted image

user posted image

"Sticky" as he has been unfortunately named, is another vector by me.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:55 PM

Looking forward to the release. The arcade looks good, though perhaps a little small?

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:07 PM

There are two planned interiors, a gun shop and an auto shop. More can be added if demand supports it. Rignt now the push for something in the theatre looks strong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users