1. Put your GTA VC install CD into your CD drive and close the drive door.
2. The GTA VC installer should start.
3. Change the default path in the installation dialog to a path you have never ever used to install GTA VC in before.
4. You now have two (or more) installations of GTA VC. The last one is a FRESH / CLEAN unmodified installation of GTA VC. NEVER EVER modify this installation. Use it as a backup installation.
5. Use your windows explorer (or similar file handling tool) and copy the entire last installation to a new place you have never ever installed anything at all.
6. Read the part posted earlier about creating a BWInstaller backup of your GTA VC installation.
7. Run the BWInstaller and point it to the location in 5.
8. The next time you mess up by modifying the files in your first and second (and third) installation, copy the files from your CLEAN installation (that you no longer have 'cause you messed that up too) to wherever you want and run the bwinstaller on all that.
If you do all this, have a
Edited by Barton Waterduck, 18 April 2004 - 10:59 AM.