[Official] Myriad Install Helper & Booster v1.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
197 replies to this topic
JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:04 AM

Thanx for the help but it still crashed ahh this is gonna suck reinsatlling evrything. mad.gif cryani.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 29 2004, 15:26)
That is normal. Happends with and without the installer. Myriad isn't exactly stable. When people start making their lots a bit more stable... Anyway, that's how I see it. Dunno about anybody else. The quality of the mods is too high I think. The game can't handle it. ODIE said something about this earlier. If you don't use the VC limit adjuster to increase that streaming memory, the game can crash when you get near the Berlin Demo area. Sorry.

yes, but it also crashes at other places like DieselGT's lot and grass...
not everybody has the crash, and not everybody has all lots...heh , you could be right wink.gif

dairyman88
  • dairyman88

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:47 AM

Is there anyway you could write scripts for the released cars too, barton?

That would be really cool inlove.gif

I usually get to lazy to install the cars to the game

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (dairyman88 @ Mar 8 2004, 03:47)
Is there anyway you could write scripts for the released cars too, barton?

That would be really cool inlove.gif

I usually get to lazy to install the cars to the game

I had plans for that. The problem is with the 'Carcols.dat' file. Dunno how to support it.

tommy_vercetty
  • tommy_vercetty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:36 PM

have a problem here

Selected game path: E:\Spel instalaties\Gta Vice city
Removing VC and adding Myriad's first island, Illcom ...
Installation source folder add_to_img not found.
Expected to find directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Jip van Kakerken\Mijn documenten\Jip\BWInstaller\X10\add_to_img
Installation failed.

-------------------------------------------
The script failed. The installation failed.

can someone help me??

dairyman88
  • dairyman88

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (tommy_vercetty @ Mar 10 2004, 20:36)
have a problem here

Selected game path: E:\Spel instalaties\Gta Vice city
Expected to find directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Jip van Kakerken\Mijn documenten\Jip\BWInstaller\X10\add_to_img
Installation failed.

can someone help me??

I would assume you didn't put the files for the island in the folder... or at least you did it wrong.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:43 AM

...or at least you did it wrong.
ye, something wrong there. wink.gif

The 'BWReadMe.txt' in your 'C:\Documents and Settings\Jip van Kakerken\Mijn documenten\Jip\BWInstaller\X10' folder reads:
Install script for Illcom, Myriad Islands first island, V04

Usage
-----
1. Unzip your illcom V04 package (blank_land04.zip) to this directory.
2. Execute the BWInstaller.exe to install.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 March 2004 - 11:21 AM

I have a problem with the installer, I used the installer to install some lots and then I installed the Bunker by hand because you have to do it like that. confused.gif
I then come back to installing another lot and I can no longer use the installer because I cannot click execute or whatever this reads.

This happens quite alot to me, am I doiing something wrong? dontgetit.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 March 2004 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Mar 13 2004, 12:21)
I have a problem with the installer, I used the installer to install some lots and then I installed the Bunker by hand because you have to do it like that. confused.gif
I then come back to installing another lot and I can no longer use the installer because I cannot click execute or whatever this reads.

This happens quite alot to me, am I doiing something wrong? dontgetit.gif

That happends if you try to install a Myriad mod into Max Payne 2. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 March 2004 - 12:00 PM

I was actually looking for a real answer to the question, that would help more. If I am doing something wrong please say. I am installing it into VC and the lots work but then the installer stops working for me and will only overwrite my original VC.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 March 2004 - 12:22 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 13 March 2004 - 12:29 PM.

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Mar 13 2004, 13:00)
I was actually looking for a real answer to the question, that would help more. If I am doing something wrong please say. I am installing it into VC and the lots work but then the installer stops working for me and will only overwrite my original VC.

That's because:

1. You are supposed to install into the original VC ONLY.

2. After you have installed all your lots, you no longer have the original VC, so you can't install the lots again without reinstalling.

3. Use the CLEAR ALL button to DISABLE the mods you've already installed if you're adding new mods, like, if you installed everything in one go, the next time you run the installer, press the CLEAR ALL button and then enable the mods you haven't already installed.

4. You can't do any of the above if you refuse to point the installer to a valid VC installation.

5. To reinstall faster:
QUOTE (developers\Readme)
6  Creating a backup for the installer
oo.0ooO0O.o0.oo.0o.OOo0oO.oo00.o0oo.0O0o0

6  Creating a backup for the installer

oo.0ooO0O.o0.oo.0o.OOo0oO.oo00.o0oo.0O0o0

To create a backup for the installer, do the following:
- Copy everything in your original 'data' directory to the 'data\backup'
  in your new GTA Myriad install.
- Copy your original 'models\gta3.img' to 'models\backup\gta3.img'
- Copy your original 'models\gta3.dir' to 'models\backup\gta3.dir'

The next time you need to reinstall, when you select where to install,
the 'Use backup' button becomes available.
To clearify this a little bit, you must create the backup where you plan to have Myriad installed, like, if you installed VC to 'C:\Rockstar Games\GTA VC' then the backup goes to 'C:\Rockstar Games\GTA VC\data\backup' and 'C:\Rockstar Games\GTA VC\models\backup'.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 March 2004 - 12:47 PM

Thank You Barton that is where I was getting confused, your installer is a very helpful tool. smile.gif
I was getting mixed up because the first version of the installer you could install over an VC. Sorry if I sounded angry with your last post.

Good wor. rah.gif

ShadowSam
  • ShadowSam

Paper Basket

• Members

Posted 15 March 2004 - 02:09 AM

Sorry to sound "newbish" i'm sort of understanding this thing but can i download something like

Odie's GTA Berlin Demo
http://www.feege.de/odie_illcom.zip

and add that to some folder an it'll instal Odie's Berlin stuff for me?. cryani.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 15 March 2004 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (ShadowSam @ Mar 15 2004, 03:09)
Sorry to sound "newbish" i'm sort of understanding this thing but can i download something like

Odie's GTA Berlin Demo
http://www.feege.de/odie_illcom.zip

and add that to some folder an it'll instal Odie's Berlin stuff for me?. cryani.gif

blink.gif Just read the first damn page will you ? And read the damn readme included in it.

Wingman
  • Wingman

Cayne

• Members

Posted 15 March 2004 - 11:59 PM

Okay I've read and re-read everything here and the readme, but I keep getting this message:

Selected game path: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Expected to find directory: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\BWInstaller2\X10\add_to_img
Installation failed.

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (Wingman @ Mar 16 2004, 05:59)
Okay I've read and re-read everything here and the readme, but I keep getting this message:

Selected game path: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Expected to find directory: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\BWInstaller2\X10\add_to_img
Installation failed.

Its acually quite self explanatory. Look in the X10 folder and see if theres a forlder in there called "add_to_img" if theres not then thats your problem. smile.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 March 2004 - 12:48 PM

With your last update of the installer, there was one for the RKland I believe unless I put it in myself, and the installl script is for the old version, the newer update of the land was released before the newest version of the installer. Will there be an update?

I think I am right because the new zip I have has the LOD's in it and some other ones. Just trying to be helpful. smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Mar 19 2004, 13:48)
With your last update of the installer, there was one for the RKland I believe unless I put it in myself, and the installl script is for the old version, the newer update of the land was released before the newest version of the installer. Will there be an update?

I think I am right because the new zip I have has the LOD's in it and some other ones. Just trying to be helpful. smile.gif

I have no idea. Does the readme have any version number in it ? If not, I don't care.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Mar 19 2004, 15:31)
QUOTE (GT-1 @ Mar 19 2004, 13:48)

I have no idea. Does the readme have any version number in it ? If not, I don't care.

Actually this version had no readme but it is the updated version, I guess you are busy with other things thats OK, I will ask someone else but thanks again for the great tool to make installing alot easier.

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:55 AM

I keep getting this error, can't seem to find a solution for it on any of the other pages:
Source dir: <dir>
Install dir unknown

<dir> being the dir of the mod. I've tried several different ones (already installed blank island manually). And I've checked the dirs to make sure they're all there (it would return the Expected to find directory error if they weren't anyway).

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Samutz @ Apr 1 2004, 06:55)
I keep getting this error, can't seem to find a solution for it on any of the other pages:
Source dir: <dir>
Install dir unknown

<dir> being the dir of the mod. I've tried several different ones (already installed blank island manually). And I've checked the dirs to make sure they're all there (it would return the Expected to find directory error if they weren't anyway).

Sorry man. Read the pages again. And be specific. That error message don't exist. It simply doesn't look like that. See if you can find the part about the log file on the other pages. I'm sure you can do it. If not, just ---- o-- die.gif tounge2.gif

Samutz
  • Samutz

• Members

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:22 AM

Oh, it was Install path unknown, not dir. (It's on another computer, so I can't copy and paste.)
I got it working anyway. I wasn't selecting the correct folder on the left.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:10 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 02 April 2004 - 11:11 AM.

uh, did I say that ? blush.gif

Samutz
  • Samutz

• Members

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:06 PM

I was ignoring the disabled button because guess what? IT'S DISABLED.
When I pressed the Scripted path button for the first time it acted like it was executing the script, so I assumed that was the button I needed to use, until I found out what I was doing wrong.

And yes, I have nothing better to in my spare time than install and play the mod that you and many others worked so hard on. If that's the case, then you yourself have nothing better to do than work on a mod for several months. There's a difference between having nothing better to do and having something that you want to do. I simply wanted to play a mod that looked and sounded cool (and is), but aparently you have a problem with that.

You yourself said the program was "lacking" certain texts and "not very informative". So instead of doing anything to either help with my problem or improve on this part of the program, you've decided to be an ass. Good job.

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:01 AM

ive been using this for a while and no problem.Until now i went to install dk's apartment but i select where myriad is but the ok is dark.

IRONICLY
  • IRONICLY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:19 AM

maybe you might have to try to clear the read only attributes this might work if not i dont know whats wrong

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (JKidd @ Apr 2 2004, 07:01)
ive been using this for a while and no problem.Until now i went to install dk's apartment but i select where myriad is but the ok is dark.

Read the top of the page, I also had this problem because you are supposed to install Myriad over the original VC, and I just copied it to another directory, when you edit the original VC you can no longer install the lots using this tool. This might be what you have done.

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:49 AM

damn so im gonna have to do it all manually sad.gif

Bruteforce123
  • Bruteforce123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2004 - 12:16 AM

Ok I'm new to this thing I am also a noob but I still don't get how to use your installer? I need help badly!!!!

mondo_of_tr2004
  • mondo_of_tr2004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2004 - 12:32 AM

*id post something helpful here, but I need to ask some questions...*

have you unzipped the installer?

have you downloaded any mods found at the centralized DL thread?

also, do you have the basic landmass?

and finally, do you have a backup of your VC folder??? *just in case*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users