Photo

[Official] Myriad Install Helper & Booster v1.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
197 replies to this topic
Mazzocchi
  • Mazzocchi

Ashley Massaro's Husband

• Members

Posted 01 February 2004 - 12:10 AM Edited by Mazzocchi, 01 February 2004 - 01:29 AM.

the police and the small bridge ones dont seem to work...

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 01 February 2004 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (Mazzocchi @ Feb 1 2004, 01:10)

I think respamming is against the forum rules. My PM box was spammed about this earlier. Read about toastie's spam on page 3.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 February 2004 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 26 2004, 02:25)
QUOTE (Opius @ Jan 23 2004, 18:09)
I actually think we should change the static model of the Dodo that flies around with one of the Skimmer, or at least a different plane.

But new paths would be good, just remember that turns need a lot of coordinate sets for them, because otherwise the planes turn on the spot, and look stupid.

I guess that would fall to me, as part of the street lighting/vehicle path and general ambient configuration file doohickeys. If I hadn't been banned from the PC I'd be able to make new paths for them, hopefully. I think thier formats were cracked for GTA3 so the Vice ones should be editiable without too much fuss? smile.gif

There wasn't much to be cracked. They are plain text XYZ coords in sequentional order that the models follow. Although I still don't know what the very first value of the file is.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 01 February 2004 - 11:34 AM

In addition to the fact that the speed isn't constant (see airport area), so the range between the coords could be used to set the speed. I haven't looked into this yet, so I'm clueless.

Mazzocchi
  • Mazzocchi

Ashley Massaro's Husband

• Members

Posted 01 February 2004 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 1 2004, 09:19)
QUOTE (Mazzocchi @ Feb 1 2004, 01:10)

I think respamming is against the forum rules. My PM box was spammed about this earlier. Read about toastie's spam on page 3.

wait so what is the correct script?

Mazzocchi
  • Mazzocchi

Ashley Massaro's Husband

• Members

Posted 01 February 2004 - 07:29 PM

AND For sum reason, i can't make backups, the button is shaded and I can't click it, WTF?

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Mazzocchi @ Feb 1 2004, 20:29)
AND For sum reason, i can't make backups, the button is shaded and I can't click it, WTF?

The readme. Read it. You can't use a tool if you do not know how to use it. If you read the instructions, then MABY you will learn how to use it.

Mazzocchi
  • Mazzocchi

Ashley Massaro's Husband

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 2 2004, 10:49)
QUOTE (Mazzocchi @ Feb 1 2004, 20:29)

The readme. Read it. You can't use a tool if you do not know how to use it. If you read the instructions, then MABY you will learn how to use it.

ok lol will do

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 04 February 2004 - 04:18 PM

I have a great idea Barton!
Make a scripter, so you select the zip file and your program make a script file for that!
Great idea?

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 04 February 2004 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Ekamentus @ Feb 4 2004, 17:18)
I have a great idea Barton!
Make a scripter, so you select the zip file and your program make a script file for that!
Great idea?

I don't know if my AI coding is good enough to make the installer read a readme inside a zip file and then create a script out of it. confused.gif

WesleySCS
  • WesleySCS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:00 AM

Yes, it's impossible to understand what every mod makes, but something like VCMM (not so 'beautiful', but more useful, because VCMM has some problems with some modifications, like installing a skimmer mod, or something like this) would be nice.

The model should be very easy, like the dir "add_to_img", a file "add_to_objects_dat.txt", etc, or an unique script (i believe who learn how to makes mods can also learn how to make this) and compacted in a ZIP file.

And to make things easier, the GUI could be very simple (like 2 buttons - install and uninstall, and a list of installed mods), the only problem would be to create an uninstaller (that is very useful).

But I have to say the actual system is incredible.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (WesleySCS @ Feb 5 2004, 01:00)
Yes, it's impossible to understand what every mod makes, but something like VCMM (not so 'beautiful', but more useful, because VCMM has some problems with some modifications, like installing a skimmer mod, or something like this) would be nice.

The model should be very easy, like the dir "add_to_img", a file "add_to_objects_dat.txt", etc, or an unique script (i believe who learn how to makes mods can also learn how to make this) and compacted in a ZIP file.

And to make things easier, the GUI could be very simple (like 2 buttons - install and uninstall, and a list of installed mods), the only problem would be to create an uninstaller (that is very useful).

But I have to say the actual system is incredible.

Since the mods are already compressed in ZIP, RAR or whatever when you download them and since this is not an official installer for Myriad, I don't think that's needed yet. It can be used as an official installer if you create a zip file with X folders in it with each mod in their own X folder and the installer on the root. You would need to unzip it all before you install it all and you would need to install it on a clean install of VC, so that may not be the way to go. If I can find that old topic on the PB forum about creating a self extracting executable, maby I can turn the installer into a self extracting installer later. If people don't want this installer to be the official Myriad installer, it would be a waste of time. If the installer is to be compatible with any installations of VC, you would either need an IDE killer in it or a full IMG file with everything already installed. Since some people don't even want their installations to work (like totally ignorant people that can't be bothered to read the instructions, people that think spamming is fun and angry housewifes with kids playing GTA against their will biggrin.gif ), if nobody want their PM boxes or this forum to be filled with even more junk about their mods not working, the full IMG file way may be best.

WesleySCS
  • WesleySCS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:09 PM

That's true, but this installer isn't a worthless job, because this project is very far from its end (until now just some parts were released, althought they're very interesting).

I believe the final IMG file isn't going to be ready so fast, and I understand your point...

About the self-extract, this could be optional. I believe it's easy to extract the file to a specific folder (like 'mods_in'), my point is the program recognize this folder and read the script (good 'modders' can easily do them).

Zacmaniac
  • Zacmaniac

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:54 PM

So you just put the folder with all the mod files in it (IE Odie_Illcom_2 or whatever)in the X10, X20, etc folders?

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Zacmaniac @ Feb 12 2004, 00:54)
So you just put the folder with all the mod files in it (IE Odie_Illcom_2 or whatever)in the X10, X20, etc folders?

yepp.

I added some install scripts to it. 14 scripts total now. The installer executable is the same. Same links.

http://home.c2i.net/...BWInstaller.zip
http://home.no.net/b...BWInstaller.zip

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:35 PM

Whoohoo! I love you! inlove.gif
Now I can play RKLand, CP's lot and TRN4L's Lot!

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:33 AM

ok when i try to install rkland and srlot i get Scanning IDE file: C:\Copy of Copy of Copy of Grand Theft Auto Vice City\data\default.ide ... ERROR: Object ID 250 already used

For both of them

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:28 PM

Delete that ID Number

Mazzocchi
  • Mazzocchi

Ashley Massaro's Husband

• Members

Posted 26 February 2004 - 08:34 PM

so what maod have scripts already in the installer?

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 February 2004 - 07:56 AM

i cant use your install script everytime i use it there is something already being used so installation fails.then when i do get it to install it likes to crash now.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 28 February 2004 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (JKidd @ Feb 26 2004, 11:33)
ok when i try to install rkland and srlot i get Scanning IDE file: C:\Copy of Copy of Copy of Grand Theft Auto Vice City\data\default.ide ... ERROR: Object ID 250 already used

For both of them

ID 250 ? This is ID 250:
CODE
250, wheel_sport, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0
Looks like you've got some mod installed that conflicts with a wheel. notify.gif Too complex a problem for me to get into I think.

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 February 2004 - 09:41 AM

interesting this is what it saidwhen do the cinema
Scanning IDE file: C:\Copy of Copy of Grand Theft Auto Vice City\DATA\MAPS\illcomNE\illcomNE.ide ... ERROR: Object ID 2260 already used mad.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 February 2004 - 01:49 PM

i used the BWinstaller to install all lots except the park...then started game...and after a few minutes, game crashed ph34r.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (JKidd @ Feb 29 2004, 10:41)
interesting this is what it saidwhen do the cinema
Scanning IDE file: C:\Copy of Copy of Grand Theft Auto Vice City\DATA\MAPS\illcomNE\illcomNE.ide ... ERROR: Object ID 2260 already used mad.gif

You know, that's a totally different problem, because there actually IS a mod out there for myriad with that ID in it, so.... Anyway, since you need to know, DO NOT install the cinema twice with both the first and last version of the install script for it.
QUOTE (superb@ll @ Feb 29 2004, 14:49)
i used the BWinstaller to install all lots except the park...then started game...and after a few minutes, game crashed ph34r.gif

That is normal. Happends with and without the installer. Myriad isn't exactly stable. When people start making their lots a bit more stable... Anyway, that's how I see it. Dunno about anybody else. The quality of the mods is too high I think. The game can't handle it. ODIE said something about this earlier. If you don't use the VC limit adjuster to increase that streaming memory, the game can crash when you get near the Berlin Demo area. Sorry.

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:45 AM

I used your updated one with it and it still crashes when i go south from odies skyline towards the xmode clothes shop.

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (JKidd @ Mar 1 2004, 03:45)
I used your updated one with it and it still crashes when i go south from odies skyline towards the xmode clothes shop.

Have you deleted the thing what Barton say?

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (JKidd @ Mar 1 2004, 03:45)

You still need to fix that wheel problem I think. Anyway, my game doesn't crash when I go near the xmode shop so I don't care. Maby you modded something or something.

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:58 AM

I didnt mod anything it was a clen install.I delted the object 250 id but still get the crash.The wheels i got are the ones from diselgt.

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:02 AM

Install Myriad Islands again confused.gif

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 March 2004 - 04:58 PM

Try replacing the wheels.dff and txd with their original versions. If it continues to crash, re-install vice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users