33 replies to this topic
BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2004 - 05:21 PM

user posted image
I've gotten this model now, but it needs some change immediatly. The player is too far fowards. The wheels are a problem, but if I give it stiff suspension they shouldn't flop around so much. If no-one posts, I'll just edit this message to include my handling so other people that have skateboard mods can try them out. smile.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 24 January 2004 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 21 2004, 12:21)
user posted image
I've gotten this model now, but it needs some change immediatly. The player is too far fowards. The wheels are a problem, but if I give it stiff suspension they shouldn't flop around so much. If no-one posts, I'll just edit this message to include my handling so other people that have skateboard mods can try them out. smile.gif

The player position is going to need readjusting anyway when we get him standing. for now that's no big deal. I'm mre worried about some colfile problems I've been having.

Weirdfish
  • Weirdfish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:34 PM Edited by Weirdfish, 26 January 2004 - 11:35 PM.

Well, you're welcome to use the WF editor to make all the "to scale" ramps you want. Both are modeled off of real skateparks both in design and scale.

user posted image

As far as turning tommy, you can't play the same trick as you can with wheels and engines, the player position (ped_frontseat) dummy does NOT transfer rotation, only location info, to tommy, I've tried it before.

I made a longboard, since it makes more sense to stand forward on one of those, it's available at our site.

If someone can make the animation changes, or point me in the right direction to start working on it myself, I'd love to see a real skateboard in the beach park.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (DieselGT @ Jan 9 2004, 12:41)
QUOTE (ODIE @ Jan 9 2004, 12:21)
a building for the Sercret Service of Myriad

Shhh! That was my idea! I was thinking, either have a mansion taken over by the Secret Service (so they have an 'on location' base), or have a proper big building. I think I'll do that second one, could be some fun missions come from there!

Also, I think if I have room I will build a small Biodome, like the Eden Project in the UK (also seen in James Bond film Die Another Day). I would be very fitting for a city, to try to preserve a spot of greenery in the middle of their commercial district, especially if this is set in the future a little bit or even now when pollution is a big problem...

user posted image

They work like giant greenhouses, makes it a tropical-climate inside no matter how cold it is or what the weather is like outside.

Just don't make it as turd as the Eden project. This over priced, under grown and a big waste of money smile.gif . Nothing there at all really, unless you like a waterfall and about 5 trees. Theres more plants in Kew gardens, which uses up a fraction of the space for its greenhouse smile.gif .

Anyway, that sure would be a fun thing (if make like that) to have breakable glass in (OK so the Eden project is plastic but meh) but it'll be a fun thing to blitz with the Hunter of maybe jump into with a car biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users