Photo

[REL|V1.0] Myriad Skyline

101 replies to this topic
innovacious
  • innovacious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 10:57 PM

i really wish i cud get myraid ow but i no longer have vice city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i broke the disk but i might go to the shop and buy it again just for this mod, i was gonna get gta:wo but this is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy betterespecialy this, ive always liked your work odie

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:00 PM

if you still have the disk, you can usually get a replacement from R* for a few bucks

Kodo
  • Kodo

www.gtagaming.com

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:53 PM Edited by Kodo, 06 January 2004 - 01:18 AM.

ODIE I have to say great mission! It was just the right difficulty and it was a lot of fun. The duck shooting one wasn't so bad either. The mission to unlock the elevators and doors adds *SO* much depth to the buildings. At first I thought it was just a recycled building, but then discovering the big and nicely layed out interiors, and how the elevators opened when you beat the mission... it was just quality. biggrin.gif

But..
After I beat the mission, I hear the Party Dome music, and I go up the steps to check it out and the game crashes. I had to beat the mission again and it crashed again. The interior isn't loading but do you (or anyone else reading this) have any ideas I could try out? And yes I have done the update with the object and ipl lines.

Kitteh
  • Kitteh

^___________^

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:58 AM

Oh, so you need Myraid. Sorry for my utter noobness.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Kodo @ Jan 6 2004, 00:53)
ODIE I have to say great mission! It was just the right difficulty and it was a lot of fun. The duck shooting one wasn't so bad either. The mission to unlock the elevators and doors adds *SO* much depth to the buildings. At first I thought it was just a recycled building, but then discovering the big and nicely layed out interiors, and how the elevators opened when you beat the mission... it was just quality. biggrin.gif

But..
After I beat the mission, I hear the Party Dome music, and I go up the steps to check it out and the game crashes. I had to beat the mission again and it crashed again. The interior isn't loading but do you (or anyone else reading this) have any ideas I could try out? And yes I have done the update with the object and ipl lines.

So you hear the music before it actually loads ? Sounds like a complete lie to me. You see, the music load AFTER you're inside the disco interiour, not on the stairs leading to it. If you haven't actually been inside, you don't get any music.

Kodo
  • Kodo

www.gtagaming.com

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:49 AM Edited by Kodo, 06 January 2004 - 02:53 AM.

No, I assure you, I do hear the music. I hear the distant "thump thump" dancing music in the floor below the Party Dome. It's muffled, not full out music. I hear it like the Party Dome is on top of me, I thought it was intended that way, I didn't think it was odd. You mean that's not supposed to happen? I always thought it was a neat touch....

Okay so I guess that's 1 clue to figuring out the problem. I also have this picture, it could be of use.

user posted image

I'm in the floor for some reason. When I go up past this point the screen fades black, and then the game crashes. It looks like a model problem to me but I already deleted and replaced all the models again. I could do it a 3rd time if needed....
Illspirit sent me all his folders and files, pretty much everything we could think of...and nothing fixed it. We are really stumped.

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:01 AM

user posted image
I loved the mission. I beat it using racer_s first person mod. Lots of fun. biggrin.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:02 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 06 January 2004 - 03:08 AM.

Could you do it again with the classic controls and with the player facing the camera ?
I have never seen that guy before. notify.gif Maby ODIE have. If not, he doesn't exist. dozingoff.gif

Anyway, I couldn't care less because it works for me and pretty much everybody
else. Nothing to fix. It works. End of story (for me anyway).

Kodo
  • Kodo

www.gtagaming.com

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:04 AM Edited by Kodo, 06 January 2004 - 03:06 AM.

What mine? He's the wmybu model, ever seen that office guy with red suspenders walking around? That's his model except I reskinned him.

user posted imageuser posted image

Would the player model affect the interior? I've had him since the beginning and all other mods worked. cry.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Kodo @ Jan 6 2004, 04:04)
What mine? He's the wmybu model, ever seen that office guy with red suspenders walking around? That's his model except I reskinned him.

Would the player model affect the interior? I've had him since the beginning and all other mods worked. cry.gif

As always, I believe everybody just lies. blush.gif Anyway, it really look like something is wrong. blush.gif (uh, did that help ?) blush.gif

Remember the cop uniform not working ? If you're using a custom model skin, your problem is probably related to ODIE's new custom clothes in his X-Mode shop. ODIE had to modify the patrol mission to make the cop uniform work. I have no idea how messed up it all really is now. Maby you can't use some of the actors anymore. I guess I need to do some serious testing with every single actor model in the game to make sure it isn't totally screwed.

Kodo
  • Kodo

www.gtagaming.com

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:35 AM Edited by Kodo, 06 January 2004 - 03:36 AM.

Okay, thanks Barton. I was going to try the original player model just for kicks...since it was the last thing I could think of to fix. I couldn't think of how it affected Odie's mod but I was going to do it anyway as a shot, and you just confirmed it. I'll try it and report back.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 04:43 AM

I can JUST hear the music on the floor below too. I thought it was a nice touch. However, there IS a sound like that in SFX.raw somewhere, so I think it's a hardcoded thing.

Just a quick question Odie, are you going to make cull zones and ped paths for this? I'd like to see some people walking along the skybridge.

LazioFreak
  • LazioFreak

VC Mapper

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:06 AM

Great work, ODIE! smile.gif
I didn't see the mission script yet, but I love this Skyline and this pics. I think this lot will be the best of the whole island wink.gif .
But I have a problem. If I drive on the little second island the game crashes. The game crashes only if I'm near the second island, if I'm in the park or in ODIES lots the game works without any problem. I have this problem from beginning. What should I do? notify.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:25 AM

Time for new paths, methinks.

V0.4 has them I think.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:41 AM

Damned, i forgot the Cull-Datas.....

Get it here and add the lines to your cull.ipl

@Kodo: strange things... No idea what messed up the interieur, but it seems, that the colldatas are not enabled on your game, you are standing on collfaces below the floor.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:50 AM

Thanks Odie.

So were these made with a script you wrote? Are you planning on releasing it, once it gets out of the beta stage?

JoeyJoJo
  • JoeyJoJo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:14 AM

This looks fantastic i just love thes types of mods, although im hating myself for ever letting my cousin borrow my vc bah when i get it back this and myrid islands are the first things im downloading.

-Joe

LazioFreak
  • LazioFreak

VC Mapper

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:37 PM Edited by LazioFreak, 06 January 2004 - 01:39 PM.

I just tested the new mission script. I'm shocked. wow.gif It's fantastic. Is the cooker voice your voice, ODIE? And thanks for the door, I just found it. smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:34 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 06 January 2004 - 03:35 PM.

QUOTE (LazioFreak @ Jan 6 2004, 14:37)
I just tested the new mission script. I'm shocked.  wow.gif  
It's fantastic. Is the cooker voice your voice, ODIE? And thanks for the door, I just
found it.  smile.gif

I'm glad that damn door works. It's a reason I coded it like this you know.
CODE
029B: $damn_door = init_object -8 (ODIE_Miss_obj_1) at 360.87 -834.28 53.06
0453: object $damn_door set_rotation  0.0  0.0  18.5
01C7: remove_object_from_mission_cleanup_list $damn_door
The original code ODIE wrote for the door didn't work at all (for me anyway)
and I just knew some dickheads would screw up fixing it. So I'm DAMN glad it works.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2004 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (LazioFreak @ Jan 6 2004, 10:06)
Great work, ODIE! smile.gif
I didn't see the mission script yet, but I love this Skyline and this pics. I think this lot will be the best of the whole island wink.gif .
But I have a problem. If I drive on the little second island the game crashes. The game crashes only if I'm near the second island, if I'm in the park or in ODIES lots the game works without any problem. I have this problem from beginning. What should I do? notify.gif

lazio incase you havnt solved the problem yet it is to do with the illspirit radar txd's replacements if you read through all the txd's (35-62 i believe) some txd's in between those 2 numbers are to be left and not changed! hope that helps as it did for viperking

Kodo
  • Kodo

www.gtagaming.com

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:12 PM Edited by Kodo, 06 January 2004 - 10:37 PM.

Barton I used the original player model but it still crashes.

Which I don't understand, illspirit sent me his *working* his map folders, script, object.dat, etc....everything we could think of. It should be working. I deleted and replaced the models twice and it still crashes. I think my descriptions of the problem and pics are bad, so I made this short clip.

It shows exactly what happens (and even has the Party Dome music) up to the point where the game crashes. It's only 2mb so download.

Diesel says that the LOD isn't switching, I think he's right. Seems likeI should still be taken to the interior regardless, but I'm not, it crashes when it tries to load.

LazioFreak
  • LazioFreak

VC Mapper

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 12:41 PM

I used the orginal VC radar map and the game worked without any problem biggrin.gif
But I have an other problem after installing the Skyline. The police department and the bridge haven't any textures? What did I wrong? notify.gif

@ODIE: I wanna make an update for the park. Can I copy and change your Waterduck mission? smile.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (LazioFreak @ Jan 7 2004, 12:41)
police department and the bridge haven't any textures? What did I wrong? notify.gif

ive the same prob...i bet it's something with the IMG...try deleting those dff's and txd...and adding them on the bottom of the archive, i hope that will work smile.gif ...

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:25 PM

Kodo: Iam sure, its not on the interieur. Something other is changed in your version, what other plps dindt changed. If you enter the partydome about 20 Characters will be loaded and shown, some code is running and so on. You did something on the players modell? This meight be the Problem. Take a clear Missionscript (like the totally stripped from Barton) change the Interieurvalue in the .IPL from 17 to 0 and cheat you up into the party Dome. I bet you will be able to see this Interieur ...

Btw. iam very sorry, but i cant see you Video, i missed that compressionformat in my player.

maybe you should reinstall VC, run the IDE Killer and reinstall myriad with the official files. Anyone who make inofficial changes, meight got problems that cant be fixed.

so make ONLY official testet changes !!! All others are on your own risk.

LazioFreak: No problem, but i think its better you will get inspired by my code and didnt copy it. Two Missions that looks like the other wont be interesting, i mean, dont change only ducks to fishes or so, its booring smile.gif

About the Textures: Make Rebuild Archiv after every install. If this wont work, look if all TXDs behind the DFFs that used it. Iam sure its the IMG-Tool that makes some strange things, some time... but there is no good alternativ.

greetings

Kodo
  • Kodo

www.gtagaming.com

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, I had a feeling I would have to reinstall Myriad. I was hoping it didn't come to that but I guess I will now.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 11:24 PM

I have 9 backups of my models directory. I have used all of them atleast once. Makes a person grumpy. suicidal.gif Would be nice to have some autoinstaller (and I'm not talking about any 2 hour wait version now).

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 08 January 2004 - 02:48 PM

Finally got a chance to test it... Great work smile.gif
However, some things:
- Main entrance (for duck shooting) has a weird reflection if you look towards the outside. Can't really explain, just look at it
- When standing on top of the tower near the party dome, there is a missing outside! The other three sides look great, but the fourth one is just missing. Perhaps you mirrored it by accident? Again, just look, can't really explain it.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:24 PM

Ive see, what you mean, there are two walls on the outside of the rooftop looks missed, the normals are flipped sad.gif On the reflection, you can see the undergroundgarage out of the door, its very tricky, cause i cant find a proper way to avoid this kind of reflection (nothing to mirror outside).

I will collect all bugs here and see what i can change for the planed update.

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 09 January 2004 - 05:07 PM

what is the crosshair here?? :
user posted image

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 09 January 2004 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (ODIE @ Jan 9 2004, 13:24)
Ive see, what you mean, there are two walls on the outside of the rooftop looks missed, the normals are flipped sad.gif On the reflection, you can see the undergroundgarage out of the door, its very tricky, cause i cant find a proper way to avoid this kind of reflection (nothing to mirror outside).

I will collect all bugs here and see what i can change for the planed update.

That sounds tricky inderdaad.
Have you seen the other thing too? Or should I make a screenshot?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users