Photo

[REL|V1.0] Myriad Skyline

101 replies to this topic
Kitteh
  • Kitteh

^___________^

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 03:32 AM

And there is only ONE file in gta3.img that starts with illcom. In the readme apparently there are a lot. What am i missing? I can't install any of this because you guys expect us to finish the other half of your maps just to install them. Just make an auto installer or something. PLEASE.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 03:33 AM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 05 January 2004 - 03:34 AM.

QUOTE (Kitteh @ Jan 4 2004, 22:32)
And there is only ONE file in gta3.img that starts with illcom. In the readme apparently there are a lot. What am i missing? I can't install any of this because you guys expect us to finish the other half of your maps just to install them. Just make an auto installer or something. PLEASE.

If there's only one file in gta3.img that starts with illcom, you goofed up when you installed myriad.

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Kitteh @ Jan 4 2004, 20:32)

I was able to install all the maps available, so, you can too. Just read the readme.. tounge2.gif

Nate Baker1
  • Nate Baker1

Back...for a little

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 04:38 AM

Man that looks pretty cool. A clothing shop is a must and a new club. I wish I had vice pc so much. Then I could go in the building you built to. Great job.

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 05:01 AM

Odie do i get a door?
user posted image
tounge.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 January 2004 - 05:34 AM

ODIE, i dont come to this forum (myriad) very much, but i did today out of curiosity. And i must say, VERY impressive. i can tell by the screenshots alone that this is beautiful, and i might just install myriad myself so i can see it in better detail. your an inspiration to us all.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:58 PM

at first: thanx for your praises, i really enjoy this and becomes very motivated for a next project smile.gif

JBandit: Iam really sorry, there a 14 different doors, ive got from the really first Thread of Myriad, but i plan an update and so we may get some more Doors smile.gif Until this update, your(and some others) Doors is "the unnamed modder"´s Door :-) There is a bigger Floor wiht the stairhouse, that you can reach with the Main.scm-Update, there you will find the other doors.

Opius: Your right, the elevators are very ugly and dosnt satisfy me, perhaps i can fixe it on a later update.

Special Thanx to Barton for importing my code, its hard to write new code, but its really harder to check unknown code form other plps.

greetings

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 01:12 PM

Really looking forward to the script release.

Odie, I emailed you a better elevator texture.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ Jan 5 2004, 13:12)
Really looking forward to the script release.

Odie, I emailed you a better elevator texture.

no mail received, please use my new account [email protected]

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:03 PM

Odie why is it that in moomapper your buildings (well some) dont show up?

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:08 PM

ya same here...and whats up with this:

user posted image

Everything in Myriad works fine except this part of your mod Odie.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:38 PM

Caponestar: I use mostly 8bit Textures and KCow was to lazy to code the display of 8bit textures. Thanx Delfi i will use packed 32bit Textures for future, it saves more space then 8bits.

d8cam19: You are not allowed to go there without the new Main.scm smile.gif You stand in the Party Dome, but its Interieur 17, not 0. So wait for the main.scm, use the elevator and you will fall over to dead smile.gif

greetings

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:59 PM

Cross post: The mission script has been updated. Details here.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 07:16 PM Edited by ODIE, 05 January 2004 - 07:30 PM.

URGENT !!!!

Every one who has allready installed this mod, open the

object.dat and add the following lines

CODE

ODIE_Miss_Obj_1   99999.0, 99999.0 0.99,  0.1,  50.0,  0.0, 1.0, 0, 4, 0
ODIE_Miss_Obj_2   99999.0, 99999.0 0.99,  0.1,  50.0,  0.0, 1.0, 0, 4, 0

then open the ODIEs2nd.IPL and delete this line:

2632, ODIE_Miss_obj_1, 360.874, -834.279, 53.0565, 1, 1, 1, 0.0, 0.0, -0.160743, 0.986996

Iam updating the Zip right now !!

die Catalina die
  • die Catalina die

devil's advocate

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 07:22 PM Edited by die_Catalina_die, 05 January 2004 - 07:29 PM.

Yaaaaaaay! I'm going ingame right now, cant wait to try it out! cool.gif

EDIT: What the hell? I step in the lobby and fall into oblivion.. bored.gif What happened?

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 07:31 PM Edited by ODIE, 05 January 2004 - 07:32 PM.

QUOTE (die_Catalina_die @ Jan 5 2004, 19:22)
Yaaaaaaay! I'm going ingame right now, cant wait to try it out! cool.gif

EDIT: What the hell? I step in the lobby and fall into oblivion.. bored.gif   What happened?

Soory, too late, it was the wrong line, now its correct.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2004 - 07:34 PM Edited by caponester, 05 January 2004 - 07:42 PM.

hey odie i like what i am seeing so far however my game crashed when on your shootout mission i presume this is what the bug fix is about.The game crashed when i was about to enter the illcon building i whip out the shotgun i had shoot the bad guy at the door and the door dissapeard and the game crashed... only tried it once so maybe just a one off.. also the duck mission is fun my score was 127 but im a little slow and the ducks swim too fast... anyway great work!

edit: just so you know the new link gives a corrupt zip file.. dont worry i tried twice wink.gif also my game crashes after deleting and adding the lines you said and deleting the line barton told us too.....

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 07:51 PM

Do you added the new lines to the object.dat ?? perhaps you have to delete some unused lines above, then it should work.

The Ducks speed is ok, you have to train a little bit, my best result was 157 points.

i made the same bug in the zip, like in the post above, so i uploaded it again, but now the link should work.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 07:54 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 05 January 2004 - 07:58 PM.

QUOTE (caponester @ Jan 5 2004, 20:34)
hey odie i like what i am seeing so far however my game crashed when on your shootout mission i presume this is what the bug fix is about.The game crashed when i was about to enter the illcon building i whip out the shotgun i had shoot the bad guy at the door and the door dissapeard and the game crashed... only tried it once so maybe just a one off.. also the duck mission is fun my score was 127 but im a little slow and the ducks swim too fast... anyway great work!

edit: just so you know the new link gives a corrupt zip file.. dont worry i tried twice  wink.gif   also my game crashes after deleting and adding the lines you said and deleting the line barton told us too.....

I see a familiar pattern here. You always mess it up. I guess you could reinstall everything again. confused.gif Let me try and give you some more detailed help:

1) The ODIEs2nd.IPL file is in your data\maps directory.
2) The object.dat file is in your data directory.
3) If you see a closed door where the first checkpoint is, you installed it wrong.
4) If there is no door at all at the first checkpoint, you installed it wrong.
5) If you have any unofficial mods installed, you installed it wrong.
edit: and
6) If you aren't on any mission, you get no checkpoint.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2004 - 07:57 PM

sigh.......... no i dont always mess it up when the hell did i say there was a closed door? do you even have a clue what i am talking about????????

Odie: im sorry if it sounded wrong but i was merely saying im bad at the game and ducks go too fast for ME not anyone else i have never been good at shooting stuff i think my reactions are slow wink.gif

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:01 PM Edited by d8cam19, 05 January 2004 - 08:01 PM.

think i found an error?

the thing way in the background is a save game icon
user posted image

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:05 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 05 January 2004 - 08:09 PM.

QUOTE (caponester @ Jan 5 2004, 20:57)
sigh.......... no i dont always mess it up when the hell did i say there was a closed door? do you even have a clue what i am talking about????????

Odie: im sorry if it sounded wrong but i was merely saying im bad at the game and ducks go too fast for ME not anyone else i have never been good at shooting stuff i think my reactions are slow  wink.gif

You was talking about a door. If it was closed, open or not really a door, who knows. You just didn't bother to tell us. Another familiar pattern. I'm talking about your numerious posts about bugs and your inabillity to install mods. You failed again, so I said it was a familiar pattern. It's still is a familiar pattern. Maby you should try harder next time.

d8cam19: It's not supposed to look like that. Get it ? Nobody has it looking like that. You failed to install DieselGT's lot. The mission script still works because DieselGT's lot can be disabled using the mod shop.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:08 PM Edited by Cerbera, 30 July 2004 - 08:41 AM.

Whew, that got me sweating! I installed it, ran the game and got an unhandled exeption. I went back over what I'd installed and found I hadn't done the NW.COL correctly. Did that bit again and hoorah, the game loaded. colgate.gif

I found this, though, not sure if I made a mistake or what:
user posted image
1024 x 768

I lured the officer down, I didn't make a ped path. rolleyes.gif
user posted image
1024 x 768

It's a tough leap to get right, but it's nice to make it.
user posted image
1024 x 768

No elevator controls on the outside or inside. *Quotes Illspirit's post about the floor.*
user posted image
1024 x 768

Even though they are only fabric, I don't think you should be able to walk through these:
user posted image
1024 x 768

Not many places to do stunts, this is from the little set of stairs near the curved underground car park access:
user posted image
1024 x 768

This was using the fire escape, you have to use the field to get this much speed though. Hopefully whoever is making something there will have an alleyway so you can do this! tounge.gif
user posted image
1024 x 768

A shot in the evening, darkened a little by the fadeout from being busted:
user posted image
1024 x 768

Here's a replay.REP of the best stunt I've managed to pull from that fire escape: Replay File

The fire escape looks far to thin; the steps have no thickness and there are no supports for it whatsoever. Some of the textures really clash with each other, especially the ones used in the clothes shop. The lights are wonderful and the bits you've made from scratch are brilliant. cool.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:16 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 05 January 2004 - 08:17 PM.

edit: whatever

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:21 PM

Cerbera: Nice pics... the lost textures are strange, maybe a rubuild archive will help. or take a look into the IllcomNW.ide at the textureentry.

This are full-automatic-lifts without controls smile.gif No, i was a bit lazy and make more details on my update.

You can also jump at the STeam&MUscle sign and jump from the roof with a bike.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:28 PM

is it just me or does barton not like me...... i dont want to start an argument so nice work barton and odie this lot is a good addition to the island.Dancing with the women in the disco is realy cool and the shootout mission is challenging so challenging i actualy died tounge2.gif anyway have a cookie.gif both of you smile.gif

crazydude
  • crazydude

Blah!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:28 PM

@ Cerbera, try deleting all the skyline txds, and readding them.......if rebuilding doesnt work.

@ODIE Fantastic mod, I have no problems at all, everything works great colgate.gif

Bramzel
  • Bramzel

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:29 PM

Works like a charm for me, and it really blasted me off my chair. Wonderfull. All involved, you're kicking some royal arse! If this is the start already, I can't wait to see the final product. Probably something with a lifetime of several years biggrin.gif

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:37 PM Edited by d8cam19, 05 January 2004 - 08:53 PM.

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Jan 5 2004, 20:05)
d8cam19: It's not supposed to look like that. Get it ? Nobody has it looking like that. You failed to install DieselGT's lot. The mission script still works because DieselGT's lot can be disabled using the mod shop.

thanks

cerbera: nice replay, i watched it smile.gif

EDIT: Here is one of my own replays there:

http://www.3dap.com/...ordanreplay.zip

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 09:14 PM Edited by Cerbera, 05 January 2004 - 09:37 PM.

QUOTE (d8cam19 @ Jan 5 2004, 20:37)
QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Jan 5 2004, 20:05)

thanks

cerbera: nice replay, i watched it smile.gif

EDIT: Here is one of my own replays there:

http://www.3dap.com/...ordanreplay.zip

Your style is much neater than mine! I tend to really try and flare the nose as vertical as possible for my spins, I think it makes them look more stylish. smile.gif

I've been trying to do a stunt off the stairs by the X-Trend clothes shop place, managed to come up with a counterspin 360! tounge.gif Replay file.

Say, maybe you should produce a movie showing stunt locations in Myriad Islands? I'll be sure to contribute! biggrin.gif

Odie, I did rebuild, I rebuilt again after I added dieselGT's area. I'll delete the TXDs and add them again, like the pinned topic suggests. You are right about the STeam and MUscle sign, I hadn't noticed that before. It's very steep though so it's hard to get any good distance. sad.gif
(EDIT) I tried to go a bit mad with it again and the first time I tried it, managed to do a huge spin/flip stunt using the police car! tounge.gif
Replay file.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users