» «
Photo

Expanding Myriad [IMPORTANT]

53 replies to this topic
BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:38 AM Edited by Cerbera, 06 January 2004 - 11:39 AM.

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Jan 6 2004, 00:42)
QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 5 2004, 21:22)
QUOTE (illspirit @ Jan 4 2004, 20:41)
Nice looking bridge you got ther Opius. If you need any help with the onramps, I can probably lend a hand since I thought I'd be doing them anyway. Or, if RDTG has already started on something, maybe you guys can put 'em together? Or, erm, I dunno, it's kinda hard to tell what's going on 'til we know where REspawn is at.

QUOTE (Cerbera)
I don't understand how he can hope to make anything thats going to be convincing if he hasn't actually made any designs for it.

LOL! How can he hope to make anything convincing? Umm, we are talking about REspawn here, right? Methinks convincing models is the last thing we have to worry about. If anything, we should be more scared that he won't stop at the planned utitlities, landmarks, and such, but instead goes on to make an entire city. tounge2.gif

His district for Vice was pretty damn awful from a layout point of view. Very generic and flat and completely devoid of curves in the roads. Was very unrealistic imho.

I'll send him a reminder about it through PM, so we can at least have some idea how much space he intends to take up out there and can therefore start coming up with layouts for FunWorld. smile.gif

I believe illspirit said FunWorld isn't going into Myriad. It's going into VC.

Isn't this a bit late to be talking about layouts ? Personally, I have no idea what layouts you're talking about, if it's the bridges or the islands. I think it would be too late to redesign the islands. Atleast the illcom island. Maby the illsub island. Could be I'm just stupid or something. What are you talking about anyway ?

Yeah, you're stupid. smile.gif

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:40 PM

1. FunWorld is canned for Myriad, almost a month ago, as said by the big cheese himself:

QUOTE (illspirit @ Dec 18 2003, 07:56)
Might be best to leave the Fun World out. There will most likely be scripted custom objects in it, and will defintily have new cull, weather, peds, zones, and gangs, meaning it will have to be installed for a single script to work. Making two scripts would work, but that would be unfair to Barton for him to update both of them as things were added. Not to mention in either case he'd have to pick over the FW script, possibly rewriting and fixing large chunks, to make sure it would work with Myriad. blink.gif

Please make sure to read up on what's happened before you go posting about plans and whatnot.

2. Stop trying to control stuff. Regardless of what you post or what plans you make, REspawn WILL continue to make his district as he sees fit. Illspirit will place his islands where the fit ingame and where he sees fit. Ultimately, it's them who are putting in the hard work, and what you may put forward is only a waste of your time.

3. This would have been more effective if I had a third point....

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 05:59 PM

I was elected to design the FunWorld landscape in the private Fun World Modders area and that's what I've been trying to do since that moment. The topic is there to be seen in the FWM's area, so it's not like I've suddenly sprung up to bite peoples' ankles on this. wink.gif

I'm not trying to change what REspawn is making, I just want to find out what the coastline is so that I can get on with plans for FunWorlds coastline ASAP.

Illspirit isn't sure whether or not it should be in, he's never said it definitly won't be. It was created by Odie anyway and he said that he would like it to be in FunWorld...as have the rest of the FW team.

Anyway, Respawn has told Ill and I that he will have the plan sent to us within a couple of days, so then I'll see if there will be adequate space to fit FunWorld in. smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 6 2004, 18:59)
I was elected to design the FunWorld landscape in the private Fun World Modders area and that's what I've been trying to do since that moment. The topic is there to be seen in the FWM's area, so it's not like I've suddenly sprung up to bite peoples' ankles on this. wink.gif

I'm not trying to change what REspawn is making, I just want to find out what the coastline is so that I can get on with plans for FunWorlds coastline ASAP.

Illspirit isn't sure whether or not it should be in, he's never said it definitly won't be. It was created by Odie anyway and he said that he would like it to be in FunWorld...as have the rest of the FW team.

Anyway, Respawn has told Ill and I that he will have the plan sent to us within a couple of days, so then I'll see if there will be adequate space to fit FunWorld in. smile.gif

Ok, as I'm sort of neutral to the modeling aspect of Myriad, I don't care if it's in or out. The mission script is my only concern (meaning the quality of it). Unless it will have so many scripted features that supporting the rest of Myriad will become impossible, it will not be a problem for me. It will all have to fit into one single script. If there is already a script for Fun World, it will probably need some rewriting to fit my own standards.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Jan 7 2004, 13:22)
QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 6 2004, 18:59)
I was elected to design the FunWorld landscape in the private Fun World Modders area and that's what I've been trying to do since that moment.  The topic is there to be seen in the FWM's area, so it's not like I've suddenly sprung up to bite peoples' ankles on this. wink.gif

Illspirit isn't sure whether or not it should be in, he's never said it definitly won't be.  It was created by Odie anyway and he said that he would like it to be in FunWorld...as have the rest of the FW team.

Ok, as I'm sort of neutral to the modeling aspect of Myriad, I don't care if it's in or out. The mission script is my only concern (meaning the quality of it). Unless it will have so many scripted features that supporting the rest of Myriad will become impossible, it will not be a problem for me. It will all have to fit into one single script. If there is already a script for Fun World, it will probably need some rewriting to fit my own standards.

As far as I know there is next to nothing coded for FunWorld, just some private experiements. I wouldn't expect there to be more coded effects than are used in Odie's properties really. The haunted mansion will have all it's effects in an interior and until we can design the land it will all be on there's not much anyone can do. sad.gif

totter
  • totter

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 08 January 2004 - 01:25 PM

I thought I tould youi guys I couldnt work on my lots anymore rolleyes.gif

Lots for sale! Only 0.00$!
Build your house(s) on a sunny location, close to the beach, and endless building possbilitys. Or take yourself to the other side of the road, and expirience the perfect loacation for an Skyscraper.
LIMITED OFFER! ONLY 0.00$!! Call now! It's 866IWANTTHISFREAKINLOT it was 866IWANTTHISFREAKINLOT

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 08 January 2004 - 01:33 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 08 January 2004 - 01:34 PM.

QUOTE (totter @ Jan 8 2004, 15:25)
I thought I tould youi guys I couldnt work on my lots anymore rolleyes.gif

Lots for sale! Only 0.00$!
Build your house(s) on a sunny location, close to the beach, and endless building possbilitys. Or take yourself to the other side of the road, and expirience the perfect loacation for an Skyscraper.
LIMITED OFFER! ONLY 0.00$!! Call now! It's 866IWANTTHISFREAKINLOT it was 866IWANTTHISFREAKINLOT

so... you sell/give your lots 2 somebody?

Ozzy Osbourne
  • Ozzy Osbourne

Uncontrollable

• Members

Posted 15 January 2004 - 05:59 PM

This is looking, really... Really... Really... Really Good!
user posted image
Hey! /\ The Dealey Plaza! Where JFK was assassinated! dont forget to put the Myriad Book Depository there!

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 15 January 2004 - 07:48 PM

are you gonna make something on the beach?

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Ekamentus @ Jan 15 2004, 21:48)
are you gonna make something on the beach?

yes

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 6 2004, 17:59)

QUOTE (Respawn @ Jan 12 2004, 17:19)
Just a quick pm to say i havent forgotten you, i got sick durng the week and spent the whole time in bed. Couldnt even watch tv.

Will have size for you during the week.

Ment to ask you if you wanted a building or one of the many companys around the island named after you?

I made a limo service for barton because hes adding the bomb and spray shops for me.
Maybee you could do the paths, i havnt even touched the path editor so if you have time.

I will have a demo of whats done so far for illspirit over the next week or so that will have the roads added.

Let me know what you think, or dont think, thanks for your time,
  -Dave

I just received this from Respawn. I've suggested that he use a tunnel to link his industrial area to one of the other islands, could be a really sleazy location if done right. Still no picture from him, though. sad.gif

Target
  • Target

ph34r m3h

• Members

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:56 PM

Please take away all of my lots. I'm too busy with my tc.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:16 PM Edited by illspirit, 27 January 2004 - 12:56 PM.

Respawn PM'd me a day or two ago but this is the first change I've had to post what he's come up with:

[link to top secret material removed]

There's nothing particularly clear, but it does look as though FunWorld will have plenty of space. smile.gif

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:36 PM

That link to the size of my project size was not supposed to be released into the wild like that.

If target is giving up his lots i would like to take one for the exsisting bridge in my screen shots.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (REspawn @ Jan 26 2004, 14:36)
That link to the size of my project size was not supposed to be released into the wild like that.

If target is giving up his lots i would like to take one for the exsisting bridge in my screen shots.

Target give all lots 2 weeks ago so you can have1

jusr tell me what illcom_c?_r? you want

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 26 January 2004 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Jan 26 2004, 13:25)

Not at home, but i think this one will do me just fine.
Will let you know when i get home.

user posted image

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (REspawn @ Jan 26 2004, 14:46)

user posted image

Erm, have you gotten home yet? Also, why on earth wouldn't you want the plans to be public? This IS a community project, after all. wink.gif

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 09:21 AM Edited by REspawn, 03 February 2004 - 09:22 AM.

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Feb 2 2004, 12:39)
QUOTE (REspawn @ Jan 26 2004, 14:46)

user posted image

Erm, have you gotten home yet? Also, why on earth wouldn't you want the plans to be public? This IS a community project, after all. wink.gif

community project, really... thanks for clearing that one up.
I was wondering what all these other people were doing around this "forum".

Anyway.. i didnt want the plans to be public because i tough some people might not want to see what was being built before they play it, that some members will enjoy not knowing whats around the next corner.
----------------------------------------------------------

I would like to take illcon_c1_r8, its one of targets lots. If thats ok.
For a connecting bridge.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (REspawn @ Feb 3 2004, 10:21)
community project, really... thanks for clearing that one up.
I was wondering what all these other people were doing around this "forum".

Anyway.. i didnt want the plans to be public because i tough some people might not want to see what was being built before they play it, that some members will enjoy not knowing whats around the next corner.
----------------------------------------------------------

I would like to take illcon_c1_r8, its one of targets lots. If thats ok.
For a connecting bridge.

I just want some perfect mission areas. Do you take bribes ? Here, have a cookie. cookie.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (REspawn @ Feb 3 2004, 09:21)
Anyway, I didn't want the plans to be public because I thought some people might not want to see what was being built before they play it, that some members will enjoy not knowing whats around the next corner.

That makes no sense at all. This area is full of rough designs, WIP threads, wireframe shots and beta releases. If people don't like it whilst your making it, they should be allowed to tell you WHY they don't like it so you can decide whether you should change what they didn't like. If they don't like what the designs show then they aren't going to like what you've made. confused.gif

Why did Illspirit edit out the link? Everyone who is working on or thinking about playing Myriad should be allowed to see that so that they can have a say it what gets made. That's the whole point of making a whole new forum area for this mod, so that people could publicise what they were doing, recieve feedback and make it better. whatsthat.gif

Will your bridge be the one with hinging ramps? That means you get a swanky bridge to your property and Barton gets a "perfect" place to write some mission code, as it would also be one of the Unique Stunt locations. smile.gif
Unfortunatly, as my Myriad install is still totally screwed I can't test if the traffic lights are synchronised to the game time or whether they just re-start thier cycle whenever you enter the game. This means that the SCM system for prevent cizitens from driving off the ends of the ramps as they rise might not be able to have any actual lighting signals?

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Jan 5 2004, 00:47)
I think a suspension bridge would be better suited to the canyon between the two mountains on the new island.

But if everyone makes a bridge, we can use each of them in a different place.

Ever seen Auf Wiedersehen Pet? The 2nd series, they took a bridge from SOmehwere up north in the UK to the US, over a canyon thingy. The bridge on that was strange, in that it worked like a ferry thing. Itd be fun to do, and not hard, just have red lights when you get on the bridge cradle to make cars stop, then when enough are on it, stick on another red light before the end of the cradle, stopping cars getting on, then move the cradle, complete with cars to the other side, then just turn the light stopping cars falling off to green and off they go, on the other side of the bridge. For novelty I think it'd be fun, but a lot of work needed (well, its not far off the SSV Lift bridge in GTA3)

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Feb 3 2004, 11:44)
QUOTE (Opius @ Jan 5 2004, 00:47)
I think a suspension bridge would be better suited to the canyon between the two mountains on the new island.

But if everyone makes a bridge, we can use each of them in a different place.

Ever seen Auf Wiedersehen Pet? The 2nd series, they took a bridge from SOmehwere up north in the UK to the US, over a canyon thingy. The bridge on that was strange, in that it worked like a ferry thing. Itd be fun to do, and not hard, just have red lights when you get on the bridge cradle to make cars stop, then when enough are on it, stick on another red light before the end of the cradle, stopping cars getting on, then move the cradle, complete with cars to the other side, then just turn the light stopping cars falling off to green and off they go, on the other side of the bridge. For novelty I think it'd be fun, but a lot of work needed (well, its not far off the SSV Lift bridge in GTA3)

To get a horizonal, ferrying type of motion you'd have to give the citizen cars a handle for the mission script to attach them to the map object which gets moved by the SCM. The SSV lift bridge doesn't need this because vertical movement automatically makes the cars move because the tyres rebound off it, whilst moving something horizontally simply slides underneath them. Best demonstrated by the rotating interior of Odie's TV tower thing. smile.gif

Additionally, a ferry type bridge would be a frustratingly slow break in gameplay and would offer no opportunity for a stunt as classic as the hinge-bridge leap! colgate.gif

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2004 - 12:13 PM

Oh really? I think pushing cars off the brdige would be fun meself. Or mid mission get a buddy to stop it and pick em all off 1 by 1 tounge.gif but yea you're right, damn slidy action tounge.gif

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:47 PM Edited by REspawn, 04 February 2004 - 11:09 AM.

Has anyone any objections to me taking targets illcon_c1_r8 lot for a bridge? if so please let me know.

I will be showing screens and other wip items as i go along, but i didnt want to give the whole layout away before i have it all done and finished. Besides the locations of certain things are marked on the map.
Thoses are the kind of things that would come as a surprise.

Once i have my layout of the island done i will send details onto barton so he can work his magic on it.

The island features one main bridge connecting mayrid (illcon_c1_r4) to my island, still unnamed. There may yet be a tunnel depending on cerebra.
The will be a few specialised stunts worked into the area, most of which are designed around the motor bike.

As i build i will show screens, of what i have done, at the moment, screens are usless because they are mostly road layout.

Hope this answers all questions and unclear points.
Thanks for the cookie barton.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users