» «
Photo

Expanding Myriad [IMPORTANT]

53 replies to this topic
Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 January 2004 - 01:27 PM Edited by illspirit, 03 January 2004 - 08:08 PM.

Since it's pretty clear that theres going to be one or more islands added to Myriad, we need to start thinking about where the bridges will go.

user posted image

I'd say that Run Down That Guy's lot to the west could probably go, seeing as how he has heaps of others to work with, and we could take either one of Totters or dom0803's lots from the north.
JasonB's lot to the south is less important, and probably won't need to be touched, but I've included it anyway.

If anyones got any comments on this, or would like to say 'hey, don't take my lot, I'm actually using', reply here.

(made the pic a smaller link thingy so I could read the thread and to save Opius some bandwith -illy)

ViperKing
  • ViperKing

King of Vipers

• Members

Posted 03 January 2004 - 01:49 PM

good call opening this topci opius, its something that needs thinking about...
as you said the bridge on the little island is less important, and IMO i think we should stick to one each way (no bridge from the little island), however isnt the gap going east from there the biggest to the next island, wont a huge bridge look wierd, or will it be split into two, as i remember seeing that fun world may go there ? sarcasm.gif

Ok bare with me on this next one, but how about scraping the bridge ideagoing horizontal (targets lot) and instead of putting a bridge, put some sort of docks, so you can steal a boat (or pay for the trip?) to the other island, or even build a ferry sort ship, so that the player could drive a car onto it. i know the game physics wont allow the car to be shipped, but i also remember seeing something about clipping objects (i think it was ODIES Berlin video, cars clipped to transporter bored.gif , is is possible to do this, so you drive onto a ferry the car gets clipped, and you get out auto. and then wait for the trip, and unclip the other end.?
-eurgh confused.gif hope this is understandable turn.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2004 - 02:52 PM

On a relevant side note, has anybody else noticed that Run Down That Guy!! has a habit of aiming high and never shooting? From what I've heard (and even seen in GTA:LC), he is notorious for it. I realize that being accounted for is the duty of another thread or two here, I just wanted to throw that in in support of Opius's suggestion to do it there...

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 03 January 2004 - 03:00 PM

Perhaps the lots above and under rdtg's should be expanded, so his lot disappears, and the road can go between them.
The bridge to the north should go on dom0803's lot I think. Then you have the bridge the furthest to the east.
But that's just my idea.

die Catalina die
  • die Catalina die

devil's advocate

• Members

Posted 03 January 2004 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Jan 3 2004, 14:52)
On a relevant side note, has anybody else noticed that Run Down That Guy!! has a habit of aiming high and never shooting? From what I've heard (and even seen in GTA:LC), he is notorious for it. I realize that being accounted for is the duty of another thread or two here, I just wanted to throw that in in support of Opius's suggestion to do it there...

I agree fully. Hell, he has like what? 9 lots? I'm sure he wont full them all, considering he was asking me to make him stuff on msn. I would love to have one or two of those lots to place the bowling alley and club I'm working on.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 03 January 2004 - 04:24 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 03 January 2004 - 04:27 PM.

You are taking lots back ? happy.gif I don't think Run Down That Guy!! need any
lots at all if he's asking other people to build on them for him. Would be better if
people build on them without doing it for him. What's the difference anyway ?

edit: edited some grammar stuff and line length. notify.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2004 - 06:04 PM

hey i gave my lot away to die catalina die on the smaller island i was hoping to grab a space on the more mountanous map up top for a hikers in so d_c_d you can place the bowling alley on my former lot just like you sadi on msn ok

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:39 PM

RDTG's oceanfront lot would be perfect for the westbound bridge since it already has a junction there. Might even be enough room to make something like this there:

user posted image

And seeing as he's got a million lots already, it looks like the Myraid department of transportation will have to commandeer this one. wink.gif

I'm also thinking a tunnel would be nice for that one, so as to allow ships (either imaginary or scripted) access to the industrial area. But that depends on how REspawn has his connection planned.

As for the northern bridge, Dom's would be good with the junction, but since Totter has two next to eachother, perhaps a small strip could be chopped off of one as a 'bridge lot', leaving him with plenty of room to work cuz he has another lot there anyway.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:56 PM

Someone was talking about doing a lift bridge somewhere at some point. is that still on?

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 03 January 2004 - 09:06 PM Edited by ZanderZ, 03 January 2004 - 09:06 PM.

QUOTE (illspirit @ Jan 3 2004, 21:39)
RDTG's oceanfront lot would be perfect for the westbound bridge since it already has a junction there.

Yes, that's what I said tounge.gif

Might even be enough room to make something like this there:

user posted image

Sweeet smile.gif That would be awesome!

And seeing as he's got a million lots already, it looks like the Myraid department of transportation will have to commandeer this one. wink.gif

I'm also thinking a tunnel would be nice for that one, so as to allow ships (either imaginary or scripted) access to the industrial area. But that depends on how REspawn has his connection planned.

Nice idea smile.gif A tunnel would be very nice inderdaad.

As for the northern bridge, Dom's would be good with the junction, but since Totter has two next to eachother, perhaps a small strip could be chopped off of one as a 'bridge lot', leaving him with plenty of room to work cuz he has another lot there anyway.

Yes, good point...

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 03 January 2004 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Jan 3 2004, 22:39)
user posted image

yes! take this RDTG lot...

it looks cool

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:06 AM

DAMN, I WAS DOING THE SAME THING, but, whatever, erm, take it, as a matter of fact, take all my lots, I am gonna work on porting this to PS2 and/or Xbox, Xbox will be the hardest, I might have to split up dffs....

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:10 AM

and in an instant myriad is almost half empty!

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Run down that guy!! @ Jan 4 2004, 11:06)
DAMN, I WAS DOING THE SAME THING, but, whatever, erm, take it, as a matter of fact, take all my lots, I am gonna work on porting this to PS2 and/or Xbox, Xbox will be the hardest, I might have to split up dffs....

No, nearly everything on the XBox version has a different format. Mission scripts are the only things I've got working.

Trust me on this one, this will be PC only.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (Run down that guy!! @ Jan 3 2004, 19:06)

You were doing the same what? Making a bridge? Well, that kinda defeats the purpose of taking the lot then, doesn't it. Got any pics of it yet?

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:16 AM Edited by Opius, 04 January 2004 - 11:38 AM.

Well, here are some screenshots of the bridge I'm working on.
user posted image
user posted image
It's a modified version of the bridge by the golf course. Although I haven't started work on the onramps yet. I don't know whether I'll be able to do them, but I'll try.

[EDIT]@Illspirit : Don't worry, my ISP is paying for it, not me.
Admins can directly edit the HTML of a post, correct?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2004 - 05:57 PM Edited by Cerbera, 30 July 2004 - 08:43 AM.

QUOTE (Opius @ Jan 3 2004, 13:27)
Since it's pretty clear that theres going to be one or more islands added to Myriad, we need to start thinking about where the bridges will go.

user posted image

I'd say that Run Down That Guy's lot to the west could probably go, seeing as how he has heaps of others to work with, and we could take either one of Totters or dom0803's lots from the north.
JasonB's lot to the south is less important, and probably won't need to be touched, but I've included it anyway.

If anyones got any comments on this, or would like to say 'hey, don't take my lot, I'm actually using', reply here.

(made the pic a smaller link thingy so I could read the thread and to save Opius some bandwith -illy)

There isn't much point in designing the new bridge locations until the locations of the other islands - and Funworld - are finalised? dontgetit.gif

(EDIT) This was the last update I got from Illspirit:
user posted image
full version
I sent a PM to respawn weeks ago asking for him to add the coastline for his area to this, but he hasn't done so. He hasn't sent anything to Illspirit either...I don't understand how he can hope to make anything thats going to be convincing if he hasn't actually made any designs for it.

Bramzel
  • Bramzel

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:27 PM

Imho a ferry to one of the islands would be cool. Have a boat (with a collfile that makes it possible to enter it like the San Marco Viale bus) on a path between 2 islands instead of a bridge. That way you couldn't drive there by car, but you could only get there by boat or heli.

Kodo
  • Kodo

www.gtagaming.com

• Members

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:37 PM

There's a ferry from Fun World to land.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 04 January 2004 - 08:41 PM

Nice looking bridge you got ther Opius. If you need any help with the onramps, I can probably lend a hand since I thought I'd be doing them anyway. Or, if RDTG has already started on something, maybe you guys can put 'em together? Or, erm, I dunno, it's kinda hard to tell what's going on 'til we know where REspawn is at.

QUOTE (Cerbera)
I don't understand how he can hope to make anything thats going to be convincing if he hasn't actually made any designs for it.

LOL! How can he hope to make anything convincing? Umm, we are talking about REspawn here, right? Methinks convincing models is the last thing we have to worry about. If anything, we should be more scared that he won't stop at the planned utitlities, landmarks, and such, but instead goes on to make an entire city. tounge2.gif

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:58 PM

Nah. my bridge was boxy, and the on/off ramps were messed up, take the lots, anyways, I GOT A MYRIAD OBJECT INTO VC XBOX!!!

ViperGTS-R
  • ViperGTS-R

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:02 AM Edited by ViperGTS-R, 05 January 2004 - 12:03 AM.

QUOTE (Opius @ Jan 4 2004, 10:16)
Well, here are some screenshots of the bridge I'm working on.
user posted image
user posted image
It's a modified version of the bridge by the golf course. Although I haven't started work on the onramps yet. I don't know whether I'll be able to do them, but I'll try.

[EDIT]@Illspirit : Don't worry, my ISP is paying for it, not me.
Admins can directly edit the HTML of a post, correct?

could you please make a cool suspenson bridge? then 1 it will look cool and 2 we can have a cool sniper mission wink.gif

if you want i can do it?

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:04 AM

I agree, a suspension bridge would be cool, and potentially useful. I'll model it if u want.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:47 AM

I think a suspension bridge would be better suited to the canyon between the two mountains on the new island.

But if everyone makes a bridge, we can use each of them in a different place.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 01:09 AM

The canyon is too small for a suspension bridge, but I have no problem with it going somewhere else.

Also, could someone redesign the second bridge to illsub? The first one is embareassing it.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 January 2004 - 01:15 AM

If I hadn't gone and deleted the sidewalks from that bridge, I could have put mine there.

I think Illspirit should just use the same one, and line it and scale it for the second.

Dom0803
  • Dom0803

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:44 PM Edited by dom0803, 05 January 2004 - 06:48 PM.

I donate my lot. I really don't have much time left for myriad, and I have lost all interest in vice city. Anyone who wants what was to be a few buildings in my lot. PM me.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Jan 4 2004, 20:41)
Nice looking bridge you got ther Opius. If you need any help with the onramps, I can probably lend a hand since I thought I'd be doing them anyway. Or, if RDTG has already started on something, maybe you guys can put 'em together? Or, erm, I dunno, it's kinda hard to tell what's going on 'til we know where REspawn is at.

QUOTE (Cerbera)
I don't understand how he can hope to make anything thats going to be convincing if he hasn't actually made any designs for it.

LOL! How can he hope to make anything convincing? Umm, we are talking about REspawn here, right? Methinks convincing models is the last thing we have to worry about. If anything, we should be more scared that he won't stop at the planned utitlities, landmarks, and such, but instead goes on to make an entire city. tounge2.gif

His district for Vice was pretty damn awful from a layout point of view. Very generic and flat and completely devoid of curves in the roads. Was very unrealistic imho.

I'll send him a reminder about it through PM, so we can at least have some idea how much space he intends to take up out there and can therefore start coming up with layouts for FunWorld. smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 5 2004, 21:22)
QUOTE (illspirit @ Jan 4 2004, 20:41)

QUOTE (Cerbera)

His district for Vice was pretty damn awful from a layout point of view. Very generic and flat and completely devoid of curves in the roads. Was very unrealistic imho.

I'll send him a reminder about it through PM, so we can at least have some idea how much space he intends to take up out there and can therefore start coming up with layouts for FunWorld. smile.gif

I believe illspirit said FunWorld isn't going into Myriad. It's going into VC.

Isn't this a bit late to be talking about layouts ? Personally, I have no idea what layouts you're talking about, if it's the bridges or the islands. I think it would be too late to redesign the islands. Atleast the illcom island. Maby the illsub island. Could be I'm just stupid or something. What are you talking about anyway ?

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 January 2004 - 04:45 AM

There's going to be at least one more island added to Myriad. We won't be redesigning anything we've got now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users