Photo

[REL] Scrap yard & docks

35 replies to this topic
Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 January 2004 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Jan 5 2004, 23:58)
QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 5 2004, 21:53)
I don't see how the jumps from the heaps of scrap in the yard could get you to the windows in the warehouses because of the cutting that the tracks are in, the banks take off too much speed.  Is there a secret technique to it? smile.gif
Yepp, sure is. Mod your bikes to get more mass. To get out of the trucks building, start off with the front wheel on the bike on the ramp leading into the truck trailer. I tried to communicate with DieselGT about lots of issues related to these unique "stunt jumps", like the speed. He wasn't interrested at all. He just said he did it himself on the first try. Bullocks. I couldn't create it as a standard unique stunt jump, so it isn't. It's a FAKE unique stunt jump with all the rules broken.
Not many goods vehicles would be able to use that area because of the steepness and sharpness of them currently! tounge.gif
Exactly. I wrote a PM to DieselGT about this when I tested it. The reply I got was to drive slower. blink.gif Lets see how those cars turn out. When he has created all of them, I say we VOTE if we need all of them or not.

Cerb, you're not meant to jump from the scrapyard. Do like barton said. Barton, if you still can't understand how I can get out the windows with an unmodded bike on my first try, watch this replay. blink.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:35 AM

I just got the new mission script and it became perfectly clear. The scrap mission where you have to blow up cars and then pick of the parts is genious, whose idea was it? Sheer comedy when you carry that exhaust like it's a strap-on! biggrin.gif

What's the little circle with the "Force" bar for, though? Also, will you add a car crusher like there was in GTA3? That way it could be used in a mission from one of the next islands as an excuse to make you use one of the transport methods between the islands, either the lift bridge, standard bridge, tunnel or ferry. smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 6 2004, 12:35)
I just got the new mission script and it became perfectly clear.  The scrap mission where you have to blow up cars and then pick of the parts is genious, whose idea was it?  Sheer comedy when you carry that exhaust like it's a strap-on! biggrin.gif

What's the little circle with the "Force" bar for, though?  Also, will you add a car crusher like there was in GTA3?  That way it could be used in a mission from one of the next islands as an excuse to make you use one of the transport methods between the islands, either the lift bridge, standard bridge, tunnel or ferry. smile.gif

I think I came up with that mission idea myself. DieselGT made the required car parts. And he wanted 5 cars. I wanted 10 cars. But with some modshop addons, you should get as many cars you want. And the wanted levels probably needs some tuning, like no wanted level at all on easy, 2 stars on normal, 3 or 4 stars on hard.

That "Force" bar has nothing to do with DieselGT's lot. It's temporary code for people to test out and complain about. Details:
QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Jan 3 2004, 00:38)
Bowling code in DieselGT's lot. That road there just seemed like a nice lane. Instructions:
1) Go into that sphere.
2) Press and hold your ACTION key to set the force and to get the ball spinning.
3) The goal is to hit that tiny center object thingy.
4) A direct hit gives you 300 points. Max force gives you 100 points. Max rotation gives you 100 points. 500 points is the theoretical maximum. I got 476 during final testing. If you throw the ball off the road, you get 0 points. If you drop the ball on your feets, you scream and get 0 points (scream sound may be added later).

The ball spins and accelerates to the right. This means you must aim slightly to the left (depends on how much rotation you get).

If you don't get it, try for atleast 1 hour before you start asking questions.

Side notes, I didn't think it would turn out this good. It needs some proper objects and a building. smile.gif The road is a tad wider than a normal bowling lane (I think).

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2004 - 09:41 PM Edited by Cerbera, 30 July 2004 - 08:33 AM.

Hey, that really is good Barton. I think I remember someone saying they were making a bowling alley, I forget who though. dontgetit.gif

This was about my eigth attempt, didn't try any more after it. smile.gif
user posted image
1024 x 768

(EDIT) Here's a shot of the traffic signals I've set up for the scrapyard junction onto the freeway:
user posted image
1024 x 768

If Diesel gets in touch with me over MSN we can work out what sort of lights will look best outside the property. I might do the ones in the property as well if he doesn't want to. tounge.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:29 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 07 January 2004 - 10:30 PM.

How about not putting lights in there ?

edit: Seriously, it's a scrap yard Cerbera.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:40 PM Edited by Cerbera, 09 January 2004 - 10:33 PM.

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Jan 7 2004, 22:29)
How about not putting lights in there ?

edit: Seriously, it's a scrap yard Cerbera.

The warehouse section should have lights. Maybe just coronastar effects positioned on little spotlights on the warehouse walls? Diesel would have to make the spotlights, though. blush.gif
Apart from that, the street lamps with balls on the top would look good on the docks because those are the style used by R* in those sorts of places.

One of the tall "floodlight" models in each corner might work pretty well? I really meant whether the lighting on the street outside the warehouse should be differnt the the curved-top style you can see in the right of the image, though. smile.gif

(EDIT) After speaking to Diesel we've agreed to use the 425 style of lamppost for the access roads and the floodlights for the scrapyard. I'll also add a couple of bouys to the surrounding water as this property sticks way out into the water. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users