Photo

[REL] Scrap yard & docks

35 replies to this topic
Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 December 2003 - 03:40 PM

Here we go. Undoubtedly I forgot something in the zip, so the first person to point out if it works or not gets a cookie. A big one.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here are some very messy pics much unlike illy's threads:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Teh Download.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 31 December 2003 - 04:16 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 31 December 2003 - 04:21 PM.

Looks like the dslbox line is no longer needed in the 'object.dat' file. If you do put it in, it will probably crash since your 'dslbox.dff' is no longer included. Your readme still reads
CODE
Date :   December 18th, 2003

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 December 2003 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Dec 31 2003, 16:16)
Looks like the dslbox line is no longer needed in the 'object.dat' file. If you do put it in, it will probably crash since your 'dslbox.dff' is no longer included. Your readme still reads
CODE
Date :   December 18th, 2003

Heh, knew I forgot something. Updated it.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:43 PM

Also, I there is no info about those "car fixing thingies" anywhere or the special super heavy black moped in the truck building.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 December 2003 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Dec 31 2003, 18:43)
Also, I there is no info about those "car fixing thingies" anywhere or the special super heavy black moped in the truck building.

But if I'm not mistaken, those are contained within the mission script which is NOT included with my lot, hence it's your department and not mine. smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2003 - 10:49 PM

What the hell happened? I distinctly remember posting on this already. Then I noticed the date of the first post... Did I step into a time warp of some kind?

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 December 2003 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Dec 31 2003, 22:49)
What the hell happened? I distinctly remember posting on this already. Then I noticed the date of the first post... Did I step into a time warp of some kind?

Not sure... you posted in response a while ago in the PPT, but this is the first stand-alone topic I've had.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 01 January 2004 - 02:29 PM

I guess I should maintain a list of all scripted features available on all the lots. Since I'm writing much of it myself anyway so nobody knows better than me how it works and why it doesn't when it doesn't. And if something doesn't work, it's my fault anyway no matter who wrote it to begin with. Why didn't I think of this earlier. blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif

What did you say then Demarest ? It's kinda hard to keep up with all you posts. About 40 of them per day.

gtakiller
  • gtakiller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2004 - 08:27 PM

hey diesel i have a problem with you stuff.can you give me you illcomNE.ide and illcomNE.col with the installed dockīs please? very very thx smile.gif

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 January 2004 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (gtakiller @ Jan 1 2004, 20:27)
hey diesel i have a problem with you stuff.can you give me you illcomNE.ide and illcomNE.col with the installed dockīs please? very very thx smile.gif

None of my stuff goes in the ide or col. The only changes that are made are telling illcom_c6_r1 to read my dieselcom TXD and renaming or removing the illcom_c6_r1 in the col. Everything else is plug-and-play.

gtakiller
  • gtakiller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2004 - 08:44 PM Edited by gtakiller, 01 January 2004 - 09:04 PM.

when i installed your stuff i delete the illcom_c6_r1 in the illcomNE.col . then i delete illcom_c6_r1.dff from my img and add your dffīs and txdīs . then i copy the diesel file in /data/maps . and make the lines for the diesel file in the gta_vc.dat . then i delete the line
2270, illcom_c6_r1, illcom, 1, 300, 1 and add the new line. then i make a "#" in front of wglass and add the new lines in the object.dat.now i started the game and it crashed but i donīt know why please help

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:05 PM

Check object.dat has no 'dslbox' entry in it. If it does, delete it.

gtakiller
  • gtakiller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:11 PM

in my object.dat isnīt a line with "dslbox"

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:12 PM

Hmmm... did you install anything other than my lot between when it last worked and when it started to crash?

gtakiller
  • gtakiller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:16 PM

no i have installed lazioīs park.illspiritīs police,odieīs berlin mod demo,TRNlīs lot,and chickenpaulkerīs lot

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (gtakiller @ Jan 1 2004, 21:44)
then i make a "#" in front of wglass and add the new lines in the object.dat.now

Funny, I didn't notice that in the readme. I have 2 entries for wglasssmash and it didn't crash. blush.gif

gtakiller
  • gtakiller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:31 PM

hmmm... can you give me your object.dat please or can you say me why my game crash ?

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:44 PM

I know everything except chickenplucker's works. I don't know about his island; maybe an ID number conflicts. If you have moo mapper, launch it with Myriad and "validate all files". Paste the result here.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:55 PM

yes, also chickenpluckers is not a lot nor is it offcial its an island that is the same size as illcom, If it still doesn't install, then

Reinstall the blank myriad file on a CLEAN vice city - no mods (make sure it works)
then install the lots one by one and after each installation test them to see if they work.
the lots are still in beta, and could be conflicting with other things

gtakiller
  • gtakiller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:58 PM Edited by gtakiller, 01 January 2004 - 10:00 PM.

ok i uninstall chickenpluckerīs island and install dieselīs dock`s ok?

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 02 January 2004 - 04:00 AM

Very nice. I cant find the unique jump, though.. confused.gif

This post has been edited by God on Jan 1st 2004, 21:01

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (JBandit @ Jan 2 2004, 05:00)
Very nice. I cant find the unique jump, though.. confused.gif

This quote has been edited by Barton Waterduck on Jan 2nd 2004, (lost my watch)

I'm working on a list of the features of all the lots in Myriad to go with the mission script release.

Go to the north side and look for a DieselGT sign. It's made of glass. Drive through it with a PCJ (or something with a modded engine). If your speed is 20 units or higher, the USJ code kicks in.

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 02 January 2004 - 06:35 PM

OK, gonna go try it. biggrin.gif

_Mike_
  • _Mike_

in a 4G63

• Members

Posted 03 January 2004 - 06:11 PM

Very nice mod, Diesel. Barton ,in your next update of mission script, could you put some parked boats at those docks(maybe a mission?)?

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2004 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (_Mike_ @ Jan 3 2004, 18:11)
Very nice mod, Diesel. Barton ,in your next update of mission script, could you put some parked boats at those docks(maybe a mission?)?

boats are a bore i thought maybe a parked skimmer also there is already a mission for the scrap yard called scrap yard phsyco

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 03 January 2004 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Jan 3 2004, 19:13)
QUOTE (_Mike_ @ Jan 3 2004, 18:11)

boats are a bore i thought maybe a parked skimmer also there is already a mission for the scrap yard called scrap yard phsyco

A bore, maby, but I will try to bring as much variety as possible into my missions. That means there will be a boat mission or two. Was thinking about using DieselGT's docks to park a police boat. Unless somebody creates a building for "water cops".

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 04 January 2004 - 04:12 AM

Responding to a previous post, I have my island with DieselGT's lot (and all the lots relesed to date) and they seem to get along fine together. Nice lot DieselGT, really like those ramps from building to building.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:53 PM Edited by Cerbera, 30 July 2004 - 08:40 AM.

I've finall gotten around to finding fault testing this area. smile.gif

I hope you'll make this as good as the warf areas on the West coast of Little Haiti, with moss and mooring bollards.
user posted image
1024 x 768

These gaps are strange and annoying. The lack of textured detail in there makes them look odd and they are annoying because they don't seem to serve any purpose other than trap stuff! tounge.gif
user posted image
1024 x 768

Sinking these cranes down into the dirt would look a lot better because there'd be no more hovering like this and they would sink into the surface anyway.
user posted image
1024 x 768

I don't see how the jumps from the heaps of scrap in the yard could get you to the windows in the warehouses because of the cutting that the tracks are in, the banks take off too much speed. Is there a secret technique to it? smile.gif
Adding a few more polys to the slopes so that they are more curved would be a good idea, making them longer slopes with a lesser gradient would be better as well. Not many goods vehicles would be able to use that area because of the steepness and sharpness of them currently! tounge.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:03 PM

@cerb, across from where the bike is parked, there is a patch of what looks like concrete with graffiti on it. drive through that, its glass.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:58 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 05 January 2004 - 11:59 PM.

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 5 2004, 21:53)
I don't see how the jumps from the heaps of scrap in the yard could get you to the windows in the warehouses because of the cutting that the tracks are in, the banks take off too much speed.  Is there a secret technique to it? smile.gif
Yepp, sure is. Mod your bikes to get more mass. To get out of the trucks building, start off with the front wheel on the bike on the ramp leading into the truck trailer. I tried to communicate with DieselGT about lots of issues related to these unique "stunt jumps", like the speed. He wasn't interrested at all. He just said he did it himself on the first try. Bullocks. I couldn't create it as a standard unique stunt jump, so it isn't. It's a FAKE unique stunt jump with all the rules broken.
Not many goods vehicles would be able to use that area because of the steepness and sharpness of them currently! tounge.gif
Exactly. I wrote a PM to DieselGT about this when I tested it. The reply I got was to drive slower. blink.gif Lets see how those cars turn out. When he has created all of them, I say we VOTE if we need all of them or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users