» «
Photo

POSTING REQUIREMENTS

7 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2003 - 03:09 PM Edited by Demarest, 29 December 2003 - 03:10 PM.

Recently, there have been an abundance of threads started with "I have this problem. Why?" and nothing more. Without information of any kind, it would be hard to help at all. Often, people will ask questions to test others or just to put the word out to as many sources as possible and see who answers first. This activity will not only damage the performance of the boards for all of us, it will also water down the value of those who have real issues and are really interested in solving their problems. And so, I've locked such topics and invited them to repost them only when they are ready to provide whatever info is necessary. This will deter those previously mentioned and help to surface those that are genuine.

So rather than put everybody through such paces, I will instead make this pinned topic to outline what's expected. This should help calm any frustration one might feel in finding their topic locked "for no reason." First check the other topics here. After that, we need to know:

-Hardware: rarely important unless you're dealing with non-GTA related issues already happening on your PC. However, CPU speed, amount of RAM, and video card can be helpful.

-Software: we don't need to know which version of which drivers you're using (try to ensure they're current first). But Operating System (OS, as in Windows) and Direct X versions can make for a good start. Note that antivirus will always slow a machine down and should always be tried off first.

-History: is this your first install? Did it work once before? Anything that is relevant.

-Modifications: belong in Editing Discussion, not here. If you are using mods and having issues, install GTA3 in a different location and see if that unmodded version works. If so, your issue is in your mods. If not, you're welcome to post here.

Hopefully, this will clear things up. Any suggestions are welcome. Try to keep the spam out though. smile.gif Thank you.

punk_rocker128
  • punk_rocker128

Forum Moderator

• Members

Posted 30 December 2003 - 08:30 AM

Very good thorough post, Demarest. But may I ask a question?

What if you do a fresh install and the problem is still there, so you install all your mods. Then are you allowed to post here?

If not, then please lock my thread I posted. I would rather have it locked than get a star for not obeying the rules sad.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2003 - 12:11 PM

Yeah, stick to unmodded GTA3 for troubleshooting. Once you get it sorted, THEN add the mods smile.gif

punk_rocker128
  • punk_rocker128

Forum Moderator

• Members

Posted 30 December 2003 - 09:29 PM Edited by punk_rocker128, 30 December 2003 - 09:29 PM.

If your going to make a thread about a slow game, close all programs first, then play your game.

(In Windows 98)

• 1.) Press CTRL+ALT+DEL
  • 2.) Close all running programs besides 'EXPLORER' and 'SYSTRAY'

(In Windows XP)

• 1.) Press CTRL+ALT+DEL
  • 2.) Click on the 'Processes' tab.
  • 1.) Delete all running processes assigned under your Windows Profile name besides 'EXPLORER'. Dont delete any that are for 'SYSTEM' unless you know what you're doing.

Run Disk Defragmenter, also. It is found by this method. I use a program called 'Diskeeper'. It is much better than the standard Windows Disk Defragmenter. It is availible at

• 1.) Click START
  • Click PROGRAMS
  • Click ACCESSORIES
  • Click SYSTEM TOOLS
  • Click 'Disk Defragmenter'
  • Follow the on-screen directions

Disk Cleanup may also have an effect on your game. It is found by this method.

• 1.) Click START
  • Click PROGRAMS
  • Click ACCESSORIES
  • Click SYSTEM TOOLS
  • Click 'Disk Cleanup'
  • Follow the on-screen directions
this website.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2003 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for trying to help, punk. But there is already a pinned topic with common fixes, etc. This thread is SOLELY for outlining the posting requirements for issues and any discussion about the requirements themselves.

airbusa380
  • airbusa380

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:01 PM Edited by adamcs, 16 July 2006 - 03:13 PM.

Don't Listin To That Crap!

User temp-banned.

goodiesguy
  • goodiesguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

Will GTA:III Work On An "ATI Mobility Radeon 16MB" Onboard Video Card? Im Using A Compaq Evo n410c Laptop With 383MB Ram 1.2Ghz Cpu Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

Mena__99
  • Mena__99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

Hey ... i lost a file "sfx.raw 77mb i guess" could anybody plz plz upload it ... it doesn't wanna be downloaded from CD .. i guess my CD is no longer new -.- and like all torrents are no longer working ... i will really appreciate it if u guys just uploaded it on megaupload or something plz , it wound take much time from you .. ok thanks smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users