Photo

[REL|BETA] Madison's Wreck and Repair, and Fuk+Yu

49 replies to this topic
TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 10 January 2004 - 11:37 PM

Welp cerb's pissed at me cause i didnt take the advice he wanted to offer, so I dont have to pretend to take his advice anymore. I'm finishing the inside as we speak, i should be posting some nice little in-games soon. There's some office space inside, as well as possibly the storage garage you can save your cars in, i might move that to the parking garage as a lock-up type thing. dunno yet. There's a waiting area with vending machines and stuff. bathrooms and such. If i move the storage to the roof, then the repair area will be accessable, if not then it would just be fore storage purposes. If anyone has a suggestion for somthing they'd like to see, concerning mission code feel free to suggest. I'll be adding my lifts, as featured in deisel gt's lot, imma clean them up a bit because those were my earlier lifts, and didnt take much time to make.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 11 January 2004 - 01:29 AM

...storage garage you can save your cars in...repair area...mission code...I'll be adding my lifts, as featured in deisel gt's lot...
If you want a scripted car saving garage, then there are no limits to the amount of cars you can have in it. Every lot in Myriad can have scripted car saving garages without any problems. If you want a standard car saving garage, then there are limits.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 11 January 2004 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (TRN4L @ Jan 10 2004, 23:37)
Welp cerb's pissed at me cause i didnt take the advice he wanted to offer, so I dont have to pretend to take his advice anymore. I'm finishing the inside as we speak, i should be posting some nice little in-games soon. There's some office space inside, as well as possibly the storage garage you can save your cars in, i might move that to the parking garage as a lock-up type thing. dunno yet. There's a waiting area with vending machines and stuff. bathrooms and such. If i move the storage to the roof, then the repair area will be accessable, if not then it would just be fore storage purposes. If anyone has a suggestion for somthing they'd like to see, concerning mission code feel free to suggest. I'll be adding my lifts, as featured in deisel gt's lot, imma clean them up a bit because those were my earlier lifts, and didnt take much time to make.

Actually I was pissed at the IPL's and, indirectly, at Odie because the game kept crashing. Turned out to be because of an overhaul on one of his properties but I only found out after blocking you. That was the reason for my irritability, anyway. blush.gif

Barton, we were thinking of having a bombshop on this property too. Would you be able to do that? Or TRN? I can't work out whether TRN knows how to code in SCM or not, he's saying that he wants to make storage garaged but I don't know if he means model and code, or just model. smile.gif

As for the storage garage itself, do they have to be cuboid with the walls pointing north, south, east, west and vertical? Or can they be set up by using a co-ord for each of the eight corners, which would as long as the walls are straight? Same thing with the bombshop, does it have to be a regular shape?

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2004 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 10 2004, 17:52)

Either you havn't added a reference in "gta-vc.dat" to the IPL ............

thats exactly what the problem was... my mistake, thanx again Cerbera cookie.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 12 January 2004 - 11:02 PM

What is the link to this mod's update?

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:32 AM

aint realeased it, im still gettin all the modeling done.

innovacious
  • innovacious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:45 PM

wow, this is starting to look pretty good, keep it up

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 11 2004, 15:07)
As for the storage garage itself, do they have to be cuboid with the walls pointing north, south, east, west and vertical? Or can they be set up by using a co-ord for each of the eight corners, which would as long as the walls are straight? Same thing with the bombshop, does it have to be a regular shape?

There are some commands (opcodes) for angled cubes and areas, so the walls can go in any direction. Angled garages is not a problem.

Star_Enterprise
  • Star_Enterprise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:10 PM

it really really really looks good
i cant wait for a release
but take your time i can wait

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:55 PM

Definantly looking foward to V2. Don't forget to add some vertex lighting, the buildings don't have easily recongnisable corners.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 16 January 2004 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Jan 14 2004, 13:55)
Definantly looking foward to V2. Don't forget to add some vertex lighting, the buildings don't have easily recongnisable corners.

Environmental lighting from the street lights, any floodlight objects I/we place and perhaps some coronastar effects from the IPL could work pretty well? I'm going to be learning about the lighting effects over the next week or two, hopefully. smile.gif

Whilst banned from the PC I made a couple of (very) rough sketches about possible layouts for the rooms but I'll wait to see where TRN is at with it to see if tidying them up would be worthwhile or not.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 16 January 2004 - 02:57 PM

Weird. Cerb's post right above mine isn't showing up in the topic view yet. dontgetit.gif

Anyhow, TRNL about those corners and pre-lighting... Dunno why I never mentioned this before to ya, but to get good pre-lit corners it works best if you split all the perpendicular faces off before adding the vertex color modifier. Easiest way to do this is to select all the north/south walls' faces and detach them, then do the east/west walls the same, and finally the top and bottom faces. After they're all detached, reattch them all together, but don't weld the vertices. Leaving 90 angles welded together makes Max pretty much treat the normal for that corner as a face at 45. In other words, it blends the lighting together from each side instead of having a well defined edge.

However the with the rounded building, you can leave all the wall faces welded so it blends smooothly, only detaching the roof, floor, and faces at sharp angles such as inside the door frames.

Oh yea, and while you've still got faces split off into seperate objects, it's a perfect time to go through and re-weld any renegade faces. such as the top of the L-shaped bit of wall just before the ramp going up to that parking deck thingy. smile.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:50 PM

I think you mentioned a while back when we only had the one topic for this. Rather obscure though.

Also, make sure you actually tell the DFF exporter to export the vertex lighting. Drove me insane trying to figure out why none of my models were lit.

Star_Enterprise
  • Star_Enterprise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:00 PM

is there an update
cause i cant wait till the release
(but dont rush, then the chance is great it will be screwed up)

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 January 2004 - 07:40 PM

Edited

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 07:57 AM

OK people, sorry for the lack of updates but i've been hella busy with a million other projects, and trips to visit art schools biggrin.gif , but I stayed up late tonite and i just have to model the stalls and sinks for the bathrooms, and i gotta get the mission script banded out by ghostmast/barton (that'll be fun colgate.gif ) and a some basic moo mapper stuff like vending machines and seats/desks, then i'm all done, so give it till the end of the week for the model, and maybe a bit longer for the mssion code to be done. The model is clean and prepped, prelighting is pretty much done, just gotta light what few extra things i add to the scene. i'll add pics in the morning. sory if i'm rambling its late and i'm tired whatsthat.gif suicidal.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:46 PM

Edited

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:52 PM

I was talking about scripted garages and parking lots with unlimited cars, but unless it will be for only one lot, it will take up too much space in the mission script (the MAIN part of it) and if you can see more than 5 scripted cars at a time (like, if you're near more than 5 scripted cars at a time), the randomly generated traffic on the streets (controlled by the exe) disappears. This is a VC only thing (gta 3 didn't have it) and I have no idea how to get around it. From what I've heard, it's like this with the original mission script (and the original mission) too. However, I'm sure the opcode 03C5 (create_random_car_for_carpark) can be used to create random parked cars scattered all over the place without any problems. I will test this opcode later.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:38 PM

Edited

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 11 2004, 12:52)
I was talking about scripted garages and parking lots with unlimited cars, but unless it will be for only one lot, it will take up too much space in the mission script (the MAIN part of it) and if you can see more than 5 scripted cars at a time (like, if you're near more than 5 scripted cars at a time), the randomly generated traffic on the streets (controlled by the exe) disappears. This is a VC only thing (gta 3 didn't have it) and I have no idea how to get around it. From what I've heard, it's like this with the original mission script (and the original mission) too. However, I'm sure the opcode 03C5 (create_random_car_for_carpark) can be used to create random parked cars scattered all over the place without any problems. I will test this opcode later.

From my work on the marina carpark mod for VC, I know that random traffic also dissapears when there are more than 7 "create_car" vehicles present in the game. They don't have to be visible to you ...
Random traffic re-appears when when the cars are removed from the game.

just my $0.02

4242: greeting_from $PatrickW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users