» «
Photo

[REL|BETA] Madison's Wreck and Repair, and Fuk+Yu

49 replies to this topic
TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:01 PM Edited by TRN4L, 24 December 2003 - 01:45 AM.

here ya go, ask any questions here. and please leave as many ideas and suggestions as you can think of.

DOWNLOAD LINK

EDIT: alright its uploaded, and just remember this IS a beta! and you need the NEWEST version of winrar. if it stil doesnt extract for most people lemmie know and ill turn it into a zip.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:02 PM Edited by caponester, 23 December 2003 - 11:06 PM.

i'll install straightaway!

edit: ok is this a joke? couches dff and dealership.txd are the only things the rar archive contains.... plus i cant even extract them....

popa_jacks
  • popa_jacks

New Zealander

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:40 AM

Sounds great, screenshot?

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:49 AM

Good job!
xmas.gif

I hate 56k cryani.gif

Kodo
  • Kodo

www.gtagaming.com

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 02:09 AM

A screenshot would be appreciated biggrin.gif

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 02:12 AM

i'm outta server space, so i'd appriciate it if someone would put some screens up

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:29 AM

Use WS_FTP client and send it one of those remote hosting sites. THats what Rk does. colgate.gif

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 09:20 AM Edited by ODIE, 24 December 2003 - 09:30 AM.

looks good, but look into your collfile, what is this ??

- sign, ok, 20 Faces, but you can do this with one collbox.

- Building1 its build of grass ?

- bars, 1568 Faces and 30444 Bytes for these polders?? Terrible !

- Poster, 1927 Faces for a plain? Too much, will crash on much systems.

- dealersign, 1280 Faces for a thing, that can do with two collboxes and takes under 100 bytes not 30964 Bytes.

- lift, 1020 Faces, some collboxes can do this.

- couches, desk, why do the mirrored parts under ground have colldatas, how can we collide under ground. Also 1220 and 974 Faces, you can do this also with a few collboxes.

This collfile is not beta, on the best it will be an early alpha. Rebuild this immediately, or we run out of ploygones, faster as we want. Each collface will take so much performance, then hundrets of visible faces, so its important to build small collfiles. You can solve 200.000 bytes for minimum on rebuilding.

DONT MAKE COLLFILES WITH MORE THEN 1200 FACES !!
How often must i say this, it will work on some systems and cause crashes on most systems and everyone wonder whats happend.

Texturefiles: Make your textures 8bit, this will take about 4 MB, not 16 MB. Use 32bit only on highcolored textures and maybe on´textures with alphas.

Sorry for my critic, but i think this files are to early for a beta. We can only build a matching communityproject, if anyone solves space and performance for the other modders.

greetings

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 10:32 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 24 December 2003 - 10:40 AM.

QUOTE (ODIE @ Dec 24 2003, 10:20)
looks good, but look into your collfile, what is this ??

- sign, ok, 20 Faces, but you can do this with one collbox.

- Building1 its build of grass ?

- bars, 1568 Faces and 30444 Bytes for these polders?? Terrible !

- Poster, 1927 Faces for a plain? Too much, will crash on much systems.

- dealersign, 1280 Faces for a thing, that can do with two collboxes and takes under 100 bytes not 30964 Bytes.

- lift, 1020 Faces, some collboxes can do this.

- couches, desk, why do the mirrored parts under ground have colldatas, how can we collide under ground. Also 1220 and 974 Faces, you can do this also with a few collboxes.

This collfile is not beta, on the best it will be an early alpha. Rebuild this immediately, or we run out of ploygones, faster as we want. Each collface will take so much performance, then hundrets of visible faces, so its important to build small collfiles. You can solve 200.000 bytes for minimum on rebuilding.

DONT MAKE COLLFILES WITH MORE THEN 1200 FACES !!
How often must i say this, it will work on some systems and cause crashes on most systems and everyone wonder whats happend.

Texturefiles: Make your textures 8bit, this will take about 4 MB, not 16 MB. Use 32bit only on highcolored textures and maybe on´textures with alphas.

Sorry for my critic, but i think this files are to early for a beta. We can only build a matching communityproject, if anyone solves space and performance for the other modders.

greetings

ye, give them hell ODIE. biggrin.gif

Maby we could create a list of the total amount of polys used with every mod in Myriad. Maby a Top 100 stability list. biggrin.gif

edit: I hope this isn't another scrap yard. DieselGT's already created a (s)crap yard and a car repair (what's the word) workshop. I don't think Myriad needs more than one.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 10:40 AM

yeah, like illspirit do on his Policestation (readme).

Its much work to count and list every object, but it will give us a good overview about the polycount of the complete mod and about useless overpolygoning (nice word).

I wont give him the hell and make him depressive smile.gif , it should be constructiv critic...

greetings

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2003 - 12:14 PM Edited by caponester, 24 December 2003 - 03:23 PM.

can this please be turned into a zip i have the newest winrar and all files in the rar are corrupt cryani.gif

edit: ok i redownloaded and did what your readme says however my game now stalls whenever i approach there is also no working col file and have of it is underground also the lands dff's are not in rar i mean wtf?????? you tell us to delete them but you dont give us anything to replace maybe i miss something if so correct me plz but this has messed my game up totaly..... turn.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Dec 24 2003, 12:14)
can this please be turned into a zip i have the newest winrar and all files in the rar are corrupt cryani.gif

edit: ok i redownloaded and did what your readme says however my game now stalls whenever i approach there is also no working col file and have of it is underground also the lands dff's are not in rar i mean wtf?????? you tell us to delete them but you dont give us anything to replace maybe i miss something if so correct me plz but this has messed my game up totaly..... turn.gif

I assume this is because he failed to include any replacements for the "illcom_c2_r3" and "illcom_c3_r3" DFF's which the readme tells you to delete. Because of this, "data\maps\illcomNW\illcomNW.ide" has references to these two files but they don't exist. turn.gif

I havn't installed this fully yet because if he left this out of the readme, then maybe he left some other crucial stuff out? TRN, it's always worth spending two hours making a detailed readme file because it means you're release thread won't be full of people going "You f*cking suck! it h4x0r3d my game! It a v1ru5!" biggrin.gif

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:54 PM Edited by _punK noodleS_, 24 December 2003 - 05:58 PM.

edit: ok i redownloaded and did what your readme says however my game now stalls whenever i approach there is also no working col file and have of it is underground also the lands dff's are not in rar i mean wtf?????? you tell us to delete them but you dont give us anything to replace maybe i miss something if so correct me plz but this has messed my game up totaly..... 

me too. (hollar if you need a backup with all the stuff in it besides this and sr land)

pickies biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

and what it should look like (moomaper)

user posted image

i personaly have no clue what the hell is happening dontgetit.gif

help sad.gif please smile.gif

[edit]sory for the crap qualities but at least they load very fast biggrin.gif

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 06:07 PM Edited by TRN4L, 24 December 2003 - 06:14 PM.

ok people i screwed up. i forgot to update the rar when i uploaded it. the beta was tested by someone and he pointed out what i forgot. i updated the folder but not the rar file. its uploaded now, so get the new file and install. SORRY ABOUT THIS. first map mod i've actually release and i was in a rush to package. and yes i know about the uneccusary col info. i will be fixing this VERY soon, thats why its an early release... the new download is available at the same place. just keep in mind i'm no map modder, i make cars LD
EDIT: this is a dealership and auto repair. my repair place was developed waaay before diesels.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 06:10 PM

Just a quick note - if you've already downloaded this, you have to use the "Save As" dialogue to give it a new name. smile.gif

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (ODIE @ Dec 24 2003, 10:20)

/me agrees. /me thinks 32bit textures are unneccesary most of the time.
Sorry, but I won't install it until it's smaller. Huge things like this could crash Myriad and I don't want that sad.gif

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 11:02 PM Edited by TRN4L, 24 December 2003 - 11:04 PM.

OK i've been doing some major optimizing, which i wasnt planning on doing till the final release, but hey, you wanted it so you got it. I've got each TXD down to 1MB EACH!!! (DX compression) the COL is down to 64KB as well, no more uneccussary faces, well almost. the RAR file is down to 1.5 MB as well. If there are any other optimizations anyone deems necessary let me know. as i said this is the first thing i let out of my inner circle so be gentle.

EDIT: the link is the same, at the top of the page...

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 11:07 PM

That are great values... i love it !! inlove.gif

greetings

_Mike_
  • _Mike_

in a 4G63

• Members

Posted 03 January 2004 - 06:17 PM

Could you please make the download in zip format.The download stops at about halfway and gets corrupted... dozingoff.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:35 PM

Ever since I installed your mod, random models in Myriad get f*cked up, and stretch outand sh*t. Even after I uninstalled it. confused.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 08:46 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 12 October 2004 - 12:31 PM.

I've finally gotten around to installing this, so here's some shots of the bits I disagree with or just plain don't like. smile.gif

There's a serious case of object overkill on this property, not least with the lights. I've volunteered to do the street lighting for the whole of Myriad as the streets aren't part of anyone's properties as such. It also means that the whole of the Myriad road network will be using the same conventions.
user posted image
1024 x 768

These parking spaces are unusably small. If you changed the layout so you had parking along the north and south edges instead of the east and west it might work?
user posted image
1024 x 768

There's gaps like this all over the property. Some really bad placement of objects in the south-east area. Were you only working to the nearest metre for placing buildings? tounge.gif
user posted image
1024 x 768

Havn't built the second storey yet? Judging by the reflection floor technique you used below, you just havn't figure out what sort of floor the upper section should have?
user posted image
1024 x 768

The gaps between the walls are unsightly and the posters here are actualy on top of each other. There's a couple of gaps so big you can run through them and the fence isn't on the edge of the property. Maybe that's so it creates a dingy alleyway to the East, but it cuts onto the pavement on the south boundary.
user posted image
1024 x 768

A fairly lame jump, but it's enough to get a 360. What about if you add the second storey to the showroom, though? dontgetit.gif
user posted image
1024 x 768

I like the floodlights (reminded me that I'd missed them in my street lighting thread) but there are just too many of them! Just having fun adding sh*t from generic.ide, weren't you? biggrin.gif
user posted image
1024 x 768

Also, the col surfaces didn't match the textured surface in many places, such as the car park. Looks like gravel but it doesn't throw up gravely stuff or make the special sound. Pain in the arse to set them all up because it's face by face unless you split the col up specially.
There's no glass or anything at all in the windows. No doors either, but a huge doorway. Staircase is nice but there's no handrail at the top and the bottom isn't boxed in at all. Might be cool to change the steps into slats, then it would become a real focal point as it would be so much more stylish. cool.gif

(EDIT) Bloody hell, that reads like a really harsh post! It's so critical because that's my modding style, it's just meant to point out stuff that could be improved. Meaning it's not meant to try and piss you off. blush.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 11:15 PM

I just love to read detailed posts like this. I don't have to worry about anything if I download something. Great work Cerbera.

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 11:29 PM Edited by TRN4L, 08 January 2004 - 12:12 AM.

yea, i'm adding the 2nd storey as we speak, and yes the 2nd floor's flooring is quite confusing because it wont be as stunning as the first (when i get the transparency right) any how, the whole reason i threw junk out for release is that i was in desperate need of feedback and ideas. i'm suffering here in terms of lack of vision and idea. I'm open to all sorts of suggestions. and yes parking is scarece, imma jack one of my more idle neghbors lots to solve that issue. I also need ideas for detailing too, i'm pretty stuck on that one, and yea i added one too many flood lamp, wasnt a bad idea at the time, but when i started remodeling they became a bad idea. if anyone can offer some serious idea help here, i'd be grateful. its the only thing holding me from finishing.

EDIT: and that blue fence is a recycled construction barrier R* left from GTA3 i think. the one that was blocking the tunnel, i aint sure. but anyhow it wont make the final cut either.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 08 January 2004 - 01:16 PM Edited by Cerbera, 08 January 2004 - 10:26 PM.

QUOTE (TRN4L @ Jan 7 2004, 23:29)
yea, i'm adding the 2nd storey as we speak, and yes the 2nd floor's flooring is quite confusing because it wont be as stunning as the first (when i get the transparency right) any how, the whole reason i threw junk out for release is that i was in desperate need of feedback and ideas. i'm suffering here in terms of lack of vision and idea. I'm open to all sorts of suggestions. and yes parking is scarece, imma jack one of my more idle neghbors lots to solve that issue. I also need ideas for detailing too, i'm pretty stuck on that one, and yea i added one too many flood lamp, wasnt a bad idea at the time, but when i started remodeling they became a bad idea. if anyone can offer some serious idea help here, i'd be grateful. its the only thing holding me from finishing.

EDIT: and that blue fence is a recycled construction barrier R* left from GTA3 i think. the one that was blocking the tunnel, i aint sure. but anyhow it wont make the final cut either.

Grab me on MSN if you can. I'm and endless source of ideas and double up as a solid wall to bounce your own concepts off. smile.gif

Oh, and cheers Barton. Good to know my efforts are appreciated! biggrin.gif

(EDIT) Here's a couple of ideas I've thrown towards TRN
during our lengthy discussions over MSN today. They aren't pretty but they get the point across.

Altering the car parking to this retains the L-shaped driveway whilst allowed lots of customers to park.
user posted image
full version

This is my initial idea to use a drive-thru type feature to access the rear, rather than making a third entrance onto the street. Will also give it a more "staff only" feel. smile.gif
user posted image
full version

Some terracing of the land behind allows us to have garages. Big one is a bombshop so you can blow up buses and stuff if need be. rolleyes.gif
user posted image
full version

This is the new building TRN made whilst we were taking a break from discussions. I've added a hole in the top because I think having the ramp between the levels inside the building would create a much more interesting piece of architecture than having it outside. Also, this should create an epic "Unique Stunt" as well.
user posted image
full version

The little garage we want to have as a storage garage, as we intend this property to be one which you aquire by stealing certain types of vehicle and delivering them, just like with Sunshine Autos. Yeah, it's not original but it does make sense. smile.gif
I sure hope no-one else is making a car dealership because this one is just going to wipe the floor with them! biggrin.gif

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 09 January 2004 - 05:48 PM

alrighty, the exterior is pretty much modeled. i just got a few more things to add on the outside, then ill work an interior model, which will probably be in the interior world with some cheese showroom music or somthing.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 09 January 2004 - 06:04 PM Edited by Cerbera, 09 January 2004 - 08:24 PM.

QUOTE (TRN4L @ Jan 9 2004, 17:48)
alrighty, the exterior is pretty much modeled. i just got a few more things to add on the outside, then ill work an interior model, which will probably be in the interior world with some cheese showroom music or somthing.

You can't have the showroom as an interior, it's got windows. Can't you? dontgetit.gif

(EDIT) Some screenshots of the new stuff TRN has made are due. smile.gif

The wooden jump now gets you onto the ledge of the roof rather than right over it. Wall ride using a bike is much fun:
user posted image
1024 x 768

Here's the jump from the first ramp which leads into the new building at the rear:
user posted image
1024 768

Here's the jump from the ramp inside the construction at the rear:
user posted image
1024 768

Much fun. cool.gif

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 09 January 2004 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 9 2004, 19:04)
QUOTE (TRN4L @ Jan 9 2004, 17:48)

You can't have the showroom as an interior, it's got windows. Can't you? dontgetit.gif

Well, remember the Scarface apartment? (Apartment 3c I believe it's called)
It has a window, but it is an interior. Or at least, I think it is. Don't know much about mission scripting, but you walk through the door, get a black screen and then you're inside...

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:40 PM

first off i want to say thanx to all the Myriad modders, you have done an amazing job with this project. now a couple of questions for Cerbera, after i installed this lot all i get on the lot is the "L" shaped building with the reflective floor and cylindrical staircase and the carpark, i get no floodlights or any of the other stuff like the "fuk yu" sign and the various bits of furniture and tree's or that building with the satelite dishes that i see in your pictures. are these actually included in the "trnlot1.rar" file? or have i installed it wrong? or is there another file i need to download?. as i have had no problems installing any of the other lots.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 10 January 2004 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Jan 10 2004, 16:40)
first off i want to say thanx to all the Myriad modders, you have done an amazing job with this project. now a couple of questions for Cerbera, after i installed this lot all i get on the lot is the "L" shaped building with the reflective floor and cylindrical staircase and the carpark, i get no floodlights or any of the other stuff like the "fuk yu" sign and the various bits of furniture and tree's or that building with the satelite dishes that i see in your pictures. are these actually included in the "trnlot1.rar" file? or have i installed it wrong? or is there another file i need to download?. as i have had no problems installing any of the other lots.

Either you havn't added a reference in "gta-vc.dat" to the IPL, or TRN has update the download with the cleaned-up IPL. You should ask about this in the "Myriad Help Thread" rather than the release threads, so that everyone who has a problem can just look there for solutions. smile.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:00 PM

sorry cerbera, i was just posting here because my question concerned this topic, i will attempt to follow forum etiquette in future..........thanx for your help and keep up the great work rah.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users