Police station & hospital [REL]

28 replies to this topic
illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 23 December 2003 - 01:41 AM

Ahoy,

First release of the police station/hospital complex I've been working on. The interior for the hospital's not done yet, but at least by releasing this, Barton's cop misisons will make more sense, and it'll give the island some more buildings. The hospital should be finished soon enough though, and upgrading to it should be as simple as swapping and adding a couple of models/cols. Screenshots (click to enlarge):

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Download here.

If anyone has any framerate problems with this, give a shout. I've just got the interior sitting inside the building with no load screen right now. But if it's too choppy, it could be made into a proper interior.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2003 - 02:00 AM Edited by ..::WHAT!?, 23 December 2003 - 02:13 AM.

Those screenies look nice! It puts the Vice City police station to shame. Excellent work as always. wink.gif

I also like the layout.

EDIT: By the way... the police station looks a lot like the one you made for the Intercity Highway for GTA3. Is that the same building with some modification done to it?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 December 2003 - 02:10 AM Edited by Cerbera, 30 July 2004 - 08:51 AM.

LODs are good. Here's a replay of some fairly straightforward fun you can have with the hospital section: replay in RAR archive

The underground carpark is a bit bare. I was hoping there would be atmospheric, shadowy prelighting, with lights set up in the object list files (IDE/IPL). Maybe a later version will have this? smile.gif

(EDIT) No slowdown and it's pretty neat (if bare) inside. It does have a rather dissapointing case of thin-wall-syndrome:
user posted image
1024 x 768

Kodo
  • Kodo

www.gtagaming.com

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:30 AM

First I just want to say that you really DO put the VCPD to shame. From your beta to this...it's incredible. There is so much attention to detail and I love it. Every room is unique and looks great!

Then I want to get to a funky texture problem I have. The texture for the parking spaces, the underground car park, and the front sign are all just a solid beige color. I did the 'put the txd at the bottom and rebuild' trick, but no deal. What's up? dozingoff.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:04 AM Edited by Cerbera, 23 December 2003 - 09:04 AM.

QUOTE (Kodo @ Dec 23 2003, 08:30)
First I just want to say that you really DO put the VCPD to shame. From your beta to this...it's incredible. There is so much attention to detail and I love it. Every room is unique and looks great!

Then I want to get to a funky texture problem I have. The texture for the parking spaces, the underground car park, and the front sign are all just a solid beige color. I did the 'put the txd at the bottom and rebuild' trick, but no deal. What's up?  dozingoff.gif

I just dumped everything word-for-word where the readme said (after filtering out typos wink.gif ) like the good boy that I am and it all worked fine. My only criticisms of this mod are a handful of gameplay niggles and visual niceties. The mission that goes with it ise grand, but mission discussion goes elsewhere I think. smile.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:39 AM

Amazing work Illy! I had high expectations for this, and although its just a beta now, it's already far surpassed them. Amazing attention to detail, excellent mapping, everything fits well.

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:57 AM

Excellent work as always. Im in love with the underground car park for some reason. Detail all over is class. Nice work

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (REspawn @ Dec 23 2003, 11:57)
Excellent work as always. Im in love with the underground car park for some reason. Detail all over is class. Nice work

I second what RE said. Although for me, the cop station doesn't want to switch from the LOD dontgetit.gif

Re Crypt
  • Re Crypt

You jush wash thish !

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Kodo @ Dec 23 2003, 09:30)
First I just want to say that you really DO put the VCPD to shame. From your beta to this...it's incredible...

Iīd say contact Rockstar North and ask if theyīre intrested in developing an expansion pack made in cooperation with us... Then, when itīs ready, it could have a proper advertising campaign plus to get it selled to people who pay 30 $ ( 29 Euros ) for our sh*t biggrin.gif . I mean, this is way better then the original city, if every lot could be the same like this having plenty of missions and things like hidden packages, unique jumps and rampages. I think that with a strong storyline and custom streetnames, car names and a custom city with the usual GTA Thing like Gangs etc. some people really want to pay for having it... Because this really looks like developing an Expansion Pack for GTA... Do I hear Playstation 2 and XBox ? Anyone ?

Anyways, this is really cool... I didnīt believe at first it was a beta... Hereīs a cookie.gif ! wink.gif

LazioFreak
  • LazioFreak

VC Mapper

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 01:14 PM

Great police station! wink.gif
But I have a problem. sad.gif I have every file for Myriad Island, but the game sometimes (how to say in english) "hangs up" or "makes ping". This happens only if I'm near the little island. If I'm in ODIES part or in my park, the game runs without any problem. confused.gif
Maybe I removed VC wrong. I made it per hand.

die Catalina die
  • die Catalina die

devil's advocate

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 01:25 PM

Wow, what can I say that hasn't already been said? Superb detail. It was like a nice lil surprise at each corner. smile.gif I'm having a problem though as I find myself walking down underground. I'm sure that's a problem I had with installing the underground carpark part.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2003 - 02:27 PM

Wowzers! The star on front of the "domed" glass is simply stunning.
Demarest adds illspirit to the list of mapping kings of ODIE and REspawn

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2003 - 03:35 PM Edited by caponester, 23 December 2003 - 05:25 PM.

im having a lod problem im sure i read somewhere another person was having the same problem sad.gif im sure i can fix it though
user posted image

edit: to fix this simply place illpolice.txd at the bottom of the img archive and rebuild smile.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:11 AM

Took long enough you sloth. wow.gif wink.gif j/k

Looks good. Downloading as I write. xmas.gif cookie.gif xmas.gif

scarface_refugee
  • scarface_refugee

GTA:LC Fan

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:19 AM

They look very nice. Good job on the Station.

Kodo
  • Kodo

www.gtagaming.com

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Dec 23 2003, 09:27)
Wowzers! The star on front of the "domed" glass is simply stunning.
Demarest adds illspirit to the list of mapping kings of ODIE and REspawn

Don't tell me you *just* now added him? tounge.gif

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 09:47 AM

Illpirit: like allways... GOOD WORK smile.gif !!

Demarest: i cant belive... Illspirit was the first one how imported a custom object into the game

this historical thread...

Without him (and steves collmakers) i wouldnt able to build any mod and release the famous Stunt-Park, so please write, that you have added ODIE and REspawn to the list of mapping king of Illspirit smile.gif

greetings

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 24 December 2003 - 11:41 AM

Awesome work Illspirit, what more can I say? xmas.gif

Will it have prelit vertices in the final version? You (or Barton) should place the mission trigger inside the building, so people can visit or leave it without starting the cop school. And the clothes pickup is visible from outside, should be moved a little bit.

QUOTE (ODIE @ Dec 24 2003, 10:47)
Illspirit was the first one how imported a custom object into the game
But I was the first one who made a custom object (my loop) that really worked! tounge.gif biggrin.gif
Are there any other threads of historical significance I don't know? This is interesting... wink.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2003 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (ODIE @ Dec 24 2003, 04:47)
Illpirit: like allways... GOOD WORK smile.gif !!

Demarest: i cant belive... Illspirit was the first one how imported a custom object into the game

this historical thread...

Without him (and steves collmakers) i wouldnt able to build any mod and release the famous Stunt-Park, so please write, that you have added ODIE and REspawn to the list of mapping king of Illspirit smile.gif

greetings

I officially stand corrected smile.gif

When I first got into the modding scene, it took no time at all to recognize the name illspirit as a veteran and all around good guy. But because I entered the scene so late, such specifics had eluded me. I am now educated and of course apologize to illspirit for the oversight. But he already knows I have nothing short of total respect for him, so...

Mary Christmas all and thanks ODIE for clueing me in xmas.gif

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 08:14 PM

Great work! Now the police mission makes sense inderdaad smile.gif
But seeing this mod I'm realising I have to add more detail to my building... Damn you! tounge.gif

toastie
  • toastie

Freelance

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 09:14 PM

Well all i can say is "Gawd Damn."
excellent work ill.
p.s
i have regarded illspirit as king since the release's off snowball city and spacestation gta, also mad props to all others that contribute 2 make mine and everyone elses game fun and enjoyable.
p.p.s.
I think u should still bring spacestation to vice illspirit wink.gif

Merry Christmas all

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 December 2003 - 03:49 AM

hey illspirit, Kodo guided me here.
i love this thing!

yes, it completely makes the vc station useless...

i modified the main.scm (at Kodo's request) to have the cop mission not get in the way. turn.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 25 December 2003 - 03:25 PM

I did too. Before you did. I'm just waiting for DieselGT and ODIE to get their mods done. I can't release any half done mission script no matter how loud people scream.

ZAP
  • ZAP

old skooool

• Members

Posted 25 December 2003 - 03:32 PM

wow illspirit!
that look amazing, you really put rockstar to shame wow.gif
looks very very modern day like which is one thing i love. finally thanks to this mod, gta wont be in the past anymore wink.gif that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 December 2003 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Dec 25 2003, 10:25)
I did too. Before you did. I'm just waiting for DieselGT and ODIE to get their mods done. I can't release any half done mission script no matter how loud people scream.

im sorry i didnt know that... i shouldve waited, but i did it for Kodo tounge.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 25 December 2003 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (brokenfish @ Dec 25 2003, 19:22)
QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Dec 25 2003, 10:25)

im sorry i didnt know that... i shouldve waited, but i did it for Kodo tounge.gif

I when I said "scream" I was thinking about a certain picture from a certain installer. What the heck was that about ? I don't mind any competition.

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 December 2003 - 09:56 PM

i cant really understand. im getting stupid because im not in school. cry.gif

I don't mind any competition.
i dont WANT any competition.

maybe i will just add the mod shop thing to your new script when it comes out xmas.gif

Mazzocchi
  • Mazzocchi

Ashley Massaro's Husband

• Members

Posted 26 December 2003 - 03:16 AM

yeah, that police building does look A LOT like ur inter-city highway mod tounge.gif

ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2003 - 03:52 AM

damn that police station looks good.. can't wait to try it out inlove.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users