Photo

Myriad ideas and suggestions thread

103 replies to this topic
Black Dragon
  • Black Dragon

-=<(Hero of the Day)>=-

• Members

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:23 PM

yea this thread looks like a good idea to me, give people a chance to let the modders know what they wanna see rather then harrasing them over PMs sarcasm.gif

as for me i wouldnt mind seeing some billboards put up here n there where the peope who suck at modding are able to submit an image they want seen on there builboard(counsil aproaved of course) as i have tried moddleing but cant come near u guys with my crappy newb skills(a year outdated now) and would like to see one of my images placed in game smile.gif

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Black Dragon @ Jul 27 2004, 22:23)
yea this thread looks like a good idea to me, give people a chance to let the modders know what they wanna see rather then harrasing them over PMs sarcasm.gif

as for me i wouldnt mind seeing some billboards put up here n there where the peope who suck at modding are able to submit an image they want seen on there builboard(counsil aproaved of course) as i have tried moddleing but cant come near u guys with my crappy newb skills(a year outdated now) and would like to see one of my images placed in game smile.gif

Exactly, i was thinking of having a billboard up that i could do the texture for which would be a baby crying (carton of course to stop controvesy tounge.gif ) crying and writing saying "need childcare advice? ask for uncle jock" and a monsters picture would be underneath.Simple yet effect and sure to get a split second laugh. which would basically be a billboard with a baby crying on

JoaoBio
  • JoaoBio

Ubuntu Linux!

• Members

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:00 PM

This isn't a good threat, It's an excellent one biggrin.gif , Jock I think all of your ideas are very good...
And I have an sugestion of my one, In the new Island I think we should get a village in the bottom and area sorrounding black mesa, and not big sky crappers, a village with small houses but separeted houses, with a back yard, interior, barbacue, some of them could have a pool, we could buy some of them, a lot of trees trees, a park for the children, things like this... And lol it could have also a graveyard in a place that has shadows, of the mountain, a small police station, a cafe (coffe) blush.gif , a school with a bus parked in front of it, a small disco and other stuff. Some discos in Portugal are underground, it's very cool tounge2.gif , we could have a two story cafe (coffe) and in it's basement a small disco, and if we want to get in we must pay 25$ maybe it could have some missions, and when we have completed the missions the disco will get to us. And we earn money like in the vercetti state 1000$ per day. Ok this is my only big idea for now, When i've got new ideas, i'll talk. colgate.gif Ah... and I think this threat should be pinned, it's important, I think.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:59 PM

What we need are public buildings, they would be great for missions. E.g. city hall, bank, post office, school (and the bus from GTA3/VC with yellow textures would be a great school bus), museum, opera/theater, church (which Odie wanted to make), library, ...
These are institutions every town has, so Myriad shouldn't miss them.

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:30 AM

yeah a bank and post office would be great! also we need achurch and a museum, i thought we could make a museum based on the australian-american war gta3 and vice city go on about..

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

Humans are such easy prey.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Unknown

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:51 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing if they guys who made the police car work on a Police Jeep. The city I live in we don't have police cars we have police jeeps. And it would be pretty cool if you could make it to where they drive Police Cars and Jeeps. But I dunno, I heard ALL Police models, cars, weapons are hardcoded into the game but we could replace the Police Cheetah with a Jeep.

Black Dragon
  • Black Dragon

-=<(Hero of the Day)>=-

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:25 AM Edited by Black Dragon, 28 July 2004 - 03:31 AM.

naw u keep the posice cheetah as the corgette version, u change the normal police cars instead of the one they made u use the jeep in place of that, as the police cheetah is for high speed persuits tounge.gif

EDIT: hey i thought of something else, n i hope u Myriad Texture guys see this, u guys should have a standard set of Plates made that all the cars use for Myriad, but make them look like legit plates, know what i mean

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:09 AM

I would like to see the Police Enforcer changed into a police van. smile.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (Redkiller @ Jul 28 2004, 13:39)
I would like to see the Police Enforcer changed into a police van. smile.gif

The police enforcer is already taken with that Riot Van thingo.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:51 AM

Yeah the enforcer has been replaced by SadisticMachines BEAV, a kickass vehicle. Anyway as Steve said we definately need the standard public buildings, i hated it how LC and VC didnt have a school or a post office or whetever, personally I think the school and post office would be better suited for the next island. ANd Decay made a library and apparently he wants to put it on Mewishs lot, Decay has tried on several occassions to take his lot

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:14 AM

Maybe if there will be missions in TRNl's lot, and after you finish the final one you are given a choice to choose some special vehicle (let's say mista's truck, the ferry and maybe the f1 car) or something in that manner.

I also think we should remove Odies Berlin Demo, Yes it's a great lot and everything, but it doesn't suit Myriad in any way.

And try to lower polycounts on buildings.

I made a lil test, set antialiasing to 8xS and anipostrophic filtering to 8x and booted Liberty City, it only lagged a LITTLE in staunton (1280x1024), then I booted Myriad using the same settings and it lagged, lagged like hell on the loose. (Specially lagged in Odies areas)

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (JasonB @ Jul 28 2004, 05:51)
And Decay made a library and apparently he wants to put it on Mewishs lot, Decay has tried on several occassions to take his lot

I dont know wtf mewish was doing when he took the lot, he's not been here for months.I suggest giving the lot back to Decay and the library.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Jul 28 2004, 18:14)
Maybe if there will be missions in TRNl's lot, and after you finish the final one you are given a choice to choose some special vehicle (let's say mista's truck, the ferry and maybe the f1 car) or something in that manner.

I also think we should remove Odies Berlin Demo, Yes it's a great lot and everything, but it doesn't suit Myriad in any way.

And try to lower polycounts on buildings.

I made a lil test, set antialiasing to 8xS and anipostrophic filtering to 8x and booted Liberty City, it only lagged a LITTLE in staunton (1280x1024), then I booted Myriad using the same settings and it lagged, lagged like hell on the loose. (Specially lagged in Odies areas)

I think Odie's buildings fit fine.

Anyway, I've looked into the cause of slowdowns in Myriad, and it seems that using the unmodified occlu.ipl from Vice City will cause Myriad to run absolutely beautiful, using nearly the exact settings and hardware you mentioned.

EXCEPT near the police station.
occlu.ipl is obviously short for occlusion, hiding things behind other things, but I'm wondering why the police stations interior would cause lagging.

That is all.

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Jul 28 2004, 08:14)

you want us to remove one of the only finished lots that suits myriad with prelighting and lods etc.... you must be insane.Explain how it does not fit meyriad

fatcat92
  • fatcat92

Dumbass, Yes, I am Dumbass.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:26 AM

Something thats coming in the San andreas gta.

THe ability to swim for a bit.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (jock_mason @ Jul 28 2004, 08:59)

you want us to remove one of the only finished lots that suits myriad with prelighting and lods etc.... you must be insane.Explain how it does not fit meyriad

The berlin tower for instance, the german graffiti, the german letters, it was also made for the berlin mod not myriad, that's my opinion anyway.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:51 AM

I don't think we can do that.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:54 AM Edited by Cerbera, 28 July 2004 - 09:58 AM.

Gansta Killa made this thread ages ago, for ideas and suggestions. You can find it here. People simply abandoned it but it exists and I've kept using it when I've had suggestions.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Jul 28 2004, 19:49)

The berlin tower for instance, the german graffiti, the german letters, it was also made for the berlin mod not myriad, that's my opinion anyway.

Its an ethnic zone then. Lots of cities have places liek chinatown and no one complains, and myriad has little tokyo as well. Plus Odies lot fits in very well I think

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:55 AM

Id also say keep it, imo its a very nice lot the german writing doesnt fit in but its a Community Map Project not everything will be perfect and also its on of the best and detailed so, I say we keep it. smile.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (JasonB @ Jul 28 2004, 05:44)

Its an ethnic zone then. Lots of cities have places liek chinatown and no one complains, and myriad has little tokyo as well. Plus Odies lot fits in very well I think

Bingo. We'll call it little hindenberg in the zones and it'll fly.

fatcat92
  • fatcat92

Dumbass, Yes, I am Dumbass.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (DieselGT @ Jul 28 2004, 09:51)

I don't think we can do that.

There could be a way. You know the cheat that lets vehicles float on water?
Maybe there is some way to use that cheat to swim.

JFIFI
  • JFIFI

Modder

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:10 PM

I find your ideas Jock_Mason really well. I decided proposed my ideas (it is rather of the 3d that coddage) :
1 : To make a center of the MASA (Myriad Aeronautics and Space Administration) with a base of launching of a rocket and a type satellite of mir very high in the sky. After, in the rocket, barton like an elevator and one find themselves in the satellite and if there ve to return on myriad, there are modules of evacuation.
2 : To make an oil rafinnery (with an oil platform at sea) which would supply all the stations gasoline of the city and which would go with the tanker of Opius (if it always does it ]
I believe that it is all for the moment finally but if somebody is interested, I even made the pictures whereas it contacts me, I envoierais to him by mall
PS: To make windsurf and to make swim the character

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (JasonB @ Jul 28 2004, 10:44)

And they have real size copies of buildings/monuments that are situated in where they were originaly built?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jul 28 2004, 10:54)
Gansta Killa made this thread ages ago, for ideas and suggestions. You can find it here. People simply abandoned it but it exists and I've kept using it when I've had suggestions.

Another ideas and suggestions thread is here.

This one should be closed and a single, dedicated member of Myriad should create a topic which has links to all the old suggestion and idea threads with a brief description of what was discussed in each. Otherwise modifiers' will still have nowhere to go and get ideas and people will keep suggesting the same ill-informed ideas again and again because the previous topics kept getting pushed off the first page by new, indetical topics.

Same thing goes for the screenshot thread, really. There's already WAY too many topics in here, so ones discussing things that are already discussed elsewhere makes this even works. With nearly a dozen pinned topics this is multipled yet further.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:36 AM

I merged the old topic into the new one. Please excuse the chronological f*cked-up-ness of the topic.

That is all.

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 July 2004 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Jul 28 2004, 18:57)
QUOTE (JasonB @ Jul 28 2004, 10:44)

And they have real size copies of buildings/monuments that are situated in where they were originaly built?

Nah, Odie's lot suits perfectly, i don't see why it should be removed.

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2004 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jul 30 2004, 08:57)
a single, dedicated member of Myriad should create a topic which has links to all the old suggestion and idea threads with a brief description of what was discussed in each.

I'm sorry am i not dedicated enough for you cerb? is it that i'm not doing any active moddeling or mapping for myriad? i am the community as in i enjoy this mod, this mod (correct me if i'm wrong)is made for me and many others who have enjoy the efforts of modders.The old suggestions forums were antiquated with BS ideas mostly and i'd probably get flamed for bumping it up anyway.

On a lighter note i've got a few more suggestions

1.Firstly Myriad should probably make it it's first priority to include things real cities have.Such as Town halls, Government buildings,More billboards with adds submitted by people not involved in the moddeling and coding etc side of Myriad yet still want to contribute to the mod in there small way.I have several adds lined up if anyone has a spare billboard and is looking for an original "mock up" of a big brand you would see in a real city like NY or London etc.I was thinking along the lines of perfume, sports, Car makes, Clothing etc.Each would have links to shops around Myriad.

2.This is an odd suggestion but how about we re include the Myriad bunker into Myriad only we put fences around it with signs saying NO ENTRY.It could perhaps be turned into a mini museum about the fictional Austro American war Gta3 and vice city go on about.Or it could be a hobo hideout and your first save point.

Just a few suggestions.Ill post my billboards in the Picture topic and you can see what there like.

azertus
  • azertus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:41 PM

How about a chocolate factory called

*drumroll*

The Fudge Packery

This is funny. After reading this thread, I started GTA 1 and guess what the first message on my pager was? "Hamilton's Fudge Factory. For all your packing needs" wow.gif

JoaoBio
  • JoaoBio

Ubuntu Linux!

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:12 PM

Talking in factories, in fact besides public buildings we also need a lot of factorys, industries, we could also create a zone that would be only for sports, like a rally track,maybe a museum of the greatest players of myriad, stuff of this kind...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users