Photo

Myriad ideas and suggestions thread

103 replies to this topic
BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:45 PM Edited by Cerbera, 01 August 2004 - 04:17 PM.

QUOTE (ViperGTS-R @ Dec 20 2003, 19:21)
i thought up "Strap on racing" instead of "Snap on Racing" when i was cycling home the other day.... i thought that was amusing tounge.gif
LMAO! tounge2.gif

All I've come up with is this:
(suggestions moved to first post)

ViperGTS-R
  • ViperGTS-R

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 December 2003 - 07:50 PM Edited by ViperGTS-R, 20 December 2003 - 08:09 PM.

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Dec 20 2003, 19:45)
How about calling this:
"Big Rod's" and have it as a fishing gear supplier, owner being called Rod?  Then you get a triple pun between the intended pun of the owner name and what the shop sells, but aditionally get the euphamism. smile.gif

lol i like that one perhaps something involving the word "harpoon" would go with a fish shop better... though i cant thinking of any good play on words strait off hand...

how about a computer store called "1337" ? slogan - Its T3h R0xx0r!!

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 December 2003 - 11:30 PM

Funerals for free: We garentee the best Funerals

Laundry Lips: If it anit white, life with it...

Mazzocchi
  • Mazzocchi

Ashley Massaro's Husband

• Members

Posted 20 December 2003 - 11:31 PM Edited by Mazzocchi, 21 December 2003 - 12:47 AM.

Holidae Inn
(its the title of a song by "Chingy" "Holidae Inn"- Chingy Featuring Ludacris And Snoop Dogg) If There's A Hotel Someone Is Making

Crabby Dicks
(It's an actuall Sea-Food Resturante in Baltimore. I Have a shirt from there lol)

PMS- Parcel Management Service!
(A Parody of UPS and PMS.... you know...)

Fed Up
(Parody of "Fed Ex")

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:24 AM

OMG! This store must be made a reality:

user posted image

Mazzocchi
  • Mazzocchi

Ashley Massaro's Husband

• Members

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:26 AM Edited by Mazzocchi, 21 December 2003 - 02:37 AM.

lol thats halarious and BTW If annyone wants me to make Logos for the companies i will. i would be honored xmas.gif

Jus take a gander at this-
user posted image

Vegas
  • Vegas

Rebel.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2003 - 06:12 AM

Maybe a billboard:

Get'n'laid (Gatorade)

and something about quencing libidos.

ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2003 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Dec 21 2003, 02:24)
OMG! This store must be made a reality:

user posted image

I love engrish inlove.gif

how 'bout a radioshack entitled "steroshack"

Joey2003
  • Joey2003

The Twelfth Jesus

• Members

Posted 21 December 2003 - 09:08 AM

Can sum1 think of a funny name for a mountain, cos my mountain hasnt got a name, and i want it to be good

Thank you

-Joey-

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 21 December 2003 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Joey2003 @ Dec 21 2003, 10:08)
Can sum1 think of a funny name for a mountain, cos my mountain hasnt got a name, and i want it to be good

Thank you

-Joey-

JoeyWood ? blush.gif (uh, joey in the woods)

Viperman
  • Viperman

Logically Horizontal

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 December 2003 - 12:30 PM

Mt. Fall-off

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 December 2003 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Viperman @ Dec 21 2003, 13:30)
Mt. Fall-off

Mount Yakov!

you know... jack... off.. heh blush.gif

Joey2003
  • Joey2003

The Twelfth Jesus

• Members

Posted 21 December 2003 - 01:54 PM

user posted image

tee hee

i think that fits perfect thanks, it rox

Skatan
  • Skatan

frat.

• Members

Posted 22 December 2003 - 12:53 AM

Beaver Liquors, for whoever is making a liquor store. If anyone.... smile.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2003 - 09:14 PM

I was looking through a lingerie catalogue (as you do) when I came across a brand called "mistique" and my diseased mind immediatly found the phonetic twin of it "Miss Teak" which leads me to my most recent suggestion:

Miss Teak Lumber
Guaranteed to give you wood!

Made me laugh when I thought of it. biggrin.gif Spoilt the mood, though. sad.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Dec 22 2003, 22:14)
I was looking through a lingerie catalogue (as you do) when I came across a brand called "mistique" and my diseased mind immediatly found the phonetic twin of it "Miss Teak" which leads me to my most recent suggestion:

Miss Teak Lumber

Made me laugh when I thought of it. biggrin.gif Spoilt the mood, though. sad.gif

You know, I don't know if I should laugh, scream or recommend you to be put on some most wanted "weirdo" list. You're weirder than me man. Go smoke some pot and make some epic story in the weeds topic. I beg you. Your last entry there was a bit boring.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2003 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Dec 23 2003, 00:39)
QUOTE (Cerbera @ Dec 22 2003, 22:14)

Miss Teak Lumber

Made me laugh when I thought of it. biggrin.gif   Spoilt the mood, though. sad.gif

You know, I don't know if I should laugh, scream or recommend you to be put on some most wanted "weirdo" list. You're weirder than me man. Go smoke some pot and make some epic story in the weeds topic. I beg you. Your last entry there was a bit boring.

Done.

I've gotta go raid my stacks of GTA-related ideas. They are all either strewn around my bedroom floor or in the lever-arch binder I bought just for GTA designing. smile.gif

Dutch gamer
  • Dutch gamer

This one can't make mod's

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:49 AM

zoetermeer maby

<<KING>>
  • <<KING>>

Gone?

• The Precinct

Posted 26 December 2003 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (ZanderZ @ Dec 20 2003, 14:40)
Nice ones smile.gif
How about someone actually makes a Gruppe Sechs building? It's the text that appears on the security cars and no, it's not German, it's fonetic English for groupsex biggrin.gif

Actually Gruppe Sechs is German for Group Six
And there's is some German security company going by a name which is similar but I forgot what exactly it was, I visited their homepage once. Anyways of course it's phonetics for groupsex too. That's the whole joke.

What about a shoe shop:
Top Shoes - Buy One Get One Free!

A Truck-stop sort of place:
Big Mother Truckers

Chinese restaurant:
Wok N Roll

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 27 December 2003 - 05:38 AM

I have heaps, heres a couple:
The Head Shed - Barber Shop
The Master Baiter - Fishing Shop
Hard on Tools - Hardware Store
Dicki Costume Hire - "Going to a party? Get a dick!"

and Tosh Industries (with Opius)

I am putting all of the above on my two blocks of land, previews soon.

ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2003 - 07:43 AM

it sounds like this mod is going to have way to many silly dick jokes, but who cares tounge.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2003 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (ChibiMAK @ Dec 27 2003, 02:43)
it sounds like this mod is going to have way to many silly dick jokes, but who cares tounge.gif

Too much like the game itself for you?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2003 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Dec 27 2003, 08:35)
QUOTE (ChibiMAK @ Dec 27 2003, 02:43)
it sounds like this mod is going to have way to many silly dick jokes, but who cares  tounge.gif

Too much like the game itself for you?

Speaking of the existing games, I'd totally forgotten to remind everyone that there absolutely HAS to be the Zaibatsu corporation established in Myriad Islands. smile.gif

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 28 December 2003 - 10:28 AM

Speaking of the existing games, I'd totally forgotten to remind everyone that there absolutely HAS to be the Zaibatsu corporation established in Myriad Islands. 

So... make it

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2003 - 10:39 AM Edited by Cerbera, 29 December 2003 - 01:44 PM.

QUOTE (dalpura @ Dec 28 2003, 10:28)
Speaking of the existing games, I'd totally forgotten to remind everyone that there absolutely HAS to be the Zaibatsu corporation established in Myriad Islands. 

So... make it

I thought I'd leave it to yourself, actually. Be sure to grab me on MSN and I can throw some pictures of Zaibatsu buildings in the editor for GTA2. You'll get to see the architecture style that way.

(EDIT) Oh god, here's a good one:
Itchivani Research
We do more than scratch the surface.

tounge2.gif

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (Skatan)
Beaver Liquors, for whoever is making a liquor store. If anyone....

I wasn't going to make a one, but now I will. Thanks.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (Dalpura @ Jan 6 2004, 03:15)
QUOTE (Skatan)
Beaver Liquors, for whoever is making a liquor store. If anyone....

I wasn't going to make a one, but now I will. Thanks.

Beaver lickers, that's a good one! tounge2.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (<<KING>> @ Dec 26 2003, 07:13)
Chinese restaurant:
Wok N Roll

Im currently making a Chinese restaurant called

Lo Wangs sweet and sour cock. or something similar.

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:07 PM

I don't believe there is a thread where people have been able to put forward ideas and suggest things for the game like building designs,new cars, gangs, peds, radio etc so i'm gonna open one.Please if there is another thread a few pages back either lock this one or that one smile.gif

I have a few suggestions for you all! please read carefully then post your opinions, constructive critisiscm, death threats etc.

1.Myriad needs a bowling alley of some sorts.A while back Barton had a tester for this code using misc objects for the game which was played on Diesels docks and scrapyard.This was removed however.Now we need a bowling alley built and the pins and ball moddeled.The Bowling complex wouldnt just be a small 2 lane one like Snowracer originally had with his skyscraper lot (dunno if i had the released version notify.gif ) but a large complex with several lanes, peds inside, nice bowling alley ambience, entry fee and of course a snack bar! The game would be played for $50 and this would get you 1 game. $100 could get you 2 and $130 could get you 3 (discount tounge.gif ) if you've ever played bowling with bartons code you'll know how fun and well coded it is.To make the game intresting perhaps you could win something like a permanent parked scooter outside or money....

2.I have another idea for a gang.If you knew anyone who lived in 60's and early 70's Britian (my dad biggrin.gif ) you'll know what the main gang conflict was.It was between punks (which will soon feature in Myriad) and a group who were called the "Mods".These people dressed in jeans and parker jackets with fur hoods and listened to bands like the Beatles.They rode about on scooters (the ant scooter released recently) and regularily battled with the rocker punks for the hell of it, just like in gta.
Now my suggestion for these 2 gangs is to have em on opposite sides of illcom island and border each others territory so they can battle.The punks can go in there voodoo cars while the Mods would go about in there scooters.The mods would be armed with fists,knuckle dusters, bats and occasionly pistols, like the cubans and haitians on the streets in vice city.The punks would obviously be armed the same.Now i think this would best suit all gangs in Myriad since Myriad seems to be going in the direction of semi realism within Gta terms, which means Myriad is still chaos but the descision to disable tanks enforces my view of a realer crime experience.I'm sure steve m or Illspirit would be up to moddeling this gang if decided it was going in. rah.gif

3.Myriad needs some sort of sleezy strip/hooker house.Maybe we could have 2 oppurtunities to make use of the stripper coding and animation.One could be in the upstairs of some building in a lot where you work for some run down mafioso, see max payne hotel levels.After doing all his missions you could go see a private strip in his backroom.

4.The other stripper idea is a glamarous nightclub where you do jobs for the Myriad govener who resides in the club a lot tounge.gif and he tells you to do stuff like go spy on the rival politicians etc (Richard nixon) the mission could be called the waitersmate scandal or something colgate.gif .
Anyway this club would be big and have plenty of smoke and lights with several dancers, some behind cages like they do.The club could use the pole position music if made.

5.There could be a phone mission where you go answer the phone in the park like the brother mission and once there a scared voice tells you to go to the party dome rooftop (this mission would only activate after the run for the party mission is done) and meet the voice on the phone.Once there however you see a dead ped on the ground and about 20 agent smith's, use sadistics fbi character.After a short cutscene where one of the agents speaks, voice can be done by me or sadistic etc the fighting will start.The twist is you have to use your fists as do they, with the exception of some who have knuckle dusters.The exciting part is you get to punch em of the roof if you do it right.Once all of em are dead a police helicopter arrives shooting its machine gun at you! with a quick message at the bottom telling you to run you leave the scene wondering why the fbi are after you.
"Mission passed go to the gun store in the commerical lot" there you will now be able to recieve a free mp5 behind the counter

6.Myriad should have large billboards which stretch across the road meaning you look up and drive under them.Both lot owners on each side of the road would agree to having em there and have adverts that Kinetix has made, which are good may i add.

Thats just my ideas, please post comments and other ideas for Myriad.They can be about anything.And a mod may feel free to pin this because i feel it's important cool.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:12 PM

this is not a bad thread idea. I'll look at the suggestions you made specifically later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users