» «
Photo

Author's Notes - Mission Storyline(s)

167 replies to this topic
_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:53 PM Edited by _punK noodleS_, 23 December 2003 - 10:56 PM.

Sure. I think you guys should get more angry and have stronger opinions about the intro. Put LOTS of work into creating lots of different intros. When you are bored with all the different intro arguments, I can make all your intro ideas into main story cutscenes for various main story missions. 

wow you sound exactly like my brother wow.gif

Or we could make it into something NEW. Stear away from all that mafia stuff. After becoming posh and loaded, the player guy spends all his money on weed and goes on a sailing trip around the world on his ship. The tractor is onboard. Into the sunset.

yay i agree because whenever a not respected/non known person says/inputs anything their beaten down by riot police and told they are a dictator and a worthless peice of hash biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

yay tractor missions and boats going into the sunset biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

i agree with the mafia son/father main story and then some fun mini games and sub missions. However i would like to opt out of the main story and i was wondering if i could crete some sub missions for you to code barton and since there small and not related they dont need lots built which the main story does  i already came up with some phone missions a few pages back so if you wanna see them and decide if there game worthy go ahead

not to be mean but instead of wasting post space we could just read the who topic over again till the end of the last page biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:55 PM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 23 December 2003 - 10:57 PM.

You don't need to stop working on the main story here to work on sub-missions.

Ok, my previous post seems to stand corrected, We now have Barton, Capo, and (what the heck) Myself on board with the father/son main story. Any other dissenters?

@punk - you didn't contribute to the story, you rewrote it, chucking out almost everything we have done.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Dec 23 2003, 23:39)
Or we could make it into something NEW. Stear away from all that mafia stuff. After becoming posh and loaded, the player guy spends all his money on weed and goes on a sailing trip around the world on his ship. The tractor is onboard. Into the sunset.

DieselGT applauds

I say keep away from anything mafia-related. Too predictable. I guess gang stuff is OK, but... I'd really rather the player wasn't involved in the Mafia.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (DieselGT @ Dec 23 2003, 18:00)
QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Dec 23 2003, 23:39)

DieselGT applauds

I say keep away from anything mafia-related. Too predictable. I guess gang stuff is OK, but... I'd really rather the player wasn't involved in the Mafia.

Diesel, we've been talking mafia for at least five pages. Two words: Too late.

If it's in the first post its done with. It can be added to, or tweaked, but not removed. Why? because as barton eluded, we can ride this b*tch around the bush for three years without finalizing anything.

Speaking of the first post, I've changed it, go read.

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:17 AM

i personaly think everyone should read these posts again because no one agreed with me then and...it would just be cooler if it wasent mafia!

i did this
all im asking is that you dont do something italian/mafia because its kinda gotten old gta3,vice,toooooo many movies,etc. triads  ? a more resent gang  ? bloods  ?please because the italian accent is getting annoying  .we need something new!

then capo responded with this
we need the italians! they were not in vice city as a gang and i think they would go well

then me
what do you call sonny and tommy? cubans? hatinas? domincians? greek? ITIALIANS! 

but really why itialians? they get old with the accent.

then capo. again
i said no italians as a GANG i didnt mention them as characters

what i failed to post after this is "what do you call the people who hang around the places you own and fight PIG's and other gangs?"

now how about that!!??!! now everyones posting after 4 pages biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

and actualy we can change it by popular vote (poll anyone?)

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:43 AM

Ok, lets re-vote on the race then.

First, lets compile a list of possibilities:

Yakuza (Oriental),
Triads (Religious oriental with better costumes),
Russian (black marketeers),
Irish (IRA?),
Australian (Animal trainers?),
British (British mob),
Jamaican (Rastas)

Post any others you think of.

Kodo
  • Kodo

www.gtagaming.com

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 04:18 AM Edited by Kodo, 24 December 2003 - 04:19 AM.

How about American. You can use this skin I made because I think it looks cool. He was supposed to be a sort of vigilante cop in a mod I was voicing for. He doesn't have to be a cop of course. It was just a twist - the character being good instead of being bad. Although he can be bad in the name of the law, much like Nick Kang from True Crime.

user posted imageuser posted image

scarface_refugee
  • scarface_refugee

GTA:LC Fan

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 04:28 AM Edited by scarface_refugee, 24 December 2003 - 04:45 AM.

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Dec 12 2003, 23:08)
ANTONIO BIAGINO: The biggest italian mafia boss of all times. Born in italy, found in a dumpster, arrested first time age 5, killed a kitten age 7, stole a car age 9, tried to rape a nun age 11 but could reach up, got arrested again age 13 for stealing a potato, said he was hungry (sad story confused.gif ), bought a car for stolen money age 15, got hired by the mob age 17, got boss age 43 and has killed half of Italy since. blush.gif

Thats a joke right? I would be too embarassed to buy that game. "Killed Half of Italy"? Do you know how many people live in Italy?

Also, if the italians arent an option, it should be Jamaicans or Russians. You gotta add some South Americans though, man. Colombia, Peru, Bolivia...

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 09:29 AM

I think it'd be fantastic to see a Triad or Yakuza kead. I don't think that's ever been done before. In GTA3 they had a small role and they weren't even put into Vice. Plus you've got all that code of honour stuff which we can use to 'control' the player's path through the game, to an extent.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 24 December 2003 - 10:21 AM

Anyway, talk get you nowhere. Some people besides me are actually making missions you know. Their sayings means much more than the empty talk in this thread. I like variety in a game. So many different ways to get stoned, posh and loaded. No point in limiting that to a very simple mafia story. Doesn't matter what I mean about anything. The missions will most likely dictate the story line no matter what anybody wants. The buildings, cars and atmosphere will matter alot. It's about how the developers wants Myriad to look like. If anybody have any very specific mission requests with cutscenes, what every character says, where it takes place, with a screenshot of the finished lot and everything else, just post it in the mission script topic. It's too early to be talking about the ending and intro yet. I can't put the intro in the script yet anyway, because it would "get in the way" of everything. Nobody wants to look at a 10 minute intro whenever they want to test something. Later.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2003 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Dec 24 2003, 10:21)
Anyway, talk get you nowhere. Some people besides me are actually making missions you know. Their sayings means much more than the empty talk in this thread. I like variety in a game. So many different ways to get stoned, posh and loaded. No point in limiting that to a very simple mafia story. Doesn't matter what I mean about anything. The missions will most likely dictate the story line no matter what anybody wants. The buildings, cars and atmosphere will matter alot. It's about how the developers wants Myriad to look like. If anybody have any very specific mission requests with cutscenes, what every character says, where it takes place, with a screenshot of the finished lot and everything else, just post it in the mission script topic. It's too early to be talking about the ending and intro yet. I can't put the intro in the script yet anyway, because it would "get in the way" of everything. Nobody wants to look at a 10 minute intro whenever they want to test something. Later.

i totaly agree if anyone had bothered to read my post a few repilies back they would have noticed i said we should expand as we go along not start with a main story

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 15 February 2004 - 09:55 AM Edited by DieselGT, 15 February 2004 - 09:57 AM.

Okay, here's my mission plan for my three lots (the ravine). Before this, I guess that our main character has to have been caught for his mischief (investigating the crimes he caused) and imprisoned. If people are stronly against that, I can re-jig it a bit. For ease of writing I'll call our main guy Frank - though the final name doesn't have to be that. "The hilly island" is what I'll call the new hilly island until it gets a proper name, again for ease of writing.

Mission 1: Guy Hunter

# Frank is sitting in his cell. Perhaps bouncing a ball of the wall as a reference to The Great Escape. Suddenly an officer walks up, unlocks his door, grabs him by the arm and muscles him into a cop car. It pulls out into the street and off down the road.

Frank: "What the hell's goin' on?"

Officer: "Don't worry, it wasn't my decision. I hate you as much as ever. My superior requires your services, scumbag."

Frank: "Uh... okay. Any idea wh-"

Officer: "I hate the sound of your voice. If you don't stop asking questions right now, I'm going to 'accidentally' put a bullet through your skull, bitch. Hear me?"

*Frank nods*

# The car pulls up outside a large beige building. It straddles the ravine, with a small walkway crossing between the two sides. The officer hops out, pulls Frank forcefully from the vehicle and thrusts him through the automatic doors. The officer then gets back into the car and pulls away. Two large guards wearing berets and holding M16s or P-90s then lead him into the elevator.

# Once the elevator stops he's taken to an office at the end of the corridor. When inside the guards unlock his handcuffs and depart. A small, old woman stands up from behind the desk. She speaks with an English accent (as does everyone in this building except the guards)

Woman: "Ah, the notorious Frank Smith - I've heard so much about you. Working on both sides of the law, just for the fun of it. Several murders under your belt, along with multiple occurances of Grand Theft Auto, and numerous drug- and alcohol-related offences. Quite honestly, you're scum. But we require your services.

Frank: "Wait wait wait, hold up. Uhh... what the hell is going on here? What services? Who the hell are you?"

Woman: "I am Number One, and you will refer to me as such. We are a division of the British Secret Service, and we require someone expendable for some dangerous missions. You fit the bill perfectly - you have experience with arms, vehicles and aren't afraid to kill where necessary. And if something should go wrong, we can terminate you and nobody will notice."

Frank: "Do I get a choice?"

No. 1: "Yes. You either accept our proposal, upon completion of which you will be released and all charges will just... go away. Or you refuse, and you go back to rot in that jail cell."

Frank: "Okay, not much of a choice then. I'll accept your proposal... Didn't I see something like this in a movie somewhere? Ja-"

No. 1: "No. Definately not. Regardless, we have a mission for you already. Four trucks containing important evidence are making a delivery to the Illco building today. They MUST not be allowed to complete their journey. Go and see P for your equipment."

# Frank departs. Camera fades. Fade in to a small room somewhere in the building. The Interceptor sits on a large metal tabletop, being worked on. Various other gadgets and weapons are scattered around.

Frank: "So you're P?"

P: "Indeed I am."

*Frank snickers*

P: "Yes, I get that alot. No. 1 has informed me you need some equipment."

Frank: "I honestly have no idea what I need. But that car would be nice..."

P: "That's my G-5907 Interceptor. Be careful with it. It's the only one we have. GPS, heated seats, and all that. We're also working on weapon systems, but at the moment only the machine guns are working. Rockets and smokescreen are having a problem."

*machine guns on Interceptor fire at target on wall and rip it to shreds in seconds*

Frank: "Whoah."

P: "That's all you need for this mission. You'll be dropped via the Weapons Van - once your mission is complete, or if the car is damaged, head back there. It'll keep circling the island."

Frank: "This is cool. When do I leave?"

*P looks at watch*

P: "Now."

# Mission begins. Player starts in the Interceptor, which is inside the Weapons Van, which is driving around Myriad. The player reverses out of the moving van, hunts down the four trucks and destroys them with the machine guns. If the car starts streaming smoke, they can head back to the van to be repaired. If the car is destroyed the mission fails. Once the four trucks are destroyed. the player drives back to the Weapons Van and into the back of it, up the ramps. Once the player is inside it the mission ends.

Mission 2: In Transit

# Frank saunters into No. 1's office. No. 1 stands up. A man with a briefcase sits in the corner of the room.

No. 1: "Well done on your last mission, Frank. You may yet become a valuable asset to us. We have another mission for you..."

Frank: "I'm interested."

No. 1: "This is Mr. O'Hara. Inside the briefcase is something of immense national importance. It cannot be allowed to leave his hand. Take him, and the briefcase, to the hospital on the hilly island. No harm must come to him."

Frank: "That doesn't sound too hard..."

No. 1: "Difficulty is not an issue. DO NOT let him be harmed in ANY way. Go and see P."

# Camera fades into P's room. Interceptor is again on the large table. A black boat rests on a stand at one side.

Frank: "Hey P. Any progress on the weaponry?"

P: "No, sorry. For this mission again you'll only require the Interceptor. The Weapons Van won't be available for this mission, so PLEASE be careful with it - this thing's the culmination of four year's research, and is worth alot of money!"

Frank: "I'll look after it, P. Don't worry."

P: "Why do I get the feeling that it will come back as sheet metal?"

*Frank laughs*

# Mission begins. Simply drive O'Hara to the hospital. A helicopter gunship attacks when halfway there - player must avoid being blown up, by dodging the bullets as best he can. If car explodes or O'Hara dies, mission fails.

Mission 3: Nicotine Patch Girl

# Again Frank walks into No. 1's office. A man and a girl in her 20's sit either side of No. 1's desk.

No. 1: "This is Mr. Clemens and Ms. Butler. They are about to make an extremely important exchange, I would be happy for you to oversee."

*Clemens and Butler each place a briefcase on the table, open it, and swivel it round. Clemens closes his and slides it over. Butler closes hers, then whips a pistol out and shoots Clemens and No. 1. She also tries to shoot Frank but he ducks in time. After firing she runs from the room. Frank sees her jump in a boat from the window and runs to P's lab*

Frank: "No. 1 and Clemens have been shot, get a doctor to her office. I need your boat."

*Frank jumps in the boat, fires the rocket engines and flies out of the window into the sea*

# Player must pursue Butler in the sea. If player loses her, mission fail. Player must pursue her until she dies or parks up at the docks near the scrap yard.

More as I think of them...

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 15 February 2004 - 09:57 AM

Wow great idea! I'll hope that Barton make a mission!

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 15 February 2004 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Ekamentus @ Feb 15 2004, 10:57)
Wow great idea! I'll hope that Barton make a mission!

I think DieselGT is creating this himself. The G-5907 Interceptor car with guns is already a reality. The guns work. The story should fit in too (dunno exactly how right now, but... ye, I'm sure it will fit in). Thinking... hard to continue working as a cop if you get arrested... after last cop mission maby ? Like after all those "corrupt cops smoking weed" missions. But I guess there are ways to clear your name, like simply putting a gun to somebodys head saying "You did the crime. You framed me. If you disagree, you die right now". Even more funny to do that after a very violent armed prison escape (like, "I did nothing, I didn't want to escape, I like prison, ...") rolleyes.gif

DJDJ
  • DJDJ

Freelance Assassin.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:13 PM

can someone write a code that sprawns body gaurds in your mansion - i have b/fish brokenmod but theres no bodygaurds but u dont need 2 complete anything 4em?

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 18 February 2004 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (DJDJ @ Feb 18 2004, 17:13)
can someone write a code that sprawns body gaurds in your mansion - i have b/fish brokenmod but theres no bodygaurds but u dont need 2 complete anything 4em?

wrong forum for asking mods that not go 2 Myriad

Teancum
  • Teancum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:33 PM

Are we gonna do any voice acting? I'm up for that, and I have Goldwave, which allows me to mod my voice hi/low, thick/thin, etc. so I could probably do more than one character. Though if I did that, I'd like to do smaller parts.

Xyzar
  • Xyzar

Using up space and oxygen since 1986

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 09:50 AM Edited by Xyzar, 19 February 2004 - 09:51 AM.

there should be one main storyline anyway tounge.gif offcourse that can go in al kinds of directions... smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users