» «
Photo

Author's Notes - Mission Storyline(s)

167 replies to this topic
Don Mewish
  • Don Mewish

Tea and Crumpets

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2003 - 01:49 AM Edited by Don Mewish, 15 December 2003 - 01:51 AM.

I found a voice actor. I'll have some sound tomorrow. Fo' Sho...

Mission One - "Problems"
'ello Marco, it took your sorry ass long enough, now here's my f*cking problem, that your sorry ass is going to fix! Some c*nt decided to lower my cut of his operation, and is a worthless arse of top of that. There's a shooter in the back and an auto out front. He's crusing around downtown in some heap he nicked last week. MAKE HIM BLEED! *click*

~Mewish

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 15 December 2003 - 01:55 AM

Nice! I like it. I'll add your guy to the character list.

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 16 December 2003 - 10:27 PM

all im asking is that you font do something italian/mafia because its kinda gotten old gta3,vice,toooooo many movies,etc. triads sarcasm.gif ? a more resent gang sarcasm.gif ? bloods confused.gif ?please because the italian accent is getting annoying suicidal.gif .we need something new!

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2003 - 10:18 PM

we need the italians! they were not in vice city as a gang and i think they would go well

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 18 December 2003 - 10:57 PM

what do you call sonny and tommy? cubans? hatinas? domincians? greek? ITIALIANS! biggrin.gif

but really why itialians? they get old with the accent.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2003 - 02:37 PM

i said no italians as a GANG i didnt mention them as characters

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 07:49 PM

Sorry buddy, but it looks like thats how its going. The intro will probably even take place in italy (or an office in italy at least. No neeed to go modeling the whole italian countryside for a little film)

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 December 2003 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Dec 19 2003, 20:49)
Sorry buddy, but it looks like thats how its going. The intro will probably even take place in italy (or an office in italy at least. No neeed to go modeling the whole italian countryside for a little film)

What intro? Since when did we decide to have an intro? And since when was it gonna be set in Italy? nervous.gif

MDee
  • MDee

^ LMFAO ^

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 08:14 PM Edited by MDee, 19 December 2003 - 08:15 PM.

GOOD
I luv Italians, Italian Mafia is also great!!!!
We need put it to the game!
or/and the Russian Mafia??? that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif xmas.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (DieselGT @ Dec 19 2003, 15:14)
QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Dec 19 2003, 20:49)

What intro? Since when did we decide to have an intro? And since when was it gonna be set in Italy? nervous.gif

The plot so far has The italian mob boss (antonio) sending his son (you, marco) to myriad to start a crime syndicate. That mob boss lives in italy, so thats where the small intro should techincally take place. We need an intro for plot setup, and even Majera had an intro, so I figured it was a give-in. Myriad itself is in the states.

READ THE FIRST POST PLEASE!
[/temper]

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 08:22 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 19 December 2003 - 08:25 PM.

quote: "I don't know much about Italy, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't look like Myriad."

edit: Intro in Italy ? Why not. But then we need more than one intro. Just one intro is too simple. No intro would cover the unlimited amount of stories floating around. I say one intro to every mission.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 08:29 PM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 19 December 2003 - 08:30 PM.

Yes, that's understood. I'm just talking about the main pre-action intro. The individual missionss need intros too.

And MYRIAD IS IN THE USA! just incase anyone else missed it. The intro is in italy by subtitle only. The office will probably actually be inside one of the buildings, just like the restaurant in liberty that was in the VC intro was inside the hotel.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 08:58 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 19 December 2003 - 09:03 PM.

edit: who cares

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 December 2003 - 09:00 PM Edited by DieselGT, 19 December 2003 - 09:11 PM.

I think we need a house (or houses? Get larger and more exquisite houses as you move through the game) somewhere for Marco. It'd be very useful as a method of introducing some of the small sub-missions that aren't really connected to anything; rather than recieve them all by phone. I can imagine now, Carlo sitting at the table with a mug of coffee and the newspaper, browsing the "help wanted" section; or at the computer signing up for the "Not-Entirely-Legal job search.com" service. His father could say he'd bought Marco a place in Myriad in the intro.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 09:06 PM

It's marco, first of all, but the house would be good on the mountain.

@Bart, it says west coast USA in the 1st post. please read the 1st post every1.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 December 2003 - 09:13 PM Edited by DieselGT, 19 December 2003 - 09:14 PM.

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Dec 19 2003, 22:06)
It's marco, first of all, but the house would be good on the mountain.

@Bart, it says west coast USA in the 1st post. please read the 1st post every1.

Whoops, sorry. Edited.

Do you think Marco could be an actual italian and have trouble speaking English/interpreting instructions? I think that could lead to some funny stuff in some of the sub-missions that aren't integral to the plot. I do get extremely tired of Italian-americans being in every bloody crime-related game since the dawn of time. Why not have a real italian for once?

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 09:19 PM

It would be funny in certain situations, but as a rule of thumb, having a comic-releif sort of character as the leading role is bad for a serious story. Imagine an action-based star wars film staring Jar Jar Binx.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 09:21 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 19 December 2003 - 09:26 PM.

edit: never mind again then.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 09:23 PM

You hadn't edited when I posted. Anyway, there is no Myriad at all anywhere I've heard of, so we can put it where we want. I felt the atmosphere was NYC-ish, so thats why it is where it is.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 December 2003 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Dec 19 2003, 22:19)
It would be funny in certain situations, but as a rule of thumb, having a comic-releif sort of character as the leading role is bad for a serious story. Imagine an action-based star wars film staring Jar Jar Binx.

Obviously it's not going to be comic relief all the time. Just in certain sub-missions, he could misinterpret instructions. I just REALLY don't want to see ANOTHER american character with an italian name. Course, if you had him as italian and spoke with an italian accent, then you could have some great conversations with an english mission-giver-person.

"Ehh... hello. You are, ehh, Kent Paul?"
"That I am mate. Ya don't sahnd like you're from around 'ere, are ya?"
"Ahhm... no, I am italiano."
"Awright. I - WANT - YOU - TO - GO - KILL - BOB - FOR - ME, RIGHT?"

etc.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 09:37 PM

It's a thought... I guess we can see what the response is here.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:01 PM

Ok, I want to add something. There was plans for a main story line before this thread got started. The "player" was supposed to start with nothing, get hired as a cop, progress as a cop and then get "somewhere" making money as a simple worker, being a fisherman, cop, whatever. Illspirit had these ideas far back. The "player" was supposed to work as a cop investigating his own bad behaviour as a fisherman. Like when he eliminated all the tourists stealing his fish.

Seems like you have made many decisions here sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe. Some people didn't agree. Do you agree with what I'm saying here ? Is there any point in me writing this ? What happened to the story about the indian taxi driver and the pot smokers on the tractor ? I guess I could use the bulldozer, but that's not the point. You say the intro is in Italy. What exactly is it about ? Will it be possible to code it ? Did you just decide that there was going to be an intro taking place in Italy without asking anybody and without a clue what the intro is about ? Do you just make it up as you go ? Why New York ? Just because ? What exactly are you talking about ? I don't get it. Sorry.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:06 PM

The cop missions, I had thought, were side missions, and as to the indian taxi driver missions, there's still room for them. The intro, as I have explained, would have to take place in italy out of necessity. We need to be introduced to the characters which according to a description of Antonio that I believe YOU wrote, were in italy before the story began.

I created this topic to try and get all the plot info in one place. This is the stuff that came into the topic. If there was a whole storyline about a cop written, shouldn't it have been posted here, and posted quickly?

I see no reason why the cop segment can't still exist. It could be an important part of the story.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:15 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 19 December 2003 - 10:21 PM.

Well, I DO belive I mentioned earlier that being a corrupt cop could be an excellent way to gain interest from the existing crime lords (whoever they are). And if the hole story line about progressing as a cop from patroling the streets to get promoted to water patrol, swat and whatever posted about very early in the script development would NOT be part of the main story, then that would be sort of "a big miss" wouldn't it ? Since the missions are already in there, planned and all that.

I like to discuss the MAIN story line, characters and all that, but please don't ignore what's already been scripted and discussed. Jumping in saying that there is going to be an intro going like this and that without people having a clue what you're talking about is really stretching it.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:19 PM

All right. In my opinion things have gotten way too far for people to be comming out NOW and mentioning gigantic plot changes. Does anyone else have a solution? What do WE want to do? There's not too much plot here, the few sub missions we have that are written around marco can change the name/mannerisms. Somebody (and more than one person) tell me EXACTLY what the base story is, and I'll modify the first post that nobody ever reads.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:21 PM Edited by DieselGT, 19 December 2003 - 10:25 PM.

I agree with Barton. It seems you've kind of created this storyline by yourself as you thought it up. It's also veeeeery predicatable and samey - note the amount of e's I used there. Every other crime sim so far has done a story like that:

• "Gift from above" (in GTA3 it was your prison transfer buddy being busted out, in Vice it was Sonny sending you down to VC, in Mafia it was the two thugs being near your car when theirs crashed)
  • Start out new in the city.
  • "Rise to power (and respect)" through several missions for several bosses.
  • Some kind of betrayal (Catalina in GTA3, Sonny in VC, Sam in Mafia)
  • End credits sequence.

You think we could do something different for a change? I like the idea of the cop missions to start off the game, and playing both sides of an investigation (investigator and criminal).

QUOTE (sadisticmachine)
In my opinion things have gotten way too far for people to be comming out NOW and mentioning gigantic plot changes.

Why? We haven't got anything story-related put ingame or ANYWHERE other than this thread.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:22 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 19 December 2003 - 10:25 PM.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe: The story works. The intro doesn't. The beginning has already been set. It's already in the script.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:26 PM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 19 December 2003 - 10:29 PM.

Something different. Ok, Give me something different. Criticizing the hell out of something you don't like won't turn it in to something you do like. Do we want the cop thing? Yes or no. Where is this guy from? Russia, Italy, what?

I've scratched the first post. Now that we all know what we're here for, it'd be best to rewrite it together, even if we do end up with the same thing.

EDIT: If there is something dealing with plot in the script, why isn't it HERE? Did someone want to tell me? before we hit 5 pages?

EDIT Again: I hope you're talking about the mission script, and not a plot script, cause if you neglected to post THAT here, I might do something irrational, like eat large quantities of olive loaf, or listen to Bjork.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:32 PM

hey wait a minute was it not my idea to start off as a cop and then progress through the game that sort of reminds you off max payne a cop to start with upholding the law and at the end a mass murderer

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:34 PM

Well, we may scratch that idea too. I think we have to take things in a new direction. Here I'll throw something out:

Russian

They have a mob, the accent is almost as bad@$$ as italian, and it would please snowracer to no end.

I'm not doing anything with it unless we all agree. Votes?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users