Photo

Author's Notes - Mission Storyline(s)

167 replies to this topic
Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 04:29 PM

Thanks Dan. The best thing is I don't have to rely on other people much. If I chose to, I could do a total conversion, nearly completely on my own. Only thing I can't do is cars.

I can map, mission script, texture and various other things, all to a pretty good standard.

But I'm assuming you like the idea.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ Dec 13 2003, 17:29)
Only thing I can't do is cars.

*hi-fives Opius* Any time you need anything in that department, call me. Your mission plan looks great fun, I like missions where you have multiple ways to finish it. In the first mission, maybe you only tell the player about harassing him at work in the game, and they can try to find out the other ways themselves.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ Dec 13 2003, 15:57)
For my missions...

Prelude.
This... guy's... wife was killed by dodgy brain implants manufactored by Virtudyne. A court case failed, and Virtudyne counter-sued, causing him to go broke. He now has a deep seated hatred of Virtudyne, and will do anything to get back at them.

Enter Tommy (The Player).

In a back alley on one of the lots, you meet up with a semi-insane bum, who wants you to destroy Virtudyne. He explains that he can supply you with anything you need for a hit, provided you can get the account numbers that his money is stored in.

Mission #1 : "The Executive"
You have to find one of the company executives and presuade him to hand over the account information.
Can be done in various ways, only condition is that he must survive.
Technique 1: Harrass him at work. Go to Virtudyne, find his office and beat him up. Could make future infiltrations of Virtudyne harder.
Technique 2: Wait for him to go to lunch, and attack the resturant while he's there.
Technique 3: Destroy things around his house, like his car, garden gnomes, etc.
Technique 4: Chasing him at anytime while he's travelling between locations.
Reward: $200 (What was in his wallet)

Mission 2 : "Manipulation"
Now that you've got the account details, you have to make the transfer. Go to a bank, and tell the cashier the tranfer it. The cashier will notice Virtudyne have locked down the account. The alarms are set off, and the police storm the building. Make it to the archives centre and make the transfer yourself, while avoiding dying. Then make it out of the bank anyway possible.
Reward: $2000 (A little missing here won't concern the bum)

Mission 3 : "Loaded"
With the money transferred, the bum hooks you up with an arms dealer. He pulls up at the end of the alley in a black van. You exchange the cash for the guns. As the transfer is in progress, a punk steals the can. Luckily, you already got a few guns out. You and the arms trader grab a passing car and take off after him. You must make sure the truck survives. One of you will be driving, the other will be shooting out the window. You can swap at anytime. Once the truck has stopped/driver killed, the mission ends and the weapons get delivered to the alleyway, respawning once every seven days.
Reward: $3000 (Money left over from the weapons), slowly respawning weapons.

Mission 4 : "Corporate Sabotage"
Armed to the teeth, you turn up at the Virtudyne building. Walk in, cap the guard at the front desk (no non-lethal tactics here) and proceed upstairs via the elevator. If you didn't walk right into Virtudyne in the first mission, the upstairs doors will be open, otherwise, you'll have to pick them (with explosives). Plant bombs in the main offices, in the technology center, and the secure safe. At this point, the police will be all over the building. Take your minigun and clear the parking lot from the office windows. Evade or kill the SWAT teams storming the building, make it to the rooftop helipad, detonate, and fly away with their military helicopter. Virtudyne interior nearly completely destroyed.
Reward: $25000 (Bum = happy), standard respawning weapons, after seven days the building gets fixed, and Hunter available from helipad.

Woah. Big post. I should be able to do a lot of the coding myself, and just get Barton to make sure I haven't majorly screwed up or something.

I will download it when it's done. Not to fix it, just to play it. Gotta be great.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:04 PM

OMG!!!! barton was positive and opius that sounds astounding!

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:14 PM

Maby i will fix it but not release it.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:16 PM

That is also an opportunity for Marco to take control of the building, advancing the general plot.

die Catalina die
  • die Catalina die

devil's advocate

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:24 PM

Is there anyway that non mission coders like me can come up with missions, and a coder can execute it for me? I can model, map, texture etc, but I'm lost on coding. I have a lot of ideas and I come up with more everyday when I ride the bus and look around at my surroundings. ( I live in NY, so I see a lot of potential places for missions. tounge.gif )

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:30 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 13 December 2003 - 08:32 PM.

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Dec 13 2003, 21:16)
That is also an opportunity for Marco to take control of the building, advancing the general plot.

great thinking. he could start selling brain implants. don't even need a vehicle for that. could do with a moped. throwing them about. gee. i'm too good at this. a pity i'm out. i bet somebody wouldn't like that perfect idea anyway.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:52 PM

Excellent. By my estimate, if he can take over 5 buildings on each island (minus funworld), we can count it as a crime syndicate. The Cyberdine building could become his corporate front. Once he owns enough of town to have taken it over, we can have an endgame mission, and then we have a plot! That's 15 mission lots, with a few more for side quests. Sounds like a game. smile.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Dec 13 2003, 20:52)
Excellent. By my estimate, if he can take over 5 buildings on each island (minus funworld), we can count it as a crime syndicate. The Cyberdine building could become his corporate front. Once he owns enough of town to have taken it over, we can have an endgame mission, and then we have a plot! That's 15 mission lots, with a few more for side quests. Sounds like a game. smile.gif

sounds like fun! since hobos are included i will be happy

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Dec 13 2003, 21:54)
sounds like fun! since hobos are included i will be happy

Now all we need are monkeys!

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 09:13 PM

Added your hobo to the character list opius. Named him Miles Dyson after the Cyberdine employee from T2. That good?

Gunmanvinnie
  • Gunmanvinnie

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 11:52 PM

so we got caponesters mission ideas plus opius's so that makes 9 and should hopefullybe done within half a month biggrin.gif
But 15 missions? nah i think we should have at least 50 or more,plus we should have unique jumps,rampages,hidden packages basically a new GTA! smile.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Dec 14 2003, 08:13)
Added your hobo to the character list opius. Named him Miles Dyson after the Cyberdine employee from T2. That good?

Thanks. Maybe we should call him Dyson Miles, as a nice spoof, and to avoid any (unlikely) copyright issues.

ZidaneTribal
  • ZidaneTribal

Voice Actor

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 03:34 AM

Just call him Myles Diceon and there's not much they can do. =P

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 09:51 AM

Nah. Dyles Mison all the way. biggrin.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2003 - 01:16 PM

But doesn't the authenticity of Opius's work make you want to throw copyright out the window? I can hear Edward Furlong's voice in the game already. "We've got company." "Police? How many?" "Uh, all of them I think." biggrin.gif Classic

I really hope after Myriad, Opius considers a T2 TC.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 05:14 PM

When I searched the net for Cyberdine, I found several small businesses that had borrowed the name. I think we're clear.

I just finished the script for the first Chang's mission:

Chang’s missions:

There is a gate next to changes that is partially open. The mission start location is in the gap, so that the player must go through it to enter.

Mission One: Wang Fao Mongolian

Scene 1 – EXT/DAY

Marco walks into the alley. He looks around briefly for anything of interest, shrugs, and turns to leave. When he spins around, a Chinese chef clubs him with a frying pan.

Scene 2 – INT/DAY

Marco wakes up in the dining room of the penthouse atop Chang’s. He is laying aside a Japanese-style kneeling table, across from a Chinese man in his forties. He speaks with an accent similar to Quai Chang Cain from Kung Fu.

Marco: “So you’re Chang.”

(A pause)

Man: “Chang Mongolian is my brother, he no longer lives here. I run the grill for him.  My name is Wang Fao.”

Marco: “Ah…well, uh, I don’t mean to pry, but ah, why am I here? I mean if you wanted  to invite me to a damn tea party, you coulda just had Chef Boyardee down there  fry up some canolis.”

Wang Fao: “You are the son of Antonio Biagino. I see much promise in an alliance  between us. I have much respect for your family. I trust the feeling is mutual.”

Marco (in chinese accent): “Yeah yeah, Mee love you long time, but me want go home now.”

He heads toward the door. A guard fires a shot over his head. He stops, and stares for a moment.

Wang Fao: “I would like you to do a job for me.”

Marco (still with accent): “Everything you want.”

Wang Fao: “There is a car outside. Take it to north street. An associate is waiting for it.”

Playable portion:
You step outside, and have to get into a black luxury car, and drive it to the other side of the map. As soon as you get in, an FBI car pulls out behind you, and the chase begins. Your wanted level is increased to five stars. To finish the mission, you must get the car to the man at the other side of the map, and allow him to take the car. He hands you $2000 for your trouble.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2003 - 05:29 PM

nice mission look forward to it

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 06:25 PM Edited by DieselGT, 14 December 2003 - 06:26 PM.

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Dec 14 2003, 18:14)
When I searched the net for Cyberdine, I found several small businesses that had borrowed the name. I think we're clear.

I just finished the script for the first Chang's mission:

Chang’s missions:
<snip>

I like. What kind of luxury car are we talking about here? I have a Brabus S V12 in the works right now (if you didn't know, it's a tuned Mercedes with about 640bhp, so it's classy and damned fast too), or are you talking about a limo-type car?

Will Chang-its himself make an appearance?

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 06:38 PM

Dunno bout chang being in it. Any sort of Lexus substitute will do.

Don Mewish
  • Don Mewish

Tea and Crumpets

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:00 PM

Can I write 3 side-missions? Probably driving or LFM-based, will you consider adding them...

~Mewish

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:04 PM

If you have a lot, then yes. Otherwise, you'll need to base it on someone else's lot. Also, make sure they fit into the general story.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:26 PM

so is this story gonna have a main story which is serious and a side story with sub missions for fun i think this is the best set up smile.gif i came up with this mission for odies berlin mod demo... tell me your thoughts not sure whether it fits in with main story or sub mission....

The day i shot my dad
Tommy walks up to the phone in lazio freaks park and answers. "Hey there tommy remember me? well i got some bad news your dad's been messing about with some bad bad punks down at the cannabis store these punks wont take no for an answer and they want your dad dead they are meeting him by the Odie fountain and they plan to kill him if you wanna save your dads ass i suggest you get to the rooftop pronto i have a barret waiting for you up there real simple pal shoot the 2 bastards talking to your dad then lose the cops but hurry you don't have long to get in position!"
now tommy is playable you have 45 secs to make your way from the park to the rooftop with the sparrow heli on it you pick up the sniper (vipers barret) and walk into the pink marker then you wait for the guys to come and meet your dad (some old ped) then you fire your dad will run away and you leg it down the stairs jump in a vehicle zoom into the pay and spray and mission over $1000 smile.gif what do ya think? worthy of being included?

Don Mewish
  • Don Mewish

Tea and Crumpets

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:26 PM

This is going to be good, I'm prodding illy to get me a lot for my mansion. I'm bagging a voice actor too... I'm going to do missions for a English "Businessman".

~Mewish

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:40 PM

Won't work. Tommy (Who's name is Marco now) has a dad who plays a key role in the plot. Read the first post to understand.

Don Mewish
  • Don Mewish

Tea and Crumpets

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:52 PM

Let me elaborate:

Character: Robert Thresher
Retired stock advisor from London, vacations in Myriad at the Mewington Estate, an upscale rental house. He has close ties to the Myriad underworld and finances druglords and launders their money through fake companies. Is always looking for hitmen to get rid of associates he doesn't fancy.

It'll be about 3 side missions, with minimal coding needed. Kind of like the Marty Chonks missions, but funnier.

~Mewish

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:54 PM

So you work for that guy Robert in the missions?

Do you have a location for the payphone or anything else involved?

Don Mewish
  • Don Mewish

Tea and Crumpets

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:59 PM

Yes, that's it... there will be a pager msg that directs him to my lot, and there will be a phone on my lot to use. I'm writing the 1st mission now.

~Mewish

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 15 December 2003 - 12:07 AM

Vice doesn't have a pager, it has a cell phone. No worries though. Just a bit o voice acting more. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users