» «
Photo

Author's Notes - Mission Storyline(s)

167 replies to this topic
sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:08 PM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 23 December 2003 - 11:02 PM.

All right, Here's where we can establish some basic plot points.

Characters:

ANTONIO BIAGINO: The biggest italian mafia boss of all times. Born in italy, found in a dumpster, arrested first time age 5, killed a kitten age 7, stole a car age 9, tried to rape a nun age 11 but could reach up, got arrested again age 13 for stealing a potato, said he was hungry (sad story confused.gif ), bought a car for stolen money age 15, got hired by the mob age 17, got boss age 43 and has killed half of Italy since. blush.gif

MARCO BIAGINO (The Player): Antonio's son, sent to Myriad to found his own crime syndicate.

MILES DYSON: A former virtudyne employee, he lost it all when he tried to sue virtudine for his wifes death, which was connected to some virtudine brain implants she'd recieved. Now he wants to hire revenge.

ROBERT THRESHER: Retired stock advisor from London, vacations in Myriad at the Mewington Estate, an upscale rental house. He has close ties to the Myriad underworld and finances druglords and launders their money through fake companies. Is always looking for hitmen to get rid of associates he doesn't fancy.

WANG FAO MONGOLIAN: The brother of Chang, founder of Chang's mongolian grill, Wang Fao runs a drug smuggling ring from changs. The suspicious disappearance of his brother which left him in charge of the club makes him an un-trustworthy character.

Plot:

The game will have you moving through myriad, completing jobs for various people on different lots. Certain lots will come under your control after you complete their mission. Once you control enough of Myriad, a final sequence can be triggered to tie up the game.

Timeline:

*an intro sequence: Marco is killed, or presumedly killed, and the rest of the game takes place in a flash back.

*Marco is turned loose in the town tocomplete missions at his leisure, slowly capturing buildings and gaining control

*A dramatic encounter with his father leads to the death as depicted in the intro.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:28 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 12 December 2003 - 11:41 PM.

You're talking about a plot and story-based sub missions. It sounds like you're setting the stage for a main story line WITH sub-missions. My cop mission, fire fighter mission and the park mission are like sub-missions. They don't require any special setup.

Anyway, I guess we need a main story line, so I'm pinning this as "Author's Notes - Mission Storyline(s)"

I think we can have lots of different stories mixed togheter, like a family father wants to work for the mafia. To join them, he needs to become a cop because corrupt cops are very valuable for the mafia. Just an idea.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:45 PM Edited by caponester, 12 December 2003 - 11:46 PM.

i have a few ideas it would roughly be a mix of 2f2f and mafia only different if you know what i mean.

The game starts off with you on a cop patrol mission in cop uniform you are told to go to a reported robbery at lets say odies lotto shop when you arrive you fight 2 armed robbers then pick up the breifcase they drop then the you get like 5 wanted stars and you realise you've been set up so you hop in a vehicle and zoom off to the nearest pay and spray and head back to your main hideout.This could be how the game starts any thoughts?

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:46 PM

I was thinking we just get a general storyline that sets up a character as being in the city, and looking for work. Then, missions can be set up independantly by lot. That way, we can swap out lots if that idea is still in vogue.

My story should be relatively independant, possibly a sub-story for any plot.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:47 PM

im all for a set up and looking for revenge story line not unlike gta3. This way we can have a cool ending where the character finaly gets revenge

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:49 PM

I was up for sort of a plot twist ending, kind of like Ocean's Eleven.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:57 PM

I'm thinking some special mission vehicles, like that tractor with pot smokers. Mission buildings are also important. What we need is a story. With a main story and/or a bunch of side stories, we will know what we need of buildings, characters, vehicles, locations and every thing else. So far, Myriad is not focused around any story.

Story settings: Pot smokers, corrupt cops, mafia, gangs ? indian taxi drivers ? drug dealers ? farms ? "comedy channel" ?

I don't see any limits when it comes to mixing stories.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 12:35 AM

I disagree with the concept. Every aspect of this project has been modular (or intended to be). For this reason, you can't guarantee what any one user is going to have as far as building sets and maybe even islands themselves. How do you build a story in an unknown environment?

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 12:36 AM

This was my original thought, but it seems the idea of a main story has caught.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:26 AM

we have gangs on gtaforums.com like Corleone Family Mafia or Leone Family Mafia...so we can use these names? (just my idea)
and if not so russian mafia

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 03:48 AM

Most of the forum families took their names from film or games.

Leone - GTA3

Corleone - Godfather

I still like Dominic Vitorelli, and I can do an italian accent should voice acting be necessary.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 10:00 AM

I was going to make some Terminator style missions for my Cyberdyne building, most notably the final one would be the raid on it.

I think that this MIGHT work, but it would need a lot of work from everyone, and a good leader. Barton's our man for the leader.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 12:05 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 13 December 2003 - 12:17 PM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Dec 13 2003, 01:35)
I disagree with the concept. Every aspect of this project has been modular (or intended to be). For this reason, you can't guarantee what any one user is going to have as far as building sets and maybe even islands themselves. How do you build a story in an unknown environment?

You sure got me wrong there. I was talking about "modular" stories that can be mixed into a main story. We don't need any special buildings for missions except the buildings where the mission are taking place in. We already have such buildings. I see NO REASON why we can't create more buildings for missions. I really see no reason why we can't discuss it. die.gif If we can't even discuss mission specific vehicles or buildings, how the heck can we make missions ? I know it's a kiddies forum, but if it's gonna be like "look at my painting, isn't it pretty ?", then it's not a community project, it's a BBS with nothing but paintings. Give me a break Demarest.

This thread is about a plot. It's about a story. Create the story first, then you get lots of plots, then you get ideas for buildings, vehicles, dynamic objects and cut-scenes. Main story line or sub-mission story line. Or just create a building, like a class room in a school and PRAY somebody got the brains to create a mission for it. I would like to see a story first, then buildings. It's not a requirement, it's a wish.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 12:15 PM

ok barton so for now you want to stick with sub missions and have no main polt. Fair enough how about a mission on odies property where you have to coolect protection money from all the shops like have a breifcase waiting to be picked up outside the car dealership,lotto store and hash shop then once all briefcases are picked up it tells you to go to the heli on the roof of one of odies buildings and fly it to lets say lazios park.Then some guys come out and a cutscene starts where your talking to them and they run away hop on sanchezes and zoom off you then have to chase em down once you do it mission over $5000

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 12:20 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 13 December 2003 - 12:29 PM.

QUOTE (caponester @ Dec 13 2003, 13:15)
ok barton so for now you want to stick with sub missions and have no main polt. Fair enough how about a mission on odies property where you have to coolect protection money from all the shops like have a breifcase waiting to be picked up outside the car dealership,lotto store and hash shop then once all briefcases are picked up it tells you to go to the heli on the roof of one of odies buildings and fly it to lets say lazios park.Then some guys come out and a cutscene starts where your talking to them and they run away hop on sanchezes and zoom off you then have to chase em down once you do it mission over $5000

ye, but I would like you to come up with something new, something original, something that actually require a special building or a special car. Something never seen before. I'm sure everybody has heard about "collecting money" before. No point in bringing something like that up. If you start talking about WHY somebody would wanna go do anything illegal in the first place, THEN we're talking.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 12:27 PM Edited by DieselGT, 13 December 2003 - 12:28 PM.

Original, eh... how about having to kill someone who is on fire and climbing up the outside of odie's tower? Be a police sniper in a SWAT team and have to snipe him off before he goes to blow up lots of trapped people in the tower. And then have another mission where you have to be the helicopter pilot to get the people out before he blows it up, rather than snipe him.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 12:35 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 13 December 2003 - 12:41 PM.

QUOTE (DieselGT @ Dec 13 2003, 13:27)
Original, eh... how about having to kill someone who is on fire and climbing up the outside of odie's tower? Be a police sniper in a SWAT team and have to snipe him off before he goes to blow up lots of trapped people in the tower. And then have another mission where you have to be the helicopter pilot to get the people out before he blows it up, rather than snipe him.

But where is the story ? Why would anybody want to kill somebody on fire ? Why would anybody wanna climb ODIE's tower ? I never wanted to climb that tower myself. Somebody requested it and I coded it. All we need is a reson why it all went bad. Like, Tommy lost his dog and went bananas.

A name and location is good I guess, but not if nobody knows something about the location why that name is a good name for a story. It like saying "I want the next GTA to take place in Las Vegas" without having a clue WHY it should take place there.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:10 PM

ok so what your saying barton if i understand you right is you want little missions ,no main plot but at the same time you want a story for them , a theme. Fine how about at the park there is five phone missions the brother one being last coz it's hardest. i was thinking a cool phone mission would be you have to pick up people who wanna go to the resturant what you do is drive around looking for people with arrows above their heads you stop beside them and they get in your car then you drive them to the resturant once you have picked all the passengers up you can buy the resturant as an asset and it generates money per day. I have some more mission ideas some would use the lots out already others use lots in the works.All of these are phone missions

dodgy dealer (phone mission 1)

wild man walton (phone mission 2)
In this mission you have to meet up with some hobo and his walton he tells you to jump in the back and pick up the ruger then you drive around myriad shooting some guys who have been stealing from his crop basicaly some will be on foot and others will be in cars either being pursued by you and wild man walton or pursuing you meaing you shoot them from behind.
mission success=$750

paying customers (phone mission 3)

mummy mia (phone mission 4)
this mission takes place in steve m's pyramid where some crazy guy is scaring all the customers away and is currently hiding in the pyramid armed to the teeth. The pyramid owner wants rid of him so he phones you to go i the pyramid glock in hand and waste him finding him would be the challenging part
mission success=$1500

brotherley love (phone mission 5)

tell me what you think of my ideas don't be to harsh

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:10 PM

Before we get a framework story, can we finalize any of the three fields in the 1st post?

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:21 PM

i dunno if i realy like Dom Vitorelli as his name sounds stupid

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Dec 13 2003, 13:21)
i dunno if i realy like Dom Vitorelli as his name sounds stupid

Well that's terebly constructive. confused.gif Do you have a name, or do you just want us to feel stupid?

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:24 PM

he can be without name like in gta3

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:29 PM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 13 December 2003 - 01:35 PM.

There are people who will need a name for him in the plot.

I found an italian name sight... I'll put a few possibilities here.

First name:
Federico confused.gif (Freddy the hired gun? Ewww.)
Marco smile.gif (I like that one)
Bruno devil.gif (Seriously tough!)

Last name:
Valerio
Valeria
Vitale
Vittore
Biagino
Calogera
Cipriano

I like the Vs for a last name, but all of the above are pretty good. Thoughts?

Here's the name sight btw:
http://www.behindthe...om/nmc/ita.html

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 02:06 PM

BIAGINO ? I want his story, tell me. happy.gif

This is what I mean about a story:
BIAGINO: The biggest italian mafia boss of all times. Born in italy, found in a dumpster, arrested first time age 5, killed a kitten age 7, stole a car age 9, tried to rape a nun age 11 but could reach up, got arrested again age 13 for stealing a potato, said he was hungry (sad story confused.gif ), bought a car for stolen money age 15, got hired by the mob age 17, got boss age 43 and has killed half of Italy since. blush.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 02:09 PM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 13 December 2003 - 02:12 PM.

Alright! Lets put that in!

Marco goes better with that name, so it'll be Marco Biagino

I'll add some more to the plot to explain why he's here.

EDIT: 43 is a bit old for the game character, so lets make Marco the game character his son, and call your guy Antonio Biagino, the mob boss.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 02:12 PM

Does he have to have an Italian last name? I think the V ones remind me too much of Vercetti and an italian name reeks of predictability. I propose:

Frankie
Paulie
Sam (all three stolen from Mafia tounge.gif )
David (might sound a bit wierd confused.gif )
Matthew (Matt)

I can't think of any second names right now.

MDee
  • MDee

^ LMFAO ^

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 02:20 PM

How 'bout MARCO CIPRIANO (or CIPRIANI)
btw: i like that story too =) its really CooL xmas.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 02:21 PM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 13 December 2003 - 02:22 PM.

Frankie and Paulie are italian names mad.gif tounge.gif .

I'm liking this Marco Biagino thing, and according to the plot we have set up, he's a native italian, so it'll have to be a pretty traditional name. I might start scripting an intro (plot script, not mission script), and then Barton can code it in.

Edit:
I'll leave it to vote: Post now, Cipriano or Biagino?

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 02:57 PM

For my missions...

Prelude.
This... guy's... wife was killed by dodgy brain implants manufactored by Virtudyne. A court case failed, and Virtudyne counter-sued, causing him to go broke. He now has a deep seated hatred of Virtudyne, and will do anything to get back at them.

Enter Tommy (The Player).

In a back alley on one of the lots, you meet up with a semi-insane bum, who wants you to destroy Virtudyne. He explains that he can supply you with anything you need for a hit, provided you can get the account numbers that his money is stored in.

Mission #1 : "The Executive"
You have to find one of the company executives and presuade him to hand over the account information.
Can be done in various ways, only condition is that he must survive.
Technique 1: Harrass him at work. Go to Virtudyne, find his office and beat him up. Could make future infiltrations of Virtudyne harder.
Technique 2: Wait for him to go to lunch, and attack the resturant while he's there.
Technique 3: Destroy things around his house, like his car, garden gnomes, etc.
Technique 4: Chasing him at anytime while he's travelling between locations.
Reward: $200 (What was in his wallet)

Mission 2 : "Manipulation"
Now that you've got the account details, you have to make the transfer. Go to a bank, and tell the cashier the tranfer it. The cashier will notice Virtudyne have locked down the account. The alarms are set off, and the police storm the building. Make it to the archives centre and make the transfer yourself, while avoiding dying. Then make it out of the bank anyway possible.
Reward: $2000 (A little missing here won't concern the bum)

Mission 3 : "Loaded"
With the money transferred, the bum hooks you up with an arms dealer. He pulls up at the end of the alley in a black van. You exchange the cash for the guns. As the transfer is in progress, a punk steals the can. Luckily, you already got a few guns out. You and the arms trader grab a passing car and take off after him. You must make sure the truck survives. One of you will be driving, the other will be shooting out the window. You can swap at anytime. Once the truck has stopped/driver killed, the mission ends and the weapons get delivered to the alleyway, respawning once every seven days.
Reward: $3000 (Money left over from the weapons), slowly respawning weapons.

Mission 4 : "Corporate Sabotage"
Armed to the teeth, you turn up at the Virtudyne building. Walk in, cap the guard at the front desk (no non-lethal tactics here) and proceed upstairs via the elevator. If you didn't walk right into Virtudyne in the first mission, the upstairs doors will be open, otherwise, you'll have to pick them (with explosives). Plant bombs in the main offices, in the technology center, and the secure safe. At this point, the police will be all over the building. Take your minigun and clear the parking lot from the office windows. Evade or kill the SWAT teams storming the building, make it to the rooftop helipad, detonate, and fly away with their military helicopter. Virtudyne interior nearly completely destroyed.
Reward: $25000 (Bum = happy), standard respawning weapons, after seven days the building gets fixed, and Hunter available from helipad.

Woah. Big post. I should be able to do a lot of the coding myself, and just get Barton to make sure I haven't majorly screwed up or something.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 04:25 PM

Hold onto a copy of that. Next time some 2nd day kid strolls in wanting to TC, show him that and ask him what HE has planned! That should shut most of them up that much faster wink.gif devil.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users