» «
Photo

The thread that started it all

18,729 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:36 PM Edited by Demarest, 14 March 2004 - 08:40 AM.

Latest version 1.2

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:37 PM Edited by Demarest, 04 March 2004 - 04:29 AM.

Here is the current file by Knux.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:50 PM Edited by Demarest, 06 February 2004 - 04:51 PM.

Okay guys, the new forum is set up. I've PMed illspirit to make him aware that it's ready for opening. So next time he's on and available, you can expect the new forum to be opened, this thread to be moved in there, pinned, and locked.

So once it's open, please everybody move in and start entering whatever data people are going to need. I did very little in terms of that and focused more on setting up the structure of the forum. Be sure to post your comments on it all.

If you'd like to setup your bookmarks/favorites now, the link to our forum is going to be http://www.gtaforums...p?showforum=104

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:35 PM

I can't wait to see it. Maybe things will pick back up with the project. Hopefully when I get home from work tonight, it'll be ready to go.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:42 PM

Will the su-forum be like that of Myriad Islands. With several topics, like help download centres and so on.
Well I was in favour of this before and im glad the mode has got its own, it deserves it great work guys.

Also I don't have the problem on the beach when I installed the highway update.

SteveM
  • SteveM

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 12:20 AM

forget about the beach it fixed itself after rebuilding. two more bugs

user posted image

user posted image

PineCreek-Skidz
  • PineCreek-Skidz

Retired GTA Modder

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 12:30 AM Edited by PineCreek-Skidz, 07 February 2004 - 12:35 AM.

This is great news, it will defiantly organize our efforts and make GTA-LC easier to install for people that are just joining us smile.gif
Iím actually pretty excited to see how it looks, nothing less than absolutely amazing if its coming from Demarest Iím sure.

I think we should celebrate with some cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

skidz

EDIT

SteveM:
-Your first pic looks like the textures have gone blue, Im not too sure what its all about but I have this problem with the bar barriers at the airport.
-Your second pic shows the split between light data and no light data. The object near by must have been edited in Zmodeler, and if thats the case the light data has been lost for that part of the grass.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 12:39 AM

Great to hear the sub forum has been created, this should give you guys room to spread your wings and continue your excellent work. As blair said I avoid posting here as I know how cramped this thread is without non-LC team members let alone with them.

Keep it up smile.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:17 AM

Locked and pinned at Demy's request.

ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:27 AM

ha, look at all these topics with no posts... you spamer demarest! tounge.gif

I like watching this mod blush.gif

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:29 AM

dontgetit.gif Whoa! Lots of topics. Glad gta:lc got a forum.

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:39 AM

Is anybody converting the police, fireman, etc. for this mod. If not i can try to do it.

fattony
  • fattony

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:41 AM

good to see a gta:LC fourm smile.gif since i look in the old one to see how things are.. and its going great.

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:49 AM

it meens only you and killer.ip can do something here? (moderators?)

sad.gif

still great to get a forum only for us smile.gif finally we have some organisation biggrin.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:15 AM

its great to see a GTA:LC sub-forum set up, that one thread was getting a little bloated

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:22 AM

Well, just taken a look at the thread we grew up in and we managed to break the 1k & 30k barriers for posts and page views respectively... she may have been a little tubby, but I'm going to miss the old gal. wink.gif

Just to let you all know this is going to be my first shot at moderating in the new forum, it's still nice and shiny so I hope I don't crash it on my first outing. Thanks for giving me opportunity Dem, can I take my L-Plates off yet. biggrin.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:31 AM

All images in this table made by yours truely, Opius
468X20 Banners
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
80X20 Buttons
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
64X64 Avatars
user posted image user posted image

How to link to this forum
CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?act=SF&f=104][IMG]--URL OF SELECTED IMAGE ABOVE--[/img][/URL]

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:35 AM

Just a quick post to introduce you to the file naming conventions you'll need to observe for your filenames to match the stations in the release GXT:
CODE
Old           New
Filename      Filename    

head.adf   -> wild.adf    
class.adf  -> flash.adf  
kjah.adf   -> kchat.adf    
rise.adf   -> fever.adf  
lips.adf   -> vrock.adf    
game.adf   -> vcpr.adf    
msx.adf    -> espant.adf
flash.adf  -> emotion.adf  
chat.adf   -> wave.adf

Old Name     New Name            GXT Entry

WILDSTYLE -> HEAD RADIO       -> FEA_FM0
FLASH     -> DOUBLE CLEFF FM  -> FEA_FM1
K-CHAT    -> JAH RADIO        -> FEA_FM2
FEVER 105 -> RISE FM          -> FEA_FM3
VROCK     -> LIPS 106         -> FEA_FM4
VCPR      -> GAME FM          -> FEA_FM5
ESPANTOSO -> MSX FM           -> FEA_FM6
EMOTION   -> FLASHBACK 95.6   -> FEA_FM7
WAVE 103  -> CHATTERBOX 109   -> FEA_FM8

You will need an original copy of GTA3 to make the necessary file transfers, a guide outlining the process will be posted shortly in the Audio topic. smile.gif

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:52 AM

Thanks I really do appreciate them and currently thinking of a way to set up a better sig with banner 1!

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:13 AM

Big props to you, Opius. Those kick arse.

PineCreek-Skidz
  • PineCreek-Skidz

Retired GTA Modder

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:34 AM

This will definatly help, and you have layed everything out real well Demarest. smile.gif

mer cinder
  • mer cinder

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:34 AM Edited by mer cinder, 07 February 2004 - 06:52 AM.

I've actually already done that for the project way back when it was first starting. I've done the cops, firemen, medics, cabbies (gonna redo them though I think) and FBI.

I was wondering if the undercover cops are still going to be in the game. Gonna have to redo them then.

----------MUCH BIGGER ISSUE-----------------
I honestly don't know the extent of other peoples endevours into recreating the GTA3 peds on the GTA: VC models. To the best of my knowledge, I'm the only one who has thuroughly looked through them.
I'll tell you this, as far as body structure goes, some sh*t just isn't going to happen. The gta3 models and VC models vary so incredibly much that I think recreating the GTA3 peds is just a phalacy. I've attempted to recreate about 8 models based on anotomy (body weight, height, gender, etc.) and it's just not looking too great. It's tough to apply a jacket onto a model created and skinned for a wife-beater. And obviously we haven't any VC peds that are wearing trenchcoats or large bulky hoodies like in GTA3. So, like I say, It's probably going to end up being a colder weather interpritation, more GTA3 stylized version of the VC peds. Unless of course we get a tool to convert models.
I think it would be better to recreate the face and skin color of the GTA3 equivelant, and then stylize and clothe accordingly to the VC model.

About Gangs.
I'm going to have to restylize the gangs as well. Obviously the Triads, hoods, and the Diablos can't have full out bandana's because there is no decent model to pull this off. We know the yardies look great (good job to whomever that was) and The unused bodyguard male looks great as a mafiaman. I'm having some trouble finding a decent model for the Columbians. Yakuza will be easy enough, a plumper person in a suit.

So, if you've got model alternates you think would work pleas post them.

Now these are specifics we have to deal with, the common peds will be easy enough because we don't have to recreate exactly. Just accordingly to the setting of LC.
As soon as Liberty Madness is completed, I'm ready and willing to take on the bulk of the ped skinning.

mer cinder
  • mer cinder

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:38 AM

right on man, thanks a great lot

kipo
  • kipo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 07:11 AM

yay, finally.

so knux or anybody, how can I help?

PineCreek-Skidz
  • PineCreek-Skidz

Retired GTA Modder

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 07:46 AM Edited by PineCreek-Skidz, 07 February 2004 - 07:46 PM.

Water Update
Just fills in some squares around portland, Staunton, and SSV.
The area around portland were the tunnel is cant really be fixed, so I believe a larger dock is being made to fill the hole.

Removed, I forgot those damn tunnels. Maybe I should use them for often.
Grab Outbacks.

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:14 AM Edited by [4D]Outback, 07 February 2004 - 08:28 AM.

If you filled in the holes I'm thinking of, there will now be water in the tunnel entrance near the airport and the Staunton subway entrance.

EDIT. Yep, the tunnel is definitely flooded. I even drowned trying to go through.

For those who may have missed it (Not sure if you were trying to update mine or did everything on your own, Skidz), here's a link to mine.

GTA:LC Water Fix

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Knux @ Feb 6 2004, 23:49)
it meens only you and killer.ip can do something here? (moderators?)

Not only ones that can do something. Just the only ones with the ability to override any unruliness or disorganizational antics. People seem to have a lot of respect for the mod and the team and I'm sure that for the most part it won't need such intervention except for the occassional stray...

@Skidz: Thanks. It will be even better after a few days when everybody starts "filling in the blanks". I'll have a few hours tonight to do exactly that.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:49 AM

You guys go ahead and figure out which one of the two is the better so I can edit the first post of this thread as well as add it to the official link thread to keep everybody up to date smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:57 AM

Well for right now, I just need somebody to come up with a list of all the GTA3 peds and which models they choose to replace them. The list itself is all I need. As for taking the peds themselves further, whoever (mer cinder?) can then take the VC models and skin them as well as he can. If we can't get a believable replica, then we will mark that one for need of a new model. Hopefully Steve's tool will make converting a GTA3 ped into a VC ped a relatively painless process.

It will be time consuming, but I think as with every other aspect of this mod, it will get done and well. I'm just looking for somebody to put their knowledge "on paper" so I can get started more with the coding. If there was an easy way to scan the code for which peds the code actually refers to, I would post it.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:02 AM

If we're going to convert the cars back to their GTA3 counterparts, then we need to edit the wheel textures. All of the wheels are very similar (161 in GTA3 = 251 in VC, 162 = 252, etc.) except the sports rims (160, 250) are different. Does anybody know how to export the textures of the wheels from part 3 so we can have the same tires? I cannot figure this one out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users