Photo

The thread that started it all

18,742 replies to this topic
Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 05 February 2004 - 09:39 PM

YAY @ Subforum rah.gif rah.gif I'll certainly be there to provide a hand.

And yeh, there was alot of extra crap left over in the GTAWO files.

SteveM
  • SteveM

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 February 2004 - 09:42 PM

These are bugs I have found after installing killer.ip's Bluehell and Broadway fix:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

all ive found after looking for an hour or 2

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 05 February 2004 - 10:16 PM Edited by killer.ip, 05 February 2004 - 10:33 PM.

Those look just like the problems I've been running into recently after leaving Moo Mapper to manage saving the .ide's and .ipl's. That's just through personal experience though, taking Moo Mapper's code and editing back in by hand seems to be the answer.

Strange thing is the released files were edited that way. No matter it'll take 5 minutes to redo and I'll upload the files again, should hopefully be the answer. smile.gif

A standalone bug report thread is mere days away... you're going to be in 7th Heaven Steve. wink.gif

[EDIT] In hindsight it looks as though I got a little trigger happy with the delete tool at Kenji's, but it's just been dawning on us how much more work that place needs anyway, it will be addressed soon. Checked Portland beach and it looks tip-top, can you install Skidz mapfix v3 again first, then add these updated files over the top. The bottom pic looks like a piece of LOD, should be sorted soon. smile.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2004 - 12:22 AM

I don't think the subway tunnel has an LOD.

freakin@
  • freakin@

Freakin@

• Members

Posted 06 February 2004 - 12:55 AM Edited by freakin@, 06 February 2004 - 01:41 AM.

Hey thank's yall but I Fixed it myself last night after I patched things with CraigKostelecky.Mean while I dissed rockstar which was for a reason,what you guy's have done is better than GTA3 or VC, and as I said I hope I havent pissed any one off and the game work's great,I'm only here to help and try and to provide support.Thank's for all biggrin.gif colgate.gif Freakin@
P.S.Hey I updated my post I went an tried blue hell fix and it realy f#*ked things up, thank God for back up well just thought I thought you might want to know.IM NOT COMPLAINING

PineCreek-Skidz
  • PineCreek-Skidz

Retired GTA Modder

• Members

Posted 06 February 2004 - 01:01 AM

SteveM: Woh there nervous.gif notify.gif cry.gif sad.gif
I gotta go check this out, so far I havnt had any problems.

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

aggronormical

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 February 2004 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (killer.ip @ Feb 5 2004, 17:16)
Those look just like the problems I've been running into recently after leaving Moo Mapper to manage saving the .ide's and .ipl's. That's just through personal experience though, taking Moo Mapper's code and editing back in by hand seems to be the answer.

Keep in mind that MooMapper does not recognize IDE object flags above 256. It was written before 512 and 1024 were recognized, and these cannot be edited into the objects via MooMapper... also, any object with these flags, if added to an IDE via MooMapper, will have flags 512 & 1024 truncated... so any IDE objects from MM need to be compared against the originals to check for altered flags. This no doubt was the original source of the window bugs (assuming MM was used to create those IDE's). I'm also not so sure it handles the other flags perfectly either, assuming MM caused the invisibility bugs as seen above. Basically, everything probably should be inspected by hand and eye, and edited where necessary- MPITA.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 11:45 AM

Small update. Our forum is erected. HOWEVER, it is currently set up to only be viewable by me and SA's until I have it set up. So I won't waste too much time here with details. Once I have things set up, I will ask illspirit to "release" the forum to the public. Anybody working on the team or interested in helping to the max should pop in and look over EVERYTHING to let me know what I've done wrong, what you'd like to see, etc. Once you've peeked over everything, post to your heart's content. Just keep it relevant and productive and know that that forum will be run rather strictly to keep it as concise and spam-free as possible. The entire team has done a marvelous job at making major headway on the project from this one sloppy thread. Now that we will have organization as an ally to speed up the processes, I will not tolerate any speed bumps in the form of spam, off topic posts, etc. None of us should.

On a side note, as per my request, killer.ip will also have Led-by status in our forum. This means he will have the ability to move threads out of the forum, lock threads, edit thread titles, pin and unpin topics, and edit or delete posts. I've seen his input in this thread and it is my opinion based on what I've seen of his involvement, friendliness, fairness, organization, etc that he can handle that responsibility responsibly.

@killer.ip: Do not worry. Being a Led-by there does not mean you HAVE to do anything at all. I will be visiting the forum at least once a day (much more frequently on days off) and will clean up any messes. So just take your time and ease into it or don't get involved at all if it makes you more comfortable. The choice is yours, just know that you have those abilities should you feel the need to exercise them. One such example would be one time I saw somebody make a map modding question thread in the Myriad forums. Obviously such a thread would belong in the map editing forums, not cluttering up Myriad's forum. Any questions at all, you know where to find me smile.gif

@Mark: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Your time spent in skimming over the thread for all release links saves me a bundle of time smile.gif rah.gif cookie.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 06 February 2004 - 12:00 PM

Just a quick note, an extremely easy to gather links for projects like this is to click on the "Print this page" link in the options menu at the bottom of the page. Every link will be displayed as plain text, and if you search for "http" you'll find every link. Plus the entire topic is now on one page.

Uh, thats all. Congrats on the sub-forum. This project definantly needs one.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 06 February 2004 - 02:31 PM

Just a quick note, an extremely easy to gather links for projects like this is to click on the "Print this page" link in the options menu at the bottom of the page. Every link will be displayed as plain text, and if you search for "http" you'll find every link. Plus the entire topic is now on one page.

Uh, thats all. Congrats on the sub-forum. This project definantly needs one.

D'oh I should have done that! I tried now but it seems to have capped at a character limit since I did not get the whole thread. I actually went over the thread page by page to gather links. (I got bored in my accounting II class, so I logged on and It took me the duration of the class)

Well since it is friday I better get started on cols.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 06 February 2004 - 02:38 PM Edited by killer.ip, 06 February 2004 - 02:41 PM.

With the recent explosion in popularity of the project this single thread's been getting a little cramped, the new subforum's going to change all that... give us all a little more room to breathe as it were. The amusement of several conversations going on at once got old fast.

Hopefully I'm just the first member of the team that's to be given led-by status, there are other friends here who have distinguished themselves in their seriousness and helpfulness. In the meantime I won't take this responsibility lightly and hope to at least try and grow into the position, I am here but to serve. smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback GoDK, I was worried I was going a little crazy experiencing bugs that I thought no-one else had noticed. I'd imagine KCow's aware of the research you've put into flag definition's recently and will be adding support into the upcoming new release of Moo Mapper, plus a couple of other issues we'd like addressed.

It's strange that gta wasn't allowing the alpha flag to be used with the object's I released the workaround for yesterday. No matter, I understand the technique now, and although it's not as clean and tidy as I would have hoped, it produces a result that's at least satisfactory.

[EDIT] Good luck with the coll's Mark! There's still a bunch of them left to do. turn.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 02:40 PM Edited by Demarest, 06 February 2004 - 02:47 PM.

Opius is going to be working on some graphics for us guys. When he's finished, we'll be able to add LC badges, banners, avatars to our profiles. smile.gif

I'm still in the process of planning the new forum. Been collecting data, etc. Just went through each page of this to make a who's who list and such. Doing so makes me want to point out something that might be difficult to swallow right away. As we know, certain aspects of the mod have experienced multiple version with multiple authors. Being that this is a community project, this is perfectly okay and normal. Since we are working together, this apparent conflict is actually HELPFUL as it lightens the load and gets more people involved. Good examples of this would be the paths and the car conversion schedule. As a result of the gigantic amount of info in this thread as well as such conflicts, THE OPENING OF THE NEW FORUM WILL ACT AS A RESET BUTTON FOR THE ENTIRE PROJECT.

Do not panic; it will only take us a few days at most for the dust to clear. It's hard to make progress on such things in a single thread. With separate threads for separate issues, it will pave the way for various authors, contributors, and bystanders to offer their work, thoughts, testing, and support. This will actually HELP us. Again, a good example would be car conversion schedule. Somebody can post one, then we can discuss the errors, possible corrections, etc. I will--as well as public preference--decide which ones are OFFICIAL. This will help the entire process of idea --> manifestation/discussion --> release more solid and streamlined.

Because there are so many aspects of this mod and I'm putting a lot of time in trying to set it up when I should be sleeping, I'll probably just be laying the foundation for each thread. This means that each of you will have to post what work has been done in that area, official or not. That way we can go from there to further that area and come that much closer to arriving at an official version. The exception to this will be the download links as Mark was kind enough to compile that for me so I can just insert it in there first thing. Since I will have the first post in most of these threads, I can edit them (the original posts) to constantly reflect whatever is current. While that process alone will be time consuming, I'm going to keep on it. Keep in mind that killer.ip will be able to make such edits too since he is a Led-by of the forum as well. Together, we will keep all data current.

I just wanted to let everybody know this so that when the forum opens and you see a decent amount of seemingly empty threads, you won't be shocked or confused. It's up to all of us to continue this work, post, and help decide what's in or out. I plan on making a thread for ALL first-time forum visitors to read that will contain the rules, our expectations, etc. Be sure to check it out. Also, I am in the middle of my work week and I should be sleeping. Instead, I'm going to stay up as long as I can getting the foundation laid because I'm trying very hard to get things set up so that the forum can be opened either before or as early into the weekend as possible as I expect this is when you lot have the most free time. So please bear with me. I'm giving it my all smile.gif

@killer.ip: A Led-by position is no joke. I knew you would handle the position appropriately which is why I asked illspirit to give it to you without thinking twice. It's also for this reason that I think the amount of led-bys in any given forum should be quite limited. Besides, no single member has contributed more (after Skidz's release of course) than yourself. Furthermore, you have tremendous organizational skills and most importatnly, you've kept a level head and a positive attitude 100% of the time. That's not to say that other members don't fit this profile, as I believe that at least a couple of others do too. But the fact remains that you definitely stick out in this department and since the amount of led-bys should be kept as small as possible, I left it to us. If the load becomes unbearable, I'll ask illspirit to add another. For now, I think we can handle it. It will be hectic at first, but I think we've all banded together quite fine and I think the transition to populating a new forum will go just fine since everybody does such excellent work getting along together anyways.

Good job everybody! Not only are you all the fuel, but you all work well together. I cannot express how important this is. I also wanted to note that I've sent a PM to all of our "fallen brothers" to alert them that our new forum will be opening, so participating will be a lot less restrictive in a single thread smile.gif

blaer
  • blaer

boo!

• Members

Posted 06 February 2004 - 02:49 PM

great to hear you guys got the sub forum. i didnt post in here anymore to keep it clean for you guys to work, besides all i could do is say rah.gif 10 times a day lol

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 03:22 PM Edited by Demarest, 06 February 2004 - 04:17 PM.

user posted image
Welcome to the home of GTA:LC. This is the introductory topic to help you get the most out of this project.

- Thanks to gtaforums.com, Tank, and illspirit for their support and effort in giving this project the room it needs to effectively grow and develop.

- GTA:LC is not a project for developing free-standing mods. Our primary goal is to fully convert GTA III into VC's engine. The finished product will be as close a replica to the original GTA III as possible. All OFFICIAL work will be aimed towards that goal. If you have mods, ideas, suggestions, or requests for things that are not in GTA III, you are welcome to post them in the UNOFFICIAL MODS thread.

- This is a public project. While those involved do have a family feeling, anybody is free to contribute in any way they feel they can and those who have contributed can walk away at any time. PineCreek-Skidz pioneered the GTA:LC files with help from Run down that guy!! I have lead the effort for this particular application of the GTA:LC files with help from Knux, but it is still a public project. Most every aspect of the mod's development is public fueled. And now killer.ip is also a co-leader as well as the other moderator for this forum.

- We are in NO WAY affiliated or associated with GTA:WO. PineCreek-Skidz pioneered the GTA:LC files with help from Run down that guy!! The files were then exclusively released to GTA:WO and LC2004. LC2004 was very active, but had the goal of a totally different mod. It is now officially dead. GTA:WO has big dreams of LC and VC in one game, multiplayer support, etc. Their leader Redspike has made many empty promises to the public over the months and in fact their team has done little with the files in their time with them. They were the first to actually release the GTA:LC files to the public, whereby the GTA:LC effort was formed. So WO has made NO efforts in our favor and we do not work for them. Our work is public, so they as well as anybody else are free to benefit from our progress. We hope that this openness will actually encourage others to get involved as it already has.

- Although it may be confusing to use the exact same name for the team as the original files came to be known by, there is a reason for it. I originally came up with the idea to call the conversion effort GTA:LC as the name itself is the perfect blend of GTA III and GTA:VC. Since this project is focused on exactly that, I've decided to keep that name.

- For the longest time, this project was restricted to a single thread. This made the project, its info, and its downloads very disorienting for newcomers and alumni alike. Having our own forum will make progress for both that much easier. As a result, we would like to keep this forum as clean as possible. So if you would like to post, please take a moment to make sure you do so in the right place. This will help us all to work together that much more concisely. We are all a friendly bunch, we will take strong efforts to keep our forum clean. So please help us by observing the following rules:
  • Only post info/questions in this forum that is specific to this project.
  • Search existing threads/posts before creating a new topic.
  • Post in the thread that best suits your concern/question/information.
  • Do not double post. Use the edit button.
  • Be kind to one another. Abuse towards visitors/contributors here will not be tolerated.
  • Before reporting a bug, make sure you are using the most current files.
  • Before reporting a bug, make sure it hasn't already bee reported.
  • Before reporting a bug, make sure you have manually rebuilt gta3.img
  • When creating a new topic, make your topic title and description as informative as possible.
- Again, this is a public effort. This is OUR mod. If you have ANYTHING to contribute, even if it's just advice, we want to hear it. If you find anything lacking at all, point it out. Communication has been our most useful ally and will continue to be.

- This entire project is a WIP (work in progress). Therefore incompleteness is to be considered the norm. Because every aspect of this mod is constantly evolving, the pace is fast. We will make our best efforts to keep all data as current as possible. So be sure to visit the first post in each thread and check it's edit date and time to see how current it is compared to the most recent post of progress.

- For those that are used to tracking just our thread and not forums worth of info, here's a trick to help keep you current. When you visit the forum, any thread that has posts you have not read will have an envelope icon next to it that appears lit up.

TO THE CONTRIBUTORS OF THIS MOD

- Be kind to one another. There are going to be disagreements and conflicts of opinion. By our greatest asset is manpower and we can't afford to lose anybody over a difference of opinion. So try to work together and in an honorable manner.

- Since this mod is public, it is up to each of you to take charge of whatever you're doing and do what it takes to make it the official release we're all working towards.

- Some aspects of the mod have several people working on the same thing. Even once an official release version of something has been decided upon, it will still be open for discussion. We want the mod to be as good as possible and settling for anything less than the best should not be an option for any of us. So do not hesitate to challenge the usefullness/efficiency of an official version and don't take offense to those that challenge them.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 03:34 PM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 14 August 2012 - 05:07 PM.

Meet The Team

The following is a list of everybody who has contributed to this mod. Being that this is a public effort, there is no official "team" per se, but rather a list of contributors. If we were in fact a team, anybody who has contributed could be a part of it. I don't want to think of it as an official team because that could mean that some people who may not want the commitment because they simply don't want it or may think they could fail it, would not contribute.

The list is in no particular order and lists everything the person has helped with. If I have forgotten you or forgotten something you've contributed, post here asking to be added. If you'd like to be discreet, PM Craig . But DO NOT BE MODEST. We all deserve credit for what we've done.

MemberContribution(s)
PineCreek-Skidz
GTA:LC files creator, mapping, textures, water, environment, mod support
killer.ip
ex-forum moderator and co-leader, textures, mapping, audio, data compilation, mod support, planes, text
Demarest
project founder, original team leader, coding, graphics, mapping, cars and weapons schedule, text
Craig Kostelecky
Team Leader, forum moderator, coding, GXT conversion, mod support, cars schedule, textures, audio, hosting, etc.
Ben
ex-team leader, beta tester/bug finder, ex-forum moderator, GXT editing, mod support, audio, HTML readme
SteaVor
ex-team leader, forum moderator, coding, GXT conversion, collision fixes, hosting
ModelingMan
forum moderator, peds, trainer, menu hacking, beta tester/bug finder, graphics, audio, outro screen
Knux
ex-WO, ex co-leader, paths, cars, data compilation
Mark Pagliaro
textures, data compilation, mod support, peds, train/subway models
Hammer83
coding, graphics, tooling, launcher, EXE hacking, paths, cutscenes, audio, water, mod support
spaceeinstein / space_einstein
forum moderator, beta tester/bug finder, DAT files, texture updates, audio, graphics, paths, collision updater, mod support, SCM bug fixes, and a LOT more
SilentPL
coding, EXE hacking, mod support
[4D]Outback
mod support, water, audio, model fixes
PatrickW
train and subway conversion, coding, mod support
CTM
installer, mod support
Konstantinos
SCM bug fixes, beta tester/bug finder, mod support
kipo
paths, planes
ghost of delete key
mod support, environment
Luke
data compilation, mod support, web support, paths, installer, file conversion
jcab42
mapping, mod support, expansion support
Diamond Joe Quimby
mapping, mod support
Gforce
mapping, mod support, IMG compilation
KoLSPD2
ped conversion, mod support
Aztlan
audio, data compilation, mod support
ghost_master2000
tool support, mapping
crazydude
ex-WO, cars, mod support, skins
DaEllum67
coding
Y_Less
coding, ex-forum moderator
TwoZero
coding
TbM2k
coding
sleeper777
coding
Thesord
coding
Samutz
coding, hosting
silver007
vehicle bug fixes, ped conversion, conversion of Bistro interior from San Andreas
Squiddy
EXE hacking, mod support
NTAuthority
EXE hacking, mod support
rmws.
EXE hacking, mod support
Bebop
ped conversion
Ryan_
building collisions
[DMA]Blunted
building collisions, audio
Flat Face
building collisions
Cowboy 666
ped dialogue conversion
Blunted1
mod compilation, release coordinator, data compilation, mod support
wnuczek
mapping, transparency problems
Posty_2k3
graphics
Run Down That Guy
contributor to original GTA:LC files, ported GTA:LC to X-box
JernejL
dodo conversion help
Opius
mod support, team graphics
madbitch
skins, textures
Hollower
mod support, environment
steve-m
models, environment
roger1079
beta tester/bug finder, mod compilation
GT-1
beta tester/bug finder, mod support, mapping, textures
VGF
Spanish translation (and English GXT bug fixes)
MoeRonimoe
Initial German translation
Main_Salvadore
Russian translation
Knightriders
French translation
Wasyl-Pasyl
Polish translation
MegaVovaN
beta tester/bug finder, hosting
Calzinger
beta tester/bug finder, hosting
Dominion Spy
graphics
OnePiece
graphics
Dalpura
hosting
Sputn1k
textures
AK-73
player animations, ped conversion, EXE hacking
random_download
EXE hacking
AdTec_224
ped conversion
T-V
intro movie
dex909
wet roads IDE fix
simplyunkillable
vehicle conversion
nsane
installer
[DRuG]Smallo
hosting
Dygear
beta tester/bug finder
Lix
beta tester/bug finder
karlneil
beta tester/bug finder
TheAnswer
beta tester/bug finder
largopredator
beta tester/bug finder
freakin@
beta tester/bug finder
madguy
beta tester/bug finder
SteveM
beta tester/bug finder
GTA_Thomas
beta tester/bug finder
Serafim
beta tester/bug finder
Kurropt Antagonist
beta tester/bug finder
Monitor57
promotional trailer

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 03:41 PM Edited by killer.ip, 12 February 2004 - 07:08 PM.

Team Members Pages:
Demarest
Knux

Archive Pages:
Smithers2

Latest File/Patch Releases:
FileAuthorRelease DateFile Size
LC/VC Map OverlayDemarestJan 15 2004, 03:33116 KB
GTA3:LC Menu SplashesDemarest/killer.ip/rerunFeb 12 2004, 16:12596 KB
GTA3:LC Icon[4D]OutbackDec 30 2003, 01:371.2 KB
american.gxt v1Demarest/killer.ipFeb 7 2004, 10:06111 KB
Nomad SCM v3DemarestJan 26 2004, 11:128.2 KB
Mapfix v3Pinecreek-SkidzFeb 2 2004, 21:16316 KB
Vehicle & Ped Pathskipo/KnuxFeb 12 2004, 15:1398 KB
GTA3/LC Vehicle ConfigsCraigKosteleckyFeb 11 2004, 16:5116 KB
Water Map Update[4D]OutbackJan 27 2004, 03:15847 bytes
Cull UpdatePinecreek-SkidzDec 20 2003, 20:0230 KB
Object UpdateKnuxDec 9 2003, 11:274 KB
Scenery Flicker Fixkiller.ipJan 18 2004, 19:44727 bytes
Portland Dark Road FixPinecreek-SkidzJan 31 2004, 23:44266 KB
Portland, SSV & Vegetation 2D Fixes killer.ip/MarkPagliaroJan 21 2004, 13:474.46 MB
Staunton 2D FixesMarkPagliaroJan 26 2004, 01:203.21 MB
Staunton Blue Hell Fixkiller.ipFeb 7 2004, 00:44863 KB
Transparent/Breakable Glass Fixkiller.ipFeb 2 2004, 03:27266 KB
DXT Compressed Textureskiller.ipJan 19 2004, 18:1517.0 MB
Additional Staunton Modelskiller.ipFeb 3 2003, 18:09109 KB
Updated Collision Fileskiller.ipFeb 7 2004, 20:541.24 MB
GTA3 Hidden PackagesPinecreek-SkidzDec 20 2003, 18:575 KB
GTA3 Wheel TexturesCraigKosteleckyFeb 7 2004, 05:5923.3 KB
Water & Wake TexturesmadbitchJan 21 2004, 11:16444 KB
Casino Heli Pad Updatekiller.ipJan 26 2004, 01:0182 KB
Airtrain Height & Flightplan FixMarkpagliaro/kipo/killer.ipFeb 3 2004, 16:2052 KB
LCPD MaverickMarkPagliaroJan 27 2004, 09:1218 KB
LC DodocrazydudeDec 25 2003, 02:36123 KB
Fido Player ModelST:MUJan 6 2004, 22:5876 KB
Fido & Maria Skins - betaSilent ViperDec 16 2003, 16:25230 KB
Yardie Skin - betamadbitchJan 21 2004, 13:16315 KB

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 06 February 2004 - 03:48 PM

I was about to ask when we will have the sub forums because this thread is too big tounge.gif But seems like we got it smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 03:50 PM Edited by Demarest, 06 February 2004 - 04:13 PM.

Here is a place for people to report any bugs, glitches, or incomplete items they find. Please only post problems that haven't already been posted here. And please do not post a bug unless you have first tried to rebuild the gta3.img manually since your last mod install. This is also a good place for those who want to contribute but don't know how to come to see what needs to be done.

If you are going to report a bug, please be as specific as possible and offer any information that might be helpful to tracking down the issue. If it's a bug you feel is a direct result of a particular release, then please post it in the thread that that release was made.

It would also be helpful if you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing if it can be shown visually. To do this, just press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. This will place whatever you're looking at onto the clipboard. Then you can open up MSPaint or any image editing software, and paste it in there. Then resize it any size you want with a width of 640 or less and save it to your hard drive. You'll need to host the image, preferably with a host that allows direct linking. Many ISP's give their members some webspace, so you can check that route. If you need a host, feel free to check out my pinned image hosting thread for options. Then when you're making your post, click on the IMG button above the field you type in and type the URL of your pic into the pop-up field. Then your pic will show up in the thread. If your host doesn't support direct linking, then you'll need to instead click on the http:// button and enter in the URL of the pic, and then a title for it.

Once a particular bug is either deemed as not a bug at all or is in fact solved, I will edit the post with some text at the bottom indicating that it was solved. This should help keep the information within as current and accurate as possible.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:04 PM Edited by Ben, 07 January 2007 - 11:32 PM.

Unofficial Mods

Many people see the GTA:LC files and think of all the cool ways they could mod GTA III in VC's engine. Hey, we all want to have fun, right? Well just like with GTA III and GTA:VC, anybody with GTA:LC installed can mod their game to their liking however they want.

In the past, we have pushed aside all such talk because we only had the one thread to work with and that was our only way to get work done. But we want you to have fun and to be able to enjoy our work any way you like. So now you can have this thread to release your mods for GTA:LC, offer ideas, suggestions, and requests for such mods.

So what's the difference between an official mod and unofficial mod? For the most part, it's just going to be the difference between what's actually in GTA III and what isn't. If it's in GTA III, then it belongs in GTA:LC. If it's not in GTA III, then it could be an unofficial mod and belongs here.

If you have a mod that you'd like to release, or you need to update your mod, please contact MegaVovaN and he can host it for you.

Liberty City Movies:
FileAuthorRelease DateFile Size
PCJ Stunt Movie
spaceeinstein
Jan 3 2004, 19:43
22.7 MB
PCJ Express Movie
[4D]Outback
Feb 3 2004, 03:33
6.2 MB
Unofficial Releases:
FileAuthor(s)Release DateFile Size
X-Box Textures
[4D]Outback
Feb 9 2004, 03:02
360 KB
GPS Radar Pack
Hammer83
April 7 2004, 00:48
654.7 KB
GTA3 Beta Police Vehicle
Monitor57
May 22 2004, 20:36
638 KB
Hi-Res HUD Weapon Icons
Commando Funebrero
May 26 2004, 02:51
1.62 MB
Modded Vice City BF Injection
[4D]Outback
May 28 2004, 21:14
67 KB
GTA3 FBI Cheetah
silver007
June 14 2004, 14:04
112 KB
Weapons mod
PsychoFreak
Jul 30 2004, 08:49
1.82 MB
Northern Lights mod
spaceeinstein
Aug 6 2004, 14:50
8 KB
Full Wing Dodo
[4D]Outback
Jan 20 2005, 22:42
116.2 KB
SA Vehicles For LC
silver007
Aug 12 2005, 11:55
314 KB
Marco Bistro's Interior v2
silver007
Aug 22 2005, 19:31
1.73 MB
LC Style Weapons Icons
Main_Salvadore
Aug 29 2005, 23:17
31.5 KB
LC Premier
scalliano
Sep 20 2005, 06:25
39 KB
Snow Mod for LC
NathanHenry
Oct 5 2005, 15:27
2.02 MB
VC Cars In LC (Alpha 0.1)
--Cole--
Nov 5 2005, 07:53
1.116 MB
Non-hostile Gangs
Konstantinos
Nov 10 2005, 06:28
1.4 KB
VC Weapons In LC
Konstantinos
Dec 17 2005, 04:52
722 KB
SA Claude for LC
silver007
Dec 27 2005, 07:33
111 KB
"Hello Again" LCS Sign for LC
silver007
Dec 27 2005, 07:33
24.7 KB
Shoreside Bridge for LC
Released by
Ben
Jan 5 2006, 09:20
185 KB
X-box GTA3 Wheels
Run Down That Guy
Feb 5 2006, 04:59
159.8 KB
Bike Missions
bloodyskies
Feb 19 2006, 06:56
759.5 KB
SA Cluade Skin Pack
(Tree-Boy and Beavis!)
marr0w
Mar 19 2006, 12:56
116.6 KB
Liberty Studios 3.3 (and 3.1 Source)
( Download | Source | Release/update topic )
ceedj
Mar 29 2006, 09:38
240.6 KB
New Train Model/Interior
Nach_Scratch
Apr 10 2006, 05:54
269 KB
LCS Police Bike
Nach_Scratch
Apr 11 2006, 06:59
68 KB
Liberty City Road Textures (Improved)
Diamond Joe Quimby
Jul 5 2006, 10:46
4.48 MB
ID Cheat Fix
Konstantinos
Aug 27 2006, 04:24
981.3 KB
"Clean" LC Cars
(LCS Style)
Sinful
Sep 1 2006, 02:13
1.36 MB
LC To LCS
Nach_scratch, NathanHenry, TripleAs, Futurama Freak, dingleman
Oct 13 2006, 06:21
65.08 MB
Empty Liberty City
space_einstein
Dec 28 2006, 14:36
54.7 KB

Modding Tools:
ToolAuthorDescription
IMG Tool 2.0
Spooky
For modifying you gta3.img file (adding, deleting, etc., files from the archive).
Mission Builder 1.5
Barton Waterduck
For modifying your main.scm (customised for Liberty City).
Collision File Editor II
(link to Official Site)
steve-m
For editing files with .col extension, which control collision data.

PLEASE NOTE:
  1. For information on how to install a mod, please contact the author via PM if a readme is not included.
  2. If you have a mod that you'd like to release, or you need to update your mod, please contact MegaVovaN and he can host it for you.
  3. spaceeinstein's Northern Lights Mod does not work with the latest v6test package (it causes a crash). But, it should still work with v5b.
THANKS TO MEGAVOVAN FOR HOSTING ALL OF THESE MODS smile.gif .

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:06 PM Edited by Demarest, 18 March 2004 - 11:52 AM.

This thread will be where paths discussion and releases will take place.

Here is the paths for the MOVED LC thanks to Knux, kipo, and Smithers2.

Here is the latest thanks to Knux and kipo.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:09 PM

This topic has nothing to do with the mod itself. This is where we can discuss the way this forum is run. If you need killer.ip or myself to intervene, here is one place you can do it. If you have a question, problem, or suggestion about how this forum is run, bring it up here. Remember, this is a PUBLIC project and everybody has a voice.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:12 PM

This is for the textures of the game. Interaction in this forum will most likely require the use of Spooky's IMG Tool 1.3 and the swapping of TXDs and DFFs as needed. Always remember to rebuild the archive manually even if you use an autoinstaller!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:20 PM Edited by Demarest, 26 February 2004 - 02:49 PM.

authorlinkrelease datefile size
Demarestdirect link to a ZIPFeb 26 200422.9 KB
Because the SCM is huge and is my specialty, this thread will probably not see much action at all in terms of contributions from others. It will be where to go to get the most recent SCM. Or you can post in here to remind me of what needs to be done, tweaks that can be made, etc. Try not to be redundant with the suggestions and such.

[EDIT] Starting with v4, source code is included. Anybody is free to do what they want with it; it is included for no particular reason except to mirror it.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:23 PM Edited by Ben, 27 May 2006 - 01:31 AM.

Audio

This is the thread for all audio discussion and releases.

Here's how you convert the radio stations. You do not need to convert the GTA3 radio stations AT ALL to hear them in GTA:LC. You can leave them as waves, or you can convert them to mp3 to save hard drive space, the choice is yours.

To do this, open up the gta-lc.ini file in Notepad. The beginning should look like this:
CODE
[Exe]
Path=.\gta-vc.exe
Version=10
ChangeTaskBar=0

[WavePath]
25=AUDIOLC\COMopen.wav
26=AUDIOLC\SUBopen.wav
27=AUDIOLC\BET.MP3

And so on. To get the GTA3 radio stations, you need to make sure that the radio stations from the GTA3 CD are in the audioLC folder with their original names. If you change them to mp3s or move them somewhere else you have to change this to match your settings. But if you simply copy the files from your CD to your audioLC folder, this is what the beginning of your gta-lc.ini should look like.
CODE
[Exe]
Path=.\gta-vc.exe
Version=10
ChangeTaskBar=0

[WavePath]
0=AUDIOLC\head.wav
1=AUDIOLC\class.wav
2=AUDIOLC\kjah.wav
3=AUDIOLC\rise.wav
4=AUDIOLC\lips.wav
5=AUDIOLC\game.wav
6=AUDIOLC\msx.wav
7=AUDIOLC\flash.wav
8=AUDIOLC\chat.wav
25=AUDIOLC\COMopen.wav
26=AUDIOLC\SUBopen.wav
27=AUDIOLC\BET.MP3

That should give you GTA3 radio stations, enjoy.

For more information, see Craig's post directly below this one wink.gif .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

All audio updates are linked to throughout this topic are covered by the Beta2 v5b installer.

However, updates released since then can be found in the following places:
Here - thanks Ben
Here - thanks Ben
Here - thanks spaceeinstein
Here - thanks spaceeinstein

Also note that Hammer83's Audio Blanking Tool is to be included with the Beta2 v6 installer - this tool blanks out all unused VC audio in your LC\Audio folder.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:25 PM Edited by Demarest, 07 February 2004 - 04:08 PM.

mod target file(s)authorlinkrelease datefile size
wheels.txdCraigKosteleckydirect link to a RARFeb 7 2004, 05:5923.3 KB

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:28 PM Edited by Ben, 07 February 2007 - 02:12 AM.

Weapons

The slots for the weapons are as follows:
Weapon TypeIn-Game Slot (VC)SCM NumberVC WeaponLC Weapon
Melee
Unarmed
Unarmed
Brass Knuckles
Screwdriver
Golf Club
Nightstick
Knife
Baseball Bat
Baseball Bat
Hammer
Cleaver
Machete
Katana
Chainsaw
Grenades
Grenade
Grenade
Grenade
(used with detonator)
Teargas
Molotov Cocktails
Molotov Cocktails
Rockets
(not rocket launcher)
Pistols
Colt45
Colt45
Python
Shotguns
Shotgun
(Chrome)
Spas 12 Shotgun
Stubby Shotgun
(Buddyshot)
Shotgun
Sub-Machine Guns
Tec9
Uzi
Uzi
Silenced Ingram
MP-5
AK-47
Assault Rifles
M4
M16
Ruger
Heavy Weapons
Rocket Launcher
Rocket Launcher
Flamethrower
Flamethrower
M60
Minigun
Heli Cannon
(Sea Sparrow/Hunter)
Heli Cannon
Sniper Rifles
Sniper Rifle
Sniper Rifle
Laser Scope
Miscellaneous
Detonator
Detonator
Camera

The LC weapons, in the order of GTA3 in-game slot numbers are:
LC Weapons
Unarmed
Baseball Bat
Colt45
Uzi
Shotgun
AK-47
M16
Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Flamethrower
Molotov Cocktails
Grenades

The in-game slot numbers have been adjusted slightly in LC in an attempt to replicate GTA3's weapons, although there is a rather significant issue of not enough in-game slot numbers to have a perfect GTA3 transition of weapons. Ideally, an EXE hack will provide us with this, but it doesn't look too promising at the moment confused.gif .

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:30 PM

This is the thread for all graphics related discussions and releases.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:31 PM

All mapping discusion and releases will go here.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:33 PM

Converting the Dodo into LC is going to be a challenge. If it can be done, it will take modding of many different files to support. I think it needs its own thread.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:34 PM Edited by Demarest, 06 April 2004 - 12:57 PM.

This thread is now outdated. Left for archive purposes. New thread is available here where MarkPagliaro and ModelingMan are leading the effort to convert the ped models from GTA3. smile.gif

mod target file(s)authorlinkrelease datefile size
variousEricDraven_GTACrowdirect link to a ZIPFeb 8 2004, 18:56283 KB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users