» «
Photo

The thread that started it all

18,741 replies to this topic
killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 03:18 PM Edited by killer.ip, 02 February 2004 - 03:19 PM.

freakin@, there's no need to convert, they're cross compatible... just copy over GTAtitles.mpg & Logo.mpg from your GTA3 /movies folder to your LC /movies folder overwriting as you go. smile.gif

Mark, I had a shot applying the alpha flag 4 to mallb.dff with no luck, the glass barriers are still showing up transparent all the way to the background. Should end up looking something like this I think:
CODE
Comnbtm.ide
2292, mallB, mallab, 1, 135, 4

Skidz, looks like a great list... the first release is going to be a milestone, so if we could get everything working there I'm sure there'd be plenty of happy people. Now that we're using your new map.zon could we get away with just deleting the old Ultra LOD? If it's located in one of the .ipl's it shouldn't be too tricky.

Caught some sleep there, waits to be seen whether it's enough. biggrin.gif

Dem, with the Farewell 'Chunky' Lee Chong mission are you going to be able to spawn the Noodle Stand or should we make it a permanent addition in Chinatown?

GT-1, at the moment you need to put vcfido.bmp into your skins folder, then apply it from the Pause menu when you start up.

largo, in a future life I may take you up on that offer... cry.gif

largopredator
  • largopredator

Largopredator

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 03:21 PM Edited by largopredator, 02 February 2004 - 03:34 PM.

heheheheheheheee lol.gif
sigh.gif

You guys said you needed a new forum...what's the main goal? Fresh start with an empty thread or something? I can make a special board on my forum might you need it...

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 03:30 PM Edited by MarkPagliaro, 02 February 2004 - 04:15 PM.

Mark, I had a shot applying the alpha flag 4 to mallb.dff with no luck, the glass barriers are still showing up transparent all the way to the background. Should end up looking something like this I think:
CODE
Comnbtm.ide

I think I still have to edit the dff as I didn't take into account the hierarchy.

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 03:43 PM

@skidz : all GTA3 cars ARE ready, I send mine to Crazydude to do the package just need the get a remplacement list (with a good handling.cfg and carcols.dat)

I will do a list by taking care of checking for the doors/dummies/roof, so don't be impressionned to see something you didn't suspected.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:13 PM

Knux
@skidz : all GTA3 cars ARE ready, I send mine to Crazydude to do the package just need the get a remplacement list (with a good handling.cfg and carcols.dat)

I will do a list by taking care of checking for the doors/dummies/roof, so don't be impressionned to see something you didn't suspected.

Yes this is a must as you can see the GTA3 Banshee can not replace the Vice city Banshee accurately as vice city's boot is non-damagable. My next q is will the fbi kuruma replace the fbi rancher or fbi washington. either or has a downfall as the washington does not have a siren light and the fbi ranchers is too high.

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (largopredator @ Feb 1 2004, 18:15)
dont get TOO cocky there rdtg.

Anyway, the black tracks are most likely caused by the recent portland road fix. So i cant make screenshots of the see-thru pillars now cos they're all black.
Also: is it just me, or is this grass suddenly looking rather retarded?
user posted image

Oh, sorry, and I know this is a late reply, but, I am sick, I was sick that day to, so I am a bit testy, anyway, the flag fix I did worked fine for me. I am almost done fixing the Z coords on my Portland peds.

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

aggronormical

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (killer.ip @ Feb 2 2004, 10:18)
CODE
Comnbtm.ide

The flag 4 only controlls the culling of objects behind an object with an alpha transparency- in other words, if you have something you can see through (obj X), and it makes objects behind it disappear when you look through it, then you use flag 4 on obj X to let the disappearing objects be seen.
Are you certain you have the right object? In MooMapper, get right in close to the transparent part and click on it - I'm sure you know that, but MM can be funny sometimes, and not give you the right object if the angle is off. It's possible that the part you're describing is an overlay on the model, not the model itself (like the dirt clods in the alley by PCJ Playground). If this is the case, get the model name, and try applying a flag value of 132 (flags 4 and 128). Hopefully that might do the trick. Or you could try to root out the offending faces in the model suicidal.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:42 PM

@killer.ip: As long as the code references models in the IMG, it can spawn pretty much any object. You could actually use the code to build the entire city from the ground up if there were a reason to smile.gif

@RDTG: We all have things that we go through and that's understandable. I have noticed that "testy" seems to be more of the rule than the exception for you. I think it's important that this team (as with any) has good communication and makes an effort to get along with one another.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:52 PM Edited by MarkPagliaro, 02 February 2004 - 05:00 PM.

Carlist:
Following files would have to be edited:
Carcols.dat: I suggest just take GTAIII's and add bikes and Heli's to it.
Default.ide: Comment out unused vehicles/replace model and txd names
GTA3.img: Rather than renaming gta3 vehicles to vice citys vehicles just add the gta3 vehicle. Example Yakuza is not in vice city so add yakuza.txd and yakuza.dff and in the default ide just reference the yakuza as the model name and txd name. This does work but cannot be done with the handling.cfg so this will have to reference the vc handeling.
Handling.cfg: needs to be edited to reflect GTA3

I know a list was post back earlier but this list did not take into account the dummys, parts, etc

I am willing to take this project up on friday (only free day I have aslong as cars are made available to me) The only thing I wouldn't feel comfortable about would be the handling.

Ghost of delete key:
Most of the problems are part of the model itself ie model x is model behind transparent object which is also part of model x. so it is not showing what would be behind it with the exception of the amco build as this is made with 3 dffs. I'll look into this aswell.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:30 PM Edited by killer.ip, 02 February 2004 - 05:37 PM.

Still no joy with mallb.dff with either of the two flags I'm afraid, this could just be another example of the Renderware engine being contrary with us, or another mistake on my part.

What I am going to try is detaching the glass parts of the structure and adding them into comNbtm as a separate object. Purely as a workaround I'm hopeful it might provide a solution if we come up blank on everything else. Thanks again for your help GoDK. colgate.gif

Glad to see you fixed the glitch in your avatar Dem. wink.gif Hopefully we'll never have to spawn the city from the main.scm, I believe it would be known as cruel & unusual punishment. biggrin.gif

Mark, have you looked through Craig's car config files? I think all the work for those has already been done. Also I think it would be a good idea to use the VC convention of car model names, it would end up causing confusion at some point down the line otherwise.

Steve, sorry I didn't back to earlier, things got a little busy last night. Not a prob with the texturing, if you are interested there's some good tutorial's here: GTAzz & AwesysNet.

[EDIT] The hierarchy of mallb.dff is very simple, a single dummy with the model at the top of the object list. I've yet to check whether it may have anything to do with the problem, if so it would save a lot of work. smile.gif

Craig also provided an updated vehicles.col, not tried it yet but it may prove to fix the problem with the damage models.

largopredator
  • largopredator

Largopredator

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:37 PM

RDTG has released his ped paths for Portland, and in the process also threw in some boat paths. Apart from the fact that ped paths are supposed to go in the paths.ipl, not the peds.ipl, the paths are made the same way I used to make paths. So low spawnability (is that a word? dozingoff.gif )
If anybody wants to take a look at it you can dl it at the same place as before. see my sig for the link.

Also, after recent fixes the white part at the end of the tunnel in SSV is back.
I could put the fix back in there (given I remembered where to find it sigh.gif )
but that maybe undo all the other stuff from the recent fixes. I'm not sure what file it concerns...

I've made 3 boards for GTA:LC on my forum. Use them if you want to. If not I'll delete them. smile.gif

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:38 PM Edited by MarkPagliaro, 02 February 2004 - 06:57 PM.

No Need for this post anymore since knux has an updated car list!

Edited!

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 06:00 PM Edited by Knux, 02 February 2004 - 07:28 PM.

look guys, I'll take care of the handling and carcols I'll do it right after the car remplacment list. I'm working on that right now.

btw, all the cars you said are already associated with a good one.

EDIT: here's the list:

GTA3 cars -> VC cars

Ambulance -> Ambulance
Banshee -> COMET (due to back dummies and no roof)
Barracks OL -> Barracks OL
Belly Up Van -> FORGOT! w8!
BF Injection -> BF injection
Blista -> Washington ( due the blista compact only have 2 doors)
Bobcat ->Bobcat
Borgnine -> Zebra
Cabbie -> Cabbie
Cartel Cruiser -> Sandking
Cheetah -> Cheeta
Coach -> Coach
Diablo Stallion -> Sabre Turbo
Dodo -> it's not to me to choose
Enforcer -> Enforcer
Esperanto -> Esperanto
FBI Car -> FBI Rancher (need to change wheel size only, siren at good place)
Firetruck -> Firetruck
Flatbed -> flatbed
Hoods Rumpo XL -> Gang Burrito
Idaho -> Idaho
Infernus -> Infernus
Kuruma -> Admiral
Landstalker -> Landstalker
Linerunner -> Linerunner
Mafia Sentinel -> Sentinel XS
Manana -> Manana
Moonbeam -> Moonbeam
Mr. Wongs -> Benson
Mule -> Mule
Panlantic -> Mesa Grande ( a little change in wheel size only)
Patriot -> Patriot
Perennial -> Perennial
Pony -> Pony
Police -> Police
Rhino -> Rhino
Rumpo -> Rumpo
Securicar -> Securicar
Sentinel -> Sentinel
Stallion -> Stallion
Stinger ->stinger (nedd some tweaks for the roof, should be removed)
Strech -> Strech
Taxi -> taxi
Top Fun van -> Toyz Van
Triad Fish Van -> Boxville
Trashmaster -> trashmaster
Yakuza Stinger -> Phoenix
Yankee -> Yankee
Yardie lobo -> Voodoo

LIST NOT 100% FINISHED! WAIT BEFORE TAKING IT AS OFFICIAL!!

about the Vice Cheetah, I could make an updated version using the GTA3 cheetah, the Liberty Cheetah ( we can put some add-ons) and for the Packer, I can make an updated version for the game (packer is fun smile.gif ).

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 06:42 PM

Knux just and Idea for the stinger. (BTW nice list)
Have 2 models instead of an extra. That way you can jump over the door for the one without a roof and the other you don't. (There are plenty of extra slots for you to do this)

I agree about the packer.

LCPD Cheetah has been discussed before and Demarest has stated he wouldn't want one. (I replaced it with the police car in my game minus the lightbar plus the dashboard siren, however only two doors function)

I have the original police car (blue+white) as the police and
The post-911 police car (black and white) as the vicechee

I think demarest wants to comment out the vicechee if at all possible.

Looking forward to the car pack. (I miss those GTAIII cars ever so much)

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 06:49 PM Edited by Knux, 02 February 2004 - 06:50 PM.

good idea for the stinger (same prob with the stallion)

but for the VC cheetah, that would be great have been sad.gif

I'm doing the carcols right now.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:37 PM

No sorry mate I got it wrong, the last update was the roadfix. Anyway I have had this file for ages and have never worked out where to put them, The file is Donald Loves Col file, where does it go.
Everything else is working fine, good job on the car list too Knux.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:57 PM

That collison file is a subpart of comSW.col and affects the garden on top of Donald Loves skyscraper so it will be included in the release.

There's no way of getting there at the mo, helicopters can't reach that altitude, but there are plans of adding a teleport somewhere along the line. That part of the world should be making an appearance at some point. smile.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 February 2004 - 08:23 PM Edited by CraigKostelecky, 02 February 2004 - 08:40 PM.

Remember guys, I made all of the changes to the carcols, default, handling, and collision files so they match GTA3. The only thing I didn't worry about was convertibles (I assumed that was taken care of when the cars were updated, but I guess not).

My car list matched the main.scm exactly so that doesn't need to be reprogrammed. And all wheel sizes, wheel types, collision files, gxt names, and basically everything was taken into consideration. There's no need to do it again. Here are the files that I changed.

And we should not comment out the extra cars. Leave them in there for future modders to update.

EDIT: If we change my list (found on page 38) at all, let me know and I can very quickly edit my files to match. I would be much more efficient than someone else doing the work.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 February 2004 - 08:39 PM Edited by CraigKostelecky, 02 February 2004 - 08:57 PM.

QUOTE (MarkPagliaro @ Feb 2 2004, 18:42)
Knux just and Idea for the stinger. (BTW nice list)
Have 2 models instead of an extra. That way you can jump over the door for the one without a roof and the other you don't. (There are plenty of extra slots for you to do this)

The stinger solution would present a new problem for one mission (the multistory carpark mission) the game would only check to see if you're in one of the stallions. The other one would not trigger the mission.

LCPD Cheetah has been discussed before and Demarest has stated he wouldn't want one. (I replaced it with the police car in my game minus the lightbar plus the dashboard siren, however only two doors function)
I think demarest wants to comment out the vicechee if at all possible.

I did the same thing with my VC Cheetah, except for the release we'll probably just go with two black cars. The fact that it only has 2 doors is irrelevant, since you never use the back seats of police cars anyway.

Again, don't comment out extra vehicles. Leave them in there so other people can add lots of cars (that's one of the advatages of Vice City, let's not lose that).

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 08:50 PM

i thing the rancher should be replaced by the kuruma,as the fbirancher is replaced by the fbikuruma,also i think,to policecars are better than one policecar and one vicecheetah,maybe you can do it as "additional" or "enhanced" mod (maybe with completly new graphics,like xboxtextures and commando funebreros guns wink.gif ) but for now it's better like that (2police cars,so only the 2 undercovercops need to be changed

but btw, why don't we use commando funebreros weapons instead of the gta viceciy ones,as they are more or less something like the gta3 ones and they have better graphics too,so (colt1911,ain't the colt anymore,right,that would become a beretta M9,but the ak47 would remain,the m16 would remain the same,the sniper,ok ,would also change,but would look cooler as AWM,the shotgun (M870) would look cooler than that vc-stubby and is more realistic,only that the pistolgrip is missing and micro-uzi would become MAC 10,but that in both cases,only that CFs MAC10 does look a hundread ways cooler,same goes for the RPG)

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 09:38 PM Edited by [4D]Outback, 02 February 2004 - 09:58 PM.

Great work, guys.

@Knux: "Cartel Cruiser -> Sandking" <-- Cartel is 4 doors, Sandking is 2. or does it matter?

@CraigKostelecky: That's what commenting them out does. The lines are there, just disabled. I also like your idea about the Slicktop police car. I would suggest removal of the front Police sticker and painting the A-Pillars black, so the car looks normal in the rear-view mirror.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 09:42 PM Edited by MarkPagliaro, 02 February 2004 - 09:45 PM.

Knux's list is pretty close to craigs with a few changes that I think are in need. I could aswell as I belive knux could make it so that the main.scm does not have to be edited. (Simple really) even if the car list is reordered. Since I believe the main.scm references the model name and not the model Id#. If this is not the case I stand corrected.

we don't have to make extra models we could just stick to using extras but then we would have to flag the cars as having roofs or switch its replacement. Personally I'd like to have the cars with roofs either way though as I think the stinger looks better with a roof. (I know the yakuza has a roof but I am refering to the stinger)

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:00 PM

I'd hate to lose the Stallion convertible. I have one in nearly every garage that fits more than one car.

SteveM
  • SteveM

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:21 PM

Hehe, don't want to give the game away but I just remembered there's more than one hidden package stuck behind those panes of glass. KILLER.IP

ur killing me. where is the second one cryani.gif

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:35 PM

Saying that it's hidden isn't going to be much help... use your noodle man, where have we been fixing glass this weekend. biggrin.gif

SteveM
  • SteveM

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:44 PM

yet another bug

user posted image

and about the hidden package u posted it at the car dealership so i imagine that its in there but i only see the one

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:58 PM Edited by killer.ip, 02 February 2004 - 11:38 PM.

I was totally flaking out at that point, instead of the car dealership I thought I was seeing the glass room in Portland where we've been having these... troubles. There's one hidden package in there, and there's another in one of the other areas that have been re-glazed. wink.gif

Looks like a rogue collision file or a misplaced object in that pic, I'll take a look later on... thanks for keeping your radar on. smile.gif

[EDIT] Ah-hah, thanks Hollower... got to the bottom of that one pretty quick. biggrin.gif

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 11:03 PM Edited by Knux, 02 February 2004 - 11:06 PM.

I only wanted to show this:

In Zmod:
user posted image

In Game (remplacing the vice cheetah):
user posted image

for the list, I'll look at this, I'm trying to get the good sounds too...

crazydude
  • crazydude

Blah!

• Feroci

Posted 02 February 2004 - 11:34 PM

Im not sure if demarest will allow you to add this to the final version. I remember outback working on tha fbi rancher and demarest said it wasnt going to in the game, because we want it as close to gta 3 as possible. Worth a try though smile.gif .

Looking forward to the official list so I can start working on the script.

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 02 February 2004 - 11:34 PM

I only wanted to show it, I didn't asked to use it for GTA:LC tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users