Photo

The thread that started it all

18,742 replies to this topic
Lix
  • Lix

GTA:LC!

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:06 PM

i could convert the radio stations, but i don't have enough space to put like 200 mbs...

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:08 PM Edited by Demarest, 13 December 2003 - 06:10 PM.

@Aztlan: Please do. That was one of the many aspects I hadn't considered. I might also need a large percentage of the audio converted as well. I haven't figured out what I want to do in leu of animated cutscenes. Torn between just text or text and audio. Most people know the missions anyways, but... What's the worst that could happen? If it doesn't turn out good, we could just go back to the way it was.

@Lix: The radio stations are a good idea... BUT they would be so large that it would be indistributable. It's going to be one of those things that will be the discression, responsibility of the user. Besides, doesn't VC have more stations than GTA3 anyways?

Aztlan
  • Aztlan

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:11 PM Edited by Aztlan, 13 December 2003 - 06:12 PM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Dec 13 2003, 18:08)
@Aztlan: Please do. That was one of the many aspects I hadn't considered. I might also need a large percentage of the audio converted as well. I haven't figured out what I want to do in leu of animated cutscenes. Torn between just text or text and audio. Most people know the missions anyways, but... What's the worst that could happen? If it doesn't turn out good, we could just go back to the way it was.

ok i will give it a try then
i will start working on them this tuesday night (thats when i finish my classes) smile.gif

Edit: About the radio stations, i also know how to transfer them, i tried them before and it worked perfectly, i dont remember what were the size of them
but if they are big, i will post a tutorial on how to transfer them

Lix
  • Lix

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:12 PM

Well i will still try to do that I guess and i will take a look on how big would be the rar file... And we could leave some vc radio stations for 80's fans wink.gif

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:14 PM

be carefull tounge.gif

Tony is on Flash FM(VC) and Flashback FM(LC)
Lazlow is on VRock (VC) and Chatterbox (LC)
Fernando Martinez is on Emotion (VC) and he appears on ChatterBox (LC)

Veg
  • Veg

Bulletproof

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:26 PM Edited by Veg, 13 December 2003 - 06:30 PM.

Look i found a program to view the paths and i noticed that some paths from vc are in the lc map
(i made an screene)user posted image

Lix
  • Lix

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:35 PM

Veg, can't you just go to Bellevile park for example without deme's map mod installed and see where you are?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:36 PM

As you fly around the city, you can strange paths taking place. If I had to guess, it was probably easier for Knux to just use all the existing paths and slowly switch them over to LC. If you look IN GAME in the areas he says he's finished, you'll find flawless paths. So I wouldn't worry about that just yet wink.gif EVERY aspect of this mod is going to take time.

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:53 PM Edited by Knux, 13 December 2003 - 06:58 PM.

You're right Demarest, I started first with the VC paths.ipl to have a guide to know how they were working. After , when the path editor was released, I continued to work with is by moving existing paths from VC (what is easier) If you take a look on the first part of the City, The Redilight District and St. Mark Area. all traffic is done here, if you see any wrong things happening, just tell me, I'll try to fix it wink.gif

@Veg

all the paths you are seeing on the left are from VC, I didn't modifed those still in place. teh place you say you are worried
about is the brigde, I started but I stopped to work since I was alone to work. I just wanted to do all parts where the road splits in 2 half with only one dirrection.

I'm using the Radar map from the game for guide and I'm using a PlayerPos to put paths at the good place. Don't worry, when everything will be finished, nothing from VC will remains wink.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:56 PM Edited by Demarest, 13 December 2003 - 07:11 PM.

I'll wait until you're finished first. No use in critiquing work that's still being worked on wink.gif

Are you sure VC can accomodate the amount of paths LC will require? LC seem to have a LOT more.

Lix
  • Lix

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 07:02 PM

@knux wello under the calahan bridge there is a boatyard where you must talk with Maria in mission last requests and the traffic is going through the wall there. I have seen a sanchez driving on the water too, i can take some pics if you want...

PS: I'm converting the radio stations atm.

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 07:07 PM

Radio wouldn't be a big problem,i have 500 megs,and for short-time hosting i could do some of the stations,i also would be able to do them,for the charitors there would be a bigger problem,the onlyest things that can be done easily are the SWATs and MILITARYs
user posted image
but i think the mainproblem with the people would be the maincharitors and the Cubans,the most Mafiapeople are done very fast,but the cubans are a hardpiece because of their hat ...
also normal Cops could be a problem because they have a jacket in gta3,but noone has a jacket in GTAVC,and also the hat isn't anywhere in GTAVC,so Cops are also hard to do ...

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 07:12 PM Edited by Demarest, 13 December 2003 - 07:13 PM.

This could be a useful tool for anybody working with the LC files.
user posted image

Lix
  • Lix

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 07:44 PM

OK i have converted wav to mp3 and then mp3 to adf and then zipped them and rared them and I got a 203 megabytes file... My host says i can't host more than 50 megabytes so someone else convert them please...

Aztlan
  • Aztlan

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 07:50 PM Edited by Aztlan, 13 December 2003 - 07:51 PM.

that means that if the person wants the radio stations, he or she will need to do them by themselves, and is the legal way

you will need to write a tutorial for it

that size is too big,

Lix
  • Lix

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:28 PM

Is there a way to get to ghost town? I tried but it crashes...

And here is another glitch I have also seen cars driving on the roof biggrin.gif

user posted image

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 10:31 PM Edited by Knux, 13 December 2003 - 10:32 PM.

AS I told u, those are paths from Vice City. that's really normal to see people/cars in wall/water/air/weird places.

all those things will be fixed

btw, for the bridge thing, I only have to change teh Z coordinate (which isn't done yet) I plan to start working back on them in the next days. Stay tunned for more updates tounge.gif

scarface_refugee
  • scarface_refugee

GTA:LC Fan

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Knux @ Dec 13 2003, 18:53)
You're right Demarest, I started first with the VC paths.ipl to have a guide to know how they were working. After , when the path editor was released, I continued to work with is by moving existing paths from VC (what is easier) If you take a look on the first part of the City, The Redilight District and St. Mark Area. all traffic is done here, if you see any wrong things happening, just tell me, I'll try to fix it wink.gif

@Veg

all the paths you are seeing on the left are from VC, I didn't modifed those still in place. teh place you say you are worried
about is the brigde, I started but I stopped to work since I was alone to work. I just wanted to do all parts where the road splits in 2 half with only one dirrection.

I'm using the Radar map from the game for guide and I'm using a PlayerPos to put paths at the good place. Don't worry, when everything will be finished, nothing from VC will remains wink.gif

Hey Knux,
I've noticed that sometimes cars are driving on the wrong side of the road, and at one part a car is almost doing a 360 degree turn. Well, its just sorta weird. Dem, I wish there was something I could do to help out on this new mod.

totter
  • totter

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 10:45 PM

http://picserv.beyon...09&check=4ba21d

http://picserv.beyon...48&check=4ba21d

This is the logo I posted a long time ago. It says Grand Theft Auto Liberty City, so I thought it would suit GTA: LC pretty well.

Theres 2 versions.

I could just remove the little "GTA World" text.

Aztlan
  • Aztlan

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 10:53 PM Edited by Aztlan, 13 December 2003 - 10:54 PM.

@ totter this mod is not related to gtaworld
buteven if you remove the gta world text, one will think is gtaworld because of the earth

totter
  • totter

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 13 December 2003 - 11:05 PM

oh.. yeah.. forgot.. XD
I'll make new logo...

sixers2329
  • sixers2329

skinner

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2003 - 11:19 PM Edited by sixers2329, 13 December 2003 - 11:53 PM.

when i go to downloads on that site it takes me to team

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:56 AM

I am interested in doing this part (because it bugs me lol)

6) MANY items that are 2D are only showing up on one side. I've read this is an easy fix, but will take time just trying to identify which ones need attention. Seems like I'm finding new ones all the time.

(This happened to me when creating cars sometimes)

however I'll be needing a link or an explaination of the easy fix

BTW have anyone else noticed:
Street Lamps are sometimes incorrectly placed on the Z axis?

Lix
  • Lix

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 08:35 AM

Yeah I have noticed some street lamps are in incorrect places.... You need to fix that, btw, i could be a tester if you're interesting tounge.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (MarkPagliaro @ Dec 13 2003, 23:56)
I am interested in doing this part (because it bugs me lol)

6) MANY items that are 2D are only showing up on one side. I've read this is an easy fix, but will take time just trying to identify which ones need attention. Seems like I'm finding new ones all the time.

(This happened to me when creating cars sometimes)

however I'll be needing a link or an explaination of the easy fix

BTW have anyone else noticed:
Street Lamps are sometimes incorrectly placed on the Z axis?

You mean like this?
user posted image
I'm glad to hear that you want to do that part. That was the part I was dreading the most smile.gif I cannot find the thread I was thinking of where somebody posted a pic of stair railings (I think it was in Joey's garage). All I could find was this. Hope it helps. If not, you or I could post a screen in the texture editing forums and see if anybody knows. Or maybe somebody in the know will pop in here.

@totter: Yeah, those screens are too WO. And too happy for GTA3 tounge.gif I look forward to your next offerings smile.gif

@Lix: Yes you can get to ghost town (I put a pic in the other thread). North of Staunton, the wall you see in the distance is not solid. You have to swoop around that way. I haven't figured out why the game crashes if you try to go back there the traditional way. I wonder how VC acts when you're in that area.
user posted image

Lix
  • Lix

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 12:49 PM

oh yeah i reached ghost town, but it's ehh quite empty...

user posted image

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2003 - 12:51 PM

It always was... sneaky2.gif

There is a good aspect of it though. I was always told that there is a couple small spots that are solid. Even with the aid of the Admin Console, I was never able to find them. First time back there with a heli and I found it!

Geqxon
  • Geqxon

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 02:34 PM Edited by Geqxon, 14 December 2003 - 02:39 PM.

There are 2 Vice City looks when you see the screenshots:

THe Hud and the Radar.
Why not make the radar yellow like the old one?

I am working on making the hud correct, I will replace all the shotgun hud pictures by the one of GTA3 btw.

Can I change these colors with some GXT modding tool?

Demarest: Can you help my by putting only 1 type of shotgun on the map? And offcource only 1 gun (the handgun, not the colt thing) and all smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2003 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Geqxon @ Dec 14 2003, 09:34)
There are 2 Vice City looks when you see the screenshots:

THe Hud and the Radar.
Why not make the radar yellow like the old one?

I am working on making the hud correct, I will replace all the shotgun hud pictures by the one of GTA3 btw.

Can I change these colors with some GXT modding tool?

Demarest: Can you help my by putting only 1 type of shotgun on the map? And offcource only 1 gun (the handgun, not the colt thing) and all smile.gif

I've already thought of the old orange radar GTA3 used. I will do that next time I have time (prob Wed). I only did it like that to start off with because WO was using JayBee's map and I wanted them to be able to use it too. But you're right, the authentice would be the way to go. The hud weapons icons can all be changed IMO. Just replace them with the ones from GTA3 should be easy enough. Not sure though. Good idea. But no, the color of the hud for money/health/time/armor is hard-coded. The coloration of all other onscreen text is in the GXT though. Once we convert the GXT from GTA3 to VC, then we can see which ones need to be recolored. We could also put in GTA3's font TXDs. Just keep in mind that when it displays district/car names, it is hard-coded to write them diagonally.

As for only one gun, it has already been done. The Nomad v2 mod has all the weapons already distributed. I need to change something though (just occured to me). In it, I made the Uzi replace the Uzi. But we need to replace it with a gun that can be fired while walking. I'm thinking the one that has a pickup by the van right outside of the boatyard. Anybody know which that is? I'll look into it when I get time. Here's the weapons though: fist, bat, handgun, uzi, sawed-off shotgun, ruger, minigun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher, flamethrower, molotov cocktail, grenade. These were picked to be 1:1 repacements for GTA3's weapons. Unless somebody can come up with better replacements (just bring them up here). Also, somebody could edit weapons.dat to reflect the weapon behaviors of GTA3's weapons. If somebody does that, remember to turn OFF is_heavy for the minigun since in GTA3 you COULD jump while holding an M16.

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:52 PM Edited by Silent Viper, 14 December 2003 - 04:54 PM.

i would think off that:
Colt45 - Colt45
UZI - INGRAM MAC 10 (you're right,the one next to the VC-Port)
Shotgun - Chromegun (the one of GTA3 was a Policeversion of a M870,the Chromegun is a Stockversion of the M870,so ...)
AK47 - Ruger
M16 - M60 (i think a gun like the M16 can't hold 500 rounds,also the M60anims a more like the GTA3M16 one's,also you can replace the M60.dff with a M4.dff and than it would even be like a M16 but wouldn't use the Assault Rifleslot (like the Ruger/ak47 does)
Rocketlauncher - Rocketlauncher
Flamethrower - Flamethrower
Grenade - Grenade
Molotov - Molotov
Bat - Bat

-----
And as Secret i would put a MP5 in the game,but that gun could only be accuired by holding it during a mission,also a Python would be nice,and the fight-stick should also stay in,the rest is not necesarry (UZI,SAWN-OFF,TEC9,M4,Minigun,Most meleeweapons)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users