» «
Photo

[REL] PathEditor ver1.0

48 replies to this topic
ehsan_de_burge
  • ehsan_de_burge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 09:18 AM Edited by REspawn, 14 February 2007 - 02:45 PM.

hi there biggrin.gif
u can download it from here :

DirectLink to patheditor 1.0beta

Please, feel free to report as many bugs as you can find. See contact section to know how to contact me.
colgate.gif

rahkstar2.gifPathEditor WebSite

punk_rocker128
  • punk_rocker128

Forum Moderator

• Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 03:46 PM

Glad to see you released this smile.gif

Will there be a GTA3 version in a few days?

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 04:23 PM

There are two bugs on your website biggrin.gif
1. Title of the page: "Untitled Document"
2. Bottom of the page: "©2003 Company Name"

I'll test the editor soon tounge.gif

ehsan_de_burge
  • ehsan_de_burge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 04:30 PM

it's impossible to change my editor to a GTA3 path editor.becouse the method that GTA3 uses for path are compeletly different from VC. indeed in GTA3 we need a DFF Analyzer to associate path nodes with the surface of DFFs. each DFF has it's own Axis in 3d Space alien.gif

but i will try a Path Editor for GTA3 after i found a way to load DFF files from IMG turn.gif

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 04:45 PM

Okay, this is weird... I see a lot of purple lines coming from green and blue blocks going to what appears to be the coordinate 0,0
Is this normal?

Target
  • Target

ph34r m3h

• Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:28 PM Edited by Target, 25 November 2003 - 07:31 PM.

Nice job.

*tests*

EDIT: No. no, no, no , no, no, no no, no! Please get someone to host this for you. *glances at JBandit*

FlipperK
  • FlipperK

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:32 PM

20 Meg Limit Exceeded!

This site has exceeded its limit of 20 MB of transfer per day. The account can be upgraded to a paid account to increase the transfer limit to 3 Gigs of transfer per month in your greatnow.com user tools section.

Host is on more sites (lycos etc, where there is no bandwidth limit) smile.gif.

ehsan_de_burge
  • ehsan_de_burge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:02 PM Edited by ehsan_de_burge, 25 November 2003 - 11:08 PM.

Sorry, i upload the site on AngelFire ,here is the Link

Patheditor WebSite

Okay, this is weird... I see a lot of purple lines coming from green and blue blocks going to what appears to be the coordinate 0,0  Is this normal?
Is this normal?

Nooo it's not!! blink.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:16 PM

w00ty! I'm downloading it now.

Eshan, Since angelfire has a bandwith limit, would you like me to host the file for you?

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:18 PM

wow great this is gonna be great for this topicthis topic
great man this is awsome biggrin.gif

ehsan_de_burge
  • ehsan_de_burge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:21 PM

Eshan, Since angelfire has a bandwith limit, would you like me to host the file for you?

Sure ! Will u ?

my correct name is ehsan tounge2.gif

Un3462
  • Un3462

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:31 PM

well, i must admit, i didn't think you had it in you, but great job.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 26 November 2003 - 12:03 AM

Sorry about spelling your name wrong there Ehsan, I just got too exited when I saw you released, and wasn't watching my spelling. biggrin.gif

I uploaded the Path Editor to my server, so just pop this link on your page as an alternate download site: http://illspirit.gta...heditor1.0b.zip

The program seems to work wonderfully, although it looks like there's something terribly wrong with my paths. I knew there was a minor bug in the last batch of new roads somewhere, but it must be worse than I thought. Path Editor shows the newest roads properly as roads, but all the old ones show up as boat paths, and all the junctions are going to a non-existent node at 0.0.0. And only the first 3 batches of ped paths show up. It all pretty much works in game, there just must be some sort of syntax error (on my part) which is confusing the editor.
Pic:
user posted image

I stripped all the comments from my file, and manually checked for problems, but I can't see anything wrong with it. Any ideas?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:51 AM

Info on this can also be useful in the pinned paths topic. Also, I think it would be useful too if the first post on this topic got edited with illspirit's link to the file for easier access smile.gif

ehsan_de_burge
  • ehsan_de_burge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2003 - 08:47 AM Edited by ehsan_de_burge, 26 November 2003 - 09:04 AM.

can u give me a link of that paths.ipl i cant find it!

http://cerbera.daves...llmap/paths.ipl
this is not seems to be what u r talking about

and i suggest make this path with editor biggrin.gif u can make it in a few minutes tounge.gif

the path.ip should not contain any Return Character (i mean enter) and as u know each PathObject contains at least 2 external nodes that they at the first and beggining of the pathObject! where is the external nodes in your ipl ? tounge2.gif
all type of nodes in your ipl are internal (exept 3 or 4 nodes)

commando
  • commando

Gta-NY Leader

• Members

Posted 26 November 2003 - 09:28 AM Edited by commando, 26 November 2003 - 09:29 AM.

Are you make in the future another path editor if do that make a 3d one like moomapper.I love this editor. inlove.gif

ehsan_de_burge
  • ehsan_de_burge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2003 - 09:45 AM Edited by ehsan_de_burge, 26 November 2003 - 11:49 AM.

a 3d editor is my will smile.gif and its not as hard as i thought biggrin.gif
just a DFF parser needed to do the job and i found that in Gta3Viewer Source Code biggrin.gif

hey.!! is my profile icon a Female Ant ??? notify.gif

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 26 November 2003 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Nov 26 2003, 01:03)
The program seems to work wonderfully, although it looks like there's something terribly wrong with my paths. I knew there was a minor bug in the last batch of new roads somewhere, but it must be worse than I thought. Path Editor shows the newest roads properly as roads, but all the old ones show up as boat paths, and all the junctions are going to a non-existent node at 0.0.0. And only the first 3 batches of ped paths show up. It all pretty much works in game, there just must be some sort of syntax error (on my part) which is confusing the editor.
Pic:
user posted image

I stripped all the comments from my file, and manually checked for problems, but I can't see anything wrong with it. Any ideas?

That's the same problem I was talking about... I could post a picture of my paths if necessary. I haven't changed any paths, so it happens with the original VC paths too.

ehsan_de_burge
  • ehsan_de_burge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2003 - 04:47 PM

can u send your orginal paths.ipl plz ?
there isnot such error in my editor! so i need your paths.ipl to find out the origination of this error!

also test the editor with this original path.ipl :

path editor website

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 26 November 2003 - 06:28 PM

Okay, turns out my paths are changed after all... I tried to remove all empty paths I remember now...
Works fine with the original filepaths... Sorry for the trouble

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 27 November 2003 - 11:00 AM Edited by Cerbera, 14 October 2005 - 09:58 AM.

QUOTE (ehsan_de_burge @ Nov 26 2003, 09:47)
can u give me a link of that paths.ipl i cant find it!

http://www.projectce...llmap/paths.ipl
this is not seems to be what u r talking about

and i suggest make this path with editor  biggrin.gif  u can make it in a few minutes tounge.gif

the path.ip should not contain any Return Character (i mean enter) and as u know each PathObject contains at least 2 external nodes that they at the first and beggining of the pathObject! where is the external nodes in your ipl ?  tounge2.gif
all type of nodes in your ipl are internal (exept 3 or 4 nodes)
That's the first stab I made at making ped paths. The syntax is totally different to how they are done in Vice but they worked anyway. Illspirit went over and fixed it with the two external nodes, I then made the road path around the freeway using his correct syntax and they worked fine.
My dad banned me from our computer (see my sig) whilst I was trying to figure out the junction syntax. The cars and peds circulated currectly, just the two junctions I was working on just acted as route termination points instead of junctions! tounge.gif

Of course, because I can't access that PC I have to use the local library I and so can't give you the paths data I'd created. sad.gif

It does seem that your editor is a little picky. Perhaps you would post the syntax it requires for the start of a route, the middle of a route, the end of a route and the way the junction should work for that route? smile.gif

CODE

#CARS, Freeway. STARTS Junction A
1, 0
internal node linked to node below
internal node linked to final node
start of this batch of nodes
end of this batch of nodes
1, 0
1, 0
Empty node
Empty node
Empty node
#Cars, Freeway, ENDS Junction B
That's the basic syntax that Illspirt and I came up with. The first batch of the three is the beginning of the route, the first node of the first batch is in the very centre of Junction A with the second node of that batch in line with the pavements of that junction.

The second batch of nodes could be repeated any number of times to stretch from one junction to another. The road I had going around the South-East island used several.

The final batch of nodes are the ones leading up to the junction that route section ends at. The penultimate node is in line with the pavements at Junction B, with the very final node being right in the middle of that junction. smile.gif

The comment format is set up so that routes can easily be located by searching for "Junction [letter]" where "letter" relates to one of the labeled junctions on this map I made:
user posted image
Twice as large image.

SbZero
  • SbZero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2003 - 05:48 AM

I'm aware a manual was inlcuded in your release...i was wondering if you could answer a few questions:
when i take a snapshot of my map the paths don't match up with it is there a way to align them...?

When i create New Car objects and place multiple paths for them in game they don't seem to be their ...how would i "activate" them...i know a dumb question but what can i say

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 30 November 2003 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ another topic)
Ill, how did you do the freeway route? I just ran the nodes down the middle and had it as simple two-way traffic because I wasn't able to research getting two lanes to travel in the same direction before my dad intervened. Did you do yours the same way as me or did you do it properly?
Also, did you work out the junction syntax and do the lights automatically determine how cars and peds behave, kinda like the TL property and objects in GTA1 did?

Freeway paths were easy. Just ran a route down the middle and set it to have four lanes. wink.gif

Here's what Odie told me the different fields for a car path do:

node type, connects to, ?1x, y, z, width, lane(s) left, lane(s) right, ?2, X1, ?3

Apparently, there can be a different number of lanes in each direction, and it seems you only need to set it on the entrance and exit node to change the whole path. Width is the ammount of space for a median between the left and right lane(s), and when X1 is set to 2, police roadblocks appear at that node. No idea what ?1-3 do...

Oh, and Ehsan, I found the problem with my paths; I just missed an empty line-return when I was cleaning it up. After deleting that line, everything works fine. biggrin.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 30 November 2003 - 09:36 AM

People have been waiting for this since the day GTA3 came out. Congrats and thanks.

BodyBumper
  • BodyBumper

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2003 - 10:55 PM

Is it possible to increase the speed of traffic in certain areas?

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:38 AM

Nice work ehsan.
Me thinks this should be pinned.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 03 December 2003 - 09:17 PM

OMG you are the man!!!!!!!!, finaly i can edit paths for custom maps!!!!! thank you
excellent work, must have been hard to make this, thanks you!!!

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 December 2003 - 09:42 PM

pinned..

ehsan_de_burge
  • ehsan_de_burge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2003 - 09:02 AM Edited by ehsan_de_burge, 04 December 2003 - 09:03 AM.

"OMG you are the man!!!!!!!!, finaly i can edit paths for custom maps!!!!! thank you
excellent work, must have been hard to make this, thanks you!!!"

thanks, i think i have failed one of my exams for this whatsthat.gif it was Designing Algorithm 2. but it's not important for me cos i findout that ppl are satisfed with editor tounge2.gif i am still waiting for your suggestion and bug reporting music.gif

when i take a snapshot of my map the paths don't match up with it.

maybe your snapshot isn't the same as the real Background of Map.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 09 December 2003 - 09:28 AM Edited by Cerbera, 09 December 2003 - 11:11 AM.

I woke up at 6am today so I'll have a 14-hour stint at my PC, during which time I'll be testing this. Amongst many other things. smile.gif

(EDIT) Well, it's being rather crash-happy with me currently. When I first load a path it only displays a single path node group, which isn't particularly friendly. The interface looks very XP-ish so I suppose it's not an OS problem?

(EDIT2) Hmm, it's looking like the file reading is just very fragile. It can't handle paths which indent using spaces instead of tabs, it doesn't allow for blank lines and doesn't allow for extra commenting! notify.gif
Do you plan to make the file reading more robust for future versions? Because my hands are really aching after re-indenting the 900 nodes in the current Myriad CMP paths file. suicidal.gif

(EDIT3) I've made a topic in the myriad area about my struggles getting the paths to load up and that's where the paths will be co-ordinated in future, I expect.
Myriad CMP paths thread

(EDIT4) Whoops, how embarassing - I was using the wrong paths file! I didn't realise there was an upate to it on the 27th of November because I wasn't here for it! biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users