[SA] Myriad Islands

[SA]
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
24,123 replies to this topic
Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 01:31 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 13 November 2003 - 01:34 PM.

Is somebody building a harbour or marina ?
ye, I need that too, I have this reefer boat that needs parking. It's part of a mission. And a skimmer. Also, a basement weed factory would be great. Pot-smoking mission mods & missions. Maby some people over at the "join the weed club" topic don't mind sharing some of their "trade secrets".

SeBsZ
  • SeBsZ

Beep

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 02:13 PM Edited by SeBsZ, 13 November 2003 - 02:15 PM.

Odie, THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

I don't know how to say it, I didn't know someone could model that good, almost realistic! Actually, it is so realistic that I had to wink my eye and shake my head before I knew it wasn't real cry.gif !

A great job,

SeBsZ

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 03:27 PM

Good work Odie. smile.gif

I worked on more of my house. I can get pix up when I get home today. biggrin.gif

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (ODIE @ Nov 13 2003, 12:47)
ok,ok, i havent imported all objects, but i give you a view from far away smile.gif

user posted image

also two features:

- visit the TV-Tower and enjoy to view from above
(if more propertys finished)
- Go to the Carshop and rob the Shopkeeper
or buy one of three cars.

user posted image

more on release smile.gif

I need the actuell propertymap to chosse a second property, i got an Idea with some Buildings from LC and i will overwork Miss Liberty to place her in the north of the City (of shore)

Is somebody building a harbour or marina ?

greetings

Very nice ODIE, it's really amazing!!! smile.gif

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 04:04 PM Edited by _punK noodleS_, 13 November 2003 - 09:08 PM.

user posted image

user posted image

sory for taking up so much space suicidal.gif

could someone explain this?
if you go to the place on the map where i am then you will find these.

EDIT:sorry they will be up shortly i hope. any way they are working escalaters to the north of the northernmost bridge and about 10-20 feet inland

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2003 - 06:15 PM

Ooooohhh, nice job on the fisherman mission Barton, I like. Haven't been able to complete it yet though, as the police heli's are just brutal after the 6th start pops up. biggrin.gif

I dunno what was going on with my waterpro file either. It was made with Steve's editor, and all I did diffferent was drop the level for the black bits down 1 unit. Is there any way you could your water level down there? Or will I have to raise everything in the ipl and path file up to compensate? blink.gif

Lord Mozilla
  • Lord Mozilla

GTA : Vice City European Mod

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 06:20 PM

WOW this is amazing I know that odi is good I have his sand castle mod for VCbut I didnt know he was THAT good ! good work !

ghost_master2000
  • ghost_master2000

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 07:49 PM

Alright. Here's a unique Idea. If it's ggiont to be like a sims game, then why not start out in a a sort of "god mode".Where youa re just the camera and you "fly" around vice city. You can pick people up, and move them around and stuff, but you can also control whoever you want (simple model change). You could just control a glowing circle, and get someone to stand in it, and then you could conrol whoever you selected. With that person you could do specific mission, see certain events, access certain buildings, etc. It would actually probably be easier to make a "family" that all starts out ina house at the beginning of the game, an dthen they just act like peds, walking around the city, and you could only take control of that group of people( like an expanded version of the sims. I personally think this is a good idea, and if anybody doesn't uderstand this post fully, then just say something and I will try to explain it. I wrote this too fast, gotta go to shool.

CYA,

GM2K

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 08:38 PM

wow cool idea, to make it easier you could just have 4 circles in the house you start off in like in one room and you just go into a circle and you change into (maby rendom if possible) a different person. the different storylines would be a long process cause makeing 4 different mission parts for the people would be kinda complex. cookie.gif for the idea

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (_punK noodleS_ @ Nov 13 2003, 16:04)

EDIT:sorry they will be up shortly i hope. any way they are working escalaters to the north of the northernmost bridge and about 10-20 feet inland

These are stairs from washington mall.

If anyone could find the coords in the gta.exe i will kiss his feets smile.gif

greetings

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (ODIE @ Nov 14 2003, 03:18)
QUOTE (_punK noodleS_ @ Nov 13 2003, 16:04)

These are stairs from washington mall.

If anyone could find the coords in the gta.exe i will kiss his feets smile.gif

greetings

Ill look ODIE. Cant say I'll find it right away though. smile.gif

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 09:34 PM

no it doesent matter you dont have to delete them they add character(but they might interfeer with something)

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:08 PM Edited by d8cam19, 18 November 2003 - 05:00 PM.

This is looking great!

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:08 PM

wow thats really a lot to do isnt it biggrin.gif
but if it gets done then im sure to get that. smile.gif

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 November 2003 - 11:10 PM

Alright alright, this is the realease of The Bunker for the map. And of couse, all creds goto illspirit for with out him, there would not be this mod. Get it: Here!

INH
  • INH

Lead Coder for Freelance

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:23 AM

Maybe a foot race? Have a finish line and a starting line, it's up to you to find the fastest route to the end. Of course, the AI would choose the same route every time, unless you made way points or something. Give each waypoint a variable to refer to it as, and once a certain waypoint is reached, randomize to choose another. Am I making sense? That is, once you get to point A, you can head to points B, C, or D. The next point is chosen at random.

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:27 AM

how about a faggio race or caddy and/or baggage race along with the footrace? all are slow... tounge.gif
the golfcart race would be the funniest biggrin.gif

MiLO83
  • MiLO83

(c)1991 EXSORBEO

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:55 AM

Yo, i want to claim illcom_c7_r1.
I don't know what i'll put there yet, but i'll get back at you
guys with updates soon. (Probably a mansion of some sort)
- MiLO

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 01:21 AM

Illspirit and everyone else who is making a map for this mod, can i put up a download section on my site just for this mod and put up the latest big empty city stuff on it? To get more people interested in it and to have more people enjoy it when more and more people join in to make stuff for it.

Progress on my stuntpark: Odie, remember that pm asking if i could use an edited version of your halfpipe in you beack park map for my underground stuntpark i was planning on making. Well, i decided i like to use it in this mod. It like an iceberg halfpipe off the shore in the ocean. I can use it in this mod, right? I have only done a few things so far school takes up alot of time..

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (d8cam19 @ Nov 13 2003, 16:08)
Odie I have been trying to contact you for days now. Please e-mail me. [email protected]

Maybe because you backstab people when they give you reviews of mods. Like me. bored.gif

Illspirit and everyone else who is making a map for this mod, can i put up a download section on my site just for this mod and put up the latest big empty city stuff on it? To get more people interested in it and to have more people enjoy it when more and more people join in to make stuff for it.

I don't see a problem, methinks you would leave a link, though, to this topic at your site. wink.gif

and some progress on my house,

user posted image
( The basement basics)

user posted image
(house with basement, first floor, and almost finished 2nd floor)

turn.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:04 PM

Damn, pain in the ass not having a PC on the net, can't get textures sad.gif wahh tounge.gif I'm at work, lunch breaky time smile.gif Work Experience biggrin.gif

Currently its looking OK though, I've added a few gay touches like names to boats and I've also made a very small nippy commuter ferry to use. That but it, no much smile.gif Docks based on one I saw in Paignton, Devon tounge.gif lol.

shtiann
  • shtiann

nice sucker

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Nov 13 2003, 13:31)
Maby some people over at the "join the weed club" topic don't mind sharing some of their "trade secrets".

i can help you with this ...
PM me if u have any questions...

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 02:56 PM

Ooooohhh, nice job on the fisherman mission Barton, I like. Haven't been able to complete it yet though, as the police heli's are just brutal after the 6th start pops up.
ye, I haven't been able to complete it yet. Got bored of the hole thing. blush.gif alien.gif

I have started on this new mission. Checkpoint Darling. It's like checkpoint charlie, except you use a PCJ and you drive on roads. You pick a girlfriend (she jumps on the back of the PCJ) you both ride the PCJ at excessive speeds through the checkpoints through traffic. If you crash, you don't get to make her pregnant, so you don't get a family (because your dick is bent and your girlfriend is pissed), so you need to restart the mission if that happends.

I have some new ideas about the fisherman mission. If you manage to complete it, you own the sea. colgate.gif You can then buy some fish factory and money gets generated automatically (you don't need to go pick them up, because of this invention called BANK). Maby I could make it so that you can expand your properties by putting some more money into them, like, if you own a fish factory, you can buy fishermen to work for you. The more fishermen, the bigger the profits.

I dunno what was going on with my waterpro file either. It was made with Steve's editor, and all I did diffferent was drop the level for the black bits down 1 unit. Is there any way you could your water level down there? Or will I have to raise everything in the ipl and path file up to compensate? 
I dunno what happends exactly. It just looks weird. I don't have the vocabulary to explain it. It's like, when the boat goes forward, it leaves a "strip" of water that is almost above the boat. I think the easiest way to fix it is to use the original water level and to just fill in the open blanks. Should be easy enough to raise everything in the ipl and path file (I hope). Would be great if you could raise it more than it was originally, because the beach would get bigger. If the beach gets bigger, the entire island gets bigger. Like maby 2 units up ? If it's the only way to fix it, I think it's better to just do it now than later, because all the mods for it needs adjusting too (obviessly).

Alright. Here's a unique Idea. If it's ggiont to be like a sims game, then why not start out in a a sort of "god mode".Where youa re just the camera and you "fly" around vice city. You can pick people up, and move them around and stuff, but you can also control whoever you want (simple model change). You could just control a glowing circle, and get someone to stand in it, and then you could conrol whoever you selected. With that person you could do specific mission, see certain events, access certain buildings, etc. It would actually probably be easier to make a "family" that all starts out ina house at the beginning of the game, an dthen they just act like peds, walking around the city, and you could only take control of that group of people( like an expanded version of the sims. I personally think this is a good idea, and if anybody doesn't uderstand this post fully, then just say something and I will try to explain it. I wrote this too fast, gotta go to shool.

CYA,

GM2K
That would really make it into some sandbox strategy game. I don't know if I'm willing to code that. I'm thinking funny stuff, like, if you want a family, you need to have random sex with random people in random places with some "cencored" box or some nutter stuff like that. If you play as a female, you should make birth, like, kids flying out "of the thing" and lands next to you or in the next block or whatever. (I can't begin to imagine what effect this will have on the youngsters sarcasm.gif Maby it's a bad thing.) Also, the game is sort of focused on "bad stuff", like beating people silly. Maby you should get 4 stars if you kill your vife ? or husband ? or anybody ? Would bring some realistic effects into it all.

makeing 4 different mission parts for the people would be kinda complex.
Maby it's feasible.

Maybe a foot race? Have a finish line and a starting line, it's up to you to find the fastest route to the end. Of course, the AI would choose the same route every time, unless you made way points or something. Give each waypoint a variable to refer to it as, and once a certain waypoint is reached, randomize to choose another. Am I making sense? That is, once you get to point A, you can head to points B, C, or D. The next point is chosen at random.
how about a faggio race or caddy and/or baggage race along with the footrace? all are slow... 
the golfcart race would be the funniest
How about a tractor ? I want a tractor race. New vehicle types is a must. Lawnmoler / shoppingcart / beds with wheels race.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (shtiann @ Nov 14 2003, 15:22)
Maby some people over at the "join the weed club" topic don't mind sharing some of their "trade secrets".

ye, but I would just like to have the model of a weed factory. Preferably as part of a building basement. Made by the book. By some pot smoker.

uh, does anybody have any links to newer versions of this project ? All I have is the 0.02 version. Not even the road paths are completed in that version.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Nov 14 2003, 15:38)
QUOTE (shtiann @ Nov 14 2003, 15:22)

ye, but I would just like to have the model of a weed factory. Preferably as part of a building basement. Made by the book. By some pot smoker.

uh, does anybody have any links to newer versions of this project ? All I have is the 0.02 version. Not even the road paths are completed in that version.

You will love the shop on my property smile.gif

greetings

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2003 - 04:37 PM

In the movie The Nutty Nut, there was a scene where he was DRIVING a gurney around town. I couldn't stop laughing. Sort of like when I read Barton's posts as of late biggrin.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2003 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Nov 14 2003, 11:38)

LOL, a weed factory?! If it's in a basement it would just be your standard hydroponic garden, no?

And there's nothing higher than 0.2 yet. The only paths I've done arethese right here which were posted way back on page 4. But apparently I'm going to have to redo ALL of them when I move the land up to match the new water level. It seems as if Steves' editor doesn't change the boat wakes....

illspirit cries cuz he has to manually add 48 to several hundred z coords

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 14 November 2003 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Nov 14 2003, 19:51)
It seems as if Steves' editor doesn't change the boat wakes....

My editor changes everything in the waterpro.dat, there isn't anything "special" for boats. Some time ago Odie made some tests with the water. The small map is not LOD water, there are two different functions. One map is for the visible water, the other for the physical. Seems you used the "Generate small map" button, but that is not a good idea, you should resize it manually (with a good painting program). Because it could be incorrect so some water rectangles (pixels on the map) at the beach are missing. That means the visible water is there, but not the physical. What you can try is to add one row of black pixels (water) to the map, so the islands get a bit smaller.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (ST.MU @ Nov 14 2003, 19:59)
QUOTE (illspirit @ Nov 14 2003, 19:51)
It seems as if Steves' editor doesn't change the boat wakes....

My editor changes everything in the waterpro.dat, there isn't anything "special" for boats. Some time ago Odie made some tests with the water. The small map is not LOD water, there are two different functions. One map is for the visible water, the other for the physical. Seems you used the "Generate small map" button, but that is not a good idea, you should resize it manually (with a good painting program). Because it could be incorrect so some water rectangles (pixels on the map) at the beach are missing. That means the visible water is there, but not the physical. What you can try is to add one row of black pixels (water) to the map, so the islands get a bit smaller.

One Problem are some pixels who have a little different color then the rest of the watermap, they will define a different waterlevel. Make sure, that your maps contains only two different colors. calculate the 50% Map with a good paintprog (like Steve says) and make sure, that both maps have the same Level. Close the Watereditor and launch it again to verify your new Waterpro.dat and you should have no problems.

greetings

Viperman
  • Viperman

Logically Horizontal

• Feroci

Posted 14 November 2003 - 08:39 PM

dude, how the hell did i miss some what 10 pages dontgetit.gif dontgetit.gif

anyways, i havent claimed a bit land yet, but ill have a look, i am thinking of a muilt-storey car park sort of thingy

smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users