[SA]
24,121 replies to this topic
Bond996
  • Bond996

[INSERT MEMBER TITLE HERE]

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Joey2003 @ Nov 11 2003, 12:17)
Can i just check, have i got 7 and 8 and 9, cos those are teh ones i asked for, if its not too big for lickle old meh

Joey, you have reserved illcom_c10_r5.dff

That comes out to....
Lot 9.

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 01:57 AM

:] More updated pic of my house.

#1> A pic of the home office
#2> A pic of the dinning room

greetz

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 02:26 AM

Here's the entrance to my stuntpark:
user posted image

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 02:30 AM

How about we make a whole group of people, AND BLOW THEM UP! blush.gif
confused.gif
You know what would be cool though? Making a golf game! Might be a little hard but its could happen! turn.gif

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 12 November 2003 - 02:34 AM

Damn, both the house and the entrance to the stunt park look very tight.I can't wait to see the finished stunt park though. colgate.gif

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 02:34 AM

How about we make a whole group of people, AND BLOW THEM UP!
thats violent. cry.gif
but what you could do is just spawn a hundred people around the same area, then make a big explosion there tounge.gif

You know what would be cool though? Making a golf game! Might be a little hard but its could happen!
someone suggested this before... i think they wanted tommy golf. but it never got made.

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (brokenfish @ Nov 12 2003, 08:34)
thats violent. cry.gif
but what you could do is just spawn a hundred people around the same area, then make a big explosion there tounge.gif

I was being sarcastic... colgate.gif

Anyways about the golf thing, i wasn't thinking about making a difficult code or anything, just something that keeps score. smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2003 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (brokenfish @ Nov 11 2003, 21:34)
You know what would be cool though? Making a golf game! Might be a little hard but its could happen!
someone suggested this before... i think they wanted tommy golf. but it never got made.

Yeah, INH and I were talking about it once upon a time. If it gets included, my idea was to trigger it by pressing CapsLock while in a golf cart smile.gif

trx
  • trx

trx nl

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 07:09 AM

GTAIII - Ray ? Gone Fishing...
=)

shtiann
  • shtiann

nice sucker

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 08:29 AM

my ideas :

-tommy rides a skateboard ! but how to make him stand sideways ?

-a sort of disney world park with games likes RC races, all the funny stuff u could find in these sort of places, i can't translate them....

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 04:02 PM

You should make a mission where a house is on fire and you have to go in and save some people. And then put out the fire.
ok then.
-tommy rides a skateboard ! but how to make him stand sideways ?
Just create a skateboard "car". Or just a skateboard DFF and put it in the 'object.dat' file. uh, why does this project use the original 'object.dat' file ?
GTAIII - Ray ? Gone Fishing...
=)
Sure. I'll just give it some other name...
GOLF thingy
Sure, except, where ? Needs another island.

I'll just go make that fishing mission. (doesn't require any buildings or complete road paths or anything) (I just bet boats need water-paths in VC). turn.gif

Joey2003
  • Joey2003

The Twelfth Jesus

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 04:22 PM

Orite, if i aint got 7&8, please may i claim them, i'm, not too sure what they are on teh model blush.gif

trx
  • trx

trx nl

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 04:46 PM

About the fishing, I meant it to do it the way Ray's partner is fishing, (with grenades) but then I remembered that you didn't want to use weapons in this mod. It could still be fun, though. =)

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 05:15 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 12 November 2003 - 05:16 PM.

QUOTE (trx @ Nov 12 2003, 17:46)
About the fishing, I meant it to do it the way Ray's partner is fishing, (with grenades) but then I remembered that you didn't want to use weapons in this mod. It could still be fun, though. =)

uh, well, I was going to code it with weapons, but... maby I'll just code it without any. Like, Tommy is an angry fisherman that hates other fishermen because Tommy wants all the fish for himself. So, he goes out the on the open sea and jumps from his boat over to other boats and beats the living daylight of every fishermen in sight. Gotta be fun. notify.gif

Maby somebody could create some boat pier ?

SeBsZ
  • SeBsZ

Beep

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 05:22 PM

WOW this stuff looks amazing.. my lil thing is nothing compared to these.. sad.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 06:37 PM

illspirit, something is seriously wrong with your 'waterpro.dat' file. I parked REEFER, jumped on to it and noticed it floated about half a meter under water. I then replaced your 'waterpro.dat' file with the one I created for my golf world (it's like the original, just more water) and restarted. The waterlevel got about half a meter higher (almost no beach, water reaches the green grass) but the REEFER floated normally. Tried parking the reefer in different places with different z values. Always the same. It just doesn't look right with your 'waterpro.dat' file.

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 09:29 PM Edited by Redkiller, 12 November 2003 - 09:47 PM.

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Nov 12 2003, 22:02)
GOLF thingy
Sure, except, where ? Needs another island.

Mini golf would work! smile.gif

Maby somebody could create some boat pier ?

You could use the ones in gta3, one the east side of stauton island, or the one by the light house in VC. ph34r.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 10:22 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 12 November 2003 - 10:24 PM.

You could use the ones in gta3, one the east side of stauton island, or the one by the light house in VC.

It's probably not in the IMG anymore. And I don't feel like stealing other peoples land. And I don't feel like using old objects.
Mini golf would work!

Dunno. Would be like picking up the ball and throwing it like some 3-year old trying to hit the holes. Would look better with "real" golf.

Fisherman mission complete !!!

I just changed the starting position to one of those bridges. The fisherman mission can be started there.

Links in my sig. People that don't know what a sig is can click on one of these lines...
http://home.c2i.net/...mptyCityScm.zip
http://home.no.net/b...mptyCityScm.zip

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 November 2003 - 10:46 PM

What do you think about these names:

Hive City or Hive Islands

Explanation: A beehive is a community of bees working and living together, and this is a community mod. smile.gif And the lots on the map look like honeycombs. tounge.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 10:56 PM

Nest City

like a birds nest. I don't like it.

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 11:46 PM

mail transport missions (mail trucks, mail planes[/COLOR], mail helicopters, special delivers etc.. )

you could do the the plane part because of the film studio mission where you drop the advertising across the mainland

a cool mission would be something like the mission in GTA3 "Bullion Run" or something along the lines of cops and stuff that weighs down your car.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:36 AM

Why not Freedom City, cause everybody has the freedom to build what he want...

Iam sure, i can release my property at the weekend, but i wont show pictures before i get finished smile.gif

greetings

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:41 AM

Aww ODIE, that's no fun colgate.gif We all wana see your piece! Oh well, I do like the name, I'd vote for that one.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2003 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (_punK noodleS_ @ Nov 12 2003, 18:46)
...a cool mission would be something like the mission in GTA3 "Bullion Run" or something along the lines of cops and stuff that weighs down your car.

Unfortunately, the bullion weight effect was hard-coded in gta3.exe. Don't know if they included it in vc, but I doubt it.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:19 AM

by the way can we do the coding on our parts of the land. like anything special there ourselves. because i prefer doing things by myself than requesting them

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:23 AM

im sure thats fine... but are you planning to add it to the final mod? because what if not everyone likes that? or was it just for your personal use? well either way its ok tounge.gif

SeBsZ
  • SeBsZ

Beep

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 06:36 AM

HEh tounge.gif

Freedom City sounds nice, or The Freedom Islands... (only 2 islands but still smile.gif )

@Odie- And if you don't want us to see the pics, then it must be something great (like all your work), so only show the pics if you really want us to... erm, get it?

SeBsZ

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:47 PM

ok,ok, i havent imported all objects, but i give you a view from far away smile.gif

user posted image

also two features:

- visit the TV-Tower and enjoy to view from above
(if more propertys finished)
- Go to the Carshop and rob the Shopkeeper
or buy one of three cars.

user posted image

more on release smile.gif

I need the actuell propertymap to chosse a second property, i got an Idea with some Buildings from LC and i will overwork Miss Liberty to place her in the north of the City (of shore)

Is somebody building a harbour or marina ?

greetings

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:47 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 13 November 2003 - 01:20 PM.

QUOTE (JasonB @ Nov 13 2003, 06:19)
by the way can we do the coding on our parts of the land. like anything special there ourselves. because i prefer doing things by myself than requesting them

It doesn't really matter. If you make some working (or barely working) code and release it, then I will get hold of it and put it into the script for the project. If it needs fixing, I'll do that. If the code doesn't make any sense or violate my "mod compatibility" rules, maby I'll rewrite it to make it make sense or just scrap it. If somebody gets very angry and calls me a thief for stealing somebodys code, it will not be included in my mission script for the project. If whatever code written by whoever gets to be a problem in any way, it will not be included. Simple isn't it ? If you want code to go with your DFFs, you can do one of the following:

1) Make a detailed request and beg me to code it for you.
2) Code it all yourself and send the code as a PM to me.
3) Code it yourself and release it as a scm file with nothing but your code in it.
4) Code it yourself using a decompiled version of my scm and release it as your own scm.

If anybody want more weapons or more of anything else, just use option 4. If I like your ideas, maby I'll just decompile your file and use it as my own. I'm not the boss. I'm the mission script organizer for this project. I will try to make my script better than anybody elses. People can then choose what file they want. Democracy.

you could do the the plane part ...
Lots of things could be done with planes. And boats. But it needs some harbours, piers or something to make it look good. I'll just wait until somebody with a lot near the beach front creates something like it. Like maby some building with some text going like "air transport". I think I'll make a post about that in the map topic.

Other ideas on my mind: Gardener mission. You plant palm trees. The idea is to code it in such a way it survives saving and reloading. MAP modding as part of missions. Plant bushes, flowers and stuff. A tractor would be great. tounge.gif Can't get to be more Sims then can it ? tounge2.gif And maby some terrorist missions to go with it, like, how about suicide bomber ? blush.gif That may not be very funny though, so maby something else, ghettostyle, drugs, male strippers blush.gif ... Been thinking about some drugdealer mission, but I'm not a drugdealer myself, so have no idea how to deal drugs myself. Any experts here maby ? Maby I could ask somebody in the "Join the FREE WEED CLUB" topic. Maby they can give me some instructions on how to set up a weed factory in my basement, like, what to get, how to get it, who to kill to get it, blush.gif whatever.

Storagedudei
  • Storagedudei

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (ODIE @ Nov 13 2003, 12:47)
ok,ok, i havent imported all objects, but i give you a view from far away smile.gif

user posted image

also two features:

- visit the TV-Tower and enjoy to view from above
(if more propertys finished)
- Go to the Carshop and rob the Shopkeeper
or buy one of three cars.

user posted image

more on release smile.gif

I need the actuell propertymap to chosse a second property, i got an Idea with some Buildings from LC and i will overwork Miss Liberty to place her in the north of the City (of shore)

Is somebody building a harbour or marina ?

greetings

Wow it is true that you are the best modder then? tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users