[SA] Myriad Islands

[SA]
24,121 replies to this topic
Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:00 PM

Hey, um, I just realised how big those lots are, and I don't really have time for such a big project, so... if the next person who reserves (or whoever else it is taking care of it) remove my lot reservation, please.

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:08 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Hee hee, I love this mod biggrin.gif

Pagnell
  • Pagnell

a.k.a. petebog

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 07:58 PM

I like the 'you are here' poster, nice touch. smile.gif

As for the other one... inlove.gif

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:05 PM

Heh, yeah I'd hope that the guys would like this special edition. Well, I can't wait to see everyone elses mod now! God, now that I know how much space that there is I really want this dont more smile.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:54 PM

Hmm, I'll be doing the coding for my area myself, but I'd like to see things you'd really see in the city or subburbs, like busses and taxis driving around, and actually picking people up.

SeBsZ
  • SeBsZ

Beep

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:59 PM

Inky, I am not getting this... where do I download your house and land??

SeBsZ

Working on a building with stairs, not sure what to do yet

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:08 PM

firsh off this is GRAND THEFT AUTO devil.gif !!!!! who that duys this game expects not to be able to kill someone at random.....o well i sugest not going all out on wepons but scattering a few weapons around (ex.=baseball bat in the backyard of someones house,handgune in a parking lot to a robable store) maby and on foot delivery mission if posible confused.gif

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:15 PM Edited by brokenfish, 10 November 2003 - 09:16 PM.

the GAME is called grand theft auto.

the MOD is called empty city.
so no violence, nothing.

heres another hopefully non-violent idea: be a tourist, and then your mission is to take as many scenery pictures as you can. turn.gif

Many of the bulidings are coming with an interior to explore already.
i would like to see... more interiors to buildings if possible.
just a little MORE

smile.gif

i like the garbage truck mission. thats original.

Quantum_Destabilizer
  • Quantum_Destabilizer

Ukraine Forever!!!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:17 PM

So, you want to make game inside out, so instead of killing people, do Tommy make new people biggrin.gif

Erm.. I mean dating, partying, hanging out etc.

P.S: Somebody asked that - also need to sleep

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:40 PM

Sorry mate, this is just for me; right now. I bet soon illspirit will release an updated version. I would release my bit but I ain't sure if he'd like it confused.gif

SeBsZ
  • SeBsZ

Beep

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:43 PM

Ahhhh that's why!

Anyway, I have some questions...

Imagine I made a house or something.

I want it on erm whats it called r5-c6.dff or something. Do i build it on there and then save it as r5-c6.dff? This way I just have to send one dff file to a person and they will have it. OR do I make a new dff file, and make an ide file with the location and such.. I am a little confused, maybe someone could make a short step by steop guide tounge2.gif

Thanks all,

SeBsZ

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:55 PM

for the spawn car code:
CODE
:Label008880
0247: request_model #SENTINEL

:Label008885
0001: wait  250& ms
00D6: if  0?
0248:   model #SENTINEL available
004D: jump_if_false ££Label008885
00A5:  24?? = create_car #SENTINEL at  597! -722.9! -100!
0249: release_model #SENTINEL
004E: end_thread

can i duplicate this with different coordinates?
ive tried but i got no result i was thinking on changing the lable #'s but i think i wait till i get a real answer so i dont screw it up

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 11:40 PM Edited by ODIE, 10 November 2003 - 11:41 PM.

Make the Variable 24?? relativ to $Punk_noodles_car_1 or so

also make the Labels unique with your name and if you copy the code, make sure that you take an other variable for the second car, or you will loose control of the first car.

@Inky: Please you and everyone: Build a LOD Object of your Landpart and the outsight of your buildings, it will give the city a better look, if everyone build LODparts.

greetings

ODIE

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:29 AM Edited by Inky, 11 November 2003 - 04:16 AM.

Okay, that sounds good, but it's better if illspirit does it I think because he made a diffrent .col file for the Bunker. I could do it, but I don't wana do alot of Start > See it needs to be moved over > Quit.....over and over, if illspirit already knows what he's doing. dontgetit.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:19 AM

@ Decay- Yea, feel free to recycle some of my older stuff for this. Although I'm afraid everything of mine before Intercity Highway was total crap, and you'ld have to ask Odie as well if you want to reuse anything from that. I don't get how you can say your house "looks really lame", as it looks great so far.

@ JasonB- The only thing I can think to say to get this working is to add it to a clean install. There's just so much being changed that lots of room for conflict with other mods exists. If it still won't work then I don't have a clue. blink.gif

@ Inky- So, does this mean you like how it turned out? If so, I'll throw together an LOD version for it real quick, optimise the textures, and mail you the updates for you to post. Or, you can send me the new readme, and I can host the mod for you. Either way works for me.

illspirit wanders over to the mission topic

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:37 AM

Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying this should be a safe and sanitized The Sims mod. The engine doesn't really have enough options to provide a totally non-violent gameplay experience, does it? I mean, yea, if we can come up with fun pacifist missions, then by all means use 'em. I know I often wondered why there was no garbage truck missions (good thinking CyQ), and things like pizza delivery in VC were fun too. But Punk Noodles does have a point- Most (if not all) people who play the game expect some sort of, erm, anti-social behavior, so the remove all weapons and such might be a bit odd.

And besides, I'm about half way into modelling the police station, and part of the plan was to have supply and evidence rooms for weapon pick-ups. Then there's the jail cells, which I'd like to have peds locked in, and I was thinking of making one of them a torture/interrogation room complete with bloodstains and a police baton pick-up. devil.gif

Oh, and I happen to like the idea of random gang drivebys too.

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 07:08 AM

illspirit, i am making a stuntpark. So you can put that on the illcom site. I will post screens soon, once i get more stuff. SO far i have one ramp and the entrance done. I am gonna start working on this more. This weekend i have been working on my website alot.

SeBsZ
  • SeBsZ

Beep

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 09:26 AM

I don't know what that carspawn thing was doing in here, but I just want to say that Demarest made 3 Carspawn mods, all for GTA3, I converted 2 of them, v1, and v2. And Demarest will be glad to hear that v3 actually is usable, only some crashes and I know exactly why, so that will be fixed. To get an idea of what I am talking about, please visit www.sebszvicemods.tk, and try some out.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:28 AM

user posted image

Not much furniture, or evenm architechture at this point, but its my house. Room on the right is the split level lounge room/entry hall, and on the left is the kitchen/dining room.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:51 AM

Am I the only one who got CyQ's garbage-man joke? I hope not. That might upset Barton for sure.

If you're going to do mailman, why not also Paperboy? Then again, I'm not sure why Barton's so married to the non-violent aspect. It would be unique, but not nearly as interesting.

Here's an idea, since this is a community project, have it be like each lot BELONGS to its occupier. So if one person and another don't normally get along in the forums, have one of them hire you to go blow up the others building or something like that. Have alliances between the authors and represent "gangs" or something.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:56 AM Edited by Opius, 11 November 2003 - 10:58 AM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Nov 11 2003, 21:51)
Here's an idea, since this is a community project, have it be like each lot BELONGS to its occupier. So if one person and another don't normally get along in the forums, have one of them hire you to go blow up the others building or something like that. Have alliances between the authors and represent "gangs" or something

[Wishful Thinking]MTA, anyone?[/Wishful Thinking]

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:05 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 11 November 2003 - 11:50 AM.

I made this thread to start a heated debate about this project. Looks like it's working. A "long advanced great" mission storyline would be great. I would love to see some city (island) zone organizing.
people who play the game expect some sort of, erm, anti-social behavior, so the remove all weapons and such might be a bit odd.
ye, I know. I just don't have any great ideas about where to put the weapons yet.
And besides, I'm about half way into modelling the police station, and part of the plan was to have supply and evidence rooms for weapon pick-ups. Then there's the jail cells, which I'd like to have peds locked in, and I was thinking of making one of them a torture/interrogation room complete with bloodstains and a police baton pick-up.†

Oh, and I happen to like the idea of random gang drivebys too.
ye, but what about the children playing the game ? I don't really care about them (I think), but maby somebody do. notify.gif Anyway, I think random gang drivebys would be easy enough to code.

So, you want to make game inside out, so instead of killing people, do Tommy make new people†

Erm.. I mean dating, partying, hanging out etc.
ye, making Tommy into some woman that gets pregnant all the time could get very funny. I think....... I guess I don't think alot. whatsthat.gif
Hmm, I'll be doing the coding for my area myself, but I'd like to see things you'd really see in the city or subburbs, like busses and taxis driving around, and actually picking people up.
ye, that's interresting. There is only one mission script and I'm the official Script Admin. If you send me your code, it would work. That's how I wanted people to do it anyway. And I will fix any codes I get if I see any serious flaws with it. Simple mods activated by pressing keys is not very likely to happen (my coordsmod will be removed later), because there aren't that many keys to use to begin with. Like, if somebody wants to buy places in the game, the ACTION key will get reserved for buying places. If people wants bodyguards or stuff like that, they must reserve a place to put a sphere that activates the bodyguard mod. If you want to be a passanger in a bus, you need a sphere. If you want a NOD mod, you need to get some sort of NOS upgrade and the NOD mod will only be activated as long as you have Nitro left in your NOS. That way, whatever button reserved for NOS will be available for other mods when you don't need NOS. It would make the game cleaner. Like, if you want a speedo mod, you just drive your car into some garage to buy a speedo. If you hate speedo mods, you just stay away from the garage. Would make everybody happy. And mixing mods should be easy enough.
Am I the only one who got CyQ's garbage-man joke?
He didn't say if it was a joke or not. There are two types of garbage man missions. 1) The mission I made for GTA 3 (that demarest never played (dunno really)) with a psyco killing people and throwing them into a garbage truck and 2) a normal boring garbage man mission.
If you're going to do mailman, why not also Paperboy?
Nobody would play it, but sure, I could make it. Could get interresting. Drive a moped, timer, gta stuff....
Or just make a Paperboy mod with some crazy guy on a moped throwing newspapers in your face.
Spawn cars anywhere
Not a problem, just needs a sphere for activation.
Demarest's VC mods
An activation sphere would do.

I not saying I'm the big mission script boss here, I'm just trying to be. tounge.gif I want to make the best out of this project. That's all. I know you all wants me to be your Script Admin. tounge.gif Thanks for your support. I know you all believe in me. tounge2.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:01 PM Edited by Demarest, 11 November 2003 - 12:01 PM.

QUOTE (Pagnell @ Nov 10 2003, 14:58)
I like the 'you are here' poster, nice touch.  smile.gif

As for the other one...  inlove.gif

My sentiments exactly! I really hope everybody follows the "you are here" precedent as I think it will add a lot of personality to the mod.

QUOTE (Inky @ Nov 10 2003, 16:40)
Sorry mate, this is just for me...
NO! This is a community project. Maybe it's for the best anyways if illspirit is optimizing it for you.

@_punK noodleS_: I don't know where that code came from, but the wait in it is excessively long for a "is model available" check. If you duplicate that code, you'll need to call upon it somehow. I noticed the end_thread there, so... Besides, I thought was the code admin for this, no?

@Barton: Now that SeBsZ mentions it, adding Car Spawn v3 when it's released would not only be cool, but would be a good way of dealing with the city's emptiness and evolutionary nature.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Nov 11 2003, 06:05)
Am I the only one who got CyQ's garbage-man joke?
He didn't say if it was a joke or not. There are two types of garbage man missions. 1) The mission I made for GTA 3 (that demarest never played (dunno really)) with a psyco killing people and throwing them into a garbage truck and 2) a normal boring garbage man mission...

Well I just assumed he said that because you made the garbage man missions before. I could be wrong.

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Nov 11 2003, 00:19)
@ Decay- Yea, feel free to recycle some of my older stuff for this. Although I'm afraid everything of mine before Intercity Highway was total crap, and you'ld have to ask Odie as well if you want to reuse anything from that. I don't get how you can say your house "looks really lame", as it looks great so far.

The models from your island with the custom made buildings ( whirly turn dizzy (( I have no idea what it was called anymore)) where you had a pc, bathtub, and some chihck lying on the couch. Those were some great models. Especially the pc.

I think IMO, that my house looks lame right now because its untextured and etc. Today, I hope to add many models and textures to the first floor and basement.

Im also thinking about making a large mansion, kinda like the one in Vice City, but maybe more like a maze. Or even a funhouse. We'll see what I can do, aye? smile.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 04:09 PM

You should make a mission where a house is on fire and you have to go in and save some people. And then put out the fire. colgate.gif

Joey2003
  • Joey2003

The Twelfth Jesus

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 04:17 PM

Can i just check, have i got 7 and 8 and 9, cos those are teh ones i asked for, if its not too big for lickle old meh

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Joey2003 @ Nov 11 2003, 10:17)
Can i just check, have i got 7 and 8 and 9, cos those are teh ones i asked for, if its not too big for lickle old meh

I don't know how we're claiming lots anymore.... I think illy has a new way. tounge.gif

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 11 November 2003 - 05:38 PM Edited by Inky, 11 November 2003 - 05:39 PM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Nov 11 2003, 12:01)
QUOTE (Inky @  Nov 10 2003, 16:40)
Sorry mate, this is just for me...
NO! This is a community project. Maybe it's for the best anyways if illspirit is optimizing it for you.

No, I meant for now! Not always! Just...for now, I'm not gonna realease my copy because I dont know if illspirit will like it!

[EDIT] Oh yeah, Ill, I love it man biggrin.gif Thanks so much!

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 05:40 PM

too scary tounge.gif

how about a mission where you have to jump off of something high? i dont know where

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users