• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24,123 replies to this topic
Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:46 PM

nice job on the new mod Odie smile.gif

I sent it to you three times now...but I will resend.

Target
  • Target

ph34r m3h

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:54 PM

It seems I CAN help with this mod now...any room for me? biggrin.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 15 November 2003 - 10:19 PM

@Odie: I've never seen a post with more mistakes tounge.gif But your map piece is incredibly staggering - as always wink.gif
But you should separate the ground from the houses and stuff before you light them, because now the streets and the grass have another color than the rest of the map.
I don't want you to tell me where you hid the package, but I searched everywhere and couldn't find it. Could it be you forgot to correct its position when you rose the objects 3 units.

@Illspirit: There is still a problem with the water:
user posted image

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci

Posted 15 November 2003 - 10:47 PM Edited by DieselGT, 15 November 2003 - 11:05 PM.

Steve: no, its in the right place. wink.gif Very well hidden. Try getting airborne.

Odie: fantastic, as per usual. I can only wonder what will be in the next three lots! wow.gif

I guess if we have enough buyers, each lot will have one package hidden somewhere and one lot will have two?

I'm just finishing up my design, so I'll get modeling soon, but I will need someone to help me with a little .scm coding later...

>EDIT<

yay! reserve time!

user posted image

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (ST.MU @ Nov 15 2003, 22:19)
@Odie: I've never seen a post with more mistakes tounge.gif But your map piece is incredibly staggering - as always wink.gif
But you should separate the ground from the houses and stuff before you light them, because now the streets and the grass have another color than the rest of the map.
I don't want you to tell me where you hid the package, but I searched everywhere and couldn't find it. Could it be you forgot to correct its position when you rose the objects 3 units.

Hehe.. you know my lovely english smile.gif I hate to write english and wonder how i do it smile.gif

You can find the package, but its hidden very good.

Only one tip: dont go up

I prelighnet the land together with the rest mapparts (attached) with Illspirits lights on the map... The Problem ist, that only my piece is reimported and you wont see the shadows on other pieces. Without prellightning the land it would look very ugly. Illspirit have to collect all buildings and prelight the land if all objects are build smile.gif

greetings

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 10:59 PM

I finally finished my house shell.

user posted image
sigh.gif wink.gif

Target
  • Target

ph34r m3h

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Redkiller @ Nov 15 2003, 22:59)
I finally finished my house shell.

user posted image
sigh.gif wink.gif

Good job!

*cough*I want a slot*cough cough*

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 16 November 2003 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (ODIE @ Nov 15 2003, 23:47)
OK, I found it! blush.gif Damn, the CCM beta had a package at the same place (just checked it), I found it back then wink.gif

Illspirit have to collect all buildings and prelight the land if all objects are build smile.gif
Impossible! That's asking too much, he can't import more than 100 objects in ZModeler, convert them to 3ds, import them in Max, prelight and reexport them.
Better everyone leaves the land as it is and just prelight the building(s).

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 12:09 AM

@Redkiller- Awesome job. This is looking cool

@Odie- Let me know here if you got the e-mail. Thanks man!

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 12:24 AM

Im getting closer and closer to getting done with the house for my lot.

user posted image
music.gif

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 November 2003 - 12:52 AM

Awsome job Redkiller, I love ur place. Can't wait to try her out. Is there gonna be a backyard aswell?

@Everyone: I need ideas to fill up my lot. Please some input would be great.

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 01:13 AM Edited by Redkiller, 16 November 2003 - 01:13 AM.

QUOTE (Inky @ Nov 16 2003, 06:52)
Awsome job Redkiller, I love ur place. Can't wait to try her out. Is there gonna be a backyard aswell?

Thanks. turn.gif Yeah it'll have a backyard. And i'll probably put in a garage, basketball hoop, possibly a small half pipe, and some other normal things you'd expect to have in a residential neighborhood. wink.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci
  • Norway

Posted 16 November 2003 - 01:20 AM

DieselGT- You foget about me tounge.gif
Odie - your map is user posted image greit

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 02:43 AM

Ive got almost everything put together for my house now. Heres a quick ingame shot I took.

user posted image
sigh.gif music.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:07 AM

@ my bro, Rk-

*Cough*n00b*Cough* biggrin.gif

j/k.

I really need to finish my house know, so I can look 1337 also. confused.gif rolleyes.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:12 AM

Don't know if you saw it before, but could I get illcom_c2_r12?
It's in the same area as where DieselGT says is his on one map, but on illspirits site it says it's free. What's the official stance on this matter?

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:55 AM

@ Odie, Steve, and anyone else who will be lighting things- Actually, the best way to go about it would be to use tha max files, model the buildings, and any ground changes you need as seperate pieces, light them, and then cut out a hole (it seems boolean doesn't muck up the vertex colors) in the existing land and attach. You can still move the ground vertices around a bit to line it up properly without screwing the lights up too bad. 'Tis how I did Inky's landscape and the vertex colors still match the surrounding area. Of course you can't get building shadows this way, but there's hardly enough vertices in the land mass for proper shadows anyway. Not to mention the sun will move about, throwing any shadows off completely. Come to think of it, I don't think R* even used the 'cast shadows' option for any of their pre-lights, as the ground shading is rather uniform...

@Opius- I think _c2_r12 is still free. Diesel claimed a bunch of spots but changed his mind when he saw how big they really were. Don't quote me on the free part though, as I still need to sort back through the topic and register a few requested pieces...

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci

Posted 16 November 2003 - 08:14 AM

@Opius: All those lots in the south coast that I reserved are now free. The only one I've taken now is in the north (see my map at the bottom of the last page)

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 16 November 2003 - 08:50 AM

Goodo. Now I've just got to figure out how to make the hill blend in.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (ST.MU @ Nov 16 2003, 00:00)
OK, I found it! blush.gif Damn, the CCM beta had a package at the same place (just checked it), I found it back then wink.gif

Illspirit have to collect all buildings and prelight the land if all objects are build smile.gif
Impossible! That's asking too much, he can't import more than 100 objects in ZModeler, convert them to 3ds, import them in Max, prelight and reexport them.
Better everyone leaves the land as it is and just prelight the building(s).

Yupp, was the best place to hide in CCM and here :-)

Its not necessarily to convert all Objects, only the Landparts must be imported correct, for later export, the models may have no textures to cast a shadow. Who build in MAX can send his Models as MAX and all others should convert the objects with ZModeler. But at fist the city must become complete.

@ Illspirit: But if i build a piece of the landpart, like the small way to the fountain, i build them seperate, cut out, attach to the land and weld the vertexes together. Now i must prelight, cause the new faces looks very ugly, like oil on water :-)

Its very nice, that the landmass is a little bit raised by hills, buts its very different to place Buildings on non-plane-land.

greetings

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:45 PM

wow is all i can say about your area odie,i cant wait till the next 3 areas are done...1 questions though, what are these?

user posted image

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:00 PM Edited by Redkiller, 16 November 2003 - 04:01 PM.

@_punK noodleS_

They are probably plants without textures.

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:03 PM

o...meaning i installed it wrong or they just dont have texstures on everyones?

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:07 PM

I'm guessing you installed it wrong. But I haven't Downloaded yet, so don't don't know if its supposed to be like that. wink.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:29 PM

I guess you forgot to add one of the TXDs.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci
  • Norway

Posted 16 November 2003 - 05:23 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 16 November 2003 - 05:24 PM.

I have same problem with small trees...I think ODIE use new texture in generic but forgot include to this map

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci

Posted 16 November 2003 - 05:43 PM

They work fine for me dontgetit.gif

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:58 PM Edited by ODIE, 16 November 2003 - 11:39 PM.

Its the ODIE_transpar.txd

Maybe some guys have trouble, cause the name of the model and the texture is exactly the same, try to rename the texture in the IMG and in the IDE

And you did changed the Landpart... Do you installed the Cullzones and the object.dat entry? Do you read the README?

greetings

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:42 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 16 November 2003 - 10:52 PM.

Jackass missions anyone?
Already suggested. Jump of a roof. If you survive, you win the mission and get stuff, like your health back (or maby just some money ?). And you get to get back up on the roof. sarcasm.gif
GTA3Mods.de has a shopping trolley that replaces the Faggio
MTV quality jackass. dozingoff.gif Gotta be fun. sleepy.gif
edit: Or you get to drive a hospital ped to hospital (instead of an ambulance).
bah... ambulance mod -> if you get hurt, you get chased by an ambulance. Bleeder mod -> if you get hurt, you get hurt more, because your blood gets drained. Then you REALLY need to get to hospital before your health runs out.
Tax fraud mod -> constant wanted level.
Programmer mod -> Have the script generate a new script.
Lazy mod / narcolepsia -> instead of getting tired when running, you fall down and go to sleep.

So, does anybody have a dream about becoming a gardener ? I did some tests and it's is possible to script it. Works with saved games too (if you save BEFORE you load). Gotta be fun. dozingoff.gif Atleast you get to drive a car that looks like it has been used for such things before. sleepy.gif Sucks without a tractor. sleepy.gif

Gotta try to code some "give birth" mod tomorrow. sleepy.gif Give birth to some tiny teeny hore or something. Or some old fart. Doesn't make much sense, but. sleepy.gif

Should be a "1 mission minimum" rule on all the map mods.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Nov 16 2003, 17:42)
...Works with saved games too (if you save BEFORE you load)...

That's pretty funny. Made me laugh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users