• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24,123 replies to this topic
LazioFreak
  • LazioFreak

VC Mapper

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 08:53 PM

Wow! rah.gif
This is a very good mod and I think there is a lot to do.
Maybe I could make a parc, landscapes are my specialities colgate.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:14 PM

Hmmmm, well I just redid the waterpro without changing the main water level from 6.0, and it worked just fine when I used the 'generate small map' button. Steve, test out a boat in the water on the last version I posted, and you'll see that the physical and visible water are both fine, it's just the boat wakes that got screwed up. It almost seems like the black bits in waterpro just don't work if you lower them.

Anyhow, I suppose it doesn't matter now, as I've already raised the map and path coordinates three units so the water works, and is compatible with Barton's mission script. It went rather painlessly as well since I wrote a quick PHP script to raise everything for me. wink.gif

Get the updated v03 paths & illcom .ipl's, and new waterpro file right here.

Or, if you haven't installed any of it yet, get the full v0.3 package over here.

And if anyone has installed, or is working on any additions to the map, be sure to raise the Z coordinates for all new objects by 3 units to match! If you have lots of added objects, and don't feel like adjusting by hand, send me the ipl, and I'll fix it with my script.

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:40 PM

Hey, think that mabey I could make something else? If you think I can, gimmie a small lot and some quick ideas.

Pagnell
  • Pagnell

a.k.a. petebog

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Nov 14 2003, 18:51)
illspirit cries cuz he has to manually add 48 to several hundred z coords

If it's not already too late, that's exactly the kind of large scale repetitive job that Excel (or any other spreadsheet) is good for. Just open the .ipl as a .csv (comma seperated variable) file, you shouldn't have any trouble figuring the rest out. smile.gif
It might leave the .ipl a bit messy when you save it, but it's still quicker to clean it up than manually adjusting all the values.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2003 - 02:09 AM

@ Inky- Well, you've still got quite a bit of room on your lot, so you could always just add to it. Going along with the whole Bunker theme, perhaps you could make a military-style obstacle course or something?

@ Pagnell- Thanks for the suggestion, but it's already too late, and I don't have any spreadsheet aps. However my PHP script did the job for me in about 2 seconds. Here's the code if anybody's interested:

CODE

<?PHP
$data = file('illcom.ipl');
foreach($data as $element) {
   $element = trim($element);
   $pieces = explode(",", $element);
echo "" . $pieces[0] . ", " . $pieces[1] . " , " . $pieces[2] . ", " . $pieces[3] . ", " . $pieces[4] . ", " . ($pieces[5] + 3) . ", " . $pieces[6] . ", " . $pieces[7] . ", " . $pieces[8] . ", " . $pieces[9] . ", " . $pieces[10] . ", " . $pieces[11] . ", " . $pieces[12] . "<br>";

}
?>

Just change the filename in the $data bit to whatever you're editing, and change the ($pieces[5] + 3) bit to however many units you'ld like to raise everything. And if you want to do paths.ipl, multiply the + bit by 16, and remove the last comma and piece[12] from the script. You can also move x/y by adding or subtracting from [3] and [4]. After it's set, just run it on any php enabled server, then copy/paste from the results from your browser. You'll have to manually cleanup the comment and 'inst', 'end', and other lines though cuz the script is kinda slack. tounge.gif

ghost_master2000
  • ghost_master2000

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 02:25 AM

WEll, I just released a much better version of my vice city removal tool. It removes all the objects based on your ide files, and also clears out your ide, and ipl files too, and no more repeating file at the end of the img, YAY! It takes my 2 Ghz P4 about 3 mins to do it all, so it hsould be around there for most people. I was ogoing to make it do the waterpro.dat, but I figured that modders would include it with their mod. I wrote it in c++, kinda scraggly code, but it works. 3 mins is a lot better than the 2 hours it owuld be to do it manually, or the 2 hours it takes with mod installer with REspawns script. I had originally done respawns way, but changed my mind when I saw how long it took. I also learned a few more things that I would need to know if I wan to do game programming.

btw. Nice mod illspirit, I would love to see LOD's though.

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 02:36 AM

Heres a pic of the outer shell of my house...

user posted image

turn.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 15 November 2003 - 03:35 AM Edited by Opius, 15 November 2003 - 03:45 AM.

I've finished all of the first floor and most of the second floor of my house.
user posted image
If it looks like it was two different kinds of architechture stuck together, it is. We had an extension put on, but our original architecht died (!), so another one did the rest.

Since our house is built on a hill, I'll probably have to reserve another block. Be right after I find one I like.

[EDIT]Can I have c2_r12?

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 November 2003 - 03:42 AM

@ illspirit: Well, sure I'll use my lot. Good idea. But, I don't know aboot the whole course idea. I'll think of something though.

@ Opius: I love how you layed out your place. I especially like the slanted roof idea, very tight. smile.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Inky @ Nov 14 2003, 21:42)
@ Opius: I love how you layed out your place. I especially like the slanted roof idea, very tight. smile.gif

I believe its his real house. Im making my real house too. My bro Redkiller is making an imaginary house from the top of his head. colgate.gif

I finally finished the 2nd floor and now have the attic to tend to. Hopefully it will be ready by tommorrow. I plan on working on it all night. blush.gif ( not the objects, but the house structure itself and the texturing.) turn.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 15 November 2003 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Decay @ Nov 15 2003, 16:26)
QUOTE (Inky @ Nov 14 2003, 21:42)

I believe its his real house. Im making my real house too.

Correct.

Both of your houses are coming along nicely.
Slightly OT:Do you and Redkiller share a computer, or do you have one each?

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Nov 14 2003, 17:37)
In the movie The Nutty Nut, there was a scene where he was DRIVING a gurney around town. I couldn't stop laughing. Sort of like when I read Barton's posts as of late biggrin.gif

gurney is not in my dictionary. What is it ?

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 08:11 AM

We share. We can't afford to have our own each. alien.gif

You'll get to see it when I release meh house. cool.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:40 AM

Houses are looking nice guys. smile.gif I'll get back to work on the police station (and updating the property map) tomorrow. I just got done being sidetracked by making an online IPL mass mover thingy I was rambling about above. So, if anyone needs to move large ammounts of paths or map objects about, you can find the thing right here. Probably won't be useful to, erm, anybody really, but, yea, there it is. tounge2.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:53 AM

One of those hospital beds.

GTA3Mods.de has a shopping trolley that replaces the Faggio.
Jackass missions anyone?

ViperKing
  • ViperKing

King of Vipers

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 04:25 PM Edited by ViperKing, 19 August 2004 - 11:19 PM.

anyway, this is looking niceeee..
I like St.MU's idea, Hive city sounds cool

- was wondering if there is gonna be a prison in the police station, cause if not, maybe you could build one in the sea, alcatraz style, no escaping...

keep up the good work!

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 05:09 PM Edited by ODIE, 15 November 2003 - 06:48 PM.

Wow, this was really hard work for such a small property, but i hope
you will like it.

Get the complete Files (without Pathes) at this Link

including:

- 14 new models, ID# 4000 - 4011 used + 828, dk_paynspraydoor
- LOD Objects
- lightningeffects by night
- 7 new texturefiles
- Cullzones (rainfree zones) also for Inky´s Bunker
- Pathes (send to Illspirit for adding into to official path.ipl)
- one entry for the object.dat
- american.gxt (until there is no official by Barton)
- Main.scm (until there is no official by Barton)

functions of the main.scm

- parced vehicles
- one hidden package (on each prop should one be placed)
- TV-Tower (liftroutine and rotation of the restaurant)
- 2 enviroment-sound-effects
- Carshop --> Rob the keeper, buy one of three cars and use Pay&Spray
- Lotteryshop --> Rob the keeper or play lottery and win $10.000
(lottery cost 100$ per Ticket and you can buy an other ticket after a few hours)
btw. the Lottery was an idea from my son and he is very proud about it smile.gif

I Will send my Code to Barton soon.

Follow the installinstructions in the Readme to get it work.

some pics:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

some Problems?

Indeed, not much money for buying a car and not much possibility to make some, but
you got $1000 for start and can play LUCKY7 to make more money, or rob
the shops. Till now, its only one hidden package on the island, find it and you will
get the $100.000 for finding all packages smile.gif

Get the Update of the Paths.IPL from Illspirit, i send him the Pathes for my property !!

Ok, have fun now !!!!

@ Inky: Change the Viewdistance of you Landpart to 150 and the LOD to 1500, looks better

@ All: Please build urban areas on the mainland, so that we get a city not a place with empty spaces, hills or other non city stuff. Place this Stuff like Stuntparks, Racetracks and more offshore on extra islands...

greetings

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 06:11 PM Edited by ODIE, 15 November 2003 - 06:53 PM.

no longer nessesary...

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 November 2003 - 06:27 PM

@Odie: Sure, I'd do that if I knew how. Just to let you know if ya don't, is that illspirit does all the work because I need to learn the ipl,ide,main.scm mainly. But I'll give it a go....somehow.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 06:47 PM Edited by ODIE, 15 November 2003 - 06:47 PM.

No Problem, just some handwork smile.gif

Ok, its finished and all coords should be changed correctly.

Enjoy on the same Link !!

@Inky: The Viewdistance is the 5th value in the IDEs line and should look like this:

2025, illcom_c9_r3, bunker, 1, 150, 1
3025, LODcom_c9_r3, bunker, 1, 1500, 0

Take a look in the Editing Discussion Forum / Maps, there is a IDE definitionthread (pinned). Poor Illspirit work on modding, work on the forum....

greetings

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 November 2003 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, I fixed it. But I can't seem to notice the difference

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2003 - 07:10 PM

I shall have the new path file done in a feew minutes. I'm working on finishing the outer loop of the 4-lane road right now.

@ Odie, are your paths adjusted for the new +3 level, or shall I run it through my script?

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 07:13 PM Edited by Decay, 15 November 2003 - 07:15 PM.

An update on the shell of my house...

user posted image
sigh.gif

Oops logged in as my brother.
-RK

Decay hasn't got an update on his house yet. sad.gif

Target
  • Target

ph34r m3h

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 07:36 PM Edited by Target, 15 November 2003 - 07:40 PM.

Hey. I'd make somethin' for yeh if you want me to. Speak to me on msn/email me.

EDIT: Sctratch that. blush.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci
  • Norway

Posted 15 November 2003 - 07:51 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 15 November 2003 - 10:36 PM.

Now my land is

user posted image
BIG PIC
pic of low poly house
user posted image

& in Big Empty City we have Palms or Normal Trees ?

MAP OF SR (Snow Racer) STREET

- 8 HOUSES
- STATOIL
- MCDONALDS

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 07:52 PM

Hey, look what i caught tommy doing:
user posted image
Now, you cant say he is gay..lol

Odie, i am downloading that right now..

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:23 PM

Rah! Here's an updated paths.ipl file with Odie's peds in it:
http://www.illspirit...m/Odie_path.zip

The new road paths have a screwed up junction in there somewhere, but I'll have to fix that later. I've been looking at -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0,0 ,01, 1010,10,101,011,11233,111-11 for far too long now....

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:29 PM Edited by d8cam19, 15 November 2003 - 09:46 PM.

QUOTE (Decay @ Nov 14 2003, 05:52)
QUOTE (d8cam19 @ Nov 13 2003, 16:08)
Odie I have been trying to contact you for days now.  Please e-mail me.  [email protected]

Maybe because you backstab people when they give you reviews of mods. Like me. bored.gif

Thanks for all that great proof! Wow you nailed me. I should leave and never come back......

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:30 PM

Snow racer, all them lots reserved by me no longer are. blush.gif I want one lot in the future though, but it doesn't matter where, I'll reserve when I am done planning.

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:38 PM Edited by ODIE, 15 November 2003 - 09:41 PM.

Ok, i need more room smile.gif

user posted image

@ d8cam19 : I dindt forget you, but i was very buisy on modeling. Use my new Email account [email protected], the old one is overflowed by spam... I answer the interview soon as possible.

greetings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users