GTA III Miscellaneous & 100% Guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic
KelvinLe99
  • KelvinLe99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hey,the Vigilante and Firefighter mission must complete all 60 times then only can get reward ?

Cannot take it when I was only do 20 times ?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Vigilante: You get one police bribe to every hideout for every 10 criminals you kill.
Firefighter: You must do all 60 before you get the reward Flamethrower at each hideout.

njp66
  • njp66

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Does the PC version have the 'car mission glitch'?

That ambulance handles like a lump of jelly/jello.

Unless you modify the vehicles handling parameters you are screwed.

I have not managed to successfully modify weapons apart from changing magazine capacity.

It has been an age since I played this game right the way through.

I like to to drive-by's on other moving cars. Firing into them makes the driver go into Panic Mode. I just follow them until the fleeing vehicle self-destructs through damage. It is amusing to chase with a car which doesn't have good handling & watch as the victim argues with lamp-posts and mashes peds by the dozen.

I believe this behaviour is related to the 'Vigilante' missions.

Doing the vigilante missions in a Banshee or jumping a Yakuza Stinger across the broken bridge would be easier.

There's no way you can make the Colombians or Mafia friendly on Staunton or Shoreside Vale without fooling with their agression//lawfulness parameters in the pedstats data file.

Even if you go to Staunton or Shoreside Vale right at the beginning of the game the Colombians there will shoot at you on sight when you haven't pissed them off on Portland.

When you are doing the 'squash Colombians at Franklin Airport' rampage it is best to drive away from the immediate vicinity of the air terminal and ram the Cartel guys from behind. That way the only gun-fire you get will be from those on the opposite side of the street & your chosen vehicle wil last longer.

You can legitimately cheat the 'destroy cars by drive-by with UZI' rampage. Shoot a cop, which brings more. Then trigger the rampage and just destroy the law enforcement vehicles as they arrive.

You might get lucky and have the blast of an exploding cop car take out passing traffic too. They all count on your total.

I am just about at the end of the Shoreside Vale & I realised I haven't done the driving mission in the multi-story car park back on Staunton.

It should trigger with a Stallion driving up to the barrier?

I have also tried a Yardie Lobo, Blista & Moonbeam, so am I locked out of that one or what?

I know this is a long reply but I am still buzzing from managing to beat 'Gripped' for the first time.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

Does the PC version have the 'car mission glitch'?
That ambulance handles like a lump of jelly/jello.
Unless you modify the vehicles handling parameters you are screwed.

I've only seen people talk about it in relation to the Taxi mission so I don't know if it works anywhere else. I guess you just have to try. Even if it doesn't, while the Ambulance handles really badly, you can pass the Paramedic mission perfectly fine if you just drive carefully. Tap the brakes while going down the steepest hills on Portland (which is where you should really do it, before you tick off any rival gangs) and make sure to use the handbrake to come to complete stops so you won't risk running any patients over.

I believe this behaviour is related to the 'Vigilante' missions.

What do you mean 'related to'?

Even if you go to Staunton or Shoreside Vale right at the beginning of the game the Colombians there will shoot at you on sight when you haven't pissed them off on Portland.

It has something to do with what happened in the introduction but I'm not really sure how. Or it's just a bug and they aren't realy supposed to hate you right from the start.

I am just about at the end of the Shoreside Vale & I realised I haven't done the driving mission in the multi-story car park back on Staunton.
It should trigger with a Stallion driving up to the barrier?
I have also tried a Yardie Lobo, Blista & Moonbeam, so am I locked out of that one or what?

Yes, you need a Stallion but don't drive all the way up to the barrier. Stop pretty much on the curb, then get out/in the car and the mission should start.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users