Gangsta

• Administrator
  • None

Posted 24 September 2003 - 07:17 PM

SIGNATURE IMAGE POLICY
20th September 2003

This is the template your signature must fit into when you make a post:
user posted image

•The 500 x 100 pixel area can contain images OR text.

•The 500 x 50 pixel area can contain ONLY text.

•Maximum dimensions of a SINGLE signature image is 468 x 70 pixels.

•Maximum image filesize should be ~25kb including animations.

Note From Cerbera
This new method of signature policy will prevent very TALL signatures making us all from having to scroll so much. I'm sure your middle fingers will thank us for that. wink.gif

Signatures which are too big will be completely removed on sight. The member will then have to re-write what they had using a different format or leaving stuff out to make it fit.

There is NO STAFF APPROVAL REQUIRED for any new images you want to add to your signature. Just make sure it all fits inside that sacred top area and isn't offensive, please.

Note From Mr. Miffusle
I've always been kind when it comes to signature rules, now that you have more space I will be very strict on it though. Anyone found over the limits will feal my wrath, unless you give me maple bacon, then were cool. So have fun with your large sigs you robust men of steel.

Note From Tank
Remember, a talented sig maker doesn't need a huge amount of space to impress. Even so, 150x50 pixels is a large amount of space. If you're still bitchin' about lack of space, then assume I'm bitchin' at your lack of sig-making skills. Like many things in life, the real talent isn't the size of your sig, it's how you use it.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2003 - 07:25 PM

The dimensions could change, I'm thinking that perhaps 75 pixels for text *might* be acceptable, we'll see.
Personally, I'm not going to be removing people's signatures until the start of next month if they are too big. Also, I'd ask people not to report every signature that doesn't fit these new guidelines unti the start of next month either, we should allow some time for members to make the change.

You may be interested in checking the Sig Tech™ topic for help with space-saving in your signature. smile.gif

Chunky Monkey
  • Chunky Monkey

XBOX LIVE COMING SOON!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2003 - 07:26 PM

god damn all these sig rules!

Its confusing me!!!!!!!! angry.gif

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 September 2003 - 07:29 PM

Me likes new rules.

Me hopes 56k will get slowed down less. smile.gif

Nice rules. Especially the 20kb as it will take less time for pages to load.

Oh well better go & check my siggy.

South Sidez
  • South Sidez

G-Unit Gangsta#1

• Members

Posted 25 September 2003 - 01:32 AM

sad.gif Monkey see monkey do i making a new sig but its too big so i gotta make it smaller

Jack_Knife
  • Jack_Knife

we usually take all niggas garments

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 September 2003 - 03:08 AM Edited by Jack_Knife, 25 September 2003 - 03:13 AM.

I'm quite happy with these new rules. Both the limit on size and dimensions. And i'm all other people on the forums with 56k will be happy too.

I'm very sorry, but I just had to do this, I mean, you were asking for it with the wink smiley and EVERYTHING:

Note From Cerbera
This new method of signature policy will prevent very TALL signatures making us all from having to scroll so much. I'm sure your middle fingers will thank us for that.

Yeah, my middle finger will thank you alright!
user posted image

Mafia Drive Gunner
  • Mafia Drive Gunner

Fetishist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:30 AM

Oh Cerb,

Does that star stil apply because you locked that thing because of me and deleted it ( the old signature image topic)
because it said if you have an oversixze you wont get a star and i did

MDG

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2003 - 12:09 PM

I told you why you got your star and why it was staying over MSN. Azkoyen gave it to you during the signature clamp-down which was running at the time. If you continue to repeatedly ask this same question it will be viewed as harrassing staff.

Uno Carb
  • Uno Carb

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2003 - 02:04 PM

Okay, I have a question:

- Right now, I just have a small personal banner sig that I'm using. Do I have to put it in the new template box?

- Won't this slow down 56k'ers even more since we have to load the template box with our images?

DJDeez
  • DJDeez

Godfather

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 September 2003 - 02:23 PM

Nice signature policy Tank, thanks for the final set of rules.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 25 September 2003 - 04:28 PM

I don't know about ~20Kb, a full-allowed sized GIF image (468X70) is about 24Kb, and I use GIF because my sigs look sh*t if I have to use JPEG.

But nice to see a clampdown on physical size, not filesize.

Lawley
  • Lawley

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 September 2003 - 05:15 PM

i dont mind the new rules i used too have 56k and hated the slowness of the page so i hope the new rules help u 56kers

Rotten
  • Rotten

Average Mug™

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2003 - 11:29 PM

me thinx this won't be the final version as stated

lesfleanut
  • lesfleanut

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2003 - 09:08 AM

haha... w33t to tank for the pen0r reference.

Cerb - My index finger does all the scrolling, the middle stays up my buttox.

Other than that.... I think people should have one 468x70 image, and one 50x50 avatar. All these little buttons and fluff are sh*t, they take time from me, and that can't be good. Also, not a good idea to give a forum full of coding rejects access to tables. It gets rather ugly. Oh, and one more thing...

Rock over london, rock on chicago... Tank: its whats for dinner.

ps: Propagate, as it were.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2003 - 11:35 AM

Signature template policy comes into full effect today, the first of October. First people to get thier signature contents removed are Chunkey Monkey, MaFiA DrIvE gUnNeR and Lesfleanut. All from in this very topic. confused.gif

Chunky Monkey
  • Chunky Monkey

XBOX LIVE COMING SOON!

• Members

Posted 01 October 2003 - 01:38 PM

you could have just got rid of the bit of sig that was breaking the rules angry.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2003 - 02:39 PM

I wouldn't get upset over it. Cerbera gave everybody ample notice and nothing but understanding in the meantime. I for one do not enjoy masturbating my mouse just to see what's next in a thread. I think using the template as a sig replacement is a creative way to demonstrate exactly what we have to sit through.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2003 - 04:10 PM

Demarest is right, the staff have given everyone over a week to sort thier signatures out and the 3 people who have gotten thiers removed had all posted right here, in the thread where this was announced. suicidal.gif

I'd remind those reading this that the maximum image dimesions for a single picture are 468x70 (20px extension for official gang members) so sticking the 500x150 image in your signature will be viewed as a severe breech of this limit.
This also means that staff won't change your signature to be the template image, they will simply remove the whole contents.

Datalord
  • Datalord

Boss

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 01 October 2003 - 04:33 PM

Well i left a warning in it yesterday about the 3rd warning (and last) that your sig was too big yet again after several warnings, i left it and was just about to check too see if you had sorted it but i see cerb already had done it.

Guglielminpietro
  • Guglielminpietro

Undress for success.

• The Precinct

Posted 01 October 2003 - 08:15 PM

How do you measure the pixel size of a block of text?? Or is it just an approximation?

confused.gif

lesfleanut
  • lesfleanut

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2003 - 08:42 PM

lol cerb jacked my sig. Good job.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (Guglielminpietro @ Oct 1 2003, 21:15)
How do you measure the pixel size of a block of text?? Or is it just an approximation?

confused.gif

MY technique is to do a screenshot, open paint and paste it in. Then, using the rectangle tool, I can but a border around thier sig and use the statusbar to see what dimensions it comes out as. smile.gif

I've been thinking that perhaps allowing 75 pixels for the text would be better, as quotes can only take a line or two in 50 pixels really...

Zelius
  • Zelius

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2003 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Oct 2 2003, 08:58)

confused.gif

MY technique is to do a screenshot, open paint and paste it in. Then, using the rectangle tool, I can but a border around thier sig and use the statusbar to see what dimensions it comes out as. smile.gif

I've been thinking that perhaps allowing 75 pixels for the text would be better, as quotes can only take a line or two in 50 pixels really...

All that trouble just to measure sig height? rolleyes.gif

Ah well, I'm just gonna take the chance that my sig fits the limit. If not feel free to ban... eh tell me.

Rotten
  • Rotten

Average Mug™

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2003 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Oct 2 2003, 09:58)

confused.gif

what resolution do you use though?

as on a 800x600 the pixel height of text will look a lot different to that of a 1124x768

perhaps it should be..

if your signature is over 150pixels in height, viewing a 1024x768, with standard font.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2003 - 04:27 PM

CODE
font: 10px Verdana; color:#F2F2FF; background-color: #425A7B;

The fonts are scaled to pixels in the CSS, so that means it's the same for every resolution, doesn't it? smile.gif

Chunky Monkey
  • Chunky Monkey

XBOX LIVE COMING SOON!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2003 - 05:54 PM Edited by chunky monkey, 02 October 2003 - 05:58 PM.

I hope you are happy now ive changed me sig and yes it does fit!!!!!!!!! cool.gif

Rotten
  • Rotten

Average Mug™

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Oct 2 2003, 17:27)
CODE

The fonts are scaled to pixels in the CSS, so that means it's the same for every resolution, doesn't it? smile.gif

I am afraid not.

Why not try the different resolutions of your pc. smile.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Rotten @ Oct 2 2003, 19:18)
QUOTE (Cerbera @ Oct 2 2003, 17:27)
CODE

I am afraid not.

If I try other resolutions it'll screw my carefully arranged desktop shortcut icons. dontgetit.gif

I'm pretty sure if you take screenshots of the text at different resolutions it *should* be the exact same size, because a pixel is a pixel is a pixel, surely?

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Oct 2 2003, 19:22)
QUOTE (Rotten @ Oct 2 2003, 19:18)
I am afraid not.

If I try other resolutions it'll screw my carefully arranged desktop shortcut icons. dontgetit.gif

I'm pretty sure if you take screenshots of the text at different resolutions it *should* be the exact same size, because a pixel is a pixel is a pixel, surely?

Yes, and there are more pixels in a higher resolution.

*cough*

lesfleanut
  • lesfleanut

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2003 - 03:01 AM

Er... Negative on the surely. Text and image size varies from resolution to resolution...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users